or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple preps Yerba Buena Center for Sept. 1 event

Apple preps Yerba Buena Center for Sept. 1 event

post #1 of 74
Ahead of the Sept. 1 media event scheduled for next week, Apple has posted its acoustic guitar graphic outside the Yerb Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.

Apple sent out invitations for its "scheduled event" on Wednesday. The e-mail included an acoustic guitar with a sound hole in the shape of an Apple logo, alluding to the music-themed nature of Apple's annual iPod-centric event.

That same graphic is now posted outside San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, the same location that has hosted the event for years.

Some have even interpreted the music related graphic to potentially signal the kind of announcements Apple will make next week. However, it remains heavily rumored that the company will release a new $99, iOS-based Apple TV.

Apple is also rumored to announce a new iPod touch with a forward-facing camera for FaceTime video chat functionality. Reports have also indicated that the iPod touch will receive a rear camera and flash, as well as the high-resolution Retina Display currently found on the iPhone 4.

Recent rumors and alleged cases have also suggested that Apple will release a redesigned iPod nano with a small, square form factor and a touchscreen display. One analyst said the iPod nano redesign would be a "big departure" from the current hardware.

Photo via Flickr user Maltegoesche.
post #2 of 74
Could be a really exciting event - if no one spoils it!
post #3 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple is also rumored to announce a new iPod touch with a forward-facing camera for FaceTime video chat functionality. Reports have also indicated that the iPod touch will receive a rear camera and flash, as well as the high-resolution Retina Display currently found on the iPhone 4.

Would also like the retinal display, 128 GB storage and longer battery life in the iP Touch.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #4 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Would also like the retinal display, 128 GB storage and longer battery life in the iP Touch.

Hey, why not a price cut while you're at it...
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #5 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

Oh, let me. New iPods are all fine and good, but an iOS4 iTV is about the dumbest idea Steve Jobs has come up with. I still don't see the point of the iPad, which is a ten inch iPhone that can't even make phone calls. Now I'm going to buy this iTV thing and turn my TV set into a 55 inch iPhone?

I guess Steve O is on serious medication for his liver to be coming up with such foolish products. And they continue to turn their backs on their core business with the latest pitiful upgrades to the Mac. This company is rapidly heading for the dumpster.

Microsoft has a hit with Windows 7 and now they are going full guns in the mobile space. So long Apple. We'll miss you. Time to sell Apple and buy Microsoft.
post #6 of 74
I use the ignore list sparingly--you never know when an idiot might have a point. But if they have only controversy in mind, with absolutely no attempt to make sense or add to the discussion...
Blackintosh, you are past due.

NOTE: Unless you think his post is serious, please don't repost for your reply.
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #7 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I use the ignore list sparingly--you never know when an idiot might have a point. But if they have only controversy in mind, with absolutely no attempt to make sense or add to the discussion...

Do you intend to purchase an iTV if it materializes? And what will you do with it? Watch movies in 720P? Play games? With what controller? Run Apps? Like what? Accuweather? Flashlight? Fart and burp apps?

You think an iTV will revolutionize the home TV experience? Will it be magical? Instead of inferring that I am an idiot who is past due, respond to my points. If you can between bites of your bagel with the apple jam on it.
post #8 of 74
Doh! That's it!

They will be announcing the Apple Guitar!

Except in Britain it will be renamed the iGuitar.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
post #9 of 74
I saw an iPhone5 prototype in Vietnam on vacation last week. It had HDMI out specifically for blu-ray. It also had an add-on screen that made the display matte for the matte lovers.
post #10 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Do you intend to purchase an iTV if it materializes? And what will you do with it? Watch movies in 720P? Play games? With what controller? Run Apps? Like what? Accuweather? Flashlight? Fart and burp apps?

You think an iTV will revolutionize the home TV experience? Will it be magical? Instead of inferring that I am an idiot who is past due, respond to my points. If you can between bites of your bagel with the apple jam on it.

