or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.

"I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.

post #1 of 235
It was the anti-masturbation TeaBagger O'Donnell.

Here's more- "I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do. One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar and I didn't know it. I mean, there was a little blood there and stuff like that.

We went to a movie and then had a little picnic on a satanic altar."

Imagine if Obama had done these things!

~Huff story- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_722035.html
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Here's more- "I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do. One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar and I didn't know it. I mean, there was a little blood there and stuff like that.

Sounds great!!
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Sounds great!!

I wonder what the TeaBaggers will think about it.
post #4 of 235
Quote:

Incredible. This kind of infantile gibberish only thrives on the mass ignorance of the public, this state of anesthesia and somnamulence fed by the corporate media. Witchcraft and Satanism have about as much in common as *genuine* Christianity and capitalism...ie NOTHING. ZILCH. SQUAT. To be honest...fuck all.

Its amazing how the public can be manipulated by fears based on groundless claims or utterly bogus premises.

* Commies were about to take over the US in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s......
* Cannabis can turn normal people into gross 2-headed scaly-skinned mutants.....
* WMD in Iraq were to be used on the US... at an hour's notice.....
* Iraq troops were killing Kuwaiti incubator babies.....
* Al Qaeda sleeper terrorist cells are waiting to bomb us.....
* Sharia law is encroaching the US legal system......
* The homosexual agenda is about to destroy the American family.....
* Bombs made of liquid binary explosives can be made on airplanes....
* The laws of nature can be violated to feed a popular theory......

and thousands more such instances of dark ages drivel.

A National Geographic poll of high school age kids in the US found the following unbelievably scary findings:
82% were unable to locate Baghdad/Iraq on a globe
50% were unable to locate the Pacific Ocean on a globe (despite being the largest feature on the planet).
etc.

A similar poll in 2005 found that 90% of US troops serving in Iraq *KNEW* that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.

With such prevalance of mass idiocy and pig ignorance amongst the US mainstream, its hardly surprising that the purveyors of fear-based fantasy and fairytale have resorted to this latest blot in human devolution..... the popular conflation of wicca and satanism. Its also not surprising that these tactics always seem to work, because such a large section of the US public remains so FVCKING STUPEFIED.

And yes, the Huffington Post, alongside Fox News is a prime candidate for the 2010 Goebbels Media Awards.

Baghdad Bob... you've been soundly beaten at your own game

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #5 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon

Obama is ruining the nation... far worse! Witchcraft is tame compared to reckless economic stupidity of Obama and Co.

Go O'Donnell...onward to Senate... take back America...
post #6 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Incredible. This kind of infantile gibberish only thrives on the mass ignorance of the public, this state of anesthesia and somnamulence fed by the corporate media. Witchcraft and Satanism have about as much in common as *genuine* Christianity and capitalism...ie NOTHING. ZILCH. SQUAT. To be honest...fuck all.

Its amazing how the public can be manipulated by fears based on groundless claims or utterly bogus premises.

* Commies were about to take over the US in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s......
* Cannabis can turn normal people into gross 2-headed scaly-skinned mutants.....
* WMD in Iraq were to be used on the US... at an hour's notice.....
* Iraq troops were killing Kuwaiti incubator babies.....
* Al Qaeda sleeper terrorist cells are waiting to bomb us.....
* Sharia law is encroaching the US legal system......
* The homosexual agenda is about to destroy the American family.....
* Bombs made of liquid binary explosives can be made on airplanes....
* The laws of nature can be violated to feed a popular theory......

and thousands more such instances of dark ages drivel.

A National Geographic poll of high school age kids in the US found the following unbelievably scary findings:
82% were unable to locate Baghdad/Iraq on a globe
50% were unable to locate the Pacific Ocean on a globe (despite being the largest feature on the planet).
etc.

A similar poll in 2005 found that 90% of US troops serving in Iraq *KNEW* that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.

With such prevalance of mass idiocy and pig ignorance amongst the US mainstream, its hardly surprising that the purveyors of fear-based fantasy and fairytale have resorted to this latest blot in human devolution..... the popular conflation of wicca and satanism. Its also not surprising that these tactics always seem to work, because such a large section of the US public remains so FVCKING STUPEFIED.

