or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Amazon mocks iPad's glossy screen in new Kindle ad

Amazon mocks iPad's glossy screen in new Kindle ad - Page 4

post #121 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by moustache;1714331
My iPad is [B

not limited[/B] to any video formats if I have a wifi at home, or able to access my server from outside.

Ok. So, to watch videos, it is limited to WiFi hotspots instead. Even worse.
post #122 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Apple will be busy selling $5+ Million per month.

Actually the back of an ipad is silver. In the commercial it's black. Doubt it's an ipad at all!!!
Blessings!!!!
post #123 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

Yup, if you want to read outside, the Kindle is the way to go. If you want to:

1. listen to music
2. play games
3. watch video
4. read anywhere other than outside
5. or use any one of thousands of apps...

then the iPad is the way to go.

Life is full of tradeoffs.

I just picked one post, more or less at random, to reply to.

I can't quite tell if this one is trying to be sarcastic, or whether to take it at face value.

It's quite simple. The Kindle weighs about a third as much as the iPad, and costs around a third as well. It's also much better for reading (indoors as well as out). The Kindle is what you call "specialized".

But, as pointed out, the iPad is better for a lot of other things.

So why the Kindle-bashing (or indeed iPad-bashing)?

I can understand Amazon wanting (needing?) to do an add like this, because there's obviously a whole bunch of dimwits(*) who'd get an iPad INSTEAD of a Kindle — perhaps even intending to try and read on it at the beach.

If you really want to read on an electronic device — get both. The iPad is not an ideal reader.

I have an iPad (and iPhone and MacBook Pro and Mac Pro etc etc) and might get a Kindle soon - just because the display is so nice.

(*) dimwit, noun: anyone who disagrees with me
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Amazon mocks iPad's glossy screen in new Kindle ad