or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Online dating service finds iPhone owners have more sex partners

Online dating service finds iPhone owners have more sex partners

post #1 of 128
Owners of Apple's iPhone on average have more sex partners by age 30 than those who own other handsets, and the iPhone takes more attractive photos than competing smartphones, a survey of users of an online dating service has found.

This week, OK Cupid published the results of a wide-reaching poll of photos taken from the online dating service. As part of the survey, the site determined users' sexual activity by smartphone brand, based on the results of 9,785 people.

With a snapshot of 30-year-olds, male iPhone owners have an average of 10 sexual partners, while women reported an average of 12.3. That's well ahead of BlackBerry owners (8.1 partners for men, 8.8 for women) and devices that run Google's Android mobile operating system (6 partners for men, 6.1 for women).

Going beyond just a single age, the study found that iPhone users at any age between 18 and 40 have more sexual partners than Android or BlackBerry users.

The site also found that the type of camera used to take a user's picture helped to gauge their "attractiveness," as determined by users of the site. Most smartphone cameras had a negative effect on the attractiveness of the phone, but Apple's iPhone was one of the few smartphones found to produce more attractive photos.

For comparison, the Palm Pre, Android handsets, BlackBerrys, Windows Mobile Devices, and handsets from Samsung, LG, Motorola and Nokia all decreased photo attractiveness.

Last year, a study found that iPhone users were richer, younger, and perhaps even more productive at work than users of other smartphones. Compiled from 32,228 working U.S. adults in 2008, the survey found that iPhone users are more educated and affluent than users of other smartphones.
post #2 of 128
No wonder Apple-haters are so frustrated and bitter.
post #3 of 128
I thought it was Axe body lotion that got chicks.
post #4 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

I was going to say that :-)
post #5 of 128
Haha, iPhone users are players!
iPad News, App Reviews, and More: iPadNewsUpdates.com
iPad News, App Reviews, and More: iPadNewsUpdates.com
post #6 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmCityWeb View Post

Haha, iPhone users are players!

or bigger liars.
post #7 of 128
I should cancel a plan to buy iPhone. I have more sex than I can handle right now.
post #8 of 128
I would say:

A. Android users are far to young for sexual activities.

B. Blackberry users find it difficult to make love with a tie around their neck.

C. Well actually this explains it all.
post #9 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I should cancel a plan to buy iPhone. I have more sex than I can handle right now.

They mean with other people.
post #10 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Owners of Apple's iPhone on average have more sex partners by age 30 than those who own other handsets ...

Makes sense to me.

Conservative personalities statistically have less sex also, and Android appeals to that type of person by default. All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.
post #11 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Makes sense to me.

Conservative personalities statistically have less sex also, and Android appeals to that type of person by default. All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.

Erm. Android appeals to geekier types. Which explains the lower number of partners, especially earlier in life.

Blackberry and Windows Mobile appeals to conservatives.
post #12 of 128
That's it... I'm buying an iPhone! And some axe body spray for good measure.
post #13 of 128
Note to self: Stay away from men with iPhones... the probability of them having an STD is statistically higher than other handhelds.

Sad, Palm isn't on this list. I wonder what having a Palm says about how I treat my hubby in the bedroom (he seems quite happy )
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
Go Linux, Choose a Flavor!
"I aim to misbehave"
post #14 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

They mean with other people.

There must be a joke about Palm in there somewhere, but damned if I can think of it.
post #15 of 128
Quote:

All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.

I would agree. All creative people I know mostly use Apple products. I don't know why I stick with Windows for so long. Maybe I'm masochist.
post #16 of 128
Next Question: Do iPhone owners also have more STD's than other smartphone owners?
post #17 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

Note to self: Stay away from men with iPhones... the probability of them having an STD is statistically higher than other handhelds.

Sad, Palm isn't on this list. I wonder what having a Palm says about how I treat my hubby in the bedroom (he seems quite happy )

I will resist with all of my might, responding to your inadvertent use of the word "palm" in the context of making your husband happy in the bedroom. Darn, I failed!
post #18 of 128
Quote:

It also highlights what's wrong with this poll in that it emphasizes the the number of sexual partners not the number of sexual interactions people have.
post #19 of 128
I know...
post #20 of 128
technically it's people whose pictures are taken by iPhones have more sexual partners than people whose pictures are taken by other phones, but I guess if you assume most smartphone users are taking pictures of themselves, then it works.
post #21 of 128
No wonder the French love the iPhone.
post #22 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWTHeckman View Post

Next Question: Do iPhone owners also have more STD's than other smartphone owners?

I would have to say the STD rate is probably lower because they are on average more affluent and better educated. Those groups tend to have fewer STDs.
post #23 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWTHeckman View Post

iPhone users operates better and have less viruses.
post #24 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

Droid aficionados are Star Wars geek types. Compare their ads to iPhone ads. iPhone ads are warm, sweet, human. Louis Armstrong plays 'It's a Wonderful World' in the background. Droid ads imply that if you buy their phone, you'll become part-machine - and that this is a GOOD thing. Vaguely-threatening robot sounds (reminiscent of the Cylons, sworn to destroy humanity in Battlestar Galactica) constitute their theme music.