And yes, the Huffington Post, alongside Fox News is a prime candidate for the 2010 Goebbels Media Awards.

Baghdad Bob... you've been soundly beaten at your own game

Sorry sammijo, I misenterpreted your post.

I agree plain ignorance maybe being stirred up, and I hope the Huff isn't doing that, but the story has merit as news, how it's interpteted is up to us.
post #7 of 235
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #8 of 235
Btw - Witchcraft and Satanism are two entirely contradictory concepts.

Witchcraft - ie Wicca - is the old pagan Celtic religion re-envisaged by Gardner.

Satanism does not really exist but if it did would be a subset of Christianity in some inverted sense since it accepts Christian conceptions of Satan and God but instead sides with Satan so to speak.

Claims of someone practicing both are therefore the usual uniformed BS.
post #9 of 235
Quote:

Btw - Witchcraft and Satanism are two entirely contradictory concepts.

Witchcraft - ie Wicca - is the old pagan Celtic religion re-envisaged by Gardner.

Satanism does not really exist but if it did would be a subset of Christianity in some inverted sense since it accepts Christian conceptions of Satan and God but instead sides with Satan so to speak.

Claims of someone practicing both are therefore the usual uniformed BS.

seg the huff article is pretty brief and doesn't delve into any differences between witchcraft and satanism. What conclusions her supporters and also non tea party repubs make may well blur some of those distinctions. It would be interesting to know how this news is being received from those quarters.
post #10 of 235
[QUOTE=Camp David; Witchcraft is tame compared to reckless economic stupidity

Go O'Donnell...onward to Senate... take back America...[/QUOTE]

What's your take on how this will be perceived amongst her followers and those more aligned with the GOP? I ask, in part, because she's chosen to cancel events, is that a way for her to play the media card?
post #11 of 235
Quote:

Witchcraft - ie Wicca - is the old pagan Celtic religion...

Well then I expect all the liberals to rush to her defense; religious expression being all the rage to the Democrats lately...
post #12 of 235
Quote:

We have to imagine the background of Obama because to this day, the media have never investigated it at all due to their agreement with him.

Hands Sandon, simply point me to the story that goes in depth in the President Obama's history in any form or fashion and we can talk. Until then, I'm not going to care about their Republican hit pieces.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #13 of 235
That cartoon is racist.
A is A
A is A
post #14 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

That cartoon is racist.

You're right, how about this one:

"You know, these are the kind of cheap, underhanded, un-manly tactics that we've come to expect from Obama's favorite Republican, Mike Castle [..] Mike, this is not a bake-off, get your man-pants on."

- Talking Points Memo regarding Castle's allegation that she illegally coordinated campaign activities with the Tea Party Express.

"It is not enough to be abstinent with other people, you also have to be be abstinent alone. The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery, so you can't masturbate without lust."

- MTV Interview

"God may choose to heal someone from cancer, yet that person still has a great deal of medical bills. The outstanding bills do not determine whether or not the patient has been healed by God."

- Live Leak
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...8.html#s140467
post #15 of 235
Those pictures demand photoshop.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #16 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

That cartoon is racist.

I concur. Bill Maher is both dropping the n-word and also declaring he is creating a "hostage" situation until she comes on his show again. The left is quite the bundle of fun these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

You're right, how about this one:

I'd say that cartoon is racist as well. Given the history of Democrats and poll taxes, it becomes doubly so.

post #17 of 235
You need some assistance.

That cartoon does not reference race in any way.

So it is not racist.

It's really that simple.

I've put it in size 7. bold and italics, to help you understand.

We can compare.... Rush Limbaugh, say.

Rush Limbaugh telling a black caller to "take the bone from your nose", or Rush Limbaugh saying that pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson, or that the NFL should practice riots by robbing convenience stores, after a discussion on race, do reference race. In quite derogatory ways.

So you see, the difference is quite clear.

Racism really does exist. And it's OK to say that it's bad.

Anyway, this cartoon has fuck all to do with race, so it cannot be said to be "racist."

