or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple sends out invitations for Sept. 1 'special event'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple sends out invitations for Sept. 1 'special event' - Page 3

post #81 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuberly View Post

What about this year? I would still like to see the Shuffle go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker_kk View Post

Why? Shuffle is their most affordable Halo effect vector in market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Hmm... IMO I'm not so sure about that. Shuffle seems out of place in a touch and screen world. "Speaks to you" is a nice feature but it doesn't grab us like screens, cameras and touch. I reckon Apple will consolidate to iPhone 4 - like iPod touch and something surprising in iPod nano, and drop the Shuffle.

The Shuffle was to be the most basic iPod--no screen. Small and simple and easily carried when running, and with the 2nd G easily clipped onto clothing or cap. 3rd G was simpler yet. I think that there's room for the Shufle in the next line up. Possibly keeping the Classic but with a 256GB drive and the iPod Touch going with 32, 64 128GBs, loosing the 8GB.

Like to see the Shuffle go to 6-8GB with longer battery life--if possible.

Shuffle 1st G
http://www.google.com/product_url?q=...=0CAoQ9gIwADgA

Shuffle 2nd G \
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-shuffle-.../dp/B000EPJL1A

Shuffle 3rd G
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #82 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

The Shuffle was to be the most basic iPod--no screen. Small and simple and easily carried when running, and with the 2nd G easily clipped onto clothing or cap. 3rd G was simpler yet. I think that there's room for the Shufle in the next line up. Possibly keeping the Classic but with a 256GB drive and the iPod Touch going with 32, 64 128GBs, loosing the 8GB.

Like to see the Shuffle go to 6-8GB with longer battery life--if possible.

Shuffle 1st G
http://www.google.com/product_url?q=...=0CAoQ9gIwADgA

Shuffle 2nd G \
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-shuffle-.../dp/B000EPJL1A

Shuffle 3rd G
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

I want a shuffle built into the earphones. That or kill it.
post #83 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

Order of the keynote:
some magic numbers to get started - we have boatloads of cash
iWork/iLife
iPod refresh
iPod touch
iOS 4.0 for iPad

One more thing : iTV

iLife would come after the announcements of ipod etc. Because there should be a new application (rumored) I suspect has to do with creating/managing music, apps and/or files stored on the cloud which might also handle how to share stuff with iTV. This should be the one more thing! Not iTV.
post #84 of 102
If iTV is announced with support for apps, it would be cool if the iPod Touch/iPhone can convert to be a remote/game controller...
post #85 of 102
You are wrong, iPad won't get software update to iOS 4.

That's Gruber's opinion too

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2010/08/25/apple-event

Quote:
As for the iPad, no, I dont think 4.1 is going to be released for it. iOS 4.2, coming late in the calendar year, is a more likely unification release for all iOS devices. Think about it how can Apple release iOS 4.1 for the iPad next week if they havent released a single beta for developers?

Think people think.
post #86 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

I want a shuffle built into the earphones. That or kill it.

Until then no reason to kill the Shuffle
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #87 of 102
So, if Apple does not upgrade a product the way some of you would like, they should just kill it?

There are many people who enjoy the portability of the Shuffle when jogging or exercising. Those who don't like it don't have to buy it. Why even suggest killing it?

Man, some of you guys sure think like you run the Apple joint! LOL!
post #88 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

So, if Apple does not upgrade a product the way some of you would like, they should just kill it?

There are many people who enjoy the portability of the Shuffle when jogging or exercising. Those who don't like it don't have to buy it. Why even suggest killing it?

Man, some of you guys sure think like you run the Apple joint! LOL!

AGREE with you LONG LIVE THE SHUFFLE
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #89 of 102
So it will be $2.99 to buy and own a TV episode and $0.99 to rent?

That's a tough call - There is a good article on this at http://www.ankleskater.com/pagemaker...20100826104700
post #90 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

You are wrong, iPad won't get software update to iOS 4.

That's Gruber's opinion too

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2010/08/25/apple-event



Think people think.

And Gruber takes a hit:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...evelopers.html

Think Gruber think.

Although technically he is right, they haven't released a single beta to developers... they've released 3
post #91 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

And Gruber takes a hit:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...evelopers.html

Think Gruber think.

Although technically he is right, they haven't released a single beta to developers... they've released 3

Think retard think. Better yet, why not just read? He is talking about iOS 4 for the iPad.
post #92 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

Think retard think. Better yet, why not just read? He is talking about iOS 4 for the iPad.

The only retard that needs to think here is the poster of this comment.

You've clearly missed the entire CONTEXT of the post so YOU need to read.

