or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Democrats Can't Help Themselves...

Democrats Can't Help Themselves...

post #1 of 28
...but look incompetent by inviting comedians to formal Immigration Hearings on Capitol Hill! Haven't we had enough of Democrats making a mockery of our government?

Colbert Declines Lawmaker's Request to Exit Hearing on Illegal Immigrants
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...al-immigrants/
Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., chairman of the Judiciary Committee, tried to pull the plug on the Colbert's testimony in an effort "to get to the bottom" of the issue. "I would like to recommend that now we got all this attention that you excuse yourself and you let us get on with the three witnesses and all the other members there," he said. "I'm asking you to leave the committee room completely, and submit your statement." But Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., chairwoman of the subcommittee, who invited Colbert to testify, intervened. "Many are eager to hear his comments," she said.
post #2 of 28
Testimony to the House judiciary committee, uh huh. With a professional clown already on the Senate judiciary committee.

Why do I get the impression they're all laughing at us?
A is A
A is A
post #3 of 28
Of course they're laughing at us. Look at Obama's reaction when this woman says "I'm exhausted of defending you".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHv1ENYAulY

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Of course they're laughing at us. Look at Obama's reaction when this woman says "I'm exhausted of defending you".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHv1ENYAulY

I heard only fleeting comments about this exchange, and was waiting to learn more about it but the nooz media appears to have buried it. Witchcraft and masturbation are sooo much more relevant

What was O's answer to her question anyway?
A is A
A is A
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

The usual deflection, finger-pointing, and BS interspersed with a lot of "uh"s, "ah"s, and stuttering.

Basically the same talking point the Obamatons are regurgitating: "the stuff we've done has made things better, you just don't notice it yet".

Here's a clip that includes his answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnMMo8lVG5M

post #6 of 28
We have to remember the only other person of this nature who testified before Congress and then it gives us a sense of appropriateness.

The only other entertainer to testify in front Congress in character was....Elmo.

Democrats have found their winning ticket for the 2012 challenge to President Obama. Elmo/Colbert for the win!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #7 of 28
Colbert 'made mockery' of Congress

Of course, if the Republicans were still in charge, the Dems and their propagandists in the media would be applauding Colbert's antics.

post #8 of 28
Did you fucking watch what he said? He actually proposed a rather reasonable solution. There's nothing wrong with using fame to draw attention to an important issue and using satire to expose how horribly we've been approaching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Vonnegut

Jokes can be noble. Laughs are exactly as honorable as tears. Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion, to the futility of thinking and striving anymore. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward — and since I can start thinking and striving again that much sooner.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Did you ______ watch what he said? He actually proposed a rather reasonable solution. There's nothing wrong with using fame to draw attention to an important issue and using satire to expose how horribly we've been approaching it.

Like Al Gore using his fame to draw attention to "global warming", I mean "climate change", I mean "global climate disruption"?

Chill out.

post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Like Al Gore using his fame to draw attention to "global warming", I mean "climate change", I mean "global climate disruption"?

Chill out.

Did you watch what STEPHEN COLBERT said in THIS SINGLE TESTIMONY to THIS SINGLE CONGRESSIONAL HEARING?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #11 of 28
Quote:

Did you watch what STEPHEN COLBERT said in THIS SINGLE TESTIMONY to THIS SINGLE CONGRESSIONAL HEARING?

Yes. I thought the entire spectacle was hilarious.

post #12 of 28
And do you have a problem with the method he used in bringing attention to this issue?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #13 of 28
Not at all. I'm still trying to figure out why you're upset.

post #14 of 28
You go immediately off topic in this thread and then give me some bullshit response about Al Gore.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #15 of 28
Quote:

Did you watch...

Did we waste time paying attention to Democrats making a mockery of an Immigration Hearing?

No we didn't... 39 days from now we can watch these same Democrats stand in an unemployment line. Then we can watch thus quack Colbert make fun of Democrats and their antics...
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Did we waste time paying attention to Democrats making a mockery of an Immigration Hearing?

