or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Ping draws over 1 million users in first 48 hours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ping draws over 1 million users in first 48 hours - Page 4

post #121 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

And where are the "pioneers" now? ... I'm sorry to keep laughing at your posts, DaHarder, but really .... any sentence that contains Zune, marketplace, and on-line music store at the same time surely must be damaging to your credibility ... or what ever is left of it ... and to think ... you keep repeating it, every chance you get.

Originally Posted: November 12, 2007

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gadgets...debut-tuesday/

"Microsoft announced three new Zune models early last month, and the revamped devices are set to hit retailers tomorrow, November 13, along with revamped Zune software, a new social Web site for Zune owners, and the option to buy a "Zune Original" with laser-etched designs and custom text right on the case—and Zune Originals are free, at least for a limited time."

Note: Knowledge Is Power... Recharge Before It's Too Late
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #122 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Oh, it's impressive enough for Apple to give a press release just two days after they introduced it.

So their event the other day is called a "press release" now?
post #123 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

I'd be glad to. You're quote was: "All I said was, 1 million users isn't that impressive when you look at the fact that iTunes has 160 million users". To make it not that impressive one would have to assume that the one million downloads would remain static when, of course, anyone who was trying to be entirely accurate or truthful would know that that's not the case. To put it simply ... you left out the fact that the million downloads took place in 48 hours .... just so you could seemingly "back up " your opinion.

Like I have said, if you look at the raw numbers, then yes, it could seem impressive. 1 million users in 24 hours is high, but the fact that you want to ignore is, as a percentage of iTunes users, it is low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

That's just as untruthful as if I said: One million downloads in 2 days, hell, that means Ping will have over 180 million users in 1 year.

That's a pretty big assumption, there are a number of iTunes users that are not running iTunes 9, let alone going to upgrade to 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

The point is simply this: The omission of truth is the same as lying, IMHO. Does the phrase .... "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" hold any meaning for you?

Isn't that a UK phrase? We don't say that saying in this country, so no, it doesn't really hold any meaning to me.
post #124 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

So their event the other day is called a "press release" now?

Huh? Their event is the event. A press release was given 2 days after the September 1st event. Did I miss something? :scratching head:
Quote:
The Cupertino, Calif., company issued a press release to announce the good news. "One-third of the people who have downloaded iTunes 10 have joined Ping," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of Internet Services. Cue expects the service to continue growing in coming weeks as more people download iTunes 10.

Like I said... about your reading comprehension.
post #125 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Huh? Their event is the event. A press release is given 2 days after the September 1st event. Did I miss something? :scratching head:

I thought you were referring to the event they held, not some press release. I don't sit around waiting on Apple to make an annoucement about something, so I didn't know they make a "press release"

Ok, since it was a press release, press releases are a marketing tool, you use numbers that make you look good, you don't use numbers that make you look bad. For this example, this is why they used the 1 million number, and not 0.6% of our users. Now since you are the big man always going on about comprehension, do you understand this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Like I said... about your reading comprehension.

Nothing wrong with my comprehension, it is just your writing that could be improved.
post #126 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

I thought you were referring to the event they held, not some press release. I don't sit around waiting on Apple to make an annoucement about something, so I didn't know they make a "press release"

No, you don't and you shouldn't. But then again you came to comment on the topic about the press release by Apple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Ok, since it was a press release, press releases are a marketing tool, you use numbers that make you look good, you don't use numbers that make you look bad. For this example, this is why they used the 1 million number, and not 0.6% of our users. Now since you are the big man always going on about comprehension, do you understand this?

You're welcomed to grasp any straw you found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Nothing wrong with my comprehension, it is just your writing that could be improved.

Yes, I know it could be improved.
post #127 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

I thought you were referring to the event they held, not some press release. I don't sit around waiting on Apple to make an annoucement about something, so I didn't know they make a "press release"

The thread is about the press release. It's in the first post. So it seems like you're really going out of your way to disputatious.

Quote:
Ok, since it was a press release, press releases are a marketing tool, you use numbers that make you look good, you don't use numbers that make you look bad. For this example, this is why they used the 1 million number, and not 0.6% of our users. Now since you are the big man always going on about comprehension, do you understand this?

Apple announced that it pulled a million users in 48 hours, which is pretty good for a new service. That's a bone standard move, any business would have done exactly that.