If you don't understand this, and I am not specifying anyone in particular, you are a fucking dickhead.

post #18 of 235
That's the new meme for the right wingers on this board. Have nothing to say? Troll by calling non-racist things racist! It's like a game of racist tag. They think that if they call other people racists, that removes their own racist "it" status. I'm surprised we haven't seen "That cartoon is racist. NO TAG BACKS!" yet.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #19 of 235
The context of this needs some analysis: Witchcraft and Satanism are the key phrases that communicate something to the extreme evangelical Right. It's like a code - sort of a fundie version of the Freemason handshake.

It's saying "I'm one of you but a super-version.....see I was a SATANIST and now I'm SAVED".

It serves two main functions:

One: underlines 'the power of God"

Two: marks the individual as somehow 'chosen' - after all, if God rescues someone from 'the Occult' then it's for a reason no?

So it's used quite cynically. To garner religious support. Look at it this way:

What else could she say to the same effect and get away with it? She 'dabbled' (one always 'dabbles' in the Occult in fundie-speak...never 'studied extensively' or anything requiring attention) in 'homosexuality'?

Would never happen. Drugs and being gay are real life choices real people make and fundies can't afford to be measured against the real lest they be found wanting.... must be something 'imaginary' (although imo Magick is real but they know nothing about it) so they always focus on the 'Occult'.

It's that cynical.

Or maybe she's just an idiot.
post #20 of 235
Quote:

The context of this needs some analysis: Witchcraft and Satanism are the key phrases that communicate something to the extreme evangelical Right. It's like a code - sort of a fundie version of the Freemason handshake.

It's saying "I'm one of you but a super-version.....see I was a SATANIST and now I'm SAVED".

It serves two main functions:

One: underlines 'the power of God"

Two: marks the individual as somehow 'chosen' - after all, if God rescues someone from 'the Occult' then it's for a reason no?

So it's used quite cynically. To garner religious support. Look at it this way:

What else could she say to the same effect and get away with it? She 'dabbled' (one always 'dabbles' in the Occult in fundie-speak...never 'studied extensively' or anything requiring attention) in 'homosexuality'?

Would never happen. Drugs and being gay are real life choices real people make and fundies can't afford to be measured against the real lest they be found wanting.... must be something 'imaginary' (although imo Magick is real but they know nothing about it) so they always focus on the 'Occult'.

It's that cynical.

Or maybe she's just an idiot.

Interesting point Seg. Since it is both Bill Maher and Huffington Post who are helping push this dog whistle coded message forward, clearly they are part of the vast right wing conspiracy. It all fits now. I mean Bill Maher is dropping the n word just to make a point so clearly he is a right-wing racist. Ariana Huffington is merely his partner in crime.

Good detective work!

post #21 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Interesting point Seg. Since it is both Bill Maher and Huffington Post who are helping push this dog whistle coded message forward, clearly they are part of the vast right wing conspiracy. It all fits now. I mean Bill Maher is dropping the n word just to make a point so clearly he is a right-wing racist. Ariana Huffington is merely his partner in crime.

Good detective work!

What ????

Can anyone help me make sense of this??
post #22 of 235
Quote:

What ????

Can anyone help me make sense of this??

No. It's another round in trumptman's jihad against logic and the English language. Bill Maher and Ariana Huffington are racists because... actually, no, even I can't work this one out. The point is that Trumptman feels better about himself.
post #23 of 235
He desperately wants to use the n-word, just like Laura Schlessinger did. Laura had the ulterior motive of wanting to resign before getting shitcanned for terrible ratings so causing a big stink and getting to finally let some of her racism out of her moldy mouth box was the perfect malfeasance. Her contract was up at the end of the year anyway and she wasn't going to get renewed. Dropping n-bombs and sounding as giddy as a little school girl while doing so was the easy, coward's way out.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #24 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

He desperately wants to use the n-word, just like Laura Schlessinger did. Laura had the ulterior motive of wanting to resign before getting shitcanned for terrible ratings so causing a big stink and getting to finally let some of her racism out of her moldy mouth box was the perfect malfeasance. Her contract was up at the end of the year anyway and she wasn't going to get renewed. Dropping n-bombs and sounding as giddy as a little school girl while doing so was the easy, coward's way out.

