or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › wealthcare or healthcare

wealthcare or healthcare

post #1 of 39
These are our choices.
give Steve Jobs a tax break
or
ask him to help out the people who have made him wealthy and ensure that all US citizens can live with dignity.

Please vote wisely.

How much morality is in saying to a person who's coming out of surgery: "your insurance has been cancelled."?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

These are our choices.
or
ask him to help out the people who have made him wealthy and ensure that all US citizens can live with dignity.

Please vote wisely.

How much morality is in saying to a person who's coming out of surgery: "your insurance has been cancelled."?

Nice try. Append "and anyone who pays taxes" to your first choice and it will be more accurate. Replace the word "ask" with "force", then replace "all US citizens can live with dignity" with "the government can get larger and assume more control over the lives of all U.S. citizens" and your second choice will be more accurate.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #3 of 39
Quote:

These are our choices....

Please vote wisely.

40 days to go before we throw the Democrat bums out, burn the ObamaCare legislation, and take our country back... Our choice is a return to America we knew before Obama ruined it!
post #4 of 39
Hi Mrs. Jones, how are the kids? How was church?
I hear you can't afford healthcare, fuck you!
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #5 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

40 days to go before we throw the Democrat bums out, burn the ObamaCare legislation, and take our country back... Our choice is a return to America we knew before Obama ruined it!

I'm thinking the next election won't be all you hope for.

Quote:
before Obama ruined it

You forgot about Bush being president long before Obama. I guess you also forgot who was president when the economic downturn started as well.

Once again tell me what the Republicans would do differently than they did in the first decade of this century which ended in the worst recession since the Great Depression? It's a simple question so do tell do tell. Surely you know what you're supporting?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #6 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I guess you also forgot who was president when the economic downturn started as well.

I guess you also forgot who was controlling congress when the economic downturn started as well.

Quote:

Once again tell me what the Republicans would do differently than they did in the first decade of this century which ended in the worst recession since the Great Depression? It's a simple question so do tell do tell. Surely you know what you're supporting?

Once again tell me what the Democrats would do differently than they did since taking over which made this recession worse? It's a simple question so do tell do tell. Surely you know what you're supporting?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #7 of 39
Quote:

These are our choices.
or

Please vote wisely.

False choice. ObamaCare is paid for by new taxes on medical equipment, cadillac plans, cuts to medicare, "doctor" fix that wont happen, taxes years before benefits to fudge the numbers. Just to name a few. Most of the new coverage comes from mandate.

Your ignorance is your politics.
post #8 of 39
Quote:

You forgot about Bush being president long before Obama.

Thank God for GWB. "Reagan ruined this country" was starting to get tired.
A is A
A is A
post #9 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I guess you also forgot who was controlling congress when the economic downturn started as well.

Once again tell me what the Democrats would do differently than they did since taking over which made this recession worse? It's a simple question so do tell do tell. Surely you know what you're supporting?

Quote:

My original question was in response to Campy talking about Obama so your statement isn't even a good joke. Plus The Democrats wrecked things in two years out of 8?

You have no answers to any of my questions so what does it matter? Long on volume short on substance that pretty much goes for most of the conservatives these days. Mimicing what I've said won't help you now. It would have been different perhaps if you had answered my questions but it's clear you can't or won't because you know the truth.
post #10 of 39
Allow me to expand your quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

ObamaCare is paid for by new taxes on medical equipment that will no longer be developed, cadillac plans that will cease to exist,

tanning salons that will close, premiums that will skyrocket... Add medicare cuts intended to kill off the elderly, and doctors who will pursue other professions rather than become government workers.

Forget about voodoo economics. Under Obamacare we'll simply have voodoo.
A is A
A is A
post #11 of 39
Quote:

Plus The Democrats wrecked things in two years out of 8?

When did Ds seize control of Congress? Would a picture help?
A is A
A is A
post #12 of 39
Quote:

The Democrats wrecked things in two years out of 8?

That's what I'm going with.

post #13 of 39
Quote:

My original question was in response to Campy talking about Obama so your statement isn't even a good joke. Plus The Democrats wrecked things in two years out of 8?.

Democrats have been in charge of Congress far longer than two years; actually double that so the deficit and the financial condition of the nation is more on them... Moreover, Democrats throughout the nation should be doubly concerned that liberals in power have yet to pass a budget this year - this is alarming!
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Democrats have been in charge of Congress far longer than two years; actually double that so the deficit and the financial condition of the nation is more on them... Moreover, Democrats throughout the nation should be doubly concerned that liberals in power have yet to pass a budget this year - this is alarming!

Quote:
Democrats have been in charge of Congress far longer than two years;

During the previous administration ( because that's what we're talking about ) show me how?

What's alarming is the misinformation coming from the right. The only thing that's worse is that they have nothing new from the stuff that got us here.
post #15 of 39
Quote:

That's what I'm going with.

You have no answers.
post #16 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

When did Ds seize control of Congress? Would a picture help?

Your reasoning is just a joke. Instead of your silly spin on this all one has to do is look at the bottom line of what came out of the last administration.
post #17 of 39
Quote:

Your reasoning is just a joke. Instead of your silly spin on this all one has to do is look at the bottom line of what came out of the last administration.