No we didn't... 39 days from now we can watch these same Democrats stand in an unemployment line. Then we can watch thus quack Colbert make fun of Democrats and their antics...

See, of course you didn't. You condemn things before you even view them for yourself. You're a bigger troll than trumpetman. Goodbye.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #17 of 28
Quote:

You go immediately off topic in this thread and then give me some bullshit response about Al Gore.

If you are so concerned about staying on topic, then why don't you?

post #18 of 28
Quote:

You're a bigger troll....

Trolling my own thread?

Is that the best you can do? Why not address the point at hand; i.e., Democrats got nothing at all on the Immigration issue so they're making a mockery of House hearings? Hell... even Democrat Chairman John Conyers’s attempted to throw Colbert out...
post #19 of 28
Quote:

See, of course you didn't. You condemn things before you even view them for yourself. You're a bigger troll than trumpetman. Goodbye.

Don't waste your time BR. Camp David can't answer questions anymore than the rest of them can so why worry?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #20 of 28
Quote:

And if it doesn't quite turn out that way?
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Quote:
A woman standshandsome, dignified, black, a person with presence. She looks as if she may be what she turns out to be, an Obama supporter who in 2008 put up street signs, passed out literature and tried to win over co-workers. As she later told the Washington Post, "I was thinking that the people who were against him and didn't believe in his agenda were completely insane."

Recognize anyone...?

Quote:
The media called 1994 "the year of the angry white male." That was the year of the Republican wave that yielded a GOP House for the first time in 40 years. "I look at this year as the Rage of the Bill-Paying Moms," Ms. Blackburn says. "They are saying 'How dare you, in your arrogance, cap the opportunities my child will have? You'll burden them with so much debt they won't be able to buy a house - all because you can't balance the budget.'"

Ask any man - "angry white males" are pussycats compared to one enraged Mom.

The Enraged vs. the Exhausted
A is A
A is A
post #22 of 28
Quote:

Oh I think I know what's bugging you. You're disappointed that you won't be able to see photos of Colbert's colonoscopy that he tried to have submitted into the Congressional record.

post #23 of 28

post #24 of 28
Quote:

The Colbert testimony was very good, imho. Why did you bother making a thread about something that you were ignorant of in the first place?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #25 of 28
Quote:

Trolling my own thread?

Is that the best you can do? Why not address the point at hand; i.e., Democrats got nothing at all on the Immigration issue so they're making a mockery of House hearings? Hell... even Democrat Chairman John Conyerss attempted to throw Colbert out...

Quote:
Trolling my own thread?

Why not? It goes with the entire concept of the thread.
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The Colbert testimony was very good, imho.

A bad comedian makes a mockery of the Immigration issue solely for his show's ratings, Democrats invite him to make a mockery of their Immigration Hearing in Congress, the cheap comedian jokes about the immigration issue within the Hearing, and you think his testimony was "very good"? If Moe, Larry, and Curly showed up instead would that garner an "Excellent" from you?
post #27 of 28
Quote:

... you think his testimony was "very good"? If Moe, Larry, and Curly showed up instead would that garner an "Excellent" from you?

Having sanctioned Congressional testimony from an entertainer, I'll assume Zoe Lofgren (D-California) will have no objection to hearing testimony from Rush Limbaugh. Or Brian (that's the dog, right?)
A is A
A is A
post #28 of 28
Quote:

A bad comedian makes a mockery of the Immigration issue solely for his show's ratings, Democrats invite him to make a mockery of their Immigration Hearing in Congress, the cheap comedian jokes about the immigration issue within the Hearing, and you think his testimony was "very good"? If Moe, Larry, and Curly showed up instead would that garner an "Excellent" from you?

I watched it, and you didn't - so I at least have some basis for my opinions, you just pull stuff out of your butt on this issue.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Democrats Can't Help Themselves...