or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple preps Yerba Buena Center for Sept. 1 event

Apple preps Yerba Buena Center for Sept. 1 event - Page 2

post #41 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Mature response. Have another slice of pie and go text someone. Preferrably before an open manhole.

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #42 of 74
Quote:

Oh, let me. New iPods are all fine and good, but an iOS4 iTV is about the dumbest idea Steve Jobs has come up with. I still don't see the point of the iPad, which is a ten inch iPhone that can't even make phone calls. Now I'm going to buy this iTV thing and turn my TV set into a 55 inch iPhone?

I guess Steve O is on serious medication for his liver to be coming up with such foolish products. And they continue to turn their backs on their core business with the latest pitiful upgrades to the Mac. This company is rapidly heading for the dumpster.

Microsoft has a hit with Windows 7 and now they are going full guns in the mobile space. So long Apple. We'll miss you. Time to sell Apple and buy Microsoft.

This is satire, right?
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #43 of 74
Now this is why forums were made....

Just thought I would add my two or three cents...

I do remember the day when Apple would cater to my every need, but that was when they were the underdog and a much smaller product and consumer base. They have evolved just like any other business, to cater to the largest customer base, the mid level users. It just makes sense.

As for the iPhone, iPod, iTV, iOS and everything else, if you look at it there is actaully a reason for everything.
iPhone/iPod Touch - Use while you are on the go and need quick information or to keep in contact.

iPad - all i want to do is browse the internet have a few games at my disposal. I don't need to make calls on it because i am not trying to talk to people with it.

iTV w/ iOS - This would be the next logical step. Do i want to use my iPhone/iPod Touch/i Pad to watch movies, ehh sometimes maybe, would I rather watch it on my large tv, yes sir. Do i want to play music, show my photos watch my own home made videos of course. Will developers want another popular platform that they can develop games and apps for of course. Think of it no more losing board game parts for family game night when you can launch a game of Scrabble on the TV and every one can play.

Do these points work for everyone no, do they work for me yep and I will only buy something because it works for me not because everyone else does it.
post #44 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I use the ignore list sparingly--you never know when an idiot might have a point. But if they have only controversy in mind, with absolutely no attempt to make sense or add to the discussion...
Blackintosh, you are past due.

NOTE: Unless you think his post is serious, please don't repost for your reply.

Blackintosh is likely just the latest tekstud alias. We'll probably be seeing a lot more of him now that his SendMe alias was banned.
post #45 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Blackintosh is likely just the latest tekstud alias. We'll probably be seeing a lot more of him now that his SendMe alias was banned.

He's the first one to go on my ignore list. There's trolling - and then there's this which is just non-sensical gibberish.
post #46 of 74
At the very least, all the discussion about AppleTV made me rethyink my television. I have a 40GB AppleTV, and I like it a lot. I don't watch that much TV, and descided to rethink my cable subscription, and looked at my bill closely. Turns out I can simply dispose of most of the channels they provide. Saved $40/mo on just these rumors of iTV. Even if iTV doesn't appear as predicted, just hearing about it made me save ~$500/yr.
post #47 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

At the very least, all the discussion about AppleTV made me rethyink my television. I have a 40GB AppleTV, and I like it a lot. I don't watch that much TV, and descided to rethink my cable subscription, and looked at my bill closely. Turns out I can simply dispose of most of the channels they provide. Saved $40/mo on just these rumors of iTV. Even if iTV doesn't appear as predicted, just hearing about it made me save ~$500/yr.

Cable is quite the scam. They build arbitrary tiers that make it look like you're getting lots of content when tons of people won't look at 90% of the channels.

A digital cable box gives the providers an option to easily provide ala carte pricing. But they won't do that because they have no real competition.

I'd quit cable if I had another easy way to watch NFL football.
post #48 of 74
Quote:

Quite possibly. Still, out of 44 posts, he wrote 9 and was quoted in 17--including an astounding 9 where people quoted his whole post (or at least multiple paragraphs).

Clearly, we, as a community, need to do better at not taking to the bait... I tried to head this off, but I suspect that I only made things worse. Live and learn.
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
post #49 of 74
Quote:

Apple will still have issues whether I am here or not. Why do you want me to leave? Can you not tolerate another point of view?

I suspect that you actually do have something of value to contribute. It's not so much the content of your comments, but the form. The constant "apple pie" and "Kool Aid" type references instantly mark your postings as immature. A point of view is valued if it is well thought out and supported with factual bases. A little humility also goes a long way too. Making bald assertions couched with insults, then getting upset because no one agrees with you gives the impression that you are juvenile whether you are 15 or 50. If you persist in expressing yourself in this manner, you should expect the reaction you are getting. If you want to be taken seriously, start communicating like a serious person. To blame the reaction you are getting on others reveals a total lack of self awareness.

Or perhaps you just get off on it.
post #50 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

... Or perhaps you just get off on it.

