or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › China Unicom to avoid iPhone 4 'antennagate' with its own free cases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

China Unicom to avoid iPhone 4 'antennagate' with its own free cases

post #1 of 48
Thread Starter 
When the iPhone 4 launches in China in September, carrier China Unicom will give every customer a free case as a preemptive strike against the antenna concerns that caused a stir in the U.S.

According to Caixin, the cases will be offered to all iPhone 4 customers by the carrier as a "free gift." Apple's latest handset goes on sale in mainland China on Sept. 16.

In July, after reports of antenna issues with the iPhone 4 reached a deafening buzz in the tech community, Apple announced it would give away free cases to all iPhone 4 purchases made through Sept. 30. Customers can order their free case through the iPhone 4 Case Program App Store software.

The report did not indicate whether China Unicom's complimentary case will be mailed after the purchase, or made available to the customer when they buy their iPhone 4.

Earlier this month, a Wi-Fi-enabled 8GB iPhone 3GS was released by China Unicom. Apple's previous phones sold legitimately in the nation of over one billion did not have Wi-Fi, because the Chinese government had temporarily banned the technology.

Following the launch of the iPhone 4, China Unicom is expected to soon offer Apple's iPad for sale.
post #2 of 48
Duh. Smart move.
post #3 of 48
Good move by Unicom. Now as for the rest of their policies...
post #4 of 48
A tad off-topic, but my case arrived yesterday. Ugh. Apple sent me the wrong one.
post #5 of 48
I still haven't had problems with any of them sold recently, I grabbed my friends and held it "wrong" and no issue with attenuation, I asked him if he had any issues, he just chuckled and said, "no". I think Apple added some coating on the current ones released.
post #6 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I still haven't had problems with any of them sold recently, I grabbed my friends and held it "wrong" and no issue with attenuation, I asked him if he had any issues, he just chuckled and said, "no". I think Apple added some coating on the current ones released.



Nope. The reality is that there are no reception problems. It was all made up by bloggers. It is an industry-wide problem.
post #7 of 48
A note to anyone wanting to use the Bumper...your phone will look like it's been pecked by a graphite beaked hen after a week or so all around the metal, unless your pockets are spotless.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #8 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Nope. The reality is that there are no reception problems. It was all made up by bloggers. It is an industry-wide problem.

Funny how Apple and china unicorn are giving out free cases to solve a non existent problem. After all, the antenna experts on the Apple Insider forum say this problem was "made up".

By the way, my phone did it before I got my case, but I make up everything too.
post #9 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I still haven't had problems with any of them sold recently, I grabbed my friends and held it "wrong" and no issue with attenuation, I asked him if he had any issues, he just chuckled and said, "no". I think Apple added some coating on the current ones released.

Most iPhone 4 users never reported having the problem to start with, so now we are supposed to take your coating theory as credible because YOU THINK you are right?

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply
post #10 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I still haven't had problems with any of them sold recently, I grabbed my friends and held it "wrong" and no issue with attenuation, I asked him if he had any issues, he just chuckled and said, "no". I think Apple added some coating on the current ones released.

And when someone asked him if he paid too much for his apple products, did he just chuckle and say "no"?

When he couldn't visit his favorite website because his iPhone or iPad has no flash, did he just chuckle and say no?

When he couldn't tether his iPhone before ATT got their "rape me" data plans in place, did it bother him or did he just chuckle and say no?

And on and on. Don't know what's worse, being a fanboi or being an arrogant fanboi. This is why people outside the cult of Mac think Apple customers are nuts.
post #11 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I think Apple added some coating on the current ones released.

No, it's difficult to add coating to stainless steel. It would also have to be thick enough to stop the attenuation. That's why scotch tape doesn't really work. It's not thick enough. It would require testing, which isn't done in a few weeks. It's just overhyped by the media.
post #12 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

And when someone asked him if he paid too much for his apple products, did he just chuckle and say "no"?

When he couldn't visit his favorite website because his iPhone or iPad has no flash, did he just chuckle and say no?

When he couldn't tether his iPhone before ATT got their "rape me" data plans in place, did it bother him or did he just chuckle and say no?

And on and on. Don't know what's worse, being a fanboi or being an arrogant fanboi. This is why people outside the cult of Mac think Apple customers are nuts.

Tethering? Free for me with no JB on my unlimited data plan.

Favorite site without flash? None of my favorite sites that I go to use flash that is detrimental to the functionality of it. Don't miss it.

Pay too much? I have money to burn. Never an issue.
post #13 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Tethering? Free for me with no JB on my unlimited data plan.

Favorite site without flash? None of my favorite sites that I go to use flash that is detrimental to the functionality of it. Don't miss it.