The metric of ".6% of total users" is entirely yours, I guess cause it bugs you that Apple might do well? The idea that Apple, or anyone, would ever couch sales in those terms is absurd. The idea that they only did so for "marketing" reasons because of a "press release" (as opposed to what? Financial reporting where companies strive to find the worst possible context within which to describe their business? Maybe Apple should start reporting iPad sales a percentage of the total population of earth?) is insulting to the intelligence of every person on these boards. So again, it seems like you're really reaching just to have something to be negative about.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #128 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

That's Nice... but I still prefer the ZUNE Marketplace's social networking implementation better at this point, if for no other reason than Apple's iTunes Store model is not well set up to support the kind of true music sharing/socializing system that the ZUNE Marketplace currently utilizes.

That's the beauty of having such a well-implemented subscription service as the ZUNE Pass, something that would severely impact Apple's current - 'you buy'... 'you don't like'... 'Too Bad, We've Already Got Our Money' - iTunes paradigm/scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

It appears that you're unaware that with the Zune Pass the subscriber is afforded 10 songs a month to keep forever (in non-DRM/MP3 format) for their US 14.99 monthly free.

The remaining million + songs are free to use as long as the subscription remains current (effectively reducing the cost of 'all you can download' subscription 256kbs + songs to US 4.99).

Maybe someday Apple will see fit to 'invent' an iPass (or some other Zune Pass competitor) for the iTunes store...

Who Knows

You sir, have utterly missed the point. The Zune and M$ lost the digital music war a long time ago. For all your criticism of the iTunes pay per song approach, it's the most successful digital store in the world--by far.

And no, 10 free songs a month don't "reduce" the subscription cost to $4.99. It's $14.99. Don't play games.

The thing is that you ignore reality. If there was a large demand for a subscription model, that is what Apple would have gone with. They found what most of us already know: On the whole, people want to own their music.
You may think that Zune model is great, but apparently most of the world doesn't.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #129 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Wait!!! You mean I can't play them on my iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Nano, or Shuffle? Or new AppleTV?


With their ultra-limited codec support?

Probably not.
post #130 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

But if the Sonic Youth got in, i may consider.

Sonic Youth is unlikely to yield significant profits for Apple. They will not be invited anytime soon.

Apple customers will get Lady GaGa, Britney Spears et. al. long before they get anything like Sonic Youth or Black Flag or any other high-quality, important, but low-selling artist.

Ya think Willie Dixon will be invited anytime soon? He don't sell shit for Apple.

They will not care about important seminal artists so long as the current pop artists remain in need of promotion.
post #131 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

With their ultra-limited codec support?

Probably not.

It looks like the songs you get to keep are offered in DRM-free MP3, up to 320kbps.
post #132 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

My wife is not the richest woman in the world, but i chose her, go figure why she pick me, understand what i mean?

No. I think that you may be saying that you guys settle for mediocrity, and that you like Apple, but I doubt you intended it that way.
post #133 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector7G View Post

zune has a social network?

Yes. Long before Apple. Try to keep up.
post #134 of 175
There is now no way of listing all artists on Ping, as far as I can tell. previously I had been entering an asterisk (*) to list all the artists. This no longer works.

Apple, apparently, has actively removed wildcard searches for artists, presumably to keep people from listing all artists. Obviously they are ashamed of how few artists are actually there right now.
post #135 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I think it behooves everyone on all sides of this discussion to make sure to at least try to know the facts they put forth rather than just throw them in the ring. Double checking using the internet is a good way to do so, it often only takes a couple minutes to verify many facts.

Thanks. This is exactly what Jeff should be doing in discussions. Please crack the whip on these guys who use conjecture in situations where facts are available.
post #136 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by applebjesus View Post

@ DaHarder, Postulant, and mplaisance



1. Apple iTunes (where most Apple users get songs) can only be accessed on iOS devices.

Not a very promising start. I access iTunes on a Windows box routinely.

What did Jeff say about facts?
post #137 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

How long since it's been out? 3 million downloads and a million people signed on in a couple of days. Damn I'd love to have this kind of failure myself.

Failure for an individual and failure for a multi-billion dollar trans-continental Fortune 50 conglomerate are two different things.

For example, if I earned .0000000000000001% of the money that Apple does, I'd be a huge success, but Apple would be a huge failure if they only took in that amount.

