or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Aliens have deactivated British and US nuclear missiles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aliens have deactivated British and US nuclear missiles

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
According to six former US airmen and another member of the military who interviewed or researched the evidence of 120 ex-military personnel as reported in the respected London newspaper The Daily Telegraph.

It seems the aliens have been active since 1948 and the ex-airmen have evidence and presented a dossier in Washington two days ago.

Quote:
Capt Salas continued: "I was on duty when an object came over and hovered directly over the site. "The missiles shut down - 10 Minuteman missiles. And the same thing happened at another site a week later. There's a strong interest in our missiles by these objects, wherever they come from. I personally think they're not from planet Earth."

Others claim to have seen similar activity in the UK.

Col Charles Halt said he saw a UFO at the former military base RAF Bentwaters, near Ipswich, 30 years ago, during which he saw beams of light fired into the base then heard on the military radio that aliens had landed inside the nuclear storage area.

He said: "I believe that the security services of both the United States and the United Kingdom have attempted - both then and now - to subvert the significance of what occurred at RAF Bentwaters by the use of well-practised methods of disinformation."

The Bentwaters case is highly documented and presents a problem that should be addressed - either:

1) An anomalous incident occurred which constitutes a massive and unexplained breach of National Security.

2) Aliens did in fact land at the base

3) Several members of the US Air Force top brass were - or are - clinically insane whilst on duty.

Any of these would be significant. None deserve sweeping under the carpet.

A fourth option that a 'rational explanation' was or could be found is not possible. Captain Halt and numerous others describe an actual craft on the ground and contact with alien beings. It is not a case of 'mistaking the light of a lighthouse' or 'Venus'.

Something is going on.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #2 of 29
I saw this the other day. At first glance, one kind of goes..."riiiiight." Who knows. It's an odd one, because it's an outrageously nuts claim supported by some seemingly stable and respectable people.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I saw this the other day. At first glance, one kind of goes..."riiiiight." Who knows. It's an odd one, because it's an outrageously nuts claim supported by some seemingly stable and respectable people.

Something odd is going on but we're not really free to try to think about what as it's tin-foil hat territory.

Serves many uses the 'conspiracy theorist' tag.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Something odd is going on but we're not really free to try to think about what as it's tin-foil hat territory.

Serves many uses the 'conspiracy theorist' tag.

The "conspiracy theory" label serves as a very powerful tool, used not only to decouple powers- that-be from major criminal acts and "evil doings", but also as a catch-all to discredit stories and events which are awkward to explain in conventional terms, or inconvenient material that invades the masses' comfort zone. The term is used liberally by the mass media in service of government, big business, or other entrenched powers.

The widespread use of the term "conspiracy theory" has become very much the bailiwick of the army of PSEUDO-SKEPTICS.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

According to six former US airmen and another member of the military who interviewed or researched the evidence of 120 ex-military personnel as reported in the respected London newspaper The Daily Telegraph.

It seems the aliens have been active since 1948 and the ex-airmen have evidence and presented a dossier in Washington two days ago.



The Bentwaters case is highly documented and presents a problem that should be addressed - either:

1) An anomalous incident occurred which constitutes a massive and unexplained breach of National Security.

2) Aliens did in fact land at the base

3) Several members of the US Air Force top brass were - or are - clinically insane whilst on duty.

Any of these would be significant. None deserve sweeping under the carpet.

A fourth option that a 'rational explanation' was or could be found is not possible. Captain Halt and numerous others describe an actual craft on the ground and contact with alien beings. It is not a case of 'mistaking the light of a lighthouse' or 'Venus'.

Something is going on.

Over the years it's been obvious that something is going on. What exactly is a good question. The fact that the government changed their story on what happened in Roswell shows that they aren't completely forthcoming on this subject and even their explanation of that was lacking. I do believe that they know more on this subject than they're admitting.

For me there's simply no question that we're not alone. To think that would be stupid. Have they been here before is another good question. The best evidence I've ever heard about was from the famous Betty and Barney Hill case. The star map Betty drew that didn't make sense until it was reversed ( viewed from another perspective ) isn't easily explained. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_a...Hill_abduction



So have we been visited? Hell I don't know. However if you want to question : " why not? " ( besides the vast nature of the universe and we're probably a back water planet and not that interesting ) just pick up a newspaper or watch some TV news. Would you want to come here? Where the words " Paranoid " And " Primative " get a great definitive example. Hell just reading AI would probably be enough to send them running! Or it could be " Don't fuck around with the petri dish ".

I believe we will know the truth about these items someday however.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Over the years it's been obvious that something is going on. What exactly is a good question. The fact that the government changed their story on what happened in Roswell shows that they aren't completely forthcoming on this subject and even their explanation of that was lacking. I do believe that they know more on this subject than they're admitting.

