or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where is Bush?

Where is Bush? - Page 2

post #41 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

No that's completely normal. What's abnormal is a former president injecting themselves into current issues before the white house. Carter has come close to disgracing himself in the past.

I have yet to see an ad by the GOP that touts the party's achievements of the 21st century.

If you can help them please list GOP achievements here:
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #42 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

I have yet to see an ad by the GOP that touts the party's achievements of the 21st century.

Where did that non sequitur come from?
post #43 of 97
Quote:

On the other hand, the Democrat achievements amount to something the Rs have been unable to do on their own for years: unify the Republican party.
A is A
A is A
post #44 of 97
Quote:

So you are saying the Republican party has achieved:

Cool.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #45 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

On the other hand, the Democrat achievements amount to something the Rs have been unable to do on their own for years: unify the Republican party.

So the Dems are achievers, we know that, now please list one of your favorite Republican achievement like I asked, please, please.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #46 of 97
Quote:

So you are saying the Republican party has achieved:

Cool.

Huh? This thread is about Bush keeping a low profile. I reply that that's normal. You reply with non sequitur. And here we are. Help me out.
post #47 of 97
Quote:

Huh? This thread is about Bush keeping a low profile. I reply that that's normal. You reply with non sequitur. And here we are. Help me out.

Bush is a Republican, ja? He was the leader of the Republican party for 8 years, ja? Bush achievements = Republican achievements, ja?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #48 of 97
I think the black pres has split the repubs. Lots of TP's and repubs are at odds.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #49 of 97
Quote:

Bush is a Republican, ja? He was the leader of the Republican party for 8 years, ja? Bush achievements = Republican achievements, ja?

CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

Quote:
By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago.

(How's that for a non sequitur?)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #50 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

(How's that for a non sequitur?)

Exactly, so why is he not on every channel touting his achievement to help his party regain power???
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #51 of 97
Quote:

Exactly, so why is he not on every channel touting his achievement to help his party regain power???

Good question.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #52 of 97
Quote:

So the Dems are achievers, we know that, now please list one of your favorite Republican achievement like I asked, please, please.

What is it that you expect government to "achieve"?
A is A
A is A
post #53 of 97
Found him!

A is A
A is A
post #54 of 97
Quote:

It is extremely unusual for a living former president of any party to be completely absent in an election. We have not heard a single word from him or Cheney. Since so many people think he was the greatest president ever why is he hiding? Where is his support for the Republican nominees? What does he think of the tea party?
Is this the admission of the right that he is not presentable or a danger to their agenda?

Bush is in co hoots with Cheney figuring out how to start a new war with Iran if John Bohner becomes speaker of the house.The new agenda for bush.
post #55 of 97
Quote:

The GOP achievement going backwards instead of progressing forwards with new concepts. The NO party.
post #56 of 97
Quote:

What is it that you expect government to "achieve"?

Putting you into an institution would be a great start.

Protecting my copyrights.
Protecting my patents.
Ensuring safety of imported products.
Clean water.
Clean air.
Educating my future customers.
Keeping the roads that distribute my products in good condition.
Negotiating international trade rules.
Prosecuting Bush and Cheney for war crimes they admittedly committed.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #57 of 97
Quote:

Protecting my copyrights.
Protecting my patents.
Ensuring safety of imported products.
Clean water.
Clean air.
Educating my future customers.
Keeping the roads that distribute my products in good condition.
Negotiating international trade rules.
Prosecuting Bush and Cheney for war crimes they admittedly committed.

Classic crony-capitalist, the government pays all the costs and you take all the (supposed and likely imaginary) profits.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #58 of 97
Quote:

Yes. Statists have always imprisoned their opposition, except for those who simply slaughter millions of them. So which of these above goals have your D friends "achieved"?

Your question indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of government's role. Unlike you Worm, I don't want or expect "achievement" from government. Free men and women achieve success through exercising their free will. I don't care if they're Rs or Ds - I need government to get the hell out of my way.

Government has a purpose, but it's a beast that must be kept on a short leash. I do not live to serve government, but it's a necessary evil that exists to perform certain finite enumerated duties, as specified in our Constitution. Sixteen of them are delegated to Congress. You can look them up yourself.

This is what I need from government:
  • The freedom to succeed, and the freedom to fail.
  • Prevent the use of illegal force compelling me to purchase or sell products (Obamacare???)
  • Preserve my individual right to property, including protecting the country from assholes who want to destroy it in the name of whatever God they happen to worship this week
  • Provide courts for the settlement of honest disputes, and for the lawful punishment of criminals
  • To lend me a hand in time of need, not carry me around in perpetuity like a mewling infant
I want a government that allows the kind of freedom that led to us producing half of the world's GDP at the turn of the last century. The kind of freedom that inspired such men as:

and

and

let's not forget

Oh, but shouldn't government provide massive institutions and charity for everyone who wants it?