HTH.
post #138 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by applebjesus View Post

The only thing that is decent is the top ten tracks.

Doesn't that imply that the only thing that is decent is access to pop?

I don't often listen to top 10 music, just like I rarely watch any of the top 10 sitcoms on TV or go to see the top 10 screwball comedies in the movie theater.

IMO, the top 10 of anything, ranked by what the unwashed masses enjoy, is rarely of interest. (May exceptions exist, however.)
post #139 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

No, it's not that. Opinions (and choices) are different from facts. There sets of facts that some people from all sides have gotten wrong. What I'm saying is that there are several people here from all sides, I am including DaHarder, and including some of his detractors too, that should all try to get their facts right before forming an opinion about it, or using them in an argument.
.


Thanks again, Jeff. You are a breath of fresh air.
post #140 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing98 View Post

I mean, this is AppleInsider, do you think we CARE what Zune has or does?


Judging solely by the number of posts discussing Zune, it strikes me that many, many posters care very much what Zune has or does.

Otherwise, nobody would be discussing it.

Indifference is not generally displayed by people posting opinions.
post #141 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Judging solely by the number of posts discussing Zune, it strikes me that many, many posters care very much what Zune has or does.

Otherwise, nobody would be discussing it.

Indifference is not generally displayed by people posting opinions.

Look at who is talking?
Didn't you wrote that iOS and Macs are sooo non important (in the iOS and android post)?
post #142 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Doesn't that imply that the only thing that is decent is access to pop?

I don't often listen to top 10 music, just like I rarely watch any of the top 10 sitcoms on TV or go to see the top 10 screwball comedies in the movie theater.

IMO, the top 10 of anything, ranked by what the unwashed masses enjoy, is rarely of interest. (May exceptions exist, however.)

Yeah!

Like Wall Street is so important compared with the real economy?

Itunes sells also improvisation music.
Only the Masses the same that buy Android and Windows like cookies are the same who buy pop music.
So go trash them.
Oh, we are talking itunes here!


If i remember Bob Dylan is a pop (popular) composer, the now classical music was molded on popular/folk music and tales.
post #143 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Failure for an individual and failure for a multi-billion dollar trans-continental Fortune 50 conglomerate are two different things.

For example, if I earned .0000000000000001% of the money that Apple does, I'd be a huge success, but Apple would be a huge failure if they only took in that amount.

HTH.

Apple failure will give you This much pleasure?
Isn't that sick!

Apple is a corporation NOT a singular person.

Why fight apple that is So tiny?
Can Apple really influence the world in any order?

Microsoft in in bed com government all over the world, No one sees Microsoft as a Devil. Apple cannot even influence BBC to use HTML5. And apple is the Devil!

If the Devil is so tiny and powerless why people fear?
Or is it because its tiny!?
post #144 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Failure for an individual and failure for a multi-billion dollar trans-continental Fortune 50 conglomerate are two different things.

For example, if I earned .0000000000000001% of the money that Apple does, I'd be a huge success, but Apple would be a huge failure if they only took in that amount.

HTH.

Doesn't matter. Apparently Apple are happy about it so what is your point again?
post #145 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

Look at who is talking?
Didn't you wrote that iOS and Macs are sooo non important (in the iOS and android post)?

One topic is what is important to forum participants. It is quite obvious that people here care a lot about Android.

Another topic is what brands are important in the global computer business. Different subject matter completely.

And because of that, it is not surprising that different factors are useful to evaluate the situation.

HTH.
post #146 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post


Only the Masses the same that buy Android and Windows like cookies are the same who buy pop music.
So go trash them.
Oh, we are talking itunes here!


The types of electronics that are popular do not affect my opinions of pop music.

They are nothing alike.

I don't begrudge anybody the stuff that they enjoy, but neither do I let popularity affect my decisions.
post #147 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Like I have said, if you look at the raw numbers, then yes, it could seem impressive. 1 million users in 24 hours is high, but the fact that you want to ignore is, as a percentage of iTunes users, it is low.

And the fact that you want to ignore is: It's a 2 day timeframe in a application that, in all likelyhood, will have a life span of years .... which shoots your opinion all to hell ... but then, that's why you ignore it, isn't it. (see ... lying by omission)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

That's a pretty big assumption, there are a number of iTunes users that are not running iTunes 9, let alone going to upgrade to 10.

