or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.

"I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama. - Page 2

post #41 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Anyone know?

The Winner. - http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...is_chris_coons
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #42 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Interesting point Seg. Since it is both Bill Maher and Huffington Post who are helping push this dog whistle coded message forward, clearly they are part of the vast right wing conspiracy. It all fits now. I mean Bill Maher is dropping the n word just to make a point so clearly he is a right-wing racist. Ariana Huffington is merely his partner in crime.

Good detective work!

You are a god trumptman.
But since we should not have any other gods besides god .......
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #43 of 235
Quote:

Meanwhile the rest of Delaware tries to figure out who the anonymous democrat running against Christine O'Donnell is. Anyone know?

Chris Coons

Quote:
Coons' résumé may not sport anything as colorful as O'Donnell's abstinence and antimasturbation crusading. But he did campaign for Ronald Reagan as a teenager before labeling himself, in a much-quoted-on-the-right college essay, a "bearded Marxist." Now 47, Coons has served in county government for the past decade, with the last six years as executive of New Castle County one of Delaware's three counties and home to about 500,000 of the state's roughly 900,000 residents. His pedigree may be easy for a Tea Partyer to sneer at undergrad at Amherst, law and divinity school at Yale but in a relatively prosperous Northeastern state like Delaware (where the unemployment rate is high, but lower than the national average), it may be an asset. (And remember: at least two other Tea Party darlings, Joe Miller in Alaska and Ken Buck in Colorado, also have Ivy League degrees.)

Unlike some other Democrats recently running from it, Coons openly supports a cap-and-trade plan to combat global warming; sounds fairly conventional on education reform; and describes himself as a "Truman Democrat," which has a slightly hawkish ring but could actually mean almost anything short of Kucinich-ism. (It's hard to find anything Coons has to say about Afghanistan beyond some milquetoasty criticism of Stanley McChrystal's infamous comments to Rolling Stone.) On MSNBC's Hardball Wednesday, Coons said he would have voted for both the health care bill and financial regulatory reform. He has also made an interesting proposal for a lifetime ban on Senate lobbying by former Senators, something unlikely to endear him to his potential new colleagues.

The big picture, however, is that this campaign will unfold in a state that went 62-37 for Obama in 2008, thanks in part to the place of local hero Joe Biden on the ticket. Biden already has plans to campaign and raise money for Coons. And polling shows Coons now with a double-digit lead. So Coons could probably get away with being just an ordinary candidate.

O'Donnell gives Coons two thumbs up:

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #44 of 235
Quote:

Since it is both Bill Maher and Huffington Post who are helping push this dog whistle coded message forward...

The left elevates stupid comedians and takes them seriously... who else but the left would take anything stand up comic Bill Mahre says seriously? Just look at how much gravitas the left gives to Jon Stewart (The Daily Show)! They're comedians! They don't have a clue about politics (or anything else in life) but the left bows down to them in homage! That is why I guess the left follows Obama; he's a community organizing comedian! Moreover, it would be an interesting balance here to go back to Bill Mahre's high school days and pull a quote (something he said) to offset what he is doing to Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Chris Coons

Who? Never heard of him... After November nobody will.
post #45 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Those pictures demand photoshop.

Pictures deserve to be burned along side of this moron who is running for senate.
post #46 of 235
Quote:

The left elevates stupid comedians and takes them seriously... who else but the left would take anything stand up comic Bill Mahre says seriously? Just look at how much gravitas the left gives to Jon Stewart (The Daily Show)! They're comedians! They don't have a clue about politics (or anything else in life) but the left bows down to them in homage! That is why I guess the left follows Obama; he's a community organizing comedian! Moreover, it would be an interesting balance here to go back to Bill Mahre's high school days and pull a quote (something he said) to offset what he is doing to Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell...

Mr. Maher is a professional comedian. If you choose to go on his show 22 times you are obviously very interested in a career in show business or at least a PR whore. Any crazy shit Bill ever said would simply help his ratings. He is not trying to run for office at least not in this election. Any comparison is idiotic.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #47 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Mr. Maher is a professional comedian...

A professional?

How does one become a pro in comedy? Does he carry degrees and/or certifications? Was he drafted into the comedy major leagues from the varsity farm team? And beyond all this, why would anyone at all involved in comedy be seriously listened to for political analysis? Chevy Chase is also a comedian with a far longer body of accomplishment than Mahre; should be defer to Chevy for political analysis?

