or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod touch represents 38% of iOS devices sold by Apple

iPod touch represents 38% of iOS devices sold by Apple

post #1 of 38
Of the 120 million iOS devices sold by Apple, 37.7 percent of those were the iPod touch -- a share that has decreased since the iPad launched, according to a new analysis.

Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs revealed last week that just over 120 million iOS devices have been shipped since the iPhone first launched in 2007. asymco took those numbers and subtracted the 59.6 million iPhones that were sold through June, and the 3.2 million iPad sales that were announced last quarter.

The site assumed that 8 million iPhones and 4 million iPads were sold in August and July, which would leave the remaining share of 45.2 million units to the iPod touch. Out of the 120 million iOS devices, that would represent 37.7 percent.

The site calculated in April that 41 percent of iOS units sold were the iPod touch, which shows that the introduction of the iPad, along with international expansion of the iPhone, has reduced the overall share of the device. However, the iPod touch in the last year has also become the best-selling iPod in the company's lineup, Jobs revealed last week.

Last week, Jobs also made comments about the success of the iPod touch as a game playing device. He claimed that the hardware has more than a 50 percent market share for portable game players in both the U.S. and worldwide.

"It's become the number one portable game player in the world," Jobs said. "It's amazing. The iPod touch outsells Nintendo and Sony portable game players combined. It's been amazing."

But as noted by Philip Elmer-DeWitt at Fortune, those figures have been called into question. Nintendo has sold 125 million of its Nintendo DS portable system, while Sony's PSP has shipped more than 62 million.

As for more recent sales, it is estimated that Nintendo sold 3.15 million of the DS last quarter, while Sony is said to have sold 1.2 million PSPs. Apple, however, does not reveal specific iPod touch sales, but last quarter the company sold a total of 9.41 million iPods.

Jobs' comments would suggest that of those 9.41 million iPods, Apple sold more than 4.35 million, or the total combined number of Nintendo DS and Sony PSP sales from last quarter. Analyst Gene Munster has estimated that Apple actually sold more than 6.8 million of the iPod touch last quarter.

Of course, iPod touch sales could go even higher after Apple last week introduced the biggest change to its portable media player yet. The new fourth-generation device includes the same Retina Display, A4 processor and gyroscope as the iPhone 4, and also adds a rear camera for picture taking, and a forward-facing camera for FaceTime video calls over Wi-Fi.
post #2 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Of course, iPod touch sales could go even higher after Apple last week introduced the biggest change to its portable media player yet. The new fourth-generation device includes the same Retina Display, A4 processor and gyroscope as the iPhone 4, and also adds a rear camera for picture taking, and a forward-facing camera for FaceTime video calls over Wi-Fi.

The new Touch looks great. But I was very surprised that they kept the old form factor. I expected the new one to look like a skinny iP4.

Anybody else surprised that Apple used the older styling instead of the cool new look?
post #3 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

The new Touch looks great. But I was very surprised that they kept the old form factor. I expected the new one to look like a skinny iP4.

Anybody else surprised that Apple used the older styling instead of the cool new look?

Yes, I was also surprised.
post #4 of 38
Quote:

As much as I like the new look of the iP4, I just think it's not quiet possible to make the new iPod touch so slim and light using the iP4 design. They had to make choices and they went for ultimate slimness.
post #5 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

I prefer the old design but also surprised they keep it considering one of the major advantage of the new design is you can place IP4 (both vertically & horizontally) on tabletop when facetiming.
post #6 of 38
Quote:

Perhaps the iPhone case is more expensive? Since the touch doesn't need the external cell phone antenna, and assuming the iPhone design with the glass front and back is more expensive, then it would make sense to stick with the older design.