My post said: That's just as untruthful as if I said: One million downloads in 2 days, hell, that means Ping will have over 180 million users in 1 year. ..... AS IF I SAID is not an assumption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Isn't that a UK phrase? We don't say that saying in this country, so no, it doesn't really hold any meaning to me.

And you're wrong again ... what a surprise! I'll give you the url as well as the text to make it easy for you to understand ... you seem to have a comprehension problem ... at least , I hope that's what it is because, you know what they say ..... the only thing more pathetic than someone who cannot understand is ... someone who won't.


Legally Deposition can be defined as out of court recorded sworn testimony of a witness before the trial and without a judge for discovery purposes, which can also be used in the court. The witness is put under the oath and both lawyers from each party records the questions and answers. Thus, if the witness is not present during the trial, his deposition can be used for testimony. In a way, deposition can be described as discovery purpose (fact-finding) or part of the pre-trial discovery process.
The process of Deposition can be summed up as follows:

The witness sworn in or take an oath to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The deposition can me recorded before any chancellor, justice, or judge of a supreme or superior court, mayor, or chief magistrate of a city, or judge of a county court or court of common pleas of any of the United States, not being of counsel or attorney to either of the parties, or interested in the event of the cause.


http://www.legalwebreview.com/attorn...imony-witness/

You know, if you want me to keep educating you like this, you're going to have start paying me.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #148 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Judging solely by the number of posts discussing Zune, it strikes me that many, many posters care very much what Zune has or does.

Too bad that "many, many posters" aren't aren't enough to lift Zune out of the basement in sales. Maybe it's because, as Craig Ferguson says .... Zune Zucks!
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #149 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Too bad that "many, many posters" aren't aren't enough to lift Zune out of the basement in sales.

Do you understand how few people post here, compared to number of people who buy consumer electronics?

And the statement wasn't that many posters were inclined to buy a Zune, but rather, that many posters were interested in discussing it.

Me, personally, I wouldn't buy a Zune. Or an iPod. But I found many of the other posters comments about the Zune to be quite interesting, especially in regard to the advantages and disadvantages of Zune compared to Apple's stuff.

Maybe I should just ignore more of these types of responses. I really try to just let the nasty ones go, but the ones which respond with nonsense are harder for me.
post #150 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Originally Posted: November 12, 2007

[url]http://www.digitaltrends.com/gadgets/three-new-zunes-to-debut-tuesday/[/url

Note: Knowledge Is Power... Recharge Before It's Too Late

The last paragraph in your 2007 Zune story says:

In comparison to the iPodwhich has sold more than 100 million units since its launch in 2001the Zune has yet to make a dent in the digital music marketplace, with sales of the original 30 GB unit estimated to be near 1.2 milion units. But Microsoft has always said its in the portable media player business for the long haul, and the new Zune models and features may (incrementally) win it some fans.


And while Apple is haulin' ass .... MS is still totin' that heavy load ... tell me, are they out of the basement yet with that whole "new social Web site for Zune owners" thingy yet .... no? ... thought so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[
Note: Knowledge Is Power

So why don't you go and get some .... oh, I forgot your a retired USAF aerospace/structural engineer .... wtf .... I guess they don't make USAF aerospace/structural engineers like they used to.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #151 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

No, you don't and you shouldn't. But then again you came to comment on the topic about the press release by Apple...

No, I commented on an article titled "Ping draws over 1 million users in the first 48 hours", then I commented on some poor user of numbers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

You're welcomed to grasp any straw you found.

I'm not grasping at any straws, maybe you want to move away from the Apple PR machine and think for yourself before commenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Yes, I know it could be improved.

Your writing? Good, we both agree on something.
post #152 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

And the fact that you want to ignore is: It's a 2 day timeframe in a application that, in all likelyhood, will have a life span of years .... which shoots your opinion all to hell ... but then, that's why you ignore it, isn't it. (see ... lying by omission)


I haven't ignored that, I think you will find that several times now I have said if you look at that 1 million figure it looks quite impressive, but again, you seem to ignore this. I understand what you are saying, you are ignoring what I am saying, if you don't want to, or don't have the ability of understanding what I am saying, then stop commenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

And you're wrong again ... what a surprise! I'll give you the url as well as the text to make it easy for you to understand ... you seem to have a comprehension problem ... at least , I hope that's what it is because, you know what they say ..... the only thing more pathetic than someone who cannot understand is ... someone who won't.