Who is this guy?

Let's talk about him.

---

An only child with no real skill, lacking even a high school education, he began a little business. It failed. He built another. It failed too. He persisted, and eventually enjoyed enough success to build a small factory, then a big factory, finally a world-class factory, in the middle of nowhere. To grow his business, he needed to hire people - lots of people - so he built a city around it, with stately brick homes for his workers and schools for their children. He built a public transportation system. He built a beautiful hotel. He built parks and gardens and recreational facilities, including what is now a world-class amusement park.

Now phenomenally successful, in his later years, he and his wife established a trust that would build and support a private, philanthropic K-12 boarding school for poor children - I mean really, really poor children - for which they pay nothing, and who graduate with all the skills they need to do basically anything they set their minds to. That was his idea - he succeeded beyond measure, and sought to help others do the same. Not by giving them a handout, not by guaranteeing them the perpetual crumbs of a minimum wage, but by inspiring young men and women to be great leaders like himself.

He did this one hundred years ago. There was no great society. There was no Federal Reserve. There was no income tax. He did this with zero support from government. Zero.

The school exists today. It's still growing, yet remains completely funded through his endowments and income from the park. It takes none of your tax money. Like me, the school expects nothing from government, other than the protections ensuring individual freedom and liberty that I enumerated above.

It is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

I challenge any sentient person to visit this place and not be moved to tears for this one tiny example of what was possible before the US embarked on its long slog toward the destruction it now faces at the hands of collectivist idiots. It did not come from government. It could not. Government could not ever produce such beauty. It can only destroy it by crushing the human spirit that inspires great men like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole

please list one of your favorite Republican achievement like I asked, please, please.

I do not expect you to understand it Wormhole, since you don't seem to grasp that it's the human mind that inspires success and implements achievement to the betterment of themselves, their families, their community, and by extension, the world. Individuals - not government. The government can only enslave, through the use of force, the threat of jail, or the appropriation of labor. It has no mind. It's a mindless beast. It can "achieve" nothing.

Unfortunately, you and millions of others have grown up enjoying the fruits of this success, and now expect government to do everything including wiping your own miserable ass.

This is your view of government, Worm:

And that's you, on your knees, begging: please... please... please.
A is A
A is A
post #59 of 97
Quote:

Who is this guy?

Let's talk about him.

---

An only child with no real skill, lacking even a high school education, he began a little business. It failed. He built another. It failed too. He persisted, and eventually enjoyed enough success to build a small factory, then a big factory, finally a world-class factory, in the middle of nowhere. To grow his business, he needed to hire people - lots of people - so he built a city around it, with stately brick homes for his workers and schools for their children. He built a public transportation system. He built a beautiful hotel. He built parks and gardens and recreational facilities, including what is now a world-class amusement park.

Now phenomenally successful, in his later years, he and his wife established a trust that would build and support a private, philanthropic K-12 boarding school for poor children - I mean really, really poor children - for which they pay nothing, and who graduate with all the skills they need to do basically anything they set their minds to. That was his idea - he succeeded beyond measure, and sought to help others do the same. Not by giving them a handout, not by guaranteeing them the perpetual crumbs of a minimum wage, but by inspiring young men and women to be great leaders like himself.

He did this one hundred years ago. There was no great society. There was no Federal Reserve. There was no income tax. He did this with zero support from government. Zero.

The school exists today. It's still growing, yet remains completely funded through his endowments and income from the park. It takes none of your tax money. Like me, the school expects nothing from government, other than the protections ensuring individual freedom and liberty that I enumerated above.

I challenge any sentient person to visit this place and not be moved to tears for this one tiny example of what was possible before the US embarked on its long slog toward the destruction it now faces at the hands of collectivist idiots. It did not come from government. It could not. Government could not ever produce such beauty. It can only destroy it by crushing the human spirit that inspires great men like these.

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #60 of 97
Quote:

Yes. Statists have always imprisoned their opposition, except for those who simply slaughter millions of them. So which of these above goals have your D friends "achieved"?

Your question indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of government's role. Unlike you Worm, I don't want or expect "achievement" from government. Free men and women achieve success through exercising their free will. I don't care if they're Rs or Ds - I need government to get the hell out of my way.

Government has a purpose, but it's a beast that must be kept on a short leash. I do not live to serve government, but it's a necessary evil that exists to perform certain finite enumerated duties, as specified in our Constitution. Sixteen of them are delegated to Congress. You can look them up yourself.

This is what I need from government:
  • The freedom to succeed, and the freedom to fail.
  • Prevent the use of illegal force compelling me to purchase or sell products (Obamacare???)
  • Preserve my individual right to property, including protecting the country from assholes who want to destroy it in the name of whatever God they happen to worship this week
  • Provide courts for the settlement of honest disputes, and for the lawful punishment of criminals
  • To lend me a hand in time of need, not carry me around in perpetuity like a mewling infant
I want a government that allows the kind of freedom that led to us producing half of the world's GDP at the turn of the last century. The kind of freedom that inspired such men as:

and

and

let's not forget

Oh, but shouldn't government provide massive institutions and charity for everyone who wants it?