I see your point BR. My own radio show however has fantastic ratings and my own contract has been renewed so I guess I'll just have to hold on a bit longer.

post #25 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

He desperately wants to use the n-word, just like Laura Schlessinger did. .

What, 'nigger'?

Laura Schlessinger used the word 'nigger' a lot. About half a dozen times.

Stupid racist.
post #26 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

No. It's another round in trumptman's jihad against logic and the English language. Bill Maher and Ariana Huffington are racists because... actually, no, even I can't work this one out. The point is that Trumptman feels better about himself.

Interesting that you associate Muslim terms and imagery as not being associated with the English language or logic.

That's very racist of you MJ but then what can we expect from such a sexist.

post #27 of 235
Quote:

What, 'nigger'?

Stupid racist.

I agree. Perhaps she should have pointed out Obama's mixed heritage and associated him with rap imagery too. Also according to the cartoon above, O'Donnell clearly is poor, eats in fast food restaurants, rents and other code words associated with being black. So racist of them to try to take her down by suggesting to Delaware voters that she isn't "clean" and "articulate."

post #28 of 235
Quote:

What, 'nigger'?

Stupid racist.

Something like 11 times in 5 minutes.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #29 of 235
Quote:

Interesting that you associate Muslim terms and imagery as not being associated with the English language or logic.

Jihad is an Arabic word....

What the hell is going on here????

Did someone spike my coco pops with acid????
post #30 of 235
No, Trumpet just drank the Kool-Aid.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #31 of 235
Quote:

I

What exactly is your problem with logic this morning?
post #32 of 235
This morning?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #33 of 235
Quote:

What exactly is your problem with logic this morning?

This morning ????
post #34 of 235
Whoa....spooky...I'm channeling BR
post #35 of 235
*channels as much atheism at sego as possible*

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #36 of 235
Quote:

post #37 of 235
Interesting...

It really looks like she's done. Wonder how the Republicans will find another candidate? Do they need to hold a special primary?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/...ex.html?hpt=C2

Quote:
"It turns out Miss O'Donnell has treated her campaign funds like they are her very own personal piggy bank. She's used that money to pay for things like her rent, for gas, meals and even a bowling outing. And that's just flat-out illegal," said Melanie Sloan, the group's executive director.
post #38 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Interesting...

It really looks like she's done. Wonder how the Republicans will find another candidate? Do they need to hold a special primary?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/...ex.html?hpt=C2

Well groups can make claims but that doesn't prove the claims. The article notes she has run for Senator three times in the last five years while the watchdog group claims she wasn't running for office. It sounds like it is easier to claim that she was continuously running for office.

Meanwhile in this case, perhaps we should consider the source of the claims as well.

Roll Call reported that CREW investigated "groups and individuals who are the foes of CREW's donors" as well as a political opponent of one of CREW's board directors, and that CREW refused to disclose its donor list.[6] Donors to CREW include such liberal groups as George Soros' Open Society Institute, Democracy Alliance, Service Employees International Union, the Arca Foundation, and the Gill Foundation.[6][12][13] The Roll Call article also stated that the CREW mission statement had changed since 2005, when it read that CREW "differs from other good government groups in that it sues offending politicians directly" and that it "aims to counterbalance the conservative legal watchdog groups that made such a strong impact over the past decade."

Melanie Sloan serves as CREW's Executive Director. Prior to starting CREW in 2003, she served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia, after having worked for Congressional Democrats John Conyers, Charles Schumer, and Joseph Biden.[14]

Thanks for helping root out how the liberal media complex engages in smears tonton. Job well done!

post #39 of 235
Bowling? That's it. She's out.
A is A
A is A
post #40 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Interesting...It really looks like she's done.

All the liberals are writing her off; that's to be sure... but what is the name of the Democrat running? Hell... nobody knows that name! And who just beat an 18 year incumbent Congressman in the US Senate primary? Oh that would be Christine O'Donnell, who's campaign has become a financial juggernaut since gaining national attention with the victory. Her Web site indicated midday Thursday that it has taken in more than $1 million in contributions since Tuesday night. Meanwhile the rest of Delaware tries to figure out who the anonymous democrat running against Christine O'Donnell is. Anyone know?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.