or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.

"I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama. - Page 4

post #121 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Wrong.

So that she lied to get out of her TV appearances and that she wrongly described an alter as a "satanic alter" you will not discuss, except to accuse others of having OCD?
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #122 of 235
Quote:

Wrong.

Please, expand on that point. I'm all ears.
post #123 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

So that she lied to get out of her TV appearances and that she wrongly described an alter as a "satanic alter" you will not discuss, except to accuse others of having OCD?

I didn't say that at all. You seem to be twisting what I've said. First I don't give a shit if she wrongly described tis alter or that alter. I really don't care. If anything it demonstrates that to whatever extent she did "dabble" it must have been pretty minimal if the experts in this thread are to be believed and she doesn't know the difference between these things. Second, I don't know if she lied about getting out of her TV appearances. What evidence do you have of this? Third, it would be unfortunate if she did. I don't condone lying. But then, I'm more concerned about when the president of the United States (Barack Obama) lies than a candidate for office who is unlikely to win anyway.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #124 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Please, expand on that point. I'm all ears.

I have a lot to say, including pointing out the stupidity exhibited by people who appeared to be obsessed by her apparent lack of knowledge about an inconsequential issue like the difference between Wicca and Satanism. Who also appear to know much more than her about these things and yet appear to be critical of her for "dabbling" in them.

post #125 of 235
Quote:

I didn't say that at all. You seem to be twisting what I've said. First I don't give a shit if she wrongly described tis alter or that alter. I really don't care. If anything it demonstrates that to whatever extent she did "dabble" it must have been pretty minimal if the experts in this thread are to be believed and she doesn't know the difference between these things. Second, I don't know if she lied about getting out of her TV appearances. What evidence do you have of this? Third, it would be unfortunate if she did. I don't condone lying. But then, I'm more concerned about when the president of the United States (Barack Obama) lies than a candidate for office who is unlikely to win anyway.

More might come out to prove that she lied about her dropping out of the TV shows, it seems plain obvious that she did, but if you don't wish to speculate then fine.

My take on her is that she's willing to say anything to be likeable to her sect or to be the center of attention. Politician's must thrive on that more than most and I'm quite sure she's going to play to her crowd with great frequency whilst she can. Behind that lying attention grabber there is no doubt someone who wants something very badly. In the unlikely event she wins, she's likely to be aiming for much more as soon as she can, especially the top slot. Palin watch out if she does!

post #126 of 235
Quote:

I have a lot to say, including pointing out the stupidity exhibited by people who appeared to be obsessed by her apparent lack of knowledge about an inconsequential issue like the difference between Wicca and Satanism. Who also appear to know much more than her about these things and yet appear to be critical of her for "dabbling" in them.

None of us have "dabbled". But we have the advantage over you in that we're not willfully ignorant. So we simply know more stuff when it comes to those things that you "don't care" about.
post #127 of 235
Quote:

None of us have "dabbled". But we have the advantage over you in that we're not willfully ignorant. So we simply know more stuff when it comes to those things that you "don't care" about.

Good for you. Sadly you appear to lack the wisdom to recognize how unimportant it is.

post #128 of 235
Quote:

More might come out to prove that she lied about her dropping out of the TV shows, it seems plain obvious that she did,

Priceless!

Quote:

but if you don't wish to speculate then fine.

No. That would involve conjecturing.

post #129 of 235
Quote:

Good for you. Sadly you appear to lack the wisdom to recognize how unimportant it is.

Wisdom comes with knowledge.
post #130 of 235
So what's the real story behind the allegation that O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay rent and go bowling? Do you care about that, MJ?
post #131 of 235
Quote:

Priceless!

No. That would involve conjecturing.

If anyone has links, I'd love to see if her supporters are gullible enough to be taking her at her word. Would make for some interesting reading and the satanic alter etc.

post #132 of 235
Quote:

If anyone has links, I'd love to see if her supporters are gullible enough to be taking her at her word. Would make for some interesting reading and the satanic alter etc.

I love the presumption of a lie (and gullibility) without evidence.

post #133 of 235
I'd love to see MJ's open criticism of the birthers. Or the Lewinsky affair. Or the Swift Boaters. Or Reverend Wright. Or Bill Ayers.

But I won't. Because he "doesn't care" about those things.

