or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › We don't need no water

We don't need no water

post #1 of 128
let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker. Burn.

Put the fucking fire out and charge the homeowners, for fuck's sake. Or just put the damn thing out because it's the right thing to do. When did we start treating our neighbors like this? This is absolutely absurd.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #2 of 128
God Bless America
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 128
All fire services should be privatized. Riiight.
post #4 of 128
My heart goes out to these people, but was it not their responsibility to insure themselves against this situation by paying the $75?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #5 of 128
Why doesn't the government pay these private firefighters?
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #6 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Why doesn't the government pay these private firefighters?

Because that's what pinko commie liberals do - I'd rather have my house burnt down yes sir..
post #7 of 128
It would have been Unconstitutional to put the fire out I think.

The Market Takes Care of Everything. Apart from in those times when profit is more important than community. Which is always and every time forever and ever.

My heart goes out to them too, but its their own stupid fucking fault for being poor.
post #8 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

It would have been Unconstitutional to put the fire out I think.

The Market Takes Care of Everything. Apart from in those times when profit is more important than community. Which is always and every time forever and ever.

My heart goes out to them too, but its their own stupid fucking fault for being poor.

Pretty good example of this kind of thinking. They could have spared some water and addressed it after the fire was out and hadn't spread to the other house. Will they gain subscibers after this? How do the locals feel about their fire service now? How stupid.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #9 of 128
Let me see if I understand this. A person knew of a risk to their home. Had an extremely affordable option to guard against this risk. Chose to not take advantage of this option. And this is who's fault?

I'm also curious whether or not they had homeowner's insurance or not that covered fires.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #10 of 128
" Let them eat cake! "

post #11 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Let me see if I understand this. A person knew of a risk to their home. Had an extremely affordable option to guard against this risk. Chose to not take advantage of this option. And this is who's fault?

I'm also curious whether or not they had homeowner's insurance or not that covered fires.

"Propert rights, property rights!" ...or else... "burn, burn!"

post #12 of 128
Free market firefighting would have had a curb side credit card swipe with immediate service.
post #13 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

"Propert rights, property rights!" ...or else... "burn, burn!"

No, really, seriously. I'll lay it out again:

A person knew of a risk to their home. Had an extremely affordable option to guard against this risk. Freely chose to not take advantage of this option. Who's at fault here?

post #14 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Free market firefighting would have had a curb side credit card swipe with immediate service.

I'm guessing you're absolutely right.

post #15 of 128
Quote:

The next step: Setting the fires instead of putting them out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_451

post #16 of 128
Quote:

Exactly who the FUCK are you to know what was affordable to them!?

Whose fault or not, did the fire authority do the right thing? Better yet, did they do what Jesus would do?
post #17 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Whose fault or not, did the fire authority do the right thing? Better yet, did they do what Jesus would do?

Good question!

What if this could happen?

Yeah. I can see that! Uh huh.
post #18 of 128
Quote:

Probably. And that would be a fucking fantastic thing for the 30% of Americans who don't have a credit card. Or the people who don't like to carry their card with them. Or the people whose card is inside the house as it's burning down.

But that's how free market works sometimes.
post #19 of 128
Quote:

I know he could afford a house. But you're right, I don't know for sure what he could or could not afford.

Quote:

Whose fault or not, did the fire authority do the right thing

I would have given the guy the chance to pay the fee right then and there and make good on it. That's definitely a mistake they made.

Quote:

Better yet, did they do what Jesus would do?

Nope.

post #20 of 128
tonton you may want to reach down and pull your panties out of your camel toe.
post #21 of 128
From the article:

Quote:
Mr Cranick said: "I thought they'd come out and put it out, even if you hadn't paid your $75, but I was wrong."

So he expected a free ride. His neighbors were paying for this subscription-based service for their own homes and he expected to get the same service for free. This entitlement mentality is what is destroying this country.

Quote:
His wife said the couple had offered to pay the fire fighters whatever was necessary for them to extinguish the flames, but the officers refused.

What makes you think they were poor? They took a gamble by not paying the $75 subscription and they lost. I bet you lunch that they had cable or satellite TV.

post #22 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

From the article:

So he expected a free ride. His neighbors were paying for this subscription-based service for their own homes and he expected to get the same service for free. This entitlement mentality is what is destroying this country.

What makes you think they were poor? They took a gamble by not paying the $75 subscription and they lost. I bet you lunch that they had cable or satellite TV.

Wow!

Just wow!

I want to vote for your party!
post #23 of 128
Quote:

tonton you may want to reach down and pull your panties out of your camel toe.