In all fairness you didn't make many points yourself. You talked about SJ and his liver. Bashing anyone's health concerns is generally considered bad form and distracts from any valid points you may or may not have made.

I find the Apple TV pretty useful. I record shows on my mac instead of a cable company dvr. From there I have the option of watching those shows on my mac, iPhone, iPad, or TV. Flexibility I wouldn't have so readily with a dvr.

I can also use it to stream music to airport express speakers across my house without having to have a Mac turned on.

The current apple tv isn't everything I want it to be, but I don't think it makes much sense to bash something (the rumored update) before you know what it is or how OTHER people might find it useful.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
post #11 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

In all fairness you didn't make many points yourself.

I am questioning the value of turning my TV set into a iPad. I know I'm not going to score any points with the people on this forum, who have repeatedly stated they prefer to watch TV on a ten inch iPad in their homes because it is magical and intimate.
post #12 of 74
Quote:

I still don't see the point of the iPad, which is a ten inch iPhone that can't even make phone calls.

Apparently millions of people have seen the point, which calls into question whether there should be any credibility given to the rest of your speculations and opinions.

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

post #13 of 74
Does anyone else find the english translation for Yerba Buena funny?
post #14 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

I saw an iPhone5 prototype in Vietnam on vacation last week. It had HDMI out specifically for blu-ray. It also had an add-on screen that made the display matte for the matte lovers.

Prove it.
post #15 of 74
Quote:

I am questioning the value of turning my TV set into a iPad. I know I'm not going to score any points with the people on this forum, who have repeatedly stated they prefer to watch TV on a ten inch iPad in their homes because it is magical and intimate.

I read this forum often and don't recall seeing members post those words. I think those were Apple's PR words. Have members REALLY said that here? I'd be pretty surprised, but if you say so.....
post #16 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibitzer View Post

Apparently millions of people have seen the point, which calls into question whether there should be any credibility given to the rest of your speculations and opinions.

Maybe. And maybe a million people bought this thing and put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Are you in every living room on earth? Spare me the "everyone is doing it so it must be right" argument.
post #17 of 74
"I wonder what it's about?" he said, staring at the 3 story guitar.
post #18 of 74
^^
bb
bb
post #19 of 74
Quote:

Oh, let me. New iPods are all fine and good, but an iOS4 iTV is about the dumbest idea Steve Jobs has come up with. I still don't see the point of the iPad, which is a ten inch iPhone that can't even make phone calls. Now I'm going to buy this iTV thing and turn my TV set into a 55 inch iPhone?

I guess Steve O is on serious medication for his liver to be coming up with such foolish products. And they continue to turn their backs on their core business with the latest pitiful upgrades to the Mac. This company is rapidly heading for the dumpster.

Microsoft has a hit with Windows 7 and now they are going full guns in the mobile space. So long Apple. We'll miss you. Time to sell Apple and buy Microsoft.

Hey, one mans food is another mans poison I guess. I for one LOVE the iPad. I never liked surfing the web on my iPhone or iPod touch while traveling, but didn't always want to lug my MacBook around with me either. The iPad solves this problem beautifully for me. Besides being lighter than a laptop, it is vastly more enjoyable to surf the web on.

Not only that, but as a photographer, it has become an invaluable tool while on the road.

If you can't see the point in the iPad, that's fine....but there are many like me who do. :-)
post #20 of 74
Quote:

You haven't been banned yet? Incredible.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #21 of 74
Quote:

Maybe. And maybe a million people bought this thing and put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Are you in every living room on earth? Spare me the "everyone is doing it so it must be right" argument.

Blackintosh...

Even Steve himself has stated that the iTv is not about to revolutionize ANYTHING. AppleTV as it currently exists is due for an update... this is that update. For SOME users Apple/iTv fills a gap that in the product line. I personally have all of my music and digital video content on a main central server in my house. I stream this music to my High Fi Receiver and other various stereo equipment around the house every day. I prefer a visual based interface for browsing the content. Until the recent Mac Mini update the appleTV was the only product with a built in HDMI output. I prefer to play 99/199 for this and not 599+ so iTv/AppleTv is a very viable and valuable part of my computer setup.