Who is this guy?

Let's talk about him.

---

I do not expect you to understand it Wormhole, since you don't seem to grasp that it's the human mind that inspires success and implements achievement to the betterment of themselves, their families, their community, and by extension, the world. Individuals - not government. The government can only enslave, through the use of force, the threat of jail, or the appropriation of labor. It has no mind. It's a mindless beast. It can "achieve" nothing.

Unfortunately, you and millions of others have grown up enjoying the fruits of this success, and now expect government to do everything including wiping your own miserable ass.

This is your view of government, Worm:

And that's you, on your knees, begging: please... please... please.

Sorry, I did not know you already were in an institution.

Here's my story. Came to US in 1984 with $ 400.-
If I choose to I no longer have to work a single day of my life.
I pay more taxes than 97% of US citizen make per year. For that kind of $ I want my copyrights protected.

Tesla is a product of the Austrian Hungarian Empire and was educated in Budapest. His idea of alternating current came to him while taking a walk along the Danube river. He died poor and a broken man because Westinghouse fucked him in the ass. AC is still used the world over to transmit power. If he would have protected his copyrights he and his family would be trillionaires. Your buddy Thomas Edison hated his guts since Nicolay showed the world that Edison was let's say "only marginally talented" as an inventor.

A++++ for ignorance. Wonderfully ignored.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #61 of 97
Back to Bush:
Trustfundie with no brain was pushed to insanity by daddy's ambition.
Did not succeed in business or the military or politics. His only accomplishment is to be born Bush.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #62 of 97
Quote:

Sorry, I did not know you already were in an institution.

Here's my story. Came to US in 1984 with $ 400.-
If I choose to I no longer have to work a single day of my life.
I pay more taxes than 97% of US citizen make per year. For that kind of $ I want my copyrights protected.

Tesla is a product of the Austrian Hungarian Empire and was educated in Budapest. His idea of alternating current came to him while taking a walk along the Danube river. He died poor and a broken man because Westinghouse fucked him in the ass. AC is still used the world over to transmit power. If he would have protected his copyrights he and his family would be trillionaires. Your buddy Thomas Edison hated his guts since Nicolay showed the world that Edison was let's say "only marginally talented" as an inventor.

A++++ for ignorance. Wonderfully ignored.

Sorry off topic- I'm a full US citizen and whilst it's not effecting me at the moment, once you earn over $90,000 or so you are taxed in your resident country and the US. The US is one of the only country to impose those taxes, if not the only one. The only way out is to renounce US citizenship. I need to know more, but for me it might (and I stress might) mean I renounce my US citizenship, but like I say I need to know more. You sound like you have no intention of living outside the US and perhaps the US is where you'd make most of your income if you did, unlike me for the most part.

Bush is a TeaBagger, they're the same thing, just a rebranding for the gullible.
post #63 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Sorry off topic- I'm a full US citizen and whilst it's not effecting me at the moment, once you earn over $90,000 or so you are taxed in your resident country and the US. The US is one of the only country to impose those taxes, if not the only one. The only way out is to renounce US citizenship. I need to know more, but for me it might (and I stress might) mean I renounce my US citizenship, but like I say I need to know more. You sound like you have no intention of living outside the US and perhaps the US is where you'd make most of your income if you did, unlike me for the most part.

Bush is a TeaBagger, they're the same thing, just a rebranding for the gullible.

I still make some royalties from songs I wrote 30 years ago in my home country. I have to sign a waiver every year so they don't tax me there but I pay income tax here. There are countries who have "no double tax" agreements with the US. Your case is the opposite of mine so I am in the dark...

Bush is a teabagger but for some reason his ranch is completely solar powered, water and electricity.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #64 of 97
Quote:

Huh? What's he supposed to be doing? On the campaign trail? Not the typical job duty for an ex-president.
post #65 of 97
Quote:

Huh? What's he supposed to be doing? On the campaign trail? Not the typical job duty for an ex-president.

He's toxic still in part because he motivates (more than even the TeaBaggers).
post #66 of 97
Quote:

I still make some royalties from songs I wrote 30 years ago in my home country. I have to sign a waiver every year so they don't tax me there but I pay income tax here. There are countries who have "no double tax" agreements with the US. Your case is the opposite of mine so I am in the dark...

Bush is a teabagger but for some reason his ranch is completely solar powered, water and electricity.

I could be taxed by the US even though my income would be coming from the UK. I think the US is the only country to do this. Pay taxes to funnell to the "interests" whilst millions of US citizens live in "Can't Have A Lifeville".