I'd watch out before you get caught with yours down!
post #24 of 128
I think it's clear that liberals want free choice without any (negative) consequences. There's a word to describe stuff like that: Fantasy.

post #25 of 128
Quote:

My heart goes out to these people, but was it not their responsibility to insure themselves against this situation by paying the $75?

I thought you didn't care about outcomes.

Quote by you "I want equal opportunity. I don't care about outcomes."

post #26 of 128
I feel for these people, I really do. And I would offer them whatever aid or assistance I could during this difficult time.

But were I in their situation, I would not punch out the fire chief.

I would be angry at myself for not doing what was necessary to protect my own property.

post #27 of 128
Quote:

I feel for these people, I really do. And I would offer them whatever aid or assistance I could during this difficult time.

But were I in their situation, I would not punch out the fire chief.

I would be angry at myself for not doing what was necessary to protect my own property.

When you lose everything you own to a stupid situation I think it's difficult to say what exactly you'd do.
post #28 of 128
Quote:

I think its clear that liberals want free choice without any (negative) consequences. There's a word to describe stuff like that: Fantasy.

How do you know these folks were liberals. They could have been card carrying Libertarians for all you know.
post #29 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

When you lose everything you own to a stupid situation I think it's difficult to say what exactly you'd do.

This so-called "stupid situation" could have been avoided if these people had taken responsibility for their own property.

post #30 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

How do you know these folks were liberal.

I don't. I wasn't talking about them (necessarily). They actually seemed reasonable contrite and willing to admit responsibility for their risky choices.

post #31 of 128
Quote:

This so-called "stupid situation" could have been avoided if these people had taken responsibility for their own property.

Maybe they couldn't. Maybe they were desperate and took a chance. You or I have no idea of their personal circumstances. It's still stupid! Especially since they let it go so far as to endanger the other house!. Dumb!
post #32 of 128
If I were the fire chief, I would have put out the fire and figured things out afterward.

post #33 of 128
Quote:

If I were the fire chief, I would have put out the fire and figured things out afterward.

I believe I've already said that.

Quote:
They could have spared some water and addressed it after the fire was out and hadn't spread to the other house.

The right thing to do.
post #34 of 128
Quote:

I would have given the guy the chance to pay the fee right then and there and make good on it. That's definitely a mistake they made.

Looking at it from purely a business perspective isn't it likely that they might lose subscribers if whenever there was a fire people could just pay on the spot if they weren't insured? If you don't pay the insurance and then aren't allowed to pay when there's a fire any amount, ie the full bill, then people better have insurance, or else.

post #35 of 128
Also, profanity-laden rants don't really drive the point home for me. I don't understand why people feel the need to use such language.

(Queue the profanity-laden responses.)

post #36 of 128
I heard it was not a case of not paying the bills - it seems the Firefighters were in the Tea Party and had only just heard that Pastor Jones planned a Qur'an burning and they thought that was it so they left it alone...

Oh and 'fuck'.

post #37 of 128
Huh. I heard it was the Earth Liberation Front who mistook the house for an SUV dealership.

I guess we'll never really know.

post #38 of 128
Quote:

It would have been smart to have a service fee for those that did not pay upfront already planned out. Stupid is as stupid does.
post #39 of 128
Quote:

It would have been smart to have a service fee for those that did not pay upfront already planned out. Stupid is as stupid does.

Speaking from personal experience, I once lived in a community that had subscription-based fire and ambulance service. It was an unincorporated community.

The fee was much higher, like $300 per year.

They would still come to your aid when needed, even if you hadn't purchased a subscription. But it was made very clear that you would be responsible for the costs involved, which were much higher than $300 per year.

We didn't pay for the subscription and we took full responsibility for that decision. Fortunately, we didn't have need for those services.

It was a risk we were willing to take and it worked out for us. I'm sorry it didn't for these people.

post #40 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker. Burn.

Put the fucking fire out and charge the homeowners, for fuck's sake. Or just put the damn thing out because it's the right thing to do. When did we start treating our neighbors like this? This is absolutely absurd.

Charge the home owners? Obviously if the home owners could have paid it, they would have done so merely out of communal spirit and goodness of their own hearts.

You need to properly assign blame here like you typically do.

First the blame isn't on the home owner or the fire chief. They were merely the pawns of the faceless and nameless "RICH" who should have given up enough money so that the fire chief didn't have to even worry about collecting this money in the first place.

Secondly, the blame is on all the neighbors. Clearly they should have just been willing to pay $100 for this service so that Gene and Paulette Cranick didn't have to pay anything. They are so mean for not giving more so that those two could give less or none.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › We don't need no water