or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where is Bush?

Where is Bush?

post #1 of 97
It is extremely unusual for a living former president of any party to be completely absent in an election. We have not heard a single word from him or Cheney. Since so many people think he was the greatest president ever why is he hiding? Where is his support for the Republican nominees? What does he think of the tea party?
Is this the admission of the right that he is not presentable or a danger to their agenda?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

It is extremely unusual for a living former president of any party to be completely absent in an election. We have not heard a single word from him or Cheney. Since so many people think he was the greatest president ever why is he hiding? Where is his support for the Republican nominees? What does he think of the tea party?
Is this the admission of the right that he is not presentable or a danger to their agenda?

Bush has been extremely busy as this article points out:

Bush Still Working On Manned Mission To Mars Quietly In Spare Time

Quote:
DALLASSpeaking from his home in Dallas, former president George W. Bush told reporters Tuesday that when he's not busy giving lectures or writing his memoirs, he spends most of his spare time working on the manned mission to Mars he proposed in January 2004.

"This is genuinely important to me," said Bush, looking over sketches of potential rocket systems he had drawn up while waiting for his oil to be changed at a service station earlier this week. "I wasn't kidding when I announced a plan to get us to Mars, by God, and I intend to finish what I started. That's why I try to carve out a little time before lunch and after dinner to work on this important interplanetary initiative."

"It's a big project," Bush added. "Lots of little details to work out."

He also frequently watches the PBS program Nova.

"It's the first thing I think of when I wake up after having some breakfast and doing the crossword," Bush said. "Ask anyone: Whenever I have a spare minute, I'm always thinking about how to put astronauts on the surface of Mars."

"And Laura knows not to bother me on Saturday afternoons when I don't have a speaking engagement or a golf match to go to," Bush added. "That's my Mars time."

Working from the makeshift basement office he refers to as "Mission Control 2," Bush said he has grappled with some of the major issues surrounding a manned mission to Mars. For months he's been jotting down notes about how zero gravity would affect the bone density and muscle mass of the crew, and he spends about five minutes during his morning jog each day coming up with ideas for safely storing a year's worth of onboard oxygen.

Sometimes, Bush said, potential solutions come not when he's reading about the Red Planet's inhospitable surface conditions on Wikipedia or brainstorming shuttle names through free-association exercises, but when he's not thinking about the historic 34- million-mile voyage at all.

"Just last week, I was out in the garden tending to the tomatoes when it hit me: The astronauts should grow their own food to eat on their spaceship," Bush said. "I'm not saying I have all the specifics down just yet, but how the astronauts going to Mars will eat is at least one thing the next president won't have to worry about."

Bush recently started a blog devoted entirely to his thoughts about setting up a permanent colony on Mars. To achieve this, he writes on MarsUSA.blogspot.com, the astronauts will need to bring materials for building a sustainable base on the planet, and be able to convert water in the Martian soil into hydrogen and oxygen for the trip home.

"That's just common sense," Bush said. "All the science-fiction writers know that."

Bush admitted that he didn't have as much time as he would like to devote to the mission, but assured reporters he would never give up on something so important. While the challenges may seem insurmountable, he said, the greatest hope for man to achieve the incredible goal of landing on the surface of Mars lies in exploiting as-yet undiscovered technologies to overcome the incredibly daunting physical distances involved.

"I'm pretty busy right now, but when I get a spare 30 minutes, I'm going to start working on that," Bush said while flipping through a copy of Scientific American. "I'll have my friend Jerry from down the road come over and crunch some of the numbers for me. He's good with computers."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bus...s-quiet,18154/
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #3 of 97
Quote:

It is extremely unusual for a living former president of any party to be completely absent in an election.

Really? I don't recall any president other than Clinton who did anything but stay quiet and out of sight. Historically, it's been an unofficially observed common courtesy of most Presidents. Leave it to Clinton to disregard tradition.