Why are the Democrats citing comedians Mahre [and Stewart of The Daily Show] as their political gurus?
post #48 of 235
I'd just like to add that the reason left-wing comedians have been so successful is because the source of material they are working with is utterly ridiculous.
post #49 of 235
Quote:

How does one become a pro in comedy?

You make enough money at it to live.
Kind of like your job, street sweeping.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #50 of 235
Quote:

All the liberals are writing her off; that's to be sure... but what is the name of the Democrat running? Hell... nobody knows that name! .......
Meanwhile the rest of Delaware tries to figure out who the anonymous democrat running against Christine O'Donnell is. Anyone know?

Quote:

Election 2010: Delaware Senate

Delaware Senate: Coons (D) 53%, ODonnell (R) 42%

Quote:
Democrat Chris Coons holds a double-digit lead over Republican hopeful Christine ODonnell in the first Rasmussen Reports post-primary survey of the U.S. Senate race in Delaware.

This marks a remarkable turnaround in a race that at the beginning of the month was rated Solid Republican and was on track to be a GOP pickup. At that time, Congressman Mike Castle led Coons as he had been leading all year. ODonnell trailed Coons at that time 47% to 36%.

If leaners are not included, Coons, the elected executive of the states largest county, posts a 51% to 40% lead over ODonnell. Leaners are those who initially indicate no preference for either of the candidates but answer a follow-up question and say they are leaning towards a particular candidate. From this point forward, Rasmussen Reports considers results with leaners the primary indicator of the race.

Coons led ODonnell 46% to 36% in a survey in August, but a month earlier the two were in a virtual tie.

Seventy-one percent (71%) of Delaware Republicans now support ODonnell after the partys divisive primary, while Coons picks up 84% of the states Democratic voters. Voters not affiliated with either major party prefer ODonnell by eight points.

Seventy-eight percent (78%) of Coons voters say they are already certain how they will vote in November, while just 68% of ODonnells supporters say the same.

The survey of 500 Likely Voters in Delaware was conducted on September 15, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

The seat at stake was formerly held by Vice President Joe Biden who resigned following the November 2008 elections. His chief of staff, Ted Kaufman, was named to the seat by the states Democratic governor but has opted not to seek a full term. Coons jumped into the race after Bidens son, state Attorney General Beau Biden, chose not to run against Castle, a popular longtime congressman.

Coons is viewed favorably by 58% of Delaware voters and unfavorably by 34%. This includes 22% with a Very Favorable view of him and 14% with a Very Unfavorable one.

Forty-two percent (42%) have a favorable opinion of ODonnell, including 20% Very Favorable. Fifty-four percent (54%) regard her unfavorably, with 38% Very Unfavorable.

Both candidates are well-known in the state.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...elaware_senate

Where it matters, BOTH CANDIDATES are known--and right now the poll is trending the wrong way for O'Donnell. If they were in my state, I couldn't vote for either.

Here's to have a nice day:

In fairness to both candidates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VrM...layer_embedded
post #51 of 235
Quote:

You make enough money at it to live.
Kind of like your job, street sweeping.

Jesus... he didn't know that the definition of "professional" means that you do something as your... um... profession? Unreal.
post #52 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'd just like to add that the reason left-wing comedians have been so successful is because the source of material they are working with is utterly ridiculous.

It is unfair really.
The right writes the ridiculous jokes and the left wing comedians simply have to show videos of them to get hysterical laughs.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #53 of 235
Quote:

I know why she hates masturbation so much. She once got hit in the eye with the result. This photo is proof!

I hate getting that stuff in my eye!
post #54 of 235
Quote:

Jesus... he didn't know that the definition of "professional" means that you do something as your... um... profession? Unreal.

yeah Campy boy is no older than 12. he is our in board gay alter boy.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #55 of 235
Quote:

You can tell from this photo that she much prefers blowjobs.

Shoot it in here instead!
post #56 of 235
Quote:

You couldn't pay me enough to stick it in there.....
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #57 of 235
Still... where are the obvious Photoshop (blow)jobs?

OK... I just had to make one myself. Unfortunately, it can't be posted or linked to here...

Anyone have a blog that would be appropriate for them to post it on?
post #58 of 235
Quote:

I'm trying to figure out when liberals/"progressives" became so misogynistic. \

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #59 of 235
Quote:

You couldn't pay me enough to stick it in there.....

I guess that's the acid test: wingers probably would pay anything to...or to be able to....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #60 of 235

Quote:
This may be a first in U.S. Senate politics: The issue of witchcraft has taken center stage.