Actually, if you do a search on that phrase, you will find it is used in the UK as well. In saying that, I neither live in the USA, or the UK. So as I correctly said, that phrase has no importance to me at all. And that fact you provided me with a US link for a comment I said isn't relevant in the country I live in shows you don't understand things, or don't want to understand things.
post #153 of 175
Deleted
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #154 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

The last paragraph in your 2007 Zune story says:

In comparison to the iPodwhich has sold more than 100 million units since its launch in 2001the Zune has yet to make a dent in the digital music marketplace, with sales of the original 30 GB unit estimated to be near 1.2 milion units. But Microsoft has always said its in the portable media player business for the long haul, and the new Zune models and features may (incrementally) win it some fans.


And while Apple is haulin' ass .... MS is still totin' that heavy load ... tell me, are they out of the basement yet with that whole "new social Web site for Zune owners" thingy yet .... no? ... thought so.

So why don't you go and get some .... oh, I forgot your a retired USAF aerospace/structural engineer .... wtf .... I guess they don't make USAF aerospace/structural engineers like they used to.

Surely you must be in some facet of the Canadian farming industry because your ability to build STRAWMEN (albeit poorly constructed ones) is without peer.

Note: The link was posted in refutation of your asinine claim that ZUNE was not a 'pioneer' in the integration of music media and social networking, as proven by the F A C T that said feature has been an integral part of the Zune ecosystem since 2007, not any ridiculously tired Argumentum Ad Populum/Bandwagon Fallacy based upon some rabid fanaticism.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #155 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Deleted

I saw that. There was no need to delete it.
post #156 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Surely you must be in some facet of the Canadian farming industry because your ability to build STRAWMEN (albeit poorly constructed ones) is without peer

I hope you know more about Canadian farming than you seem to know about the things you post here .... but I'm glad you think I'm without peer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Note: The link was posted in refutation of your asinine claim that ZUNE was not a 'pioneer' in the integration of music media and social networking

Where did I say that?
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #157 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

it think you will that several times now,

it think you will that several times now ..... wtf does this even mean????
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Actually, if you do a search on that phrase, you will find it is used in the UK as well.

So that means that in at least two "developed" countries in the world ... USA and UK ... that phrase has a legal use to define what constitutes the TRUTH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

In saying that, I neither live in the USA, or the UK.

And for that, the citizens of both countries are eternally grateful, I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

So as I correctly said, that phrase has no importance to me at all

Why would telling the truth be of any importance to you anyhow .... mmmm?
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Reply
post #158 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

it think you will that several times now ..... wtf does this even mean????

So that means that in at least two "developed" countries in the world ... USA and UK ... that phrase has a legal use to define what constitutes the TRUTH.

And for that, the citizens of both countries are eternally grateful, I'm sure.

Why would telling the truth be of any importance to you anyhow .... mmmm?

Not to mention the "West Island", oh, Australia.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #159 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

it think you will that several times now ..... wtf does this even mean????

It means that you have lost the argument because all you can do now is pick at a small grammatical error I mean.

I was meant to read "I think you will find that several times now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

So that means that in at least two "developed" countries in the world ... USA and UK ... that phrase has a legal use to define what constitutes the TRUTH.

Again, I said I don't live in, and have never lived in the UK or the USA, so why would a legal saying from those countries mean anything to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

And for that, the citizens of both countries are eternally grateful, I'm sure.

Another sign that you have lost the argument, personal insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Why would telling the truth be of any importance to you anyhow .... mmmm?

I didn't say that, I said the legal phrase you presented doesn't mean anything to me as we don't say that phrase in legal situations here. Do you understand this now?
post #160 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

No, I commented on an article titled "Ping draws over 1 million users in the first 48 hours", then I commented on some poor user of numbers.

Yes, we all know now that you didn't read the topic before commenting, like I suspected from the beginning. Thank you for confirming. Wouldn't want to waste your time to post negative comments, would you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

I'm not grasping at any straws, maybe you want to move away from the Apple PR machine and think for yourself before commenting.

That is really rich coming from someone who don't even understand the topic fully before commenting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Ping draws over 1 million users in first 48 hours