The post was stating that Gruber doesn't think the iPad will be updated to iOS 4.1. It has been widely believed that the iPad will be updated to iOS 4.1 along with the iPhones. Just because a beta doesn't exist doesn't mean it won't happen.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_product.html
post #93 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

The only retard that needs to think here is the poster of this comment.

You've clearly missed the entire CONTEXT of the post so YOU need to read.

The post was stating that Gruber doesn't think the iPad will be updated to iOS 4.1. It has been widely believed that the iPad will be updated to iOS 4.1 along with the iPhones. Just because a beta doesn't exist doesn't mean it won't happen.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_product.html

Actually you are wrong in the context of what Gruber was talking about. There have been zero iOS 4.1 betas that supported the iPad. You suggesting that there are 3 is what is incorrect. Gruber is clearly aware of the 4.1 betas for the iPhone and iPod touch because he discussed some of the features in that very post.

Your opinion that Apple does not need to release an iPad beta before distrubuting it does not affect the basis of his reasoning, and it certainly doesn't make him factually incorrect. I'm not developer, but I'd have to agree with Gruber, Apple will release an iPad beta before releasing 4.x for the iPad. If they didn't, there would be no 4.x optimized iPad apps at launch and who knows what bugs would crop up.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #94 of 102
What I would love to see at the September 'Special Event'

- Recap of the last year for iPods + iTunes
- iPad update for iOS 4, available today
- iTunes Air, bringing iTunes into the cloud
- 99cent TV show rentals, changes to Movie rental terms
- Revamp of entire iPod Line up
- iPod Nano, 2"x2" touch screen, iOS, wifi access to iTunes/app store
- iPod Classic 250GB HDD, new industrial design, larger screen, wifi access to iTunes
- 4th Gen iPod Touch renamed iPod Pro, facetime, and new industrial design.
- iPod TV (not iTV) running iOS, 32 or 64gig flash. An iPod for your TV. iPod TV.

One More Thing...

iLife '11 for Mac. iLife for iPad.
"Impossible is the opposite of possible." -Herbert Hoover
Reply
"Impossible is the opposite of possible." -Herbert Hoover
Reply
post #95 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I hope they release a more expensive version of the new Apple TV with a decent amount of storage as well as the $99 one, for those of us that already have loads of movies within iTunes and don't want to leave their computers on for the unit to stream from constantly.

No reason you couldn't stream all your iTunes from a remote server.
post #96 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Nope 1965 Martin D-35

Martin, yes. 1965 Martin D35, perhaps. The only way to be sure would be to flip it over and see if the back is a two or three piece pattern.

Martin has used this exact inlay pattern on several models over the years. Without the Apple sound hole, of course.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #97 of 102
I have been waiting for this new iPod touch for a looooooooonnnnnggggg time. I never wanted an iPhone because of the required data plan but the iPod touch was always so far behind. I hope the rumors are true because I will order one immediately.
post #98 of 102
im still hoping for a macbook pro 13inch pcu upgrade (intel i3/i5)
post #99 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneding View Post

im still hoping for a macbook pro 13inch pcu upgrade (intel i3/i5)

Well then you're in the wrong fuckin' thread then!

Oh I forgot... Welcome to the forums.
post #100 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Well then you're in the wrong fuckin' thread then!

Oh I forgot... Welcome to the forums.

Explain to me why this is the wrong thread, isnt it possible they announce it the 1st ?
post #101 of 102
It's not possible at this time. This is an iPod related event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneding View Post

Explain to me why this is the wrong thread, isnt it possible they announce it the 1st ?
post #102 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRebs View Post

- Revamp of entire iPod Line up
- iPod Nano, 2"x2" touch screen, iOS, wifi access to iTunes/app store
- iPod Classic 250GB HDD, new industrial design, larger screen, wifi access to iTunes
- 4th Gen iPod Touch renamed iPod Pro, facetime, and new industrial design.
- iPod TV (not iTV) running iOS, 32 or 64gig flash. An iPod for your TV. iPod TV.

The tiny thing is a shuffle. It has the distinctive shuffle slider. Not a nano.
iPod Pro? Really? Absolute nonsense.
iPod TV, huh? Makes the 'Pod' part of the name completely useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclownbush View Post

I have been waiting for this new iPod touch for a looooooooonnnnnggggg time. I never wanted an iPhone because of the required data plan but the iPod touch was always so far behind. I hope the rumors are true because I will order one immediately.

You haven't been waiting for more than a year. "Always so far behind" can only apply to the iPod touch since JUNE when the iPhone 4 came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneding View Post

Explain to me why this is the wrong thread, isnt it possible they announce it the 1st ?

Because it's an iPod event. Apple doesn't care about computers anymore. There's no way you're getting a new laptop from them on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple sends out invitations for Sept. 1 'special event'