The witchcraft flap is just the latest of O'Donnell's comments from the 1990s to surface and give fodder to those who say she's too politically unseasoned to win November's open-seat race against Democrat Chris Coons. O'Donnell told Bill O'Reilly that scientists have created mice that possess human brains; she said on "Politically Incorrect" that she would not lie to Nazis if she was hiding Jews in her house; and she reportedly said that women should not be permitted entry to military service institutions. The left has also criticized her denunciation of masturbation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...stine-odonnell
post #61 of 235
Quote:

that she would not lie to Nazis if she was hiding Jews in her house

It doesn't make sense.....well, obviously it makes sense that a right-winger would not lie to the Waffen SS but then why would she hide Jews in her house?

Especially if she was going to turn them in?

Confused....
post #62 of 235
I'm curious is tonton would be making similar comments about these pictures:

Or what witty and crude comments he would make about these:

post #63 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Can't speak for Tonton but from my pov she's a hell of a lot cuter..

These pictures somehow don't somehow inspire the same sort of reaction...it's not political, it's just the way things are.
post #64 of 235
I think the point has been missed. Yes, I agree my posts on O'Donnell have been sexist (not misogynist). It's because of the things she says. Sue me.

O'Donnell obviously has serious issues about sex. Targeting her in a sexual manner is not done because she's a woman, but because of its irony. It's like naming brown goo after Rick Santorum or calling out Teabaggers for the sexual nature of their self-chosen identity or Camp David for the obvious Freudian reference contained within his handle.

Tell me where Michelle Obama deserves the same treatment.
post #65 of 235
Quote:

Yes, I agree my posts on O'Donnell have been sexist (not misogynist).

More than sexist my friend. How do you think most women would react to comments suggesting she really likes blow jobs and where she wants a man to shoot his load? What a piggish thing to say.

Quote:

O'Donnell obviously has serious issues about sex.

Thanks for your deeply analytical psychological appraisal of her.

Quote:

Targeting her in a sexual manner is not done because she's a woman, but because of its irony.

No, it's done because you're being completely crass and crude in your comments.

post #66 of 235
Quote:

Mr. Maher is a professional comedian. If you choose to go on his show 22 times you are obviously very interested in a career in show business or at least a PR whore. Any crazy shit Bill ever said would simply help his ratings. He is not trying to run for office at least not in this election. Any comparison is idiotic.

The real concern should be for Bill Maher's future employment. When O'Donnell gets elected he will be responsible for having given us both her and Ann Coulter. With such a record it is clear he will be terrified to let any future conservatives on his show.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it is because their audience prefers mockery to reality. Bill Maher and Jon Stewart can make you feel much better when you are an under-employed barista with a degree in social justice and poetry who know has $75k in college loans and no future economic prospects.

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out when liberals/"progressives" became so misogynistic. \

Did they ever stop?

Quote:

Of course he wouldn't and if you did, then he would call you a racist.

Let's add a few more for fun for which some fun captions could easily be pondered.

Also everyone in politics has a kick. Clearly for Michelle Obama it has been healthy food. Thus any unhealthy habits, like her husband smoking, her kids eating ice cream or just pictures of her engaging in exercise or growing veggies are clearly on target and on topic per the reasoning here.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #67 of 235

Damn Michelle lay off the rolls if you know what I mean. Baby's supposed have back. Not back, front, side, middle, chins.....

post #68 of 235
Quote:

Damn Michelle lay off the rolls if you know what I mean. Baby's supposed have back. Not back, front, side, middle, chins.....

Who wants you to vote for her????
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #69 of 235
Quote:

More than sexist my friend. How do you think most women would react to comments suggesting she really likes blow jobs and where she wants a man to shoot his load? What a piggish thing to say.

All the women I know who know O'Donnell's ridiculous and offensive positions (no pun intended) would think she deserved it. Of course, the women I know support gay rights and sexual freedom.
post #70 of 235
Quote:

You see THIS is why there are no right-wing comedians....
post #71 of 235
Quote:

All the women I know who know O'Donnell's ridiculous and offensive positions (no pun intended) would think she deserved it. Of course, the women I know support gay rights and sexual freedom.

Rationalize your crude talk all you want.

I find it interesting that you freely reject and mock someone's "ridiculous and offensive positions" while behaving crudely and offensively yourself (and defending and rationalizing your crudeness and offensiveness) and apparently unable to see the irony.

post #72 of 235
Quote:

Rationalize your crude talk all you want.

It was actually funny though.... anyone claiming to be a 41 year old virgin (and being PROUD of it) while gibbering on about witches and Satan is putting themselves out there to be shot at.

The real problem is that it's such an easy, easy shot.......and an open target but she really has asked for it and should just lie down and take it.
post #73 of 235
Quote:

Who wants you to vote for her????