Heck, Bush couldn't wait to leave the slimehole Washington became halfway through his second term. Didn't you hear the Secret Service caught him climbing the fence one night, trying to escape? They told him he'd have to remain until January 20, 2009.

Don't expect O to go gently into that good night either. I'm looking forward to his frequent appearances on the six figure lecture and book signing circuit after 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Bush has been extremely busy as this article points out:

Bush Still Working On Manned Mission To Mars Quietly In Spare Time

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bus...s-quiet,18154/

In other equally hilarious, but totally fictitious Onion news,

Besides, I can't imagine Bush actually pronouncing "interplanetary". That gave it away, right there.
A is A
A is A
post #4 of 97
Quote:

Where is Bush?

Oh he must be still around... Obama's still blaming him for everything!!!

post #5 of 97
He's golfing a lot, taking numerous vacations, fulfilling various speaking engagements, writing a book...just like Obama!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #6 of 97
Quote:

Quote:
Where is Bush?

Hiding under a rock!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #7 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Hiding under a rock!

Given what Obama and the Democrats are doing to this country, can you blame him?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #8 of 97
Perhaps he and Rick Perry are planning Texas's secession from the Union?

Hey, you're building that fence on the wrong border!
A is A
A is A
post #9 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Given what Obama and the Democrats are doing to this country, can you blame him?

The bad times started with him. I know you like to spin, cover up, and forget about that but I'm just not going to let you.
post #10 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Perhaps he and Rick Perry are planning Texas's secession from the Union?

Hey, you're building that fence on the wrong border!

Let em'! Then they can try to fend off the Mexican army by themselves!

And they think they have a problem with aliens now!
post #11 of 97
Quote:

The bad times started with him. I know you like to spin, cover up, and forget about that but I'm just not going to let you.

I do?

I mean I know that "you like to spin, cover up, and forget about" Obama's failures thus far. But I have no particular love for Bush.

I also know that "you like to spin, cover up, and forget about" the Democrats' complicity in all of this, but I'm just not going to let you.

post #12 of 97
Quote:

I do?

I mean I know that "you like to spin, cover up, and forget about" Obama's failures thus far. But I have no particular love for Bush.

I also know that "you like to spin, cover up, and forget about" the Democrats' complicity in all of this, but I'm just not going to let you.

This thread isn't about Obama.
post #13 of 97
Quote:

I know. But since you (and others) freely bring up Bush in just about any other thread whether related to him or not, this only seemed fair.

post #14 of 97
Quote:

Let em'! Then they can try to fend off the Mexican army by themselves!

And they think they have a problem with aliens now!

Let them. The Federal government isn't helping.

My money's on Texas.
A is A
A is A
post #15 of 97
Conservatives have no opinion about Bush's absence from this election other than "Obama is blaming him that's why he is hiding on his solar powered ranch."

No one has answered any of the questions in the opening post.
No one is trying for an explanation.

They admit to his failure by non engagement.

If Bush would stick his face out right now the Dems would gain another 20 seats in the senate at least. But he was the greatest president ever and had nothing to do with the recession or the loss of US standing in the world.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #16 of 97
Quote:

Conservatives have no opinion about Bush's absence from this election other than "Obama is blaming him that's why he is hiding on his solar powered ranch."

No one has answered any of the questions in the opening post.
No one is trying for an explanation.

Maybe because the best answer is "who cares?"

post #17 of 97
0/10

the obvious troll is obvious

post #18 of 97
Quote:

Maybe because the best answer is "who cares?"

Criminals are hiding.
Terrorists are hiding.
Bush is hiding.
Who cares.
Start a few wars, implode the US economy by 2.7 trillion, suspend habeas corpus, who cares?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #19 of 97
Quote:

Criminals are hiding.
Terrorists are hiding.
Bush is hiding.
Who cares.

post #20 of 97
Quote:

Actually it is about Obama. See blaming Bush isn't working for Democrats so they are wondering if they could find the man and perhaps parade him around a bit to try to improve their sad lot.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #21 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actually it is about Obama. See blaming Bush isn't working for Democrats so they are wondering if they could find the man and perhaps parade him around a bit to try to improve their sad lot.