He does care about criticism of O'Donnell and Palin, however.
post #134 of 235
Quote:

I'd love to see MJ's open criticism of the birthers. Or the Lewinsky affair. Or the Swift Boaters. Or Reverend Wright. Or Bill Ayers.

But I won't. Because he "doesn't care" about those things.

Yeah, I really don't. I don't follow the "birther" thing. Doesn't seem important. If Obama say he was born in the US, I believe him. Doesn't really matter now anyway does it. I thought the Lewinsky thing was a mountain out of a molehill, but I certainly do question Bill Clinton's morality based on it. Didn't really follow the Swift boating thing. What I did see, seemed like so much political BS. Rev. Wright seems off the deep end and I think Obama skillfully distanced himself from stuff that he probably was more aware of than he let on. But then, you know he wasn't lying or anything.

Quote:

He does care about criticism of O'Donnell and Palin, however.

I'm more fascinated than anything else. The left's obsession is amusing, and a tad frightening.

post #135 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Next thing you know, they'll be teaching our kids that all life on earth evolved from a puddle of primordial goo, even though there is no proof.

Grow up. Your stubborn denial of reality and the ideas you have about the origins of life make your god small and insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan

In some respects, science has far surpassed religion in delivering awe. How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, "This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed"? Instead they say, "No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way."

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #136 of 235
Quote:

I'm more fascinated than anything else. The left's obsession is amusing, and a tad frightening.

What's frightening is a politician who thinks masturbation is an issue to be discussed. What's frightening are Palin's ideas about abstinence-only education, and the ironic example she herself has set.

And what's frightening is willful ignorance in any context. Who would choose not to be informed?

post #137 of 235
Quote:

What's frightening is a politician who thinks masturbation is an issue to be discussed.

This from the person who seems overly concerned with her lack of knowledge abut the difference between Wicca and Satanism.

Quote:

Who would choose not to be informed?

Well, son, there are only so many hours in the day. We all filter. We all pick and chose. You do. I do. Everyone does. There's a finite amount of time and choosing what to educate oneself is a selective process. Wicca and Satanism are pretty darn low on my list. But you go ahead and knock yourself out.

post #138 of 235
Quote:

The left's obsession is amusing, and a tad frightening.

So the left's "obsession" with ridiculous things various righties have done (it's not just women -- Rush and pills, Geedub and drunk driving and cocaine and broccoli, half the Republican party and gay sex in bathrooms ) is "frightening", but all those examples of the Right's equally as obsessive focus are not worthy of comment. I see.
post #139 of 235
Quote:

This from the person who seems overly concerned with her lack of knowledge abut the difference between Wicca and Satanism.

I don't think those are issues to be discussed, either. Ignorance, on the other hand...
post #140 of 235
Quote:

Well, son, there are only so many hours in the day.

Yeah, I can tell from your online habits...
post #141 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Grow up. Your stubborn denial of reality and the ideas you have about the origins of life make your god small and insignificant.

Sorry if I offended you.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #142 of 235
Quote:

Well, son, there are only so many hours in the day. We all filter. We all pick and chose. You do. I do. Everyone does. There's a finite amount of time and choosing what to educate oneself is a selective process. Wicca and Satanism are pretty darn low on my list. But you go ahead and knock yourself out.

SHE WAS INTO IT! The least she could have known was what it was about. First, there's nothing wrong with education and not being ethnocentrist, but for someone who WAS INVOLVED IN IT, she should know the fucking difference.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #143 of 235
Quote:

Sorry if I offended you.

You don't offend me. It makes me sad that you think the universe is so...trivial. You sell your own god short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan

The fossil record implies trial and error, an inability to anticipate the future, features inconsistent with an efficient Great Designer.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #144 of 235
Quote:

Yeah, I can tell from your online habits...

But I get to spend all this time educating you.

post #145 of 235
Quote:

SHE WAS INTO IT! The least she could have known was what it was about. First, there's nothing wrong with education and not being ethnocentrist, but for someone who WAS INVOLVED IN IT, she should know the fucking difference.

Evidently not as much as y'all assume.

post #146 of 235
Quote:

But I get to spend ll this time educating you.

I do learn a lot from my interaction with you, that's true. But probably not in the way you intend.
post #147 of 235
Quote:

You don't offend me. It makes me sad that you think the universe is so...trivial. You sell your own god short.

I don't believe science and religion are mutually exclusive.

post #148 of 235
Quote:

Evidently not as much as y'all assume.