For me there's simply no question that we're not alone. To think that would be stupid. Have they been here before is another good question. The best evidence I've ever heard about was from the famous Betty and Barney Hill case. The star map Betty drew that didn't make sense until it was reversed ( viewed from another perspective ) isn't easily explained. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_a...Hill_abduction

I believe we will know the truth about these items someday.

If a spacecraft able to traverse interstellar distances crashed into earth, we should sue them ......
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

If a spacecraft able to traverse interstellar distances crashed into earth, we should sue them ......

Yeah! But for how much?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

If a spacecraft able to traverse interstellar distances crashed into earth, we should sue them ......

They don't have to be spacecraft - and even if they were, if they had evolved to such a technological level they must have outgrown the phase of 'money-based-commericalism'.

I don't think these incidents are aliens though personally. I like to think some ufos may be 'us' from the future when we've mastered time travel
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #9 of 29
Its odd that the issue of "UFO sightings" has seen little but the butt of cheap jokes, and has achieved a high "giggle factor". Humans have been seeing anomalous objects in the sky for thousands of years.. perfectly normal, sane, balanced humans who are not hallucuinating or with overactive imaginations.

In modern times, where scientific knowledge is at its broadest, one would have thought that natural human curiosity, which has fueled much scientific discovery especially in the last two centuries, would have promoted some kind of rigorous investigations/studies to try and get a handle on WTF is going on, what people have been seeing, and what radar has been reflecting, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

All we've got so far are very limited studies with limited funding, carried out by volunteers (such as those by MUFON etc). From governments and militaries, we've had a roaring silence, flat-out denials, even outright lies, threats/violence against witnesses, and a closed attitude. The infamous Roswell incident has had at least 5 different "explanations" from the US Air Force.... if one of these "explanations" happens to be true (which is doubtful), then the other 4 must be phony/false/garbage, by logical extension.

One of three perennial questions that so many people ask, (one being "Is there life after death") is "Is there life out there?". If some people on Earth have knowledge/proof that there is intelligent life outside of this planet/solar system, then do please tell us FFS. We are not a bunch of wimps. We're not idiots or morons. Were not ostriches. We can handle the truth. Really!! Religious faiths will survive such news. There is NO EXCUSE for the paranoia, secrecy and obfuscations; "national security" is also not a plausible excuse,since this is a potential issue for all humanity. I am sure we all want to know... its a part of our essential makeup.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #10 of 29
There are plenty of excuses for secrecy. It is easy to control the masses if information is restricted. To start with: What happens if you start questioning established authority in favor of more advanced aliens? What if you start a religion to worship the aliens instead of Jesus?
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
post #11 of 29
I can't say I'm very open to the idea of aliens and UFO's but I am open to there being secret FO's that some people have seen that will be made public when neccessary.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19694083/
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I like to think some ufos may be 'us' from the future when we've mastered time travel

For what its worth - I think our paths have almost fully diverged I didn't tell you at the time, because I though you'd think I was playing copycat...

But years ago...Your description was *exactly* what I saw late one evening when I popped out back for a cigarette. Cant remember the year, was probably about '98. I was quite busy that night, I watched for about 2 minutes things I would not be able to explain with current known tech, thought about it for 5 minutes, then went back to work. Forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Would be good if true, perhaps they only make contact with certain types of people.
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

There are plenty of excuses for secrecy. It is easy to control the masses if information is restricted. To start with: What happens if you start questioning established authority in favor of more advanced aliens? What if you start a religion to worship the aliens instead of Jesus?

Many religious cults do practically worship aliens or at least have them as a core belief.

I am not one who believes that info about alien reality is being slowly leaked as would seem to be the case with Sammi Jo's contention above but it certainly seems lately that something like that is going on.

There is a steady build-up of such articles almost on a daily basis. This Telegraph one cited for example and these:

Vatican says aliens could exist

Hawking warns on aliens

Planet ripe for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I can't say I'm very open to the idea of aliens and UFO's but I am open to there being secret FO's that some people have seen that will be made public when neccessary.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19694083/

For sure the vast majority of sightings would come under mistakes, loons, hoaxes and stealth/secret FOs such as these.

But there are some hardcore cases where some sort of interaction with beings took place - most of these are probably nutters but the RAF/USAF Bentwaters case and some others where MIlitary personnel are involved seem more difficult to explain.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Many religious cults do practically worship aliens or at least have them as a core belief.

I am not one who believes that info about alien reality is being slowly leaked as would seem to be the case with Sammi Jo's contention above but it certainly seems lately that something like that is going on.

There is a steady build-up of such articles almost on a daily basis. This Telegraph one cited for example and these:

Vatican says aliens could exist

Hawking warns on aliens

Planet ripe for life



For sure the vast majority of sightings would come under mistakes, loons, hoaxes and stealth/secret FOs such as these.