But I would have like to see it adopt the new design, especially if it would have meant the touch would be a bit thicker and have room for a real camera instead of the one they put in with this revision (which is lame enough to prevent me from buying one and just wait for the next iteration or for a non-ATT iPhone).
post #7 of 38
I have this feeling that this iPod touch generation will be such a grand hit that Apple will think they've been hit by a high speed train...
post #8 of 38
I hope this means more DS and PSP iOS-ports.

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

post #9 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Of the 120 million iOS devices sold by Apple, 37.7 percent of those were the iPod touch -- a share that has decreased since the iPad launched, according to a new analysis.

Share decreased? What is he trying to say? is this guy smoking something?

If I have a 100% of something, then I introduce a new product, I sell 3, now my share decreases because I have something new, unless I sell 0 of my new product, then my share does not decrease..

Dumb reporting...
post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by procapital View Post

If I have a 100% of something, then I introduce a new product, I sell 3, now my share decreases because I have something new, unless I sell 0 of my new product, then my share does not decrease..

Dumb reporting...

Share is being used to mean percentage, which is fair.

Say I sell 100 iOS devices, of which 30 are Touches. 30% of my iOS sales are Touches. Now I also sell 50 iPads, for 150 iOS devices total. My 30 Touches now represent 20% of total iOS sales, a decreased share.

OK?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #11 of 38
Quote:

Dumb reporting...

...they are looking at all iOS devices and reporting on the apparent shift of iPod Touch purchases to iPads - but yes it is a questionable speculation as you would have to be reasonably assured that all those 80 year-old grandmas buying iPads would have bought iPod Touches instead.
post #12 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Differentiation. I think that's a give-away
Same Apple. Same Mac. Different Take. Different Place. http://Applemacness.com
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewysBlackmore View Post

...they are looking at all iOS devices and reporting on the apparent shift of iPod Touch purchases to iPads - but yes it is a questionable speculation as you would have to be reasonably assured that all those 80 year-old grandmas buying iPads would have bought iPod Touches instead.

Well, no, see above. All you need is some idea of Touch sales as a percentage of total iOS sales prior to the launch of the iPad, then factor in iPad sales and rework your percentages. You don't need to know anything about purchasing plans or possible cannibalization of sales.

You can even assume that Touch sales increased during the the ramp-up of iPad sales, but unless you assume that that increase at least matched those sales you still get a decreasing share for the Touch in the total iOS market, unsurprisingly.
post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

I have this feeling that this iPod touch generation will be such a grand hit that Apple will think they've been hit by a high speed train...

By that time, Apple would be busy in making another device.
post #15 of 38
Quote:

This is an attempt to derail the topic into an argument over form and aesthetics, prefaced by a pretense of liking it, followed by a typical Newtron/Blackintosh jab at the product, in order to elicit other whiners who know better how to design than Apple, followed by the numerous realists who now have to defend the product.

The topic is about sales and numbers. Of course they're not going to put flat glass on the back. This is the mass-market FaceTime device for kids, and it starts at $229. You can drop it on the floor. It's still a work of art, but it's not the family Leica, i.e., the iPhone.

Let's not let "Newtron" hijack another thread.

When FaceTime on the touch kicks in, we are going to see some very big numbers.
post #16 of 38
What I had been hoping was that Apple would separate the Touch a little from the iPhone by bringing out a larger screen. I like the Touch I own from a couple of generations ago. Great for gaming, convenient form factor, handy for quick note taking, etc. But as a browser, well, it's not so great.

Still, I suppose that it's not such a bad scenario still using the Touch as I have been and a few months from now buying a second-gen iPad. The iPad will be handy for browsing when I'm puttering around the house and its portable enough for me to use in some situations where I'm now using the Touch, like when out on visits.

If there is a complaint re the iPad, it's that it's heavy for extended use. That will change in time as Apple engineers progressively more weight out of the product.

Seems to me that if Apple has kept the Touch in its iPhone-like state at the price-point it is slotted in, we're not likely to see a model slide in between the Touch and the iPad. As competition ramps up, I anticipate the iPad coming down somewhat in price in response. As such the gap between the Touch and iPad in pricing is likely to narrow.

