or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple sends out invitations for Sept. 1 'special event'

Apple sends out invitations for Sept. 1 'special event' - Page 2

post #41 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

You Can Delete Posts You Know.

Only moderators can delete posts. His double-post has been sorted.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
post #42 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFlank View Post

YES PLEASE. I would adore multitasking on my iPad soon. Oh, and Garage Band/ iLife would be fantastic also. Maybe Jam Packs will come included?... Wow I just realized that paying for college is harder when also paying for Apple products. Time to find a job! (at an Apple store hopefully)

Am I the only one that wishes he could turn off multitasking on his iPhone?
It runs slower, the battery life is about 3/4 what it used to be.
And applications behave slightly different upon startup.
And now, I have to go in an kill apps all the time (especially GPS apps).

For the once or twice I've run Pandora while using a GPS app (talk about killing battery life!), I could easily get by without the multitasking. I'd rather have my battery life back and not have to recharge my phone in the middle of the day.
post #43 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by themus View Post

and the stock goes on up...

It's about time.
post #44 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocastro View Post

i want to see there new device they might show, i hope its not a new iphone because that would be messed up

Don't be afraid there is no such a thing as a new iPhone to be expected anytime sonn. The current one just rocks. No improovement needed.
post #45 of 102
cmon, if Apple TV is $99. with App Store apps like StreamTome and Air video...who WONT buy it?
Tech Apocalypse - Battle for the Sky.
Tech Apocalypse - Battle for the Sky.
post #46 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihxo;

somehow I doubt apple TV or iTV (or whatever name it might be) will be there.

I have my doubts about this, too. Untill the new datacenter is up and running (if the rumors of a new iTunes cloud service are indeed true) I woul little sense to launch a new product which will rely on this service. Besides, the itv / atv is not a music product. I know the iPod touch is about much more than music but it seems a new itv and streaming service would require it's own launch.
post #47 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by techapocalypse View Post

cmon, if Apple TV is $99. with App Store apps like StreamTome and Air video...who WONT buy it?

Hmm.. there are still Apple TV - blind spots on earth. So apple should push licencing in other countries. Still I'm not shure wether a new apple TV concept would seduce me into buying such a gadget. Never was too much in to TV. So my expectations are not all to high. But I am open for surprises.
post #48 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde;

For the once or twice I've run Pandora while using a GPS app (talk about killing battery life!), I could easily get by without the multitasking. I'd rather have my battery life back and not have to recharge my phone in the middle of the day.

I don't know about battery life but I don't know anybody who 'uses' multitasking actively. Most people I know are oblivious to the fact they are running tons of apps in the bg (or keeping state of said apps, to be precise) most people are surprised when I show them how many apps they have 'open'. Multitasking is an example of how lots of loud geeks can create a meaningless fuss. I am not against multitasking but on the iPod or iPhone it is overrated. There should be an option to switch it on / off and the default should be off.
post #49 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Is that like the old Burn the Bra BBQ they used to have...Come one and all, and burn your Android, freeing yourself to use that phone you wanted in the first place (cue the Candied Apple).

eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die?
post #50 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by str1f3 View Post

The Gibson guitar, to me, seems like GarageBand is coming to the iPhone, iPod or iPad (OS 4.0 with multitasking).

Nope 1965 Martin D-35

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #51 of 102
I don't care about anything but the iPad os update! Come on!!!
post #52 of 102
Apple's marketing is nothing if not deliberate and focused. Nothing having to do with something as important as the unveiling of iTV would be publicized with a... guitar. Hello people - MUSIC.
post #53 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by resnyc View Post

Apple's marketing is nothing if not deliberate and focused. Nothing having to do with something as important as the unveiling of iTV would be publicized with a... guitar. Hello people - MUSIC.

guitars? people still use those things?

maybe its the beatles catalog ? oh my god! if only!
NOT. like who cares?
post #54 of 102
Just what I was thinking.....lol
post #55 of 102
Can't belive no one asked earlier, did gizmodo get an invite?
post #56 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

Had the same thought. I bet not.

Now the leaks begin in earnest. I expect that we'll have a pretty good idea what's coming within the next few days.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #57 of 102
They probably moved the date so Apple's news rides over the weekend, to block some of the Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android Tablet) news coming on the 3rd.

Mass media is a large free marketplace for super companies, and Apple knows how to use it to their advantage.
post #58 of 102
Wellllllll doggy... I don't have any guesses as to what it can be " think everyone has pretty much filled the wish box up" ohhh man I just wanna see ... Can't wait :)
post #59 of 102
With a Music emphasis, how come no one has mentioned

iTunes in the cloud?

Also I see Jobs briefly playing to the crowd that said the iPad is not a creation device, but consumption, then he'll introduce iLife for iOS with a killer Garageband App.

the iPad as creation device will then take hold.
post #60 of 102
Quote:

(serious) can you? How? I can only see edit on my posts

edit then advanced then remove all text in both subject and post. Then save changes.

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

post #61 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Only moderators can delete posts. His double-post has been sorted.

My bad. Thanks for setting me straight.

post #62 of 102
Remember last year when there was almost nothing new? Okay, there were cheap video cameras in the Nano. Most of the talk was about what Apple would kill...the Shuffle and the Classic topped everyone's list.