Pay too much? I have money to burn. Never an issue.

How is tethering free on an unlimited plan? According to ATT you have to give up the unlimited plan in order to get tethering, and then pay extra each month. Jailbreaking will provide it, but you say you have it without JB.
post #14 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Nope. The reality is that there are no reception problems. It was all made up by bloggers. It is an industry-wide problem.

I'm not so sure anymore. I don't believe that the issue with the antenna ever amounted to anything but sadly, I think they've put the coating on anyway.

After many months of waiting (I'm in Canada), my iPhone 4 arrived yesterday and while it's likely impossible to tell for sure, it sure *looks* like it has some kind of coating on the antenna.

I'm kind of ticked off about it actually, as I would rather have the bare metal.

Admittedly, all I'm going on is appearance, but in all the shots I've seen online and in all the advertising materials, the metal frame looks blue-white, shiny and ... well, "steel-like."

The iPhone 4 I have in my hand, has a tinny feel and is best described as a dull, dark, pearly grey kind of metal that doesn't look much like the pictures at all and if you told me it was some kind of crappy tin with an electroplated coating, I'd believe you, because that's what it actually looks like.

It doesn't have "teh shiny" at all, and it sure doesn't look like the pictures! Very different.

Oh, also it's one of those that has the flaw where the back case has gaps between it and the housing. Great.
post #15 of 48
Too bad Apple still didn't fix the design issue with the IPhone 4.
I will love to use my IPhone without the "Bumpers"; they don't looks nice on the Iphone.
I tried to use it without it but the calls and internet drops if I hold the phone how I use to do it on my IPhone 3g.
post #16 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrob View Post

How is tethering free on an unlimited plan? According to ATT you have to give up the unlimited plan in order to get tethering, and then pay extra each month. Jailbreaking will provide it, but you say you have it without JB.

Handylight is the app I use. It has since been pulled from the App Store for the hidden tethering feature.
post #17 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Tethering? Free for me with no JB on my unlimited data plan.

Favorite site without flash? None of my favorite sites that I go to use flash that is detrimental to the functionality of it. Don't miss it.

Pay too much? I have money to burn. Never an issue.

What of others? Are you the only person in the world?
post #18 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I'm not so sure anymore. I don't believe that the issue with the antenna ever amounted to anything but sadly, I think they've put the coating on anyway.

After many months of waiting (I'm in Canada), my iPhone 4 arrived yesterday and while it's likely impossible to tell for sure, it sure *looks* like it has some kind of coating on the antenna.

I'm kind of ticked off about it actually, as I would rather have the bare metal.

Admittedly, all I'm going on is appearance, but in all the shots I've seen online and in all the advertising materials, the metal frame looks blue-white, shiny and ... well, "steel-like."

The iPhone 4 I have in my hand, has a tinny feel and is best described as a dull, dark, pearly grey kind of metal that doesn't look much like the pictures at all and if you told me it was some kind of crappy tin with an electroplated coating, I'd believe you, because that's what it actually looks like.

It doesn't have "teh shiny" at all, and it sure doesn't look like the pictures! Very different.

Oh, also it's one of those that has the flaw where the back case has gaps between it and the housing. Great.

So your mad and disappointed that Apple may have made a repair attempt? If I were Steve Jobs, I would be banging my head on my glass desk after reading this one.

You just can't win with Apple fans.
post #19 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

***snip***ance, but in all the shots I've seen online and in all the advertising materials, the metal frame looks blue-white, shiny and ... well, "steel-like."

The iPhone 4 I have in my hand, has a tinny feel and is best described as a dull, dark, pearly grey kind of metal that doesn't look much like the pictures at all and if you told me it was some kind of crappy tin with an electroplated coating, I'd believe you, because that's what it actually looks like.

It doesn't have "teh shiny" at all, and it sure doesn't look like the pictures! Very different.

Oh, also it's one of those that has the flaw where the back case has gaps between it and the housing. Great.

Post a picture...
post #20 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In July, after reports of antenna issues with the iPhone 4 reached a deafening buzz in the tech community,

Nice hyperbole. It was hardly deafening and it was 99.9% only in the US, which means the issue is as much or possibly entirely ATT and not the iphone 4.

And keep in mind that the cases are for the perceived issue from the bar readout, which is not indicative of actual reception. You can have 5 bars and still drop calls due to tower overload. Or have 1 bar and be fine cause no one else is on the tower. Something pointed out by several blogs, users and Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Nope. The reality is that there are no reception problems. It was all made up by bloggers. It is an industry-wide problem.

