or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Murkowski running for Alaska senate?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Murkowski running for Alaska senate?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
It appears that Murkowski has been irked by an ilk in Alaska.

If she runs will she win? Will she tarnish the Tea Party's high Palin gloss veneer or will she just look like a sore loser lost in the tangle of the TeaBaggers net?

- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_720353.html
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It appears that Murkowski has been irked...

Incumbent sore loser to launch desperate bid to keep power
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/1...to-keep-power/
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Incumbent sore loser to launch desperate bid to keep power
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/1...to-keep-power/

Thanks CD. Certainly looks like Alaska will getting some fresh new Democratic blood as Senator, doesn't it? I can see that having a bit of a impact on GOP/TeaBagger relations, especially if nationally the Tea Party candidates, (is it 3?) fail.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Thanks CD. Certainly looks like Alaska will getting some fresh new Democratic blood as Senator, doesn't it?

Not quite... Murkowski running as Independent actually helps Miller by splitting Democrat vote!!!

Public Policy Polling
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....nate-race.html
In a three way contest with Murkowski running as the Libertarian candidate Miller leads but with only 38% to 34% for Murkowski and 22% for McAdams. Democrats have been hopeful that Murkowski will run on the assumption she would split the Republican vote but her supporters actually go 47-23 for McAdams in a two way contest with Miller.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Not quite... Murkowski running as Independent actually helps Miller by splitting Democrat vote!!!

Public Policy Polling
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....nate-race.html
In a three way contest with Murkowski running as the Libertarian candidate Miller leads but with only 38% to 34% for Murkowski and 22% for McAdams. Democrats have been hopeful that Murkowski will run on the assumption she would split the Republican vote but her supporters actually go 47-23 for McAdams in a two way contest with Miller.

47-23 in a "two way" race against another, and more, right of center candidate, but this will be a three way race . Those dem voters will go for McAdams given the choice (and those numbers on that page you posted show that he has strong dem support). And then given Murkowski will be taking about 40% of the repub vote and a significant amount of indeps there's not much left for Miller.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

And then given Murkowski will be taking about 40% of the repub vote....

The PRIMARY REASON Miller WON THE PRIMARY is that conservatives VOTED AGAiNST Murkowski and for Miller! It is extremely unlikely THAT Murkowski would get any more than 10% of the Republican vote in any scenario! As a Libertarian (Independent) she would DRAIN VOTES away from Democrat candidate since she was very liberal in office (HENCE THE REASON SHE LOST IN THE PRIMARY).
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

The PRIMARY REASON Miller WON THE PRIMARY is that conservatives VOTED AGAiNST Murkowski and for Miller! It is extremely unlikely THAT Murkowski would get any more than 10% of the Republican vote in any scenario! As a Libertarian (Independent) she would DRAIN VOTES away from Democrat candidate since she was very liberal in office (HENCE THE REASON SHE LOST IN THE PRIMARY).

She got 32% of the repub vote. Now she's going to battle all out to win. Interesting dynamics on what tactical voting will ensue, but with lines like ""Well, perhaps it's time they met one Republican woman who won't quit on Alaska," she said, taking a swipe at Palin, who resigned last year in the middle of her first term as governor." ~ Huff, she'll have a strong backing from many.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

She got 32% of the repub vote.

That's what she had... As I said, polls in Alaska put her support at less than 10 percent now.... If this incumbent sore loser decides to run in her desperate bid to keep power, she and the democrat candidate will be the ones supporting ObamaCare in a state that hates it, both will be the ones supporting progressivism in a conservative state...Murkowski is a loser...the voters told her that in primary... like loser Crist in Florida they just cling to power like parasites, irrespective and unresponsive to what the voters say.
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

That's what she had... As I said, polls in Alaska put her support at less than 10 percent now.... If this incumbent sore loser decides to run in her desperate bid to keep power, she and the democrat candidate will be the ones supporting ObamaCare in a state that hates it, both will be the ones supporting progressivism in a conservative state...Murkowski is a loser...the voters told her that in primary... like loser Crist in Florida they just cling to power like parasites, irrespective and unresponsive to what the voters say.

I share your utter disdain for repubs, they are sad cases with a built in sense of entitlement that's like a disease running through their pathetic morbid minds.

I haven't seen your poll. I wonder what a similar poll will show in a few days now things have been decided.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Murkowski running for Alaska senate?