Everything is about Obama......
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #22 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Everything is about Obama......

He likes it that way.

post #23 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

He likes it that way.

yes...It's very worrying. He's clearly fixated.

I don't recall him being so obsessed with Bush and you would have thought Bush was his wet-dream.
post #24 of 97
Quote:

I know. But since you (and others) freely bring up Bush in just about any other thread whether related to him or not, this only seemed fair.

Being off topic is fair. Interesting!

" I am not a Republican "

Sure MJ. Sure.
post #25 of 97
Quote:

Let them. The Federal government isn't helping.

My money's on Texas.

My money is on them speaking spanish as their native language within a year.
post #26 of 97
Quote:

Being off topic is fair. Interesting!

" I am not a Republican "

Sure MJ. Sure.

post #27 of 97
Back on topic:

Bush, Cheney speak to insurance group in Colorado
AP Tue Oct 5, 2:50 pm ET
Quote:
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney spoke at the same Colorado venue on separate days this week, though it's not clear whether they saw each other.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101005/...hjaGVuZXlzcA--
post #28 of 97
Why do I get the feeling that if he was speaking up and being more prominent all the leftists would be saying he ought to sit down and shut up.

Although I guess this concern about Bush does make sense, in addition to being their go to guy for buck passing purposes and forever stuck in the past, they cannot seem to fathom a president who can't keep his mouth shut and must inject himself into every issue no matter how small or irrelevant to his official duties.

post #29 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

yes...It's very worrying. He's clearly fixated.

Obama's a legend in his own mind...
post #30 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

He likes it that way.

That's clear. So much for difference between conservative indepedence and republicans.
post #31 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Obama's a legend in his own mind...

How original!

Did you come up with that one all by yourself or did you have help?
post #32 of 97
Quote:

Sure.
post #33 of 97
Quote:

Did you come up with that one all by yourself or did you have help?

It dawned on me when the official seal of the president FELL OFF OBAMA'S PODIUM... The Alfred E. Neuman Administration to be sure...
post #34 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

It dawned on me when the official seal of the president FELL OFF OBAMA'S PODIUM... The Alfred E. Neuman Administration to be sure...

post #35 of 97
Quote:

and forever stuck in the past,

Ahhhh the past, a beautiful place....
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #36 of 97
Besides working on the space program--see above, been writing a book

Taking pre-orders
http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/fea...george-w-bush/

Quote:
Request an Autographed Bookplate
We regret that books mailed to President George W. Bush cannot be returned to you. Due to shipping costs and logistical concerns, it is not possible for President Bush to autograph copies of Decision Points sent through the mail. Please understand that we cannot accept responsibility for any books delivered to him.

President Bush will sign a limited number of Decision Points bookplates. To request an autographed insert for your copy of the book, please write:
Decision Points
Office of George W. Bush
Post Office Box 259000
Dallas, Texas 75225-9000
Be sure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope; your full name; and the name of the bookplate recipient (if different).
post #37 of 97
AND working on his library while defending the county in his spare time:

http://www.georgewbush.org/

Quote:
Welcome to the future home of the officious George W. Bush Presidential Library. This patriotic website will serve as an authoritative digital archive, dedicated to preserving and celebrating the godly legacy of the most honest, peaceful, and intelligent leader in the 6,000 year history of the planet Earth.

But as you can see by the date, they are having a hard time filling the library---that's why he wrote a book to fill the library.
post #38 of 97
Quote:

No that's completely normal. What's abnormal is a former president injecting themselves into current issues before the white house. Carter has come close to disgracing himself in the past.
post #39 of 97
Quote:

My money is on them speaking spanish as their native language within a year.

Para Ingles, pulse dos.

I can do that
A is A
A is A
post #40 of 97
Quote:

Para Ingles, pulse dos.

I can do that

Me, too!

Taco, chmichanga, el pollo loco...man...I'm getting hungry...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where is Bush?