No there is a reception problem with ATT. They acknowledge that in some areas service blows big chunks. NYC and San Fran are two such areas. And as the Consumer Reports article said, the whole bars issue could result in calling problems in areas with weak reception. But in fact you can drop the bars part of the statement. Because it's not the attenuation that is the issue. It's that ATT sucks in your area. That's why you are getting weak reception. You'd still get weak reception with 5 bars.

So basically there are two issues here. The whole bars issue, which happens with all phones to some degree even without picking it up. And reception issues caused by ATT's suck service in areas. The catch and the reason for the cases, is that non Geek folks with help from the blogs and places like Consumer Reports, have created causality where there's only correlation and those folks perceive of the whole thing as the drop in bars is causing their bad service. That might be the truth for 2% of those folks cause they got a phone with a bad antenna but for the other 98% it's just smoke and their service is actually fine, great even.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #21 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

And when someone asked him if he paid too much for his apple products, did he just chuckle and say "no"?

When he couldn't visit his favorite website because his iPhone or iPad has no flash, did he just chuckle and say no?

When he couldn't tether his iPhone before ATT got their "rape me" data plans in place, did it bother him or did he just chuckle and say no?

And on and on. Don't know what's worse, being a fanboi or being an arrogant fanboi. This is why people outside the cult of Mac think Apple customers are nuts.

You don't know which is worse, being a fanboi or being an arrogant fanboi. Well, that's pretty simple and obvious. Most of your statements seem to overlook the simple and obvious.
post #22 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Nope. The reality is that there are no reception problems. It was all made up by bloggers. It is an industry-wide problem.

The problem was not "made up by bloggers." Have you seen all the videos of signal attenuation?

Prior to purchasing my phone, I was able to reproduce the signal bar drop with the death grip in the Apple store with ease. After the signal bar patch, I was still able to reproduce it but to a smaller degree (often just 1 bar drop).

However, I've had my iphone 4 for 5 or 6 weeks now and I have NEVER had a SINGLE failed connection or dropped call. I spend a few hours a day on conference calls and my iPhone 3GS would be lucky to make it 15 minutes without dropping. I use my iPhone in places I couldn't use the 3GS -- the elevators, in the core of the building with 8 walls and two elevator banks separating me from the tower. I could never make the whole drive to/from home without dropping before, and now I do every day. It's never dropped. I'm flat-out astounded. And trust me, I've TRIED to make it drop with the death grip even in bad service areas like my house. Of course, even though I am in a mediocre service area some people are in worse areas.

I finally did put an Apple bumper case on just yesterday because I was afraid of dropping the phone, but it had absolutely nothing to do with signal loss. It's a very precise case, one of the best I've ever owned - highly recommended.

Personally, I think including a free case is akin to calling everyone's attention to an issue that only a half of a percent of Apple's customers have complained about.
post #23 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

So your mad and disappointed that Apple may have made a repair attempt? If I were Steve Jobs, I would be banging my head on my glass desk after reading this one.

You just can't win with Apple fans.

Actually, I think Steve Jobs would agree with me if in fact what I think has been done has been done. The design was fine the way it was.

I'm not saying I'm not happy with the phone, it has lots of good things about it, I'm just saying that I'm disappointed that it looks rather unlike the photos you see on the web or in the advertising.

This is either a case of the advertising being very, very "rosy" to the point of being slightly misleading, or ...

... they have put some kind of coating on the metal that changes the colour and sheen of the thing substantially.

PS - I'm not going to post a picture, because I don't have a way to do that at the moment, I'm minutes away from leaving to get it fixed, and I can only take a picture of it with my old iPhone 3Gs, which doesn't have the clarity or the colour reproduction necessary to see what I'm talking about. If in fact they have put a coating on, there will no doubt be comparison sites by folks that have better cameras than me eventually.
post #24 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

What of others? Are you the only person in the world?

I've been tethering for quite some time (and using my existing data package to do it, screw AT&T's new plan).

I'm running Flash on my iPhone 4 and iPad - it aint there yet - trust me! I was one of those who didn't want to believe Jobs, but I'm thinking now he may have been right:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/mobile-fla...ves-jobs-right

And I like my free case...
post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

PS - I'm not going to post a picture, because I don't have a way to do that at the moment, I'm minutes away from leaving to get it fixed, and I can only take a picture of it with my old iPhone 3Gs, which doesn't have the clarity or the colour reproduction necessary to see what I'm talking about. If in fact they have put a coating on, there will no doubt be comparison sites by folks that have better cameras than me eventually.

Okay!!!
post #26 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Funny how Apple and china unicorn are giving out free cases to solve a non existent problem. After all, the antenna experts on the Apple Insider forum say this problem was "made up".

