or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Strange the lack of leaks before the September event.

Strange the lack of leaks before the September event.

post #1 of 14
We have some of the obvious info but the Mill is silent on a number of issues.

For examole is there a Nano replacement? Or what will be the flash storage capacities.

It is like the key info is missing and all we get is the stuff anybody could guess at.

Apple must be clamped down hard.

Dave
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

For examole is there a Nano replacement?

The tiny thing is a shuffle.

Quote:
Or what will be the flash storage capacities.

Likely double what they are now. JUST like the last five years.

Quote:
It is like the key info is missing and all we get is the stuff anybody could guess at.

What key info? We know the iPod touch 4 gets two cameras and Facetime. We know the new shuffle is radically different. We know the prices are likely to remain the same.

Quote:
Apple must be clamped down hard.

Or none of this matters in any way beyond standard updates.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #3 of 14
Thanks, Buzz Killington.

I agree with the wiz, there is some serious info-control coming out of Cupertino. I'm expecting (hoping for) a serious Apple TV overhaul, something to completely knock our socks off.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Thanks, Buzz Killington.

I agree with the wiz, there is some serious info-control coming out of Cupertino. I'm expecting (hoping for) a serious Apple TV overhaul, something to completely knock our socks off.

Yes, heaven forbid Apple fans have realistic expectations for an event so that they don't become whiny idiots after none of their outlandish ideas don't come true.

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, heaven forbid Apple fans have realistic expectations for an event so that they don't become whiny idiots after none of their outlandish ideas don't come true.

You should have seen Future Hardware 10 years ago.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran441 View Post

You should have seen Future Hardware 10 years ago.

With that sprit in mind, I'm going to make the bold prediction of a G5 Powerbook being launched at the Sept 1 event.

3 ghz FTW!
post #7 of 14
Quote:

Wow, are you in the wrong forums.
post #8 of 14
But we have yet to see solid leaks as to what iTunes will look like for example. The case leaks are interesting but those are only cases and don't detail the internals all that much.
post #9 of 14
Quote:

But we have yet to see solid leaks as to what iTunes will look like for example. The case leaks are interesting but those are only cases and don't detail the internals all that much.

This is true, but in all honesty, do you expect the functionality of the new devices to change that much from what we've already seen? What do you expect that the new iPod will do other than have a new form factor and possibly hold more data? Yes, it will be undoubtedly 'cool', but without a significant change in features, it won't have the same type of buzz as something like the iPhone 4 or a new iMac design (aka, things people are more willing to risk their jobs for).
post #10 of 14
Quote:

But we have yet to see solid leaks as to what iTunes will look like for example.

It'll look like iTunes.

What do you expect to change? Ten years of using the same interface kind of sticks on people.

post #11 of 14
I like iTunes I just wish it was less of a sloth on my MacBook Pro, it is even worse on Windows and that gives Apple a bad image.

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #12 of 14
Quote:

It'll look like iTunes.

What do you expect to change? Ten years of using the same interface kind of sticks on people.

1. 64 bit Cocoa!
2. Bug fixes and better multitasking support.
3. Better navigation and management of the iBooks.
4. The ability to split the iTunes directory across multiple disks. For example one disk for Movies and one for music and books.
5. Faster is always nice.
6. IBooks reader. Actually I'm mixed on this. Apple needs to support an iBook reader on the Mac but iTunes might not be the best place. Preview maybe.
7. Better error reporting. The user should never see raw error codes.

There are others but I'm fading right now.
post #13 of 14
Quote:

1. 64 bit Cocoa!
2. Bug fixes and better multitasking support.
3. Better navigation and management of the iBooks.
4. The ability to split the iTunes directory across multiple disks. For example one disk for Movies and one for music and books.
5. Faster is always nice.
6. IBooks reader. Actually I'm mixed on this. Apple needs to support an iBook reader on the Mac but iTunes might not be the best place. Preview maybe.
7. Better error reporting. The user should never see raw error codes.

There are others but I'm fading right now.

1. Absolutely. This had BETTER be the case when I download it or Steve Jobs himself will be e-mailed.
2. Yep.
3. Eh? I'd just like the ability to arrange on the iPad's "bookcase" from within iTunes itself.
4. Hmm... YES. I concur.
5. 64-bit, Cocoa, and Grand Central would make that happen.
6. Nah.
7. Unless they WANT to...

post #14 of 14
Quote:

7. Unless they WANT to...

Codes would be nice if you had access to a list of definitions but as far as I know that doesn't exists. In the end the I'd rather have a clear indication of what just happened to cause the the abort in the first place.

Oh #8

Fix one of the problems that is causing these messages in the first place. Here I'm talking about the failure to restart the download of a file that has been interrupted. Obviously this is a bug but it is a very frustrating one and deserves its own line number.

Dave
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Strange the lack of leaks before the September event.