Google even bought the rights to the term 'Droid' from Lucas. That's about as hard-core as Star Wars geekiness gets.

Of course, while iPhone users do well with human mates, their Droid counterparts (mostly male) would do well with fembots. ("I'll take a Lucy Liu model to go, please!")

Just don't try to tell the Droidboys that fembots don't really exist, or that Star Wars geekery doesn't make them attractive (except to another Star Wars geek). Such interventions inevitably fail.
post #25 of 128
I have to admit, that when I see someone with a Blackberry I immediately think two things:
1) They probably have it from work, which means they are more likely to be too pre-occupied with work. Not sexy.
2) If the Blackberry was their own choice, then they have more "corporate" taste which is far from attractive or sexy.
3) If the Blackberry is not from work or their own choice, it's probably from their parent's family plan which means they're not financially independent, which is even less attractive or sexy than bad taste.
post #26 of 128
And having more sex partners is a good thing? To me, it indicates a lack of commitment, attention deficit (get tired of something new really fast, and quickly give up on relationships rather than working things out), and selfishness (it's all about satisfying MY sexual desires, even if I end up throwing other people out like junk when I'm done with them).
post #27 of 128
More sex partners, but lower quality ones. Mostly, it's the seams. Too much flexing, and all the air rushes out.
post #28 of 128
Opening up the doc connector allows for a wide array of attachments.
post #29 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Google even bought the rights to the term 'Droid' from Lucas. That's about as hard-core as Star Wars geekiness gets.

Don't forget the new Droid coming out has a special edition that is Empire Strikes Back themed.
post #30 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

Erm. Android appeals to geekier types. Which explains the lower number of partners, especially earlier in life.

Blackberry and Windows Mobile appeals to conservatives.

I was mostly just having a bit of fun.

What I meant was that Android necessarily appeals to a reactionary (naysayer) personality, (i.e. - conservative personality), which is sort of funny because I think the Android users see themselves as more liberators and free thinkers instead of conservative types.

Not that funny I guess.
post #31 of 128
post #32 of 128
Quote:

Makes sense to me.

Perhaps it is not about iPhone, but about phone service provider. Anybody noticed that?

I do not have an iPhone just because of AT&T (I prefer far more T-Mobile as more worldwide spread service than AT&T could handle roaming agreements... and I am Euro living in the USA).

As far as sex that has nothing to do with iPhone. I do not use any phone as fetish or as utility to get date (I am married BTW).

Conclusions like this survey/research bear false associations just like finding sex activity correlations between uniformed army officers and civilians. I think that in period of draught for news during summer vacations media find any funky subject to provoke readers and keep them busy.
post #33 of 128
This is old news:

Techcruch story...

13" MBP 2.53GHz C2D, 21.5" Alu iMac 3.06GHz C2D, 24" Alu iMac 2.8GHz C2D, 15" MBP 2.2GHz i7 (work)
AppleTV: 320GB, 2; TC 500GB; iPad 32GB; iPhone: 3G 8GB, 4 32GB; iPod: 30GB 5G, 80GB Classic, 2GB...

13" MBP 2.53GHz C2D, 21.5" Alu iMac 3.06GHz C2D, 24" Alu iMac 2.8GHz C2D, 15" MBP 2.2GHz i7 (work)
AppleTV: 320GB, 2; TC 500GB; iPad 32GB; iPhone: 3G 8GB, 4 32GB; iPod: 30GB 5G, 80GB Classic, 2GB...

post #34 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post

I have to admit, that when I see someone with a Blackberry I immediately think two things:
1) They probably have it from work, which means they are more likely to be too pre-occupied with work. Not sexy.
2) If the Blackberry was their own choice, then they have more "corporate" taste which is far from attractive or sexy.
3) If the Blackberry is not from work or their own choice, it's probably from their parent's family plan which means they're not financially independent, which is even less attractive or sexy than bad taste.

1) That is true to those who do not keep life balance. I on the other hand will never allow corporate business get into my way of this... or I issue discrimination claims with HR. So better my employer be careful. There are still thousands jobs up for grabs for experienced professionals.
post #35 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsong View Post

And having more sex partners is a good thing? To me, it indicates a lack of commitment, attention deficit (get tired of something new really fast, and quickly give up on relationships rather than working things out), and selfishness (it's all about satisfying MY sexual desires, even if I end up throwing other people out like junk when I'm done with them).

Cotton Mather, is that you?
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #36 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post

There must be a joke about Palm in there somewhere, but damned if I can think of it.

iPhone users don't have hairy palms.
post #37 of 128
Quote:

Many iPhone owners tend to use a case while they're trying out different apps.
post #38 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

iPhone users don't have hairy palms.

Face-palm!
post #39 of 128
Wouldn't surprise me, the typical Android users are pimple-faced ugly geeks wearing braces.
post #40 of 128
Well, at least on the guy-guy side of things, I haven't yet heard of any web sites called guyswithblackberrys, guyswithandroids, or guyswithpalms yet.

Let alone guyswithwindowsphones...

WARNING: if you visit the alternative, *****NSFW*****

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Online dating service finds iPhone owners have more sex partners