Is this the best you can do? Really? The man shows you some factual information that provides a potentially damning reflection on Democratic budget management and how that appears to correlate with the beginning of the recession and all you can claim is his "reasoning is just a joke?" Brilliant. Just brilliant.

post #18 of 39
Quote:

Bottom line of last Republican controlled Congress: $160 B deficit
Bottom line of current Democrat congress: $1500 B deficit

I have made dozens of posts regarding this inconvenient truth, with extensive references. No D-controlled Congress has balanced the Federal budget in over fifty years.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Quote:

Is this the best you can do? Really? The man shows you some factual information that provides a potentially damning reflection on Democratic budget management and how that appears to correlate with the beginning of the recession and all you can claim is his "reasoning is just a joke?" Brilliant. Just brilliant.

It's a recurring theme among libtards. Label history as "silly spin" and continue to delude yourself. It's probably the drugs.
A is A
A is A
post #19 of 39
Quote:

Bottom line of current Democrat congress: $1500 B deficit

I have made dozens of posts regarding this inconvenient truth, with extensive references. No D-controlled Congress has balanced the Federal budget in over fifty years.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

It's a recurring theme among libtards. Label history as "silly spin" and continue to delude yourself. It's probably the drugs.

Ever heard of "The Filibuster"?

Conservatives as we know are leaning toward bible values. Yet, they are willing to pay taxes to protect everyones property with the military, fire dept, police and legal system. This is the exact opposite of what Jesus teaches. He would give a shit if your house burns down or the US gets invaded by New Zealand, but he would try to save your life if you get cancer, Strangely Conservatives are completely unwilling to spend a dime on their neighbors health.

Socialized property protection = good.
Socialized health protection = bad.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #20 of 39
Quote:

Ever heard of "The Filibuster"?

Conservatives as we know are leaning toward bible values. Yet, they are willing to pay taxes to protect everyones property with the military, fire dept, police and legal system. This is the exact opposite of what Jesus teaches. He would give a shit if your house burns down or the US gets invaded by New Zealand, but he would try to save your life if you get cancer, Strangely Conservatives are completely unwilling to spend a dime on their neighbors health.

Property is protected by the U.S. Constitution. Health is not. Don't like it? Amend the constitution.

post #21 of 39
Wormhole, a simple question: Do you support or oppose slavery?

post #22 of 39
Quote:

Conservatives as we know are leaning toward bible values.

"Bible values"? Really? As in, thou shalt stone adulterers to death? Don't trim your beard? Don't wear clothes of mixed fibers? Don't eat the meat of animals with cloven hooves? Wow. Who would have thought conservatives and Islam had so much in common

It's a gratuitous assertion. The corollaries that follow may be just as gratuitously disregarded.

Quote:

You have fallen into the trap of thinking "mandatory insurance purchase" = "health".

You are not responsible for my health. I am.
A is A
A is A
post #23 of 39

post #24 of 39
Quote:

These are our choices.
or

Please vote wisely.

Those are not our choices. Those are the choices presented by someone engaging in a logical fallacy called a false dilemma.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #25 of 39
Quote:

"Bible values"? Really? As in, thou shalt stone adulterers to death? Don't trim your beard? Don't wear clothes of mixed fibers? Don't eat the meat of animals with cloven hooves? Wow. Who would have thought conservatives and Islam had so much in common

It's a gratuitous assertion. The corollaries that follow may be just as gratuitously disregarded.

You have fallen into the trap of thinking "mandatory insurance purchase" = "health".

You are not responsible for my health. I am.

But I am responsible for your property and I have to pay to insure your bank accounts and I have to pay so you can get a passport and I have to pay so you can get a fair trial and I have to pay so you can be safe when you fly and I have to pay so your free speech is protected and I have to pay for your rescue when you fall off a cliff and I have to pay for your kids education and I have to pay for the police when they respond to your 911 call and .....
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #26 of 39
Quote:

Wormhole, a simple question: Do you support or oppose slavery?

MJ1870 a simple question, can you ask any other questions than simpleton ones?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #27 of 39
Quote:

So you're not going to answer my question?

post #28 of 39
Quote:

Using the word "simpleton" is a banning offense.
post #29 of 39
Quote:

So you're not going to answer my question?

No...
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #30 of 39
Quote:

yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #31 of 39
Quote:

No...

No problem. I understand. I'll be forced to deduce your stance on that issue from your stance on other issues. Thanks.

post #32 of 39
Quote:

No problem. I understand. I'll be forced to deduce your stance on that issue from your stance on other issues. Thanks.

"no" is the republican mantra I thought you would like it.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Property is protected by the U.S. Constitution. Health is not. Don't like it? Amend the constitution.

How christian of you.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

How christian of you.

Are you saying we are a Christian nation?

post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Are you saying we are a Christian nation?

I think what he's saying is that we should just ignore the constitution and begin legislating Christian morality.

post #36 of 39
Quote:

I think what he's saying is that we should just ignore the constitution and begin legislating Christian morality.

That's what I thought he was saying.

So what does it mean when an atheist wants to legislate Christian morality and a Christian doesn't because it's blatantly unconstitutional?

post #37 of 39
You guys don't get to have it both ways. You need to live up to the standards that you set for yourselves.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You guys don't get to have it both ways. You need to live up to the standards that you set for yourselves.

Agreed. You don't get to have it both ways either. Question: Do we get to force others to live up to the standards we set for ourselves?

post #39 of 39
Interesting stats: Karl Rove's election fund gets between 91% and 97% of the donations from 3 individuals. Tea party receives 98% from only 2 individuals Totally Grassroots. yeah baby.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › wealthcare or healthcare