Every living room DOES NOT run like that. If this was the home run that the iphone was iTv would be having its own event, instead of being tagged onto the end of the ipod event.

As for pitiful upgrades... 12 cores isnt enough for you? What would you have them do? The laptops are very functional, the multitouch is great... remember the high end user in less than 10% of apples core business these days. Get used to it. Phones and Pads and Music players make more money for the company..

this iTv update is just that... an update to a placeholder product that fills a nitch gap for SOME users.
post #22 of 74
Quote:

When do you return to school Blackintosh?
Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equpped with 18,000 vaccuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum tubes and perhaps weigh 1.5 tons.
by Popular Mechanics
Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equpped with 18,000 vaccuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum tubes and perhaps weigh 1.5 tons.
by Popular Mechanics
post #23 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSOPStudios View Post

Blackintosh....

As for pitiful upgrades... 12 cores isnt enough for you? What would you have them do? The laptops are very functional, the multitouch is great... remember the high end user in less than 10% of apples core business these days. Get used to it. Phones and Pads and Music players make more money for the company...

Lack of USB 3 and eSATA and Blu Ray are legitimate complaints for high end users. Even MacWorld said so. The latest updates were speed bumps for the most part.

And unfortunately iPhones and iPads are the hip thing right now. I guess there are more idiot teenagers texting while driving than there are content creators and Apple wants to be a contributor to this lunacy.

I'll get used to it but I miss the Apple of old. Don't you? Just a little bit? Come on, you can admit it between mouthfuls. Come on.
post #24 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm49uk View Post

It's actually illegal in some states for schools to start before Labor Day, so check back after then, we'll probably see a lot less of him!
post #25 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm49uk View Post

If that's the only way you can dismiss the truisms I am pointing out, go for it. Yeah, I'm just a silly kid who should be seen and not heard. Have another bite of apple pie Mark.
post #26 of 74
Quote:

Lack of USB 3 and eSATA and Blu Ray are legitimate complaints for high end users. Even MacWorld said so. The latest updates were speed bumps for the most part.

And unfortunately iPhones and iPads are the hip thing right now. I guess there are more idiot teenagers texting while driving than there are content creators and Apple wants to be a contributor to this lunacy.

I'll get used to it but I miss the Apple of old. Don't you? Just a little bit? Come on, you can admit it between mouthfuls. Come on.

Do I Miss running my recording studio and life on OS9?

Hell no.

Do I miss Plastic housed G3s?

Hell No!

Do I miss trying to run Microsoft Word/Excell on the Mac?

Not even a little.

Do I miss my Motorolla Star-Tec cel phone..

lol...

I WILL admit the blu-ray thing is a bummer, but as of now, for me, USB 3 is a whatever.. as is eSATA.

Yes the last refreshes were speed bumps but my Mac Pro is a TRUCK that pays for my house, cars, kids, and life so Im gonna have a hard time finding any fault with it.. unless that power supply blows up or the logic board fails or something like that.
post #27 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

Already spoiled.
A new iPod Nano with touch surface ( 3X3 ) would have sent the press helter-skelter.
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
post #28 of 74
Quote:

If that's the only way you can dismiss the truisms I am pointing out, go for it. Yeah, I'm just a silly kid who should be seen and not heard. Have another bite of apple pie Mark.

No it's not the only way but the least effort.
by Popular Mechanics
by Popular Mechanics
post #29 of 74
Quote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but.

Can't wait for the next version of iLife which has been consistently an incredible suite of software at an incredible price point

The iPad has revolutionise my mum's life, she's never heard of Steve jobs, never owned an apple product but states it's the first computer she's ever owned, abd the only one she'll ever need.

The ipad has revolutionised my social and work life, it truly is magical.

Just because you can't see the purpose of a device that you probably don't own doesn't make it a bad product.