That would be the correct conclusion.
post #51 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Quite possibly. Still, out of 44 posts, he wrote 9 and was quoted in 17--including an astounding 9 where people quoted his whole post (or at least multiple paragraphs).

Clearly, we, as a community, need to do better at not taking to the bait... I tried to head this off, but I suspect that I only made things worse. Live and learn.

I agree, but then I had to reply to one @ #36 and respond at #41. Usually I ignore but many for some reason choose to reply, so I don't add to my troll list--Ignore List. I also decided to change my signature to delete IGNORE TROLLS.
post #52 of 74
Quote:

Quote:

That would be the correct conclusion.

The Cliff Notes version.
post #53 of 74
Quote:

I am not Tekstud. Keep guessing.
post #54 of 74
A quick Google doesn't show much about psychological studies of trolls. I think it would be interesting though.

http://www.cognitionandculture.net/O...mentation.html
post #55 of 74
Quote:

I suspect that you actually do have something of value to contribute. It's not so much the content of your comments, but the form. The constant "apple pie" and "Kool Aid" type references instantly mark your postings as immature. A point of view is valued if it is well thought out and supported with factual bases. A little humility also goes a long way too. Making bald assertions couched with insults, then getting upset because no one agrees with you gives the impression that you are juvenile whether you are 15 or 50. If you persist in expressing yourself in this manner, you should expect the reaction you are getting. If you want to be taken seriously, start communicating like a serious person. To blame the reaction you are getting on others reveals a total lack of self awareness.

The pie and Kool Aid references are quite appropriate for this forum which is incredibly immature. All the iOS threads are populated by little babies near as I can tell. I much prefer to talk about the Mac but that is not done at Apple Insider, which should be renamed iPhone Fanboy insider IMHO.

I get "upset" when I am told to leave by other bigoted fanatics who have no right to tell me anything. And as far as "getting off" on rattling the fanboi cage and listening to the crying, you bet I get off doing it to them. I think the community here is hysterical and I love holding a mirror up to the people here and listening to them cringe in horror at what they see looking back at them.
post #56 of 74
Quote:

Ah, so you admit to being a banned troll. Not that it matters exactly which one. All trolls are, for all important purposes, the same.
post #57 of 74
Quote:

I do wonder what the next incarnation of tekstud will be. He's already had two "rabid Apple fanboi" aliases (SendMe and SpotOn, I think). He'll have to pick something else good or he'll be re-banned too fast.
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

I saw an iPhone5 prototype in Vietnam on vacation last week. It had HDMI out specifically for blu-ray. It also had an add-on screen that made the display matte for the matte lovers.

Think you were in a circus this time instead of a bar?
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
post #59 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Would also like the retinal display, 128 GB storage and longer battery life in the iP Touch.

if this would only be all true... I'm just ready to upgrade my 1st gen iPod touch, since it reached it's storage capacity long time. The cameras etc. are of course nice for all those without an iP4. Facetime everywere.
post #60 of 74
Quote:

The pie and Kool Aid references are quite appropriate for this forum which is incredibly immature. All the iOS threads are populated by little babies near as I can tell. I much prefer to talk about the Mac but that is not done at Apple Insider, which should be renamed iPhone Fanboy insider IMHO.

I get "upset" when I am told to leave by other bigoted fanatics who have no right to tell me anything. And as far as "getting off" on rattling the fanboi cage and listening to the crying, you bet I get off doing it to them. I think the community here is hysterical and I love holding a mirror up to the people here and listening to them cringe in horror at what they see looking back at them.

There've been 57 posts on this thread so far, not counting the original article. Nine of them have been yours in which there's nothing constructive. All you seem interested in is brawling. If enough people hit the exclamation point in any of your messages to complain about you, you can be gone by sundown.

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

post #61 of 74
Quote:

Lack of USB 3 and eSATA and Blu Ray are legitimate complaints for high end users. Even MacWorld said so. The latest updates were speed bumps for the most part.

What else are you going to use all those slots and optical expansion bays for?
That's the beautiful thing about having an expandable machine; you get to pick what goes inside that the manufacturer failed to offer. If they provided *everything* that *anyone* would want, they may as well have produced a new iMac.

Quote:
And unfortunately iPhones and iPads are the hip thing right now. I guess there are more idiot teenagers texting while driving than there are content creators and Apple wants to be a contributor to this lunacy.

Just because you "don't get it" doesn't mean everyone else is an idiot.
Granted, four million iPad sales (assuming they've hit that number by now) is a relative small number compared with the world's population, but that number still suggests that there is *some* market for an iPad-like device.

Therefore, just because a $99 Apple TV unit isn't something *you* want to buy doesn't mean that it won't do okay in the marketplace. To me, the Apple TV has been one of the greatest toys I've brought home. It is amazing how terrible it is to watch commercial TV after watching commercial-free TV shows on my ATV. I, for one, can't imagine why *anyone* would want to do otherwise. However, I'm mature enough to understand that a majority of the world probably doesn't think quite the same way I do, so I don't go trolling for responses in AI forums arguing that Apple is a failure because the world doesn't think the way I do.