.


Looking at the data, I dont think there is a problem. There is no Antennagate.

Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.

But here, there was no problem that is not exactly the same as every other phone made. Most smartphones take a hit in exactly the same way the iP4 does. It is an industry-wide issue, but nobody else other than Steve is brave enough to admit it. So right now the state of the art of the entire industry is that no one has solved this problem.

What Steve likes more than anything in the world is to make his users happy. And in this case, he wanted to make ALL of his users happy. So Steve gave us free bumpers. And the haters talk like he did something wrong.
post #27 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Most iPhone 4 users never reported having the problem to start with, so now we are supposed to take your coating theory as credible because YOU THINK you are right?


When I look at the data, it's hard to escape the conclusion that there is a problem, but that problem is affecting a very small number of users.

It is an industry wide problem, however.
post #28 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Most smartphones take a hit in exactly the same way the iP4 does. It is an industry-wide issue, but nobody else other than Steve is brave enough to admit it. So right now the state of the art of the entire industry is that no one has solved this problem.

While the attentuation problem is something that happens on most smartphones, those competitors need a deathgrip to get the issue. The iPhone 4 simply needs a touch in many cases, not a grip. For me, it wasn't an issue.
post #29 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

It's just overhyped by the media.


This whole thing has been SO FAR blown out of proportion. It's fun to have a story, but it's not fun on the other side.
post #30 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

The iPhone 4 simply needs a touch in many cases, not a grip. For me, it wasn't an issue.


I'm not saying Steve didn't make a mistake. He didn't know that it would have these issues. He didn't know he was putting a bull's eye on the phone.

This has been so overblown.
post #31 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

And when someone asked him if he paid too much for his apple products, did he just chuckle and say "no"?

When he couldn't visit his favorite website because his iPhone or iPad has no flash, did he just chuckle and say no?

When he couldn't tether his iPhone before ATT got their "rape me" data plans in place, did it bother him or did he just chuckle and say no?

And on and on. Don't know what's worse, being a fanboi or being an arrogant fanboi. This is why people outside the cult of Mac think Apple customers are nuts.

So anybody that doesn't agree with you is an arrogant fanboi? Perhaps it's time to ease back on the caffeine.

Why is everything have to be an extreme? People must pronounce something the greatest thing ever, or it's a complete piece of crap. Nothing in between. And of course, anybody that thinks otherwise is a piece of crap as well. Just chill.
post #32 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

So anybody that doesn't agree with you is an arrogant fanboi? Perhaps it's time to ease back on the caffeine.

Why is everything have to be an extreme? People must pronounce something the greatest thing ever, or it's a complete piece of crap. Nothing in between. And of course, anybody that thinks otherwise is a piece of crap as well. Just chill.

You can say that to ME?? Do you read the other posts here? It's overkill nonsense that gets me going, the blind devotion to some company no matter what they do.

I'll ease back on the caffeine when the others ease back on the Apple Pie.
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I'm not so sure anymore. I don't believe that the issue with the antenna ever amounted to anything but sadly, I think they've put the coating on anyway.

After many months of waiting (I'm in Canada), my iPhone 4 arrived yesterday and while it's likely impossible to tell for sure, it sure *looks* like it has some kind of coating on the antenna.

I'm kind of ticked off about it actually, as I would rather have the bare metal.

Admittedly, all I'm going on is appearance, but in all the shots I've seen online and in all the advertising materials, the metal frame looks blue-white, shiny and ... well, "steel-like."

The iPhone 4 I have in my hand, has a tinny feel and is best described as a dull, dark, pearly grey kind of metal that doesn't look much like the pictures at all and if you told me it was some kind of crappy tin with an electroplated coating, I'd believe you, because that's what it actually looks like.

It doesn't have "teh shiny" at all, and it sure doesn't look like the pictures! Very different.

Oh, also it's one of those that has the flaw where the back case has gaps between it and the housing. Great.

Put up some pics man! I am curious.
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
Reply
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
Reply
post #34 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Looking at the data, I dont think there is a problem. There is no Antennagate.

Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.

But here, there was no problem that is not exactly the same as every other phone made. Most smartphones take a hit in exactly the same way the iP4 does. It is an industry-wide issue, but nobody else other than Steve is brave enough to admit it. So right now the state of the art of the entire industry is that no one has solved this problem.

What Steve likes more than anything in the world is to make his users happy. And in this case, he wanted to make ALL of his users happy. So Steve gave us free bumpers. And the haters talk like he did something wrong.

Hold it just a minute. Reality police are on the way.

Apple did not initially admit to making a mistake. At first they said nothing and customers were bouncing back and forth between blaming ATT and Apple.

