or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The What's Going To Happen Next Thread?

The What's Going To Happen Next Thread? - Page 2

post #41 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The problems that they are having financially are a direct result of half-hearted union.

So the only way for the EU to ensure success is to fail collectively. Got it.
A is A
A is A
post #42 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Because the only way that the European Union will work is if becomes a single country, with a single budget and national government, and the Germans and French won't be willing to accept that. The problems that they are having financially are a direct result of half-hearted union.

And yet many anti-Europe Right-wing people argue that the Germans and French are the prime movers of the European project and the actual purpose is to make one State...

Of course both views are wrong and the Euro is merely suffering from the world recession just as every other currency is.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #43 of 80
Krugman is able to say what I mean more eloquently that I can:

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/20...the-euro-trap/

Four possible futures:

- single European country
- France and Germany leave, everybody else stays
- France and Germany stay, everybody else leaves
- everybody leaves

I think that the problems in Europe are only starting, and they will result in the breakup of the EU.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #44 of 80
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c20be1b0-c...44feab49a.html

You have to register to see it, The trillion dollar fund that the EU and the US put together to push up European bond prices has to be running out very quickly. They have Ireland, Greece, Portugal, and Spain to save, and that is only the start.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #45 of 80
WIshful thinking in full flight is an awesome and terrible thing...
post #46 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Tea Party favorites win GOP primaries in Delaware, New York

Vilifying the Tea Party Movement has really payed off for the Democrats. They think 2010 is in the bag. Instead of learning from their mistakes, they'll turn up the rhetoric even more and will be confused by the results. It's like they're punching themselves in the face and complaining about how much it hurts, so their answer is to use a bat instead (can't improve upon trumpt's apt analogy).

Obama Aides Weigh Bid to Tie the G.O.P. to the Tea Party

So predictable.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #47 of 80
They ARE running as Republicans...

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #48 of 80
I know it's a really long shot but I predict an anti-masturbation Tea Party candidate will win the nomination for the repubs and days later will be shown on tape saying she had sex with numerous witches on satanic alters, will cancel all her first major TV appearances and carry on like no one noticed.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #49 of 80
I predict that the left will obsess over stupid little shit that happened a long time ago and pretend that this is important issues-oriented politics.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #50 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I predict that the left will obsess over stupid little shit that happened a long time ago and pretend that this is important issues-oriented politics.

Well, you see, that kind of stuff is extremely important when it comes to O'Donnel, but somehow irrelevant when it comes to Obama.

post #51 of 80
Quote:

Well, you see, that kind of stuff is extremely important when it comes to O'Donnel, but somehow irrelevant when it comes to Obama.

Obama's birth certificate = stupid bullshit.
O'Donnell may have gone on a date with someone who practiced witch craft = totally relevant and important!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #52 of 80
Quote:

Given the hollier than thou attitude from her she should have at least explained on the shows she was invited to, what possesed her to dance with the devil!!!
post #53 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Given the hollier than thou attitude from her

What "hollier [sic] than thou attitude" is this you speak of? Please be specific. Thanks.

Quote:

she should have at least explained on the shows she was invited to, what possesed her to dance with the devil!!!

Perhaps. But this was over a decade ago about things she did more than 2 decades ago (high school) when she was an idiot like almost everyone during their teen years.

post #54 of 80
Quote:

I don't hold anything I've read about that earlier recording against her, unlike the Obama Birthers views on Obama. Maybe she got muddled as to what the meaning of the so called "satanic alter" was, so she could have at least tried to set that right.
post #55 of 80
Quote:

What "hollier [sic] than thou attitude" is this you speak of? Please be specific. Thanks.

Perhaps. But this was over a decade ago about things she did more than 2 decades ago (high school) when she was an idiot like almost everyone during their teen years.

So she lies. MJ1970 why are you so keen to defend that?
post #56 of 80
Quote:

So she lies. MJ1970 why are you so keen to defend that?

I never condone lying and don't believe I'm defending lying. Now you'll have to explain to me how my post indicated or suggested she is lying? I'm missing this.

post #57 of 80
Quote:

I never condone lying and don't believe I'm defending lying. Now you'll have to explain to me how my post indicated or suggested she is lying? I'm missing this.

Please tell me you don't believe her "I'm exhausted" and there's a little church gathering I have to cancel both major networks weekly shows for.
post #58 of 80
Quote:

Please tell me you don't believe her "I'm exhausted" and there's a little church gathering I have to cancel both major networks weekly shows for.

Yeah, so I was talking about the witch and satanism thing. Not sure what you're talking about.

post #59 of 80
Quote:

Yeah, so I was talking about the witch and satanism thing. Not sure what you're talking about.

It's right there in the sentence you quoted. How could you be unsure?
post #60 of 80
Quote:

Coming from number 1 PR whore. 22 times on Politically incorrect!

I never lie.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #61 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

It's right there in the sentence you quoted. How could you be unsure?