Blackintosh:

You're just as bad as the apple fan bois, you blindly criticise while they blindly praise.

If you hate the products and the company, then maybe this site isn't for you.
post #30 of 74
Quote:

So, today is opposite day?
post #31 of 74
Quote:

Do you have these fantisies often? There's a med for that!
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
post #32 of 74
Quote:

I have an eSata and USB3 ports on my MacPro via pci-e card. I also have a blu-ray burner and works wonderfuly on OSX.

'Lack' can always be overcome with 3rd party hardware.

Though I could complain about not having Bluray playback, a real professional tests it on an actual bluray player on an HDTV(color space is different that on an LCD monitor).

As for the iPad, I'm loving it every single bit. I have an SLR with an EYEFi SD Card and an iPad app called ShutterSnitch. When I'm doing field photography with my clients, I can take shots on my SLR and wirelessly transfers to the iPad for preview with all the metadata like histograms and exposure readings. Also, clients are happy to see the shots on the 9.7 inch screen than on the camera itself. I can pinch to zoom on the imperfections. Though this can be done on my 17" MacBook Pro, but sometimes it gets in the way, you can't hold the laptop.
post #33 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustReelFilms View Post

I have an eSata and USB3 ports on my MacPro via pci-e card. I also have a blu-ray burner and works wonderfuly on OSX.

'Lack' can always be overcome with 3rd party hardware.

Though I could complain about not having Bluray playback, a real professional tests it on an actual bluray player on an HDTV(color space is different that on an LCD monitor).

As for the iPad, I'm loving it every single bit. I have an SLR with an EYEFi SD Card and an iPad app called ShutterSnitch. When I'm doing field photography with my clients, I can take shots on my SLR and wirelessly transfers to the iPad for preview with all the metadata like histograms and exposure readings. Also, clients are happy to see the shots on the 9.7 inch screen than on the camera itself. I can pinch to zoom on the imperfections. Though this can be done on my 17" MacBook Pro, but sometimes it gets in the way, you can't hold the laptop.

Good points. Nice reply.
post #34 of 74
I'm waiting till they create a really good ipod. Enough to go to those ipad and iphone like ads and show them in the real world (no dancing druggies or disbodie hands infront of Kroma Key)
post #35 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

Well, I can only speak for myself, but.

Blackintosh:

You're just as bad as the apple fan bois, you blindly criticise while they blindly praise.

If you hate the products and the company, then maybe this site isn't for you.

Apple will still have issues whether I am here or not. Why do you want me to leave? Can you not tolerate another point of view?

As for the products, I like the Mac and iLife and the current Apple TV a lot. It's this iOS crap that I do not. I put up with it on a phone cause it has to fit in my pocket, but on a tablet or a set top box I say it has no place there.

Try responding to what I say specifically, don't tell me to get out cause you don't like what I say. You have no right to tell anyone to leave here. I am not trolling, I am just stating how I see things.

And you know what? I think deep down you agree with me. Come on, admit it. It will make you feel better.
post #36 of 74
Quote:

post #37 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I agree wholeheartedly with your advice .... except on one small point .... I don't think he's an idiot .... he would have to study for quite a few more years to come up to that level.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
post #38 of 74
Quote:

Yeah, I'm just a silly kid who should be seen and not heard.

This is the only thing you have ever said that has any semblance of accuracy. ....BTW .... Dopey ( you know, Snow White etc.) just called ... he's been trying to reach you .... he wants his brain back.
post #39 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Mature response. Have another slice of pie and go text someone. Preferrably before an open manhole.
post #40 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

This is the only thing you have ever said that has any semblance of accuracy. ....BTW .... Dopey ( you know, Snow White etc.) just called ... he's been trying to reach you .... he wants his brain back.

Just because your leader Lord Jobs is a Disney stockholder doesn't mean Snow White is required viewing to become a apple cult member.

All it takes is a swig of Kool Aid.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple preps Yerba Buena Center for Sept. 1 event