But there are some hardcore cases where some sort of interaction with beings took place - most of these are probably nutters but the RAF/USAF Bentwaters case and some others where MIlitary personnel are involved seem more difficult to explain.

Maybe when GW makes this planet unihabitable for humans in their current form we'll have developed new humans to compensate that can survive in 150 degree weather etc.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #15 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Maybe when GW makes this planet unihabitable for humans in their current form we'll have developed new humans to compensate that can survive in 150 degree weather etc.

Maybe...I still like the idea that we are sort of 'Intergalactic Nomads' as it were and that we kind of move from planet to planet when we fuck one up.

We have to start again when we get a new one and that's the origin of 'Adam and Eve' myths and such like - maybe even the technical and scientific knowledge we have at the start somehow degenerates into myth and religion over the millennia we are on a specific planet.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Maybe...I still like the idea that we are sort of 'Intergalactic Nomads' as it were and that we kind of move from planet to planet when we fuck one up.

We have to start again when we get a new one and that's the origin of 'Adam and Eve' myths and such like - maybe even the technical and scientific knowledge we have at the start somehow degenerates into myth and religion over the millennia we are on a specific planet.

It's probably only a matter of time before we have to become "intergalactal nomads". Given we're 99% chimpanzee, or close to it, I think that pretty much excludes our galactic travelling past, doesn't it?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It's probably only a matter of time before we have to become "intergalactal nomads". Given we're 99% chimpanzee, or close to it, I think that pretty much excludes our galactic travelling past, doesn't it?

Probably. Unless it was a sort of intergalactic Noah's Ark.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

They don't have to be spacecraft - and even if they were, if they had evolved to such a technological level they must have outgrown the phase of 'money-based-commericalism'.

I don't think these incidents are aliens though personally. I like to think some ufos may be 'us' from the future when we've mastered time travel

Well than they should have picked a planet to crash that has outgrown the phase of 'money-based-commericalism' as well. Here on earth if you damage someone's property and don't have insurance, you get sued.

UFOs are mostly magnetic anomalies of our planet. These field line knots can not only heat the atmosphere and cause odd visual affects but they can move at extreme speeds. They also cause hallucinations in the human brain's right hemisphere. Combine mass hallucinations with strange visual phenomena caused by photons reacting to the magnetic fields and you'll get gods riding fiery wagons across the sky.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #19 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Here in the US if you damage someone's property and don't have insurance, you get sued.

Fixed that for you.... but it's a given that any intelligent life might well try to avoid the US for many reasons....could be why they haven't actually landed but merely buzz about in the stratosphere.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Fixed that for you.... but it's a given that any intelligent life might well try to avoid the US for many reasons....could be why they haven't actually landed but merely buzz about in the stratosphere.

I agree. However if they come at night they would go to Las Vegas or LA for sure.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #21 of 29
Don't get me started on the planet may be inhabitable discovery. It is 20 light years away. But you are right, the global media which is used to control public opinion has started pushing such stories a little more these days.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Don't get me started on the planet may be inhabitable discovery. It is 20 light years away. But you are right, the global media which is used to control public opinion has started pushing such stories a little more these days.

The reason they're pushing them more these days is because of the new technique they use to find smaller earthlike worlds is new.

This has made the average disccovery of these smaller rocky worlds ( unlike the gas giants we were finding with the old wobble technique ) accelerate. So we've gone from 30 to over 700 extrasolar planets in a short time. Also when they launch the Webb telescope to replace the Hubble that should help in the search. It has more than 6 times the light gathering power of the Hubble.

As to Gliese 581g it's has 3 to 4 times the mass of the earth so living there wouldn't be very comfortable to us. Update : I stand corrected. On the surface you would experience 1 to 1.5 Gs. So it might be the place to go for muscle building!

Here's an article about the man who discovered it : http://io9.com/5653433/the-astrophys...n-second-earth

Also it has one side constantly facing it's parent star. But one of these times they're going to find something close to what we have right here. I'm betting in just a few years. However as you say Glise is 20 light years away and we can't even come close to traveling that far today. But some day we will.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #23 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The reason they're pushing them more these days is because of the new technique they use to find smaller earthlike worlds is new.

This has made the average disccovery of these smaller rocky worlds ( unlike the gas giants we were finding with the old wobble technique ) accelerate. So we've gone from 30 to over 700 extrasolar planets in a short time.

As to Glise 581g it's has 3 to 4 times the mass of the earth so living there wouldn't be very comfortable to us. Also it has one side constantly facing it's parent star. But one of these times they're going to find something close to what we have right here. I'm betting in just a few years. However as you say Glise is 20 light years away and we can't even come close to traveling that far today. But some day we will.

I think Jimmac meant pushing stories relating to alien life though...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I think Jimmac meant pushing stories relating to alien life though...