Quote:
I'll get used to it but I miss the Apple of old. Don't you? Just a little bit? Come on, you can admit it between mouthfuls. Come on.

I've owned an Apple machine in one form or another since you could buy an Apple II motherboard without the case (my first computer purchase). At the time, when you called Apple for technical support, Mike Markula (the president at the time) answered the phone. I've seen Apple go through a lot of changes over the years. Apple *was* once a different company, but that changed when Woz left. Having gotten nasty letters from Apple's lawyers back in the Apple II days, I can assure you that this myth about Apple and how wonderful it was (or is) really is a myth. They make great products, no doubt (even if you don't want to buy them), other than back in the days when they had 10 or so employees, there never really was an "Apple of old".
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
post #62 of 74
Quote:

Lack of USB 3 and eSATA and Blu Ray are legitimate complaints for high end users.

Intel doesn't have USB3 in their chipset yet. I'm not sure it's wise for Apple to put in a third party controller given the past history of third party USB controllers having compatibility problems. There's a spec, sure, but whatever Intel does will set the standard in the future including quirks and all. Do we want an entire generation of Macs with buggy USB3? This might not be as much of an issue today as it was in the late 90s due to a less Intel-centric world but I think Apple is still conservative about these things based on past experiences.

BluRay? Those things that hookup to your TV? The future of the Mac is no optical at all. It's like being upset that the iPod didn't include a CD player. Better sound quality? Yep. Plastic disks? Yep.
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Does anyone else find the english translation for Yerba Buena funny?

If you'll give me a few minutes to toke, I'm sure I'll find it a lot funnier!

post #64 of 74
Does anyone know if the iPad OS update is coming out too during this event? Any info or speculation would be great. I'm hoping for multitasking with no decreased battery life.
post #65 of 74
Quote:

Oh, let me. New iPods are all fine and good, but an iOS4 iTV is about the dumbest idea Steve Jobs has come up with. I still don't see the point of the iPad, which is a ten inch iPhone that can't even make phone calls. Now I'm going to buy this iTV thing and turn my TV set into a 55 inch iPhone?

I guess Steve O is on serious medication for his liver to be coming up with such foolish products. And they continue to turn their backs on their core business with the latest pitiful upgrades to the Mac. This company is rapidly heading for the dumpster.

Microsoft has a hit with Windows 7 and now they are going full guns in the mobile space. So long Apple. We'll miss you. Time to sell Apple and buy Microsoft.

This is what I love about Apple events, they always bring out the joker to keep us entertained before the serious fun starts.

"Time to sell Apple and buy Microsoft" Bwaaaahhhhh!!! See what i mean? Whoooohooo hahahaha your killing me man, killing me.
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
post #66 of 74
Quote:

I was afraid I was wasting my time, but thank you for at least not leaving things ambiguous. We are done.
post #67 of 74
Quote:

..... incredibly immature. .... babies .......
I get "upset" when I am........ bigoted ......tell me ......getting off....... crying, you bet I get off ...... here...... and I love holding... up to ..... people..... listening to them .........

Edits mine the only part that makes any sense.
post #68 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Cheers,
Randy Hyde

You know that Facebook game where you find out your "porn star name"? I think you can skip that one.
post #69 of 74
Quote:

Fred Phelps?
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Fred Phelps?

Hee-hee. How apt. Yes, in a totally different arena, but yes. If we could do a comparative structural analysis of their two personalities I would not be surprised to find a high level of congruence. One possible difference is that Fred grew into his sociopathology, Blackintosh may grow out of his.
post #71 of 74
Quote:

Maybe. And maybe a million people bought this thing and put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Are you in every living room on earth? Spare me the "everyone is doing it so it must be right" argument.

Of course as people buy £400 machines and put them in a draw? Well perhaps, but in the majority of living rooms... I'm guessing not. As why do these companies make the app's? Because they like making app's? No, that's open sauce. Some people do buy Apple blindly, most don't. Get used to the idea iOS is doing well. Why do you hate it?
post #72 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Gilling View Post

Of course as people buy £400 machines and put them in a draw? Well perhaps, but in the majority of living rooms... I'm guessing not. As why do these companies make the app's? Because they like making app's? No, that's open sauce. Some people do buy Apple blindly, most don't. Get used to the idea iOS is doing well. Why do you hate it?

Pearls before swine, my friend. Save your electrons for those who are actually interested in intelligent discourse. This one isn't.
post #73 of 74
I have $200 ready to be spent for this new iPod touch. FaceTime, camera, video recording, flash and maybe a larger drive is what I am hoping for.
post #74 of 74
Quote:

... Blah, blah, blah, blah.

I think that registering here and posting one diatribe after another is the dumbest idea you've come up with. No one is forcing you to buy anything from Apple. Don't you have anything better to do with your time than come here and bash everything Apple does? It's sad and pathetic.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple preps Yerba Buena Center for Sept. 1 event