or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Buy or Wait? MBP 13"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buy or Wait? MBP 13"

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I am looking to get a macbook pro but i know when i buy it a few weeks later Apple is going to release an update on them. The MBP is 1049 right now which isnt a bad price but it also has a Core 2 Duo Im not looking for anything super powerful because my desktop has that taken care of. Would you guys wait or go for the 13 right now? The 15 is nice but the cheapest i can find it is 1599.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah62 View Post

I am looking to get a macbook pro but i know when i buy it a few weeks later Apple is going to release an update on them. The MBP is 1049 right now which isnt a bad price but it also has a Core 2 Duo Im not looking for anything super powerful because my desktop has that taken care of. Would you guys wait or go for the 13 right now? The 15 is nice but the cheapest i can find it is 1599.

Go look at the refurbs. more bang for your buck.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
I can go to AAFES and get it tax free too. Thats an easy way to save $100 now im just debating between the 13" and the 15"

Any speculation of when the next mbp will come out? October or November?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah62 View Post

I can go to AAFES and get it tax free too. Thats an easy way to save $100 now im just debating between the 13" and the 15"

Any speculation of when the next mbp will come out? October or November?


It's your call, but some of the refurb prices save you more than $100. Check out this link.

<http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac?mco=OTY2ODY3Nw>
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah62 View Post

Any speculation of when the next mbp will come out? October or November?

End of November is the time frame based on statistics alone. But there is nothing really compelling right now to base an update upon. My guess is not before the beginning of next year.
post #6 of 7
Go for the MBP now it is an excellent laptop and who really knows when they will be replaced by the new i series if they do come out? refurbs are a good choice.
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
i picked up the MBP 13" for 1099 at my local Military BX. Has anyone seen any speed tests of 4gb vs 8gb or an ssd test?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Buy or Wait? MBP 13"