Well if you ask my wife maybe they're getting ready for something.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It's probably only a matter of time before we have to become "intergalactal nomads". Given we're 99% chimpanzee, or close to it, I think that pretty much excludes our galactic travelling past, doesn't it?

dont forget were also 50% banana according to dmz, which was my point the other day about there being a 3 billion year gap between when life arrived on Earth, to now. If Aliens dropped us off here, then it must have been as primitive cells 3 billiion years ago, because it is almost inconceivable that genuine Alien life would be reproductively compatible with whatever life had evolved on Earth

So I think we can discount genuine aliens, unless we accept a gap of billions of years, which discredits the idea that humans could have encoded this kind of origin into religious scripts - but I very much agree with the notion that UFO's could from our future selves
.
That would explain their elusiveness - because of the grandfather paradox, genuine aliens could interfere as much as they liked because they wouldn't be effecting their own timeline, future humans, couldn't change a thing lest they jepordize their own existance.

Maybe they just give shows to people who are capable of believing.
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

dont forget were also 50% banana according to dmz, which was my point the other day about there being a 3 billion year gap between when life arrived on Earth, to now. If Aliens dropped us off here, then it must have been as primitive cells 3 billiion years ago, because it is almost inconceivable that genuine Alien life would be reproductively compatible with whatever life had evolved on Earth

So I think we can discount genuine aliens, unless we accept a gap of billions of years, which discredits the idea that humans could have encoded this kind of origin into religious scripts - but I very much agree with the notion that UFO's could from our future selves
.
That would explain their elusiveness - because of the grandfather paradox, genuine aliens could interfere as much as they liked because they wouldn't be effecting their own timeline, future humans, couldn't change a thing lest they jepordize their own existance.

Maybe they just give shows to people who are capable of believing.

That would explain their elusiveness - because of the grandfather paradox, genuine aliens could interfere as much as they liked because they wouldn't be effecting their own timeline

Above by markuk.

Mark your assuming aliens don't make mistakes. Granted they've got a leg up with time travel. But think about early experiments etc... major fuck ups!!
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

That would explain their elusiveness - because of the grandfather paradox, genuine aliens could interfere as much as they liked because they wouldn't be effecting their own timeline

Above by markuk.

Mark your assuming aliens don't make mistakes. Granted they've got a leg up with time travel. But think about early experiments etc... major fuck ups!!

not really sure what you men about the early experiments? our early experiments or the aliens?

Heres an interesting new article by Seth Shostak - incidently, if you want to see an engaging and enthusiastic speaker, look him up on youTube or iTunes University...

http://www.physorg.com/news205144539.html

It is quite interesting, because if you think about it, if intelligence has flourished even once in the universe apart from us, it is quite likely that they have, if they survived long enough moved from organic intelligence to machine intelligence. If they are an older civilization than humans, then it is quite likely that, if its physically possible, and that intelligence doesn't self destroy itself, their machine intelligence has spread out and dominated the universe,

which makes us probably just an experiment.

Maybe the key to everlasting life, is to make yourself as interesting as possible during your human life, so that the machines wish to immortalize you. Perhaps the machines view humanity as an art experiment, to see what kind of new expression we can make that a machine cant.
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

Maybe the key to everlasting life, is to make yourself as interesting as possible during your human life, so that the machines wish to immortalize you. Perhaps the machines view humanity as an art experiment, to see what kind of new expression we can make that a machine cant.

Or re-incarnate as a jelly fish or hydra, turritopsis nutricula.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

not really sure what you men about the early experiments? our early experiments or the aliens?

Heres an interesting new article by Seth Shostak - incidently, if you want to see an engaging and enthusiastic speaker, look him up on youTube or iTunes University...

http://www.physorg.com/news205144539.html

It is quite interesting, because if you think about it, if intelligence has flourished even once in the universe apart from us, it is quite likely that they have, if they survived long enough moved from organic intelligence to machine intelligence. If they are an older civilization than humans, then it is quite likely that, if its physically possible, and that intelligence doesn't self destroy itself, their machine intelligence has spread out and dominated the universe,

which makes us probably just an experiment.

Maybe the key to everlasting life, is to make yourself as interesting as possible during your human life, so that the machines wish to immortalize you. Perhaps the machines view humanity as an art experiment, to see what kind of new expression we can make that a machine cant.

Humans haven't yet gone far off into space and observed life forms, but they may, and when they do they'll no doubt be unprepared and will screw things up until they basically get the hang of it. Therefore we should be on the lookout for aliens that slip up. Invisible etc to radar and the human eye they might be, but supposing they aren't invisible when their in a certain gas, say methane, but they don't know that we know that. We could shoot clouds of methane into outerspace and discover their crafts etc.

Will YouTube!
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Aliens have deactivated British and US nuclear missiles