There's no incentive for Apple to release a 7" iPad. Looks like other companies right now are going to offer 7" devices costing more than the 9.7" iPad. That works dramatically in Apple's favour, especially if Version 2 of the next iPad is lighter.

I could easily imagine lots of folks owning both a Touch/iPhone along with an iPad. Two devices better for specific scenarios as opposed to a 7" device that is not as good as either at certain scenarios. If a basic Touch plus an iPad checks in at roughly the same price as some other manufacturer's 7" tablet, going with the Apple tandem is a no-brainer. The Touch is so convenient sitting in one's pocket that it would be quite easy to take along both.

By pricing the iPad as aggressively as Apple has, the company has effectively shut the door on the competition. Working in combination with a rather impressive Touch, Apple has a lot of bases covered.
post #17 of 38
Quote:

The design distinction was deliberate. They want to have two distinct hand held lines.
post #18 of 38
Awesome. Always knew that Touches represented a much more significant share of devices then they got media exposure for. 38% is a huge chunk and is no fringe product. Somewhat explains why this recent update was an actual update instead of lackluster crap we got last update cycle.

I feel like the only reason why the % is going down is because the iPad is growing, not because the iPhone is becoming a bigger chunk of the sales. I think the whole idea of having no contract/ no cell radio iPhone was a genius idea and it really helps apple gain new iPhone subs later down the road.
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff View Post

Awesome. Always knew that Touches represented a much more significant share of devices then they got media exposure for. 38% is a huge chunk and is no fringe product. Somewhat explains why this recent update was an actual update instead of lackluster crap we got last update cycle.

I feel like the only reason why the % is going down is because the iPad is growing, not because the iPhone is becoming a bigger chunk of the sales. I think the whole idea of having no contract/ no cell radio iPhone was a genius idea and it really helps apple gain new iPhone subs later down the road.

yeah. I think that the iPod touches prior to the launch of the iPad must have been 50% of the iOS device market.

Let people counting iPhones against Android phones in terms of OS share take note. Android phones need to more than double the iPhone sales per quarter to keep pace with iPods, iPhones and iPads.

( And Apple. WOuldnt do any harm to breakout these figures).
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #20 of 38
Quote:

He's saying that prior to the introduction of the iPad, the iTouch had a larger piece of the pie at Apple. As of now, the Touch's market share in the iOS market has decreased.
post #21 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

This is an attempt to derail the topic into an argument over form and aesthetics, prefaced by a pretense of liking it, followed by a typical Newtron/Blackintosh jab at the product, in order to elicit other whiners who know better how to design than Apple, followed by the numerous realists who now have to defend the product.

The topic is about sales and numbers. Of course they're not going to put flat glass on the back. This is the mass-market FaceTime device for kids, and it starts at $229. You can drop it on the floor. It's still a work of art, but it's not the family Leica, i.e., the iPhone.

Let's not let "Newtron" hijack another thread.

When FaceTime on the touch kicks in, we are going to see some very big numbers.

<Plonk>
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

The design distinction was deliberate. They want to have two distinct hand held lines.

Why do they want two distinct brands now when in the past they made the Touch look like a skinny iPhone? What changed?
post #23 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Android phones need to more than double the iPhone sales per quarter to keep pace with iPods, iPhones and iPads.

Why would you compare phone sales to MP3 player sales?
post #24 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker_kk View Post

Differentiation. I think that's a give-away

HUH ?? i love the new hobbit like 4 T- eye-touch..

but what happened form factor higher storage stuff steve promised us ???

the crippled nano
the frozen 160g classic
the idiot proof shuffle .

the damn whole in the pod loine up is HUGE !!!!!!!!

NANO PHONE TIME ???

yea right

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #25 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

What I had been hoping was that Apple would separate the Touch a little from the iPhone by bringing out a larger screen. I like the Touch I own from a couple of generations ago. Great for gaming, convenient form factor, handy for quick note taking, etc. But as a browser, well, it's not so great.