We did not make an assumption on this particular point. She said it herself.
post #149 of 235
Quote:

I don't believe science and religion are mutually exclusive.

You do seem to think that creationism and evolution are.
post #150 of 235
Quote:

We did not make an assumption on this particular point. She said it herself.

You missed the point. She said she "dabbled." (to work or involve oneself superficially or intermittently especially in a secondary activity or interest) You all have assumed she must then have a pretty good knowledge about both of them. Evidently she wasn't as involved or didn't "dabble" as much as assumed.

post #151 of 235
Quote:

You do seem to think that creationism and evolution are.

I said there is no proof all life on this planet evolved from primordial goo. Am I wrong?

post #152 of 235
All life? No. All is a big word and life is a funny thing in that stuff can live in some of the harshest conditions imaginable. However, there is substantial evidence that the overwhelming majority of life on this planet share a common ancestor. Molecular biology is a wonderful thing.

Well, you also didn't specify the same goo...so...I'll answer your question with a "Yes, but the possibility of life crashing down onto Earth on a meteor also exists. We don't know if aliens plopped down some life here either. But again, all signs point to yes. The mountain ranges of evidence point to yes."

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #153 of 235
Quote:

I said there is no proof all life on this planet evolved from primordial goo. Am I wrong?

Let me educate you once again. The scientific basis of Evolution, and the reason it is included in our scientific curriculum, is not based in any way on a claim that all life evolved from a single event, or even that all life is a product of evolution. It is the scientific fact that some life has followed the path of evolution. You, MJ and Frank have shown that you disagree with that position, which makes you ignorant of the mountain of scientific evidence and consensus that says otherwise.
post #154 of 235
Quote:

Let me educate you once again. The scientific basis of Evolution, and the reason it is included in our scientific curriculum, is not based in any way on a claim that all life evolved from a single event, or even that all life is a product of evolution. It is the scientific fact that some life has followed the path of evolution. You, MJ and Frank have shown that you disagree with that position, which makes you ignorant of the mountain of scientific evidence and consensus that says otherwise.

Please quote me where I claimed that evolution does not happen on any scale.

post #155 of 235
The plants and animals and other life on Earth that we are aware of, and the life on Earth we may be unaware of, can have been a product of many things. It can have evolved. It can have been created by a Judeo-Christian-Muslim God. It can have been created by the basketmakers. It can have been sent here by aliens.

But only one of those things is a scientifically proven explanation. That doesn't exclude the others from being possible!
post #156 of 235
Quote:

Next thing you know, they'll be teaching our kids that all life on earth evolved from a puddle of primordial goo, even though there is no proof.

Are they teaching that? That all life on Earth evolved? If that's what they're teaching, then I would suggest that such a qualifier be removed.
post #157 of 235
Quote:

No-one is critical of her for 'dabbling' - and it is not an inconsequential issue...it is of the utmost importance. Here is why:

Currently in the US there are many ill-informed people who believe ridiculous things. It's not necessarily their fault...it's the fault of others in positions of power who reinforce these beliefs.

Here are some examples:

Islam = terrorism
Evolution = 'just a theory'
ID = science
Wicca = Satanism

The list goes on.

Now I would take the view that:

a) Leaders and Politicians should not be drawn from a group that is so ill-informed .

b) Leaders and Politicians - being informed - have a duty to inform and educate everyone who for whatever reason, labours under these illusions.

It's not about OPINIONS - people can have whatever opinion they like. It's about rationality and information.

Of course that's part of the problem: opinions being confused with facts.

So, whether a politician is rational and well-informed IS CRITICAL as this is the basis on which they will make DECISIONS that affect the entire world.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #158 of 235
Hammer. Nail. Dead on.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #159 of 235
Quote:

If you infer that a person admits to dabble into a subject but even after dabbling has only superficial knowledge of this subject, what will you expect if that same person dabbles into let's say, Healthcare or off shore drilling?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #160 of 235
Quote:

The plants and animals and other life on Earth that we are aware of, and the life on Earth we may be unaware of, can have been a product of many things. It can have evolved. It can have been created by a Judeo-Christian-Muslim God. It can have been created by the basketmakers. It can have been sent here by aliens.

But only one of those things is a scientifically proven explanation. That doesn't exclude the others from being possible!

Since we know Dinosaurs laid eggs which needed to be fertilized by male seed, we must draw the conclusion that when god created humans he didn't have any new ideas.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.