or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Lost

Lost

post #1 of 9
People keep telling me to watch it...I have resisted so far but looks like I might have to give it a go.

Should I? Will I regret it? What's it comparable to and will I get hopelessly hooked...does it live up to the hype?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 9
I enjoyed it immensely. If you feel like the end needs to be wrapped up neatly with all questions answered, skip it. I think it was artfully done and was not disappointed.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I enjoyed it immensely. If you feel like the end needs to be wrapped up neatly with all questions answered, skip it. I think it was artfully done and was not disappointed.

Sounds good...I'm quite into ambiguity. Apparently it raises philosophical issues in some way and references the work of Flann O'Brien?? Who I love, well, his books anyway .... I heard the 'key' to the series is related to his work which would be great in some way.

I get the impression (I mean I hope!!) it is like the Prisoner which is one of my all time faves...

Might have to take a chance and check it out....
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

People keep telling me to watch it...I have resisted so far but looks like I might have to give it a go.

Should I? Will I regret it? What's it comparable to and will I get hopelessly hooked...does it live up to the hype?

It was an amazing and phenomenal ride. Seasons 2 and 3 are a little slow, though, as the writers weren't sure how long the studio was going to make them draw it out, so there's a lot of filler.

Watch it. You won't regret it.

Then watch Battlestar. Then watch Firefly.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

It was an amazing and phenomenal ride. Seasons 2 and 3 are a little slow, though, as the writers weren't sure how long the studio was going to make them draw it out, so there's a lot of filler.

Watch it. You won't regret it.

Then watch Battlestar. Then watch Firefly.

Hey Midwinter!! Haven't seen you around for a while! How's things?

Cool.... I'll order it now...run out of things to watch since my staples of Doctor Who and Sherlock are currently off-air.
post #6 of 9
DEXTER. BREAKING BAD. Eureka & Warehouse 13 for nice light hearted fun.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #7 of 9
Quote:

Hey Midwinter!! Haven't seen you around for a while! How's things?

Things are fine. I poke my head in from time to time, but PO just seems to be even worse than when so many of us left that I generally feel no urge to return.

Quote:
Cool.... I'll order it now...run out of things to watch since my staples of Doctor Who and Sherlock are currently off-air.

Watch LOST. All of it. Suffer through seasons 2 and 3, because the awesomeness of seasons 4-6 is a force of nature.
post #8 of 9
I thought actually Seasons 1-4 were better because they were good character studies and you didn't know if the characters were actually in some sort of purgatory or what not. Seasons 5 and 6 wrapped things up but it got a tad bit silly with the mythology.
post #9 of 9
Quote:

At least give Seasons 1 to 2 a shot, then decide after that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Lost