Still, I suppose that it's not such a bad scenario still using the Touch as I have been and a few months from now buying a second-gen iPad. The iPad will be handy for browsing when I'm puttering around the house and its portable enough for me to use in some situations where I'm now using the Touch, like when out on visits.

If there is a complaint re the iPad, it's that it's heavy for extended use. That will change in time as Apple engineers progressively more weight out of the product.

Seems to me that if Apple has kept the Touch in its iPhone-like state at the price-point it is slotted in, we're not likely to see a model slide in between the Touch and the iPad. As competition ramps up, I anticipate the iPad coming down somewhat in price in response. As such the gap between the Touch and iPad in pricing is likely to narrow.

There's no incentive for Apple to release a 7" iPad. Looks like other companies right now are going to offer 7" devices costing more than the 9.7" iPad. That works dramatically in Apple's favour, especially if Version 2 of the next iPad is lighter.

I could easily imagine lots of folks owning both a Touch/iPhone along with an iPad. Two devices better for specific scenarios as opposed to a 7" device that is not as good as either at certain scenarios. If a basic Touch plus an iPad checks in at roughly the same price as some other manufacturer's 7" tablet, going with the Apple tandem is a no-brainer. The Touch is so convenient sitting in one's pocket that it would be quite easy to take along both.

By pricing the iPad as aggressively as Apple has, the company has effectively shut the door on the competition. Working in combination with a rather impressive Touch, Apple has a lot of bases covered.

dude i hear you!!!!!!!!!
i wish you worked for apple full time dude

great post as usual

peace dude

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #26 of 38
Quote:

Why would you compare phone sales to MP3 player sales?

Neither are just Mp3 players or Phones. They are computer devices with phone and mp3 player functionality. In fact the iPhone has all the capabilities of the iPod touch and telephony, so you may as well call it a MP3 player. In fact Jobs introduced it as such at launch ( it also preceded the touch of course). As well as a internet surfing device. It is also a handheld computer.

When people compare Android sales to iPhone sales they are comparing an OS sold across different machines to a phone; a platform to a phone. In terms of market reach that is not really what we care about. A games developer who is developing for the touch is also developing for the iPhone.

Comparing Android - the platform - with iPhone - the phone - is misleading. Android sales - all confined to phones for now - need to be compared to iOS sales, including iPod touches. Given the strength of the iPod touch market, anything else is misleading.
post #27 of 38
Quote:

I was somewhat surprised, but given the production troubles they are having with iPhone4, it makes sense. I was *definitely* surprised by the Retina Display, because I thought that was the problem with making enough iPhone4s. Looks like it has to do with the glass engineering or something like that...?
post #28 of 38
Quote:

Why do they want two distinct brands now when in the past they made the Touch look like a skinny iPhone? What changed?

I think the differentiation is a by-product of "the fiasco" with iPhone4 production. Especially with Papermaster and how he may-or-may-not have helped.

With iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4 being different, it helps their ramp up of production of the models. Interestingly, as I mention, there appears to be enough of the Retina Display to go around.

At the end of the day, if you live in the US or UK, you perhaps find it hard to imagine, outside of the few launch countries, how crazy people *around the world are* about iPhone, iPad and new iPod touch. I'd wager Apple could do 20 million iOS devices a MONTH, if they had the infrastructure (manufacturing + support + operations + distributors etc) to do so. I think Apple will sell, in 2010, more iOS devices than they previously had in total before 2010.
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I think the differentiation is a by-product of "the fiasco" with iPhone4 production. Especially with Papermaster and how he may-or-may-not have helped.

With iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4 being different, it helps their ramp up of production of the models. Interestingly, as I mention, there appears to be enough of the Retina Display to go around.