I'm pretty sure DailyKos does and so does Huffington Post. I get emails daily from both of them.

Quote:

O'Donnell has a lesbian sister who has declared she's no homophobe which is what you apparently are trying to label her.

As for sexual freedom, most married women I have encountered are not fine with their men looking at porn and while I'm not silly enough to claim most men don't engage in a little self-stimulation when single, I'm sure most married women would again, declare husbands had better invest their energies in that area into them and not their hand.

Does it make it a crime? It depends upon what level it is done at and where obviously.

However it does make one think about youthful decisions and whether they should be applied to people when they are much older.

A youthful Al Gore smoked plenty of pot, and also was also a pro-life senator.
A youthful Tipper Gore created the PMRC which puts all those wonderful labels on our music telling us the albums contain profanity.
A youthful Bill Clinton signed Don't Ask, Don't Tell and legislation for the V-chip.
A youthful Al Franken did SNL.
A youthful Bill Maher did movies call "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death" and "Bimbo Movie Bash".
A youthful Jon Stewart did work like "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" and "Half Baked".

I mean what is the point of youth if you don't have some growing to do?

post #74 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Quote:

Quote:
This may be a first in U.S. Senate politics: The issue of witchcraft has taken center stage.

The witchcraft flap is just the latest of O'Donnell's comments from the 1990s to surface and give fodder to those who say she's too politically unseasoned to win November's open-seat race against Democrat Chris Coons. O'Donnell told Bill O'Reilly that scientists have created mice that possess human brains; she said on "Politically Incorrect" that she would not lie to Nazis if she was hiding Jews in her house; and she reportedly said that women should not be permitted entry to military service institutions. The left has also criticized her denunciation of masturbation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...stine-odonnell

It doesn't make sense.....well, obviously it makes sense that a right-winger would not lie to the Waffen SS but then why would she hide Jews in her house?

Especially if she was going to turn them in?

Confused....

This was not my quote and the way you posted it made it appear that it was.
post #75 of 235
Quote:

This was not my quote and the way you posted it made it appear that it was.

I know it wasn't...just asking about her...
post #76 of 235
With the far left in full attack mode against Delaware Senate candidate Christine ODonnell, her campaign chest is growing steadily! We need to thank the left for their continued (Palin-esque) attacks upon this candidate...

ODonnell nearing $2 million mark since winning primary
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...rown-territory
"Since upsetting party-backed Rep. Mike Castle (R-Del.) in Delawares GOP Senate primary Tuesday, Christine ODonnell has raised nearly $2 million online. A source with knowledge of the campaigns online fundraising operation said that not only is the money is coming in as fast as it did for Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) ahead of his special election, but that ODonnells raising money online at a pace thats two to three times faster than Sharron Angle in Nevada after her win in the primary."
post #77 of 235
So is she going to upgrade to a larger house with all that extra money?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #78 of 235
Quote:

I'm pretty sure DailyKos does and so does Huffington Post. I get emails daily from both of them.

Michelle Obama is running for office... that's new. But where do I send $...???
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #79 of 235
Quote:

With the far left in full attack mode against Delaware Senate candidate Christine ODonnell, her campaign chest is growing steadily! We need to thank the left for their continued (Palin-esque) attacks upon this candidate...

Hopes she spends it on her campaign and not for her personal use:

The Associated Press
Published: Monday, Sep. 20, 2010 - 11:46 am
Quote:
WILMINGTON, Del. -- A government watchdog group says Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay her rent and other personal expenses.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has filed a complaint against O'Donnell with the Federal Elections Commission and is asking federal prosecutors to investigate her.

The complaint is based largely on a sworn statement by O'Donnell's former campaign finance consultant, David Keegan. He says O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay her rent in both March and April 2009, then listed the spending as "reimbursement expenses."

The complaint also accuses O'Donnell of using campaign funds to pay for gas, meals and a bowling outing.

post #80 of 235
Quote:

A youthful Al Gore smoked plenty of pot, and also was also a pro-life senator.
A youthful Tipper Gore created the PMRC which puts all those wonderful labels on our music telling us the albums contain profanity.
A youthful Bill Clinton signed Don't Ask, Don't Tell and legislation for the V-chip.
A youthful Al Franken did SNL.
A youthful Bill Maher did movies call "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death" and "Bimbo Movie Bash".
A youthful Jon Stewart did work like "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" and "Half Baked".

Which one of these guys/gals is currently running for US senate?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "I dabbled into witchcraft." Quote NOT by Obama.