Read the sequence of posts and my comment will make more sense.

post #62 of 80
Quote:

So you have no opinion?
post #63 of 80
Quote:

So you have no opinion?

About what? I was talking about the witch/satan thing. You suddenly shifted gears. About the canceling show appearances? I didn't hear anything about that until you mentioned it. I don't follow her as closely as you seem to. I don't have enough information on that particular item to have formed an opinion. Nor do I really care. But I know you (and others on the left) care deeply, so...

post #64 of 80
Quote:

Read the sequence of posts and my comment will make more sense.

I did. There was a quote in your comment. You said, in the present tense, that you didn't know what he was talking about, as you were quoting exactly what he meant. Had you used the past tense, your comment would have made a little more sense.
post #65 of 80
MJ "doesn't care" about any issue that might go against his points of conjecture.
post #66 of 80
Quote:

I did. There was a quote in your comment. You said, in the present tense, that you didn't know what he was talking about, as you were quoting exactly what he meant. Had you used the past tense, your comment would have made a little more sense.

Thanks. I'll remember the grammar lesson.

post #67 of 80
Quote:

MJ "doesn't care" about any issue that might go against his points of conjecture.

First, doesn't care doesn't belong in quotes. Second, what am I conjecturing about? I see Hands Sandon conjecturing about someone lying. What exactly am I conjecturing about?

post #68 of 80
Quote:

First, doesn't care doesn't belong in quotes. Second, what am I conjecturing about? I see Hands Sandon conjecturing about someone lying. What exactly am I conjecturing about?

I used quotes deliberately, because it's obvious that for you that phrase is more complex than you're making out.

Second, "conjecturing" is not a word any more than "refudiate" is.

Third, the conjecture you believe is that O'Donnell is being criticized without cause. We're showing cause, and to that you respond that you "don't care".

Get it?
post #69 of 80
Quote:

I used quotes deliberately, because it's obvious that for you that phrase is more complex than you're making out.

Uh huh.

Quote:

Second, "conjecturing" is not a word any more than "refudiate" is.

Wrong.

Quote:

Third, the conjecture you believe is that O'Donnell is being criticized without cause.

No. It's that she's being criticized for stupid shit. I'm sure there are many worthwhile things to criticize her for, but everyone's hung up on masturbation, the lack of knowledge about Wicca and Satanism and, in your case, using crude and piggish humor to disparage her.

Quote:

We're showing cause

No you're not. Your repeating the same inconsequential BS.

post #70 of 80
Quote:

Wrong.

I stand corrected. Thanks. Not sure I like the usage as a verb (or a countable noun, for that matter), but perhaps it's something I can get used to.
post #71 of 80
Quote:

About what? I was talking about the witch/satan thing. You suddenly shifted gears. About the canceling show appearances? I didn't hear anything about that until you mentioned it. I don't follow her as closely as you seem to. I don't have enough information on that particular item to have formed an opinion. Nor do I really care. But I know you (and others on the left) care deeply, so...

If you don't care that she may have lied then why do you say you care about honesty?
post #72 of 80
Quote:

No you're not. Your repeating the same inconsequential BS.

Inconsequential to someone who is willfully ignorant as to its consequence.
post #73 of 80
Quote:

No. It's that she's being criticized for stupid shit. I'm sure there are many worthwhile things to criticize her for, but everyone's hung up on masturbation, the lack of knowledge about Wicca and Satanism and, in your case, using crude and piggish humor to disparage her.

If you can't get the "stupid shit" right, then how the hell can you be expected to get anything else right?
post #74 of 80
Quote:

Inconsequential to someone who is willfully ignorant as to its consequence.

Not willfully ignorant of it. It just hasn't been shown to my satisfaction. This is all inconsequential BS and I think you know it. But won't admit it. You have too much invested in this being important.

post #75 of 80
Quote:

If you can't get the "stupid shit" right, then how the hell can you be expected to get anything else right?

Like how many states there are in the union?

post #76 of 80
Quote:

Like how many states there are in the union?

So you "care" about that one. Interesting.

And an asinine ideological position on masturbation and a misstatement are like exactly the same thing, you betcha!
post #77 of 80
Quote:

So you "care" about that one. Interesting.

No. Just interesting to note that you seem to care about one but not the other.

Quote:

And an asinine ideological position on masturbation

Thanks for giving your opinion about her opinions.

post #78 of 80
Quote:

No. Just interesting to note that you seem to care about one but not the other.

Thanks for giving your opinion about her opinions.

You're welcome. I'm secure enough in my opinions to voice them.
post #79 of 80
Quote:

You're welcome. I'm secure enough in my opinions to voice them.

Good.

post #80 of 80
Quote:

I stand corrected. Thanks. Not sure I like the usage as a verb (or a countable noun, for that matter), but perhaps it's something I can get used to.

Wait, are you telling me that when presented with evidence that runs contrary to your viewpoint, you consider said new evidence and sometimes change your opinion? You don't just reject it outright and call the bearer of the contradictory news some derogatory word?

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The What's Going To Happen Next Thread?