At the end of the day, if you live in the US or UK, you perhaps find it hard to imagine, outside of the few launch countries, how crazy people *around the world are* about iPhone, iPad and new iPod touch. I'd wager Apple could do 20 million iOS devices a MONTH, if they had the infrastructure (manufacturing + support + operations + distributors etc) to do so. I think Apple will sell, in 2010, more iOS devices than they previously had in total before 2010.

Even in the UK, it is at 60+%.

Only in the US is Apple second dog in the modern smart phone war, and I have to feel that is something to do with AT&T.
post #30 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

dude i hear you!!!!!!!!!
i wish you worked for apple full time dude

great post as usual

peace dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

HUH ?? i love the new hobbit like 4 T- eye-touch..

but what happened form factor higher storage stuff steve promised us ???

the crippled nano
the frozen 160g classic
the idiot proof shuffle .

the damn whole in the pod loine up is HUGE !!!!!!!!

NANO PHONE TIME ???

yea right

WOW brucep it *almost*, *almost* sounded like you were actually being critical of Apple... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

The line up, along with AppleTV is pretty tight, going into 2011. iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch, AppleTV, Macs. iPhone 5 in 2011. It's all about manufacturing and maintaining quality of product, services and support right now. Target: 20 million iOS devices a month. Next up though, iPad version 2 with FaceTime and other thingys. Capacity increases only next year, I think. Apple right now is making some nice profits off the huge prepayments they made for all that Flash memory in bulk... Imagine, they knew back then the iPad would be flash-memory based.

Bring on October to November, Apple's best quarter ever, yet again.
post #31 of 38
Quote:

...Only in the US is Apple second dog in the modern smart phone war, and I have to feel that is something to do with AT&T.

Possibly, but it looks like even in the US, we're now into 3 months or so since launch, and the iPhone4 is still showing 3 week shipping time online, and no white iPhone4 at all... All this even with the ball-and-chain that is AT&T. I don't know, maybe Apple online store and Apple physical Stores are different from AT&T iPhone4 availability. Apple is just one company, it will be tough to face so many other competitors and their Android phones... Apple has to decide on their manufacturing capacity, how fast and if and when and how they are going to really start delivering tons of iOS units into the hands of demanding customers.

Partly I hope this doesn't result in terrible (more so than usual?) working conditions in China.

BTW how come we don't hear, among this, all the terrible working conditions in China brought about by all the Android phones....?
post #32 of 38
Quote:

Possibly, but it looks like even in the US, we're now into 3 months or so since launch, and the iPhone4 is still showing 3 week shipping time online, and no white iPhone4 at all... All this even with the ball-and-chain that is AT&T. I don't know, maybe Apple online store and Apple physical Stores are different from AT&T iPhone4 availability. Apple is just one company, it will be tough to face so many other competitors and their Android phones... Apple has to decide on their manufacturing capacity, how fast and if and when and how they are going to really start delivering tons of iOS units into the hands of demanding customers.

Partly I hope this doesn't result in terrible (more so than usual?) working conditions in China.

BTW how come we don't hear, among this, all the terrible working conditions in China brought about by all the Android phones....?

Dunno. Remember that the Chinese are seeing their wages increase substantially more than the West because of out-sourcing.

But the outsourcing is good for Apple. Supply constraints would have been more pronounced in the 80's when Apple manufactured it's own stuff, now nobody does. The business model is totally different.
post #33 of 38
Quote:

The line up, along with AppleTV is pretty tight, going into 2011. iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch, AppleTV, Macs. iPhone 5 in 2011. It's all about manufacturing and maintaining quality of product, services and support right now. Target: 20 million iOS devices a month. Next up though, iPad version 2 with FaceTime and other thingys. Capacity increases only next year, I think. Apple right now is making some nice profits off the huge prepayments they made for all that Flash memory in bulk... Imagine, they knew back then the iPad would be flash-memory based.

Bring on October to November, Apple's best quarter ever, yet again.