What about this year? I would still like to see the Shuffle go.
post #63 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I like the way the Reuters report on this says "may update iPods"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-...&asset=&ccode=

You don't need to be all that smart, or even all that awake to know they definately will update the iPods.

No, that's speculation! I bet Apple is going to start selling acoustic guitars.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #64 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuberly View Post

And why is that, some people like the shuffle as is or with more storage capacity 6-8GB wouldn't be bad with more battery life.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #65 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmCityWeb View Post

I hope there's mention of the iPad mini or at least the new iPad iOS release date.

I wouldn't hold your breathe
post #66 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I hope they release a more expensive version of the new Apple TV with a decent amount of storage as well as the $99 one, for those of us that already have loads of movies within iTunes and don't want to leave their computers on for the unit to stream from constantly.

You must not have been paying attention to the tech news. The new AppleTV/iTV will be more about streaming media instead of storing on board....
post #67 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowhide View Post

Today Google announced you can call people using gmail addresses.
The ipad will employ email as a way to use Facetime.

I m sure it is just a coincidence

Uhm....What? The iPad employing emails as a way to use Facetime? Did you mount a camera on your iPad or something? The current iPad can NOT do facetime..
post #68 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

No, you are not the only one. User selected apps to multi-task is my solution. But the fanboys won't permit it
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
post #69 of 102
Quote:

Well, I guess it depends on whether they're selling enough to make it worthwhile keeping. Let's face it .... for some people it may be all the Apple product they can afford. I'd rather see them own that than nothing Apple, wouldn't you?
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
post #70 of 102
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

And why is that, some people like the shuffle as is or with more storage capacity 6-8GB wouldn't be bad with more battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Well, I guess it depends on whether they're selling enough to make it worthwhile keeping. Let's face it .... for some people it may be all the Apple product they can afford. I'd rather see them own that than nothing Apple, wouldn't you?

Or maybe some like the iPod Shuffle as it is. Just load your Tunes and go. Small enough to be out of the way for active people.
post #71 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcommander.data View Post

I wonder what are the chances that the Back to School deal will cover the new iPod Touch. The opposite circumstance is that Apple immediately discontinues the 32GB third gen iPod Touch that is the minimum I want with the Back to School deal. I'm not sure if I should wait to find out either way.

That will not happen. Apple has released new iPods at the end of the Back to School promo before and the offer will only apply to previous generations. I will give you the title to my house if that changes this year. The deal will stay exactly the same and the only changes you'll see will come at the very end of next May or early June when it all starts again. Sorry to burst your bubble.
post #72 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I like the way the Reuters report on this says "may update iPods"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-...&asset=&ccode=

You don't need to be all that smart, or even all that awake to know they definately will update the iPods.

There's never a guarantee.

Evidence suggests that they will. I would bet a lot of money that they will.

But they might not.
post #73 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post

There's never a guarantee.

Evidence suggests that they will. I would bet a lot of money that they will.

But they might not.

True, but if they did not update their iPod line, the market would brutalize the stock as it would be a typically expected update.

To put it bluntly, they would have failed to meet shareholder expectations (i.e., introducing new product to remain competitive).

There is a chance that Apple will not introduce new iPods, but it's pretty much a given. The image in the invitation alludes to a music-related event. It's not like Apple issued a plain-text e-mail. They deliberately chose an image to accompany the message.

That in itself sends a strong implication.
post #74 of 102
Quote:

128?? :d

As to the speculation of a 128 gb ipod touch, as iPod capacities grow I find I am less tolerant of having to wait for it to sync the media. I'd rather hold off on 128gb until usb3 arrives.

I will just laugh if the new iPods boast usb3. That would be cool yet would be a not so subtle hint that I need to upgrade my 3 year old Mac. Fat chance, I'm not worried.
post #75 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

No you are not.
You may add my name to the petition.

I like folders. Multitasking, I don't need at all.
One better implementation (IMO) would be for the multitasking (recent apps) bar to only contain apps that are ACTUALLY RUNNING in the background... using CPU/battery.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #76 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

but can they top 'free' bbq? lol

http://www.bigandroidbbq.com/

I can think of someone who can:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Man-fined-for...1/Default.aspx
post #77 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by techapocalypse View Post

Think it will look like an airport express or something you have to look at? It would be very zen to have it be something that already exists, basically, and doesn't even create clutter.
Alternatively, a tiny little thing you can stick to the top of your tv, maybe even power it off the USB port on the back of your tv, would be sweet.
post #78 of 102
Quote:

The way they made their post about it, NO.
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
post #79 of 102
Quote:

Remember last year when there was almost nothing new? Okay, there were cheap video cameras in the Nano. Most of the talk was about what Apple would kill...the Shuffle and the Classic topped everyone's list.

Why? Shuffle is their most affordable Halo effect vector in market.
post #80 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker_kk View Post

Why? Shuffle is their most affordable Halo effect vector in market.

Hmm... IMO I'm not so sure about that. Shuffle seems out of place in a touch and screen world. "Speaks to you" is a nice feature but it doesn't grab us like screens, cameras and touch. I reckon Apple will consolidate to iPhone 4 - like iPod touch and something surprising in iPod nano, and drop the Shuffle.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple sends out invitations for Sept. 1 'special event'