Then the first word we heard was "don't hold it that way." And the fanatics scrambled around trying to prove the email was false. But it wasn't.

Apple finally spoke up and did so with such arrogance it was disgusting. Even Macworld said so.

"We love our customers" Jobs said. "If you don't know that about Apple, then you don't know Apple."

What kind of humble apology was that? Can you imagine if you made an apology like that? Try this on for size.

"Yeah honey, I cheated on you. But I'm not perfect. I love YOU. If you don't know that about me, then you don't know me."

I guess Mrs. Jobs would end up apologizing to Steve, but my wife would punch me in the face.,
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I'm not so sure anymore. I don't believe that the issue with the antenna ever amounted to anything but sadly, I think they've put the coating on anyway.

After many months of waiting (I'm in Canada), my iPhone 4 arrived yesterday and while it's likely impossible to tell for sure, it sure *looks* like it has some kind of coating on the antenna.

I'm kind of ticked off about it actually, as I would rather have the bare metal.

Admittedly, all I'm going on is appearance, but in all the shots I've seen online and in all the advertising materials, the metal frame looks blue-white, shiny and ... well, "steel-like."

The iPhone 4 I have in my hand, has a tinny feel and is best described as a dull, dark, pearly grey kind of metal that doesn't look much like the pictures at all and if you told me it was some kind of crappy tin with an electroplated coating, I'd believe you, because that's what it actually looks like.

It doesn't have "teh shiny" at all, and it sure doesn't look like the pictures! Very different.

Oh, also it's one of those that has the flaw where the back case has gaps between it and the housing. Great.

Could they have switched to using liquidmetal for the antenna covering part?
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Hold it just a minute. Reality police are on the way.

Apple did not initially admit to making a mistake. At first they said nothing and customers were bouncing back and forth between blaming ATT and Apple.

Then the first word we heard was "don't hold it that way." And the fanatics scrambled around trying to prove the email was false. But it wasn't.

Apple finally spoke up and did so with such arrogance it was disgusting. Even Macworld said so.

"We love our customers" Jobs said. "If you don't know that about Apple, then you don't know Apple."

What kind of humble apology was that? Can you imagine if you made an apology like that? Try this on for size.

"Yeah honey, I cheated on you. But I'm not perfect. I love YOU. If you don't know that about me, then you don't know me."

I guess Mrs. Jobs would end up apologizing to Steve, but my wife would punch me in the face.,

Apple still hasn't admitted to making a mistake. Apple maintains that all phones suffer from some degree of attenuation. And judging by the phones demoed on their website, it appears they are correct. What Steve actually said is Apple is looking into this issue, in the meantime, you can either return your device and get a full refund or opt to receive one of the free cases. In fact, it appears that Steve thinks all of this is just media hype.

The "We love our customers" statement was not an apology, and therefore your analogy is pure garbage. However, I do approve of your wife punching you in the face.
post #37 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Nope. The reality is that there are no reception problems. It was all made up by bloggers. It is an industry-wide problem.

By "bloggers" do you mean "Apple's competitors"?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #38 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

A note to anyone wanting to use the Bumper...your phone will look like it's been pecked by a graphite beaked hen after a week or so all around the metal, unless your pockets are spotless.

Pro Tip: do not put crushed gravel into your pockets. Also, turn pockets inside out and use laundry detergent.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #39 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Apple still hasn't admitted to making a mistake. Apple maintains that all phones suffer from some degree of attenuation. And judging by the phones demoed on their website, it appears they are correct. What Steve actually said is Apple is looking into this issue, in the meantime, you can either return your device and get a full refund or opt to receive one of the free cases. In fact, it appears that Steve thinks all of this is just media hype.

The "We love our customers" statement was not an apology, and therefore your analogy is pure garbage. However, I do approve of your wife punching you in the face.

LOL. Well put. For the record, when his wife told him she loved him, he also asked her, "what kind of apology is that, woman?"

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #40 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Apple still hasn't admitted to making a mistake. Apple maintains that all phones suffer from some degree of attenuation. And judging by the phones demoed on their website, it appears they are correct. What Steve actually said is Apple is looking into this issue, in the meantime, you can either return your device and get a full refund or opt to receive one of the free cases. In fact, it appears that Steve thinks all of this is just media hype.

The "We love our customers" statement was not an apology, and therefore your analogy is pure garbage. However, I do approve of your wife punching you in the face.

Umm, Mr. Moderator, you give me points for inappropriate language from time to time. How about one for this guy? I find his violent tendencies very inappropriate. Sock it to em!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › China Unicom to avoid iPhone 4 'antennagate' with its own free cases