I don't agree that the iPad Version 2 that we'll get early next year will involve mainly adding a couple of features and upping memory. Apple has been successful with the iPod line because they have kept on upping the ante. Jobs made a reference to that in his recent presentation.

Being as the iPad has been an amazing success, competitors are scrambling to get in on the action. As such, Apple can't be complacent. If there is room for improvement, they have to be all over it, especially the first few years when the tablet category will be defined.

I see room for higher screen resolution, less weight, more processing power, better battery life, more memory. I don't think Apple will mess with the basic formula, i.e. a device sporting a screen roughly in the 10-inch range. But there's no reason for Apple to bring out a revision with insignificant upgrades. Apple wants to serve up a moving target for the competition to contend with. Always a step or two ahead. Never caught. Certainly never giving any competitor the chance to be more highly regarded.

It seems to me that it's as if Apple let competitors make fools of themselves, disappointing customers with rather flawed netbooks and now has stepped in to show us all how it should be done. Certainly one gets the impression that the competition simply hasn't figured out one of the key elements of Apple's success, namely customer satisfaction after purchasing an Apple product. It isn't enough to entice consumers to buy one of your products. To be successful, you have to ensure that once they have, they're glad they did.
post #34 of 38
Quote:

"Apples iPhone was the fourth most popular smartphone platform by worldwide sales in the second quarter, according to the latest data from Gartner"

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...rtphone-sales/

Nokia doesnt matter. What matters is the "modern" smart phone, the iPhone and it's clones, the smart phone i am talking about has a large app market. This matters as I am a developer.
post #35 of 38
Quote:

The iTouch is primarily a PMP.

The iPhone is a smartphone. Every Android device currently on the market is a smartphone.

You are welcome to identify this stuff using any strings of letters that you wish. But those who use words as they are typically used might demure.

Apples and oranges are both fruit, but they are generally cited as different in kind. You can combine them with Big Macs and call them all nutrition if that adds clarity, but in general, that sort of thing reduces clarity.

Yawn.

Unless someone wants to use the telephony stack , or GPS rather than triangulation, producing for the iPhone and the iPod touch is exactly the same. Same code. Same resources. Same everything. Same app store. Same distribution channel. Same company which distributes the apps. Same percentage taken by that company. So a game would have the same code and resources.

So the iOS in total is the platform. Android is a platform. The iPhone is a device which is one of the devices running the iPhone platform.
post #36 of 38
Quote:

Oh. The "modern" smartphone. Please excuse me for not really knowing WTF you mean by that adjective. Seemingly, Nokia smartphones are not "modern".

Tell ya what - look at the N8 and get back to us.

Lol. Let me explain. I am a mobile developer.

Modern means a modern OS - not Symbian. I dont care about the telephony. I produce applications. The SDK matters. The OS matters.

The competitors in this field are the iPhone and Android. Nokia is an after- thought. Which is why their stock is collapsing even as they keep their head above water in terms of sales.
post #37 of 38
Quote:

Even in the UK, it is at 60+%.

Only in the US is Apple second dog in the modern smart phone war, and I have to feel that is something to do with AT&T.

According to: http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_br...908-201008-bar

iPhone is #1 in North American mobile browsers and iPod Touch is #3 with Blackberry at #2. (aug 09-aug 10)

My bad ... it looks like the time frame is 1 day, not 1 year .... time to wipe off my glasses.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
post #38 of 38
Quote:

The iTouch is primarily a PMP.
The iPhone is a smartphone. Every Android device currently on the market is a smartphone.

Not really; there are already several Android PMP out there:

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/ar...try=gb&lang=en

http://pulse.philips.com/blog/2010/0...id-mp4-player/

Whether it's useful to include the PMP into the iOS or Android discussion depends on the context of what is being discussed. But certainly for overall comparison all devices should be considered.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod touch represents 38% of iOS devices sold by Apple