Bush knows how to generate power for himself, no more.
post #67 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I could be taxed by the US even though my income would be coming from the UK. I think the US is the only country to do this. Pay taxes to funnell to the "interests" whilst millions of US citizens live in "Can't Have A Lifeville".

This is a little fact conveniently forgotten by liberals who tell classical liberals/libertarian like myself who are arguing for smaller government, lower taxes, less spending and less government intrusion in the US to go ahead and leave the US if we don't like it.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #68 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

This is a little fact conveniently forgotten by liberals who tell classical liberals/libertarian like myself who are arguing for smaller government, lower taxes, less spending and less government intrusion in the US to go ahead and leave the US if we don't like it.

HaHa. Not joking!
post #69 of 97

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Sat Oct 9, 5:11 pm ET

Quote:
WASHINGTON Former President Bill Clinton is busy on the campaign trail, helping candidates in races from Florida to Washington state. His successor, George W. Bush? Holed up in Texas.

Bush left office deeply unpopular and sour on domestic politics. After leaving Washington and returning to Texas, he has kept a low profile, working on his memoir and appearing only occasionally at paid speeches. Aides say he has no plans to be a figure in this year's elections, which could see major gains for the GOP.

Republicans, who paid electoral costs in 2006 and 2008 for Bush's unpopularity, are hardly clamoring for the 43rd president to join them on the campaign trail. After all, an Associated Press-GfK poll last month found 55 percent of all Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Bush and 51 percent blame him for the economic crisis that began on his watch.
post #70 of 97
What's even more interesting than the absence of a former president from the current election is the absence of the current president from it. The lack of desire of current Republican candidates to use Bush who, over the course of 8 years, alienated the voters seems to pale in comparison to the lack of desire of current Democratic candidates to use Obama who, over the course of 2 years appears to have alienated the voters.

post #71 of 97
Quote:

What's even more interesting than the absence of a former president from the current election is the absence of the current president from it. The lack of desire of current Republican candidates to use Bush who, over the course of 8 years, alienated the voters seems to pale in comparison to the lack of desire of current Democratic candidates to use Obama who, over the course of 2 years appears to have alienated the voters.

Obama IS PRESIDENT and should be doing his job. He HAS BEEN ELECTED already and is not running for senate or house. He has raised 60 mill for his party.

A+, very well ignored.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #72 of 97
Quote:

Obama IS PRESIDENT and should be doing his job. He HAS BEEN ELECTED already and is not running for senate or house. He has raised 60 mill for his party.

A+, very well ignored.

Don't you just love it when the conservatives like to compare a current president who's halfway through his first term to one who went two terms and is out? Not the same thing at all! You can sum up Bush because it's history. Obama still has years left.

I know they don't like that but it's fact.
post #73 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Don't you just love it when the conservatives like to compare a current president who's halfway through his first term to one who went two terms and is out?

Indeed it is interesting how much more quickly Obama screwed up. God help us if he gets four additional years.

post #74 of 97
Quote:

Conservatives have no opinion about Bush's absence from this election other than "Obama is blaming him that's why he is hiding on his solar powered ranch."

No one has answered any of the questions in the opening post.
No one is trying for an explanation.

They admit to his failure by non engagement.

If Bush would stick his face out right now the Dems would gain another 20 seats in the senate at least. But he was the greatest president ever and had nothing to do with the recession or the loss of US standing in the world.

You're perhaps the ultimate troll of all time on AI. Either that, or you're serious...in which case I can't say what I think of you, lest I be banned.

Just goes to show, literally anything Bush does or doesn't do can be criticized. Anytime.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #75 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You're perhaps the ultimate troll of all time on AI. Either that, or you're serious...in which case I can't say what I think of you, lest I be banned.

Just goes to show, literally anything Bush does or doesn't do can be criticized. Anytime.

Ahhh, your hatred makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #76 of 97
Quote:

Indeed it is interesting how much more quickly Obama screwed up. God help us if he gets four additional years.

Interesting, but not wholly unexpected. The current president, coming into office, was the most inexperienced executive this nation ever faced. The prior president's executive leadership in the Texas Governor office and other corporate settings, provided him executive experience before his two terms of office.
post #77 of 97
Quote:

Well when the guy before you screwed up so bad ( he left a huge problem ) things just don't get magically fixed right away.
post #78 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

There you go calling people names again.

Let me guess. Everyone you don't agree with is a troll or something you can put a negative label on?
post #79 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well when the guy before you screwed up so bad ( he left a huge problem ) things just don't get magically fixed right away.

There's "fixed" and then there's "wasting billions on programs that have no impact or make things worse".
post #80 of 97
Quote:

There's "fixed" and then there's "wasting billions on programs that have no impact or make things worse".

And this comes from the guy that just makes shit up.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=113580
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where is Bush?