or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where is Bush?

Where is Bush? - Page 3

post #81 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And this comes from the guy that just makes shit up.

I certainly didn't make up TARP, cash for clunkers, stimulus, state bailout, obamacare accounting fraud, student loan take over, auto bailout ... I must have forgotten some because there's been so many.
post #82 of 97
Bush doesn't need to say a word. He just needs to let Obama and the Democrats keep doing what they're doing. That's far more damaging to them than anything he could possibly do or say.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #83 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I certainly didn't make up TARP, cash for clunkers, stimulus, state bailout, obamacare accounting fraud, student loan take over, auto bailout ... I must have forgotten some because there's been so many.

Don't worry. The leftists on the board like to point out that we make an occasional post that is whimsical, a joke, some points to ponder, what have you. Such posts are impossible when you are already (supposedly) omniscient and thus have all the answers. Likewise while our posts can be serious or joking, with the left we just can't tell the difference. Their serious proposals sound like complete jokes. Their "jokes" are just vitriolic attacks.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #84 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Bush doesn't need to say a word. He just needs to let Obama and the Democrats keep doing what they're doing. That's far more damaging to them than anything he could possibly do or say.

+1

Obama won as "not Bush" and now no one else is Bush either and therefor Obama's winning advantage is gone in an instant. The part I can't figure out yet is if Obama is smart enough to know this or is in fact so politically inept that he doesn't realize this.
post #85 of 97
Quote:

+1

Obama won as "not Bush" and now no one else is Bush either and therefor Obama's winning advantage is gone in an instant. The part I can't figure out yet is if Obama is smart enough to know this or is in fact so politically inept that he doesn't realize this.

Why Obama Is Losing the Political War

Quote:
With the exception of core Obama Administration loyalists, most politically engaged elites have reached the same conclusions: the White House is in over its head, isolated, insular, arrogant and clueless about how to get along with or persuade members of Congress, the media, the business community or working-class voters.

post #86 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Don't worry. The leftists on the board like to point out that we make an occasional post that is whimsical, a joke, some points to ponder, what have you. Such posts are impossible when you are already (supposedly) omniscient and thus have all the answers. Likewise while our posts can be serious or joking, with the left we just can't tell the difference. Their serious proposals sound like complete jokes. Their "jokes" are just vitriolic attacks.

Well it might have helped if it had been at least funny and not just a cheap shot.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #87 of 97
Why would you bother with Time, jazzguru? It's even less respectable than the New York Times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Why Obama Is Losing the Political War

True to form, Time blames Republicans - a minority party that could do nothing to stop Obamacare from being jammed through Congress, yet they're somehow obstructing the myth known as "job creation":

Quote:
His efforts at job creation have been obstructed by Republicans (even the proposals based on policies supported by the GOP in the past). His opponents haven't put forth specifics of their own, nor offered genuine compromise,

As usual, Time gets it completely wrong. "Compromise" does not mean succumbing to harebrained demands from the extreme left wing fringe. Republicans proposed many alternatives - they were completely shot down by Pelosi's rules. There can be no compromise when you're locked out of debate.

The Rs most recent proposal, extending the existing tax cuts for all Americans, appears to be destined for success. This would not be the case if it were not for dozens of Democrats who just happen to agree with them. The only difference between this proposal and the many offered as alternatives to Obamacare is that we're closer to an election that will end many a Democrat's career.

Obama is losing the political war because his vision for the future is one Americans want no part of. His leadership ability consists of one sole trait: fixing blame. His economic policy is modeled on flawed Keynesean theory. He insisted he would not raise taxes on middle class America, then signed the biggest tax increase of all time - Obamacare. He refuses to call the individual insurance mandate a tax, while his own justice department defends it under Congress's Constitutional ability to tax. He appears aloof, arrogant, and out of touch.

Given the above, how could failure not be expected?
A is A
A is A
post #88 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Why would you bother with Time, jazzguru? It's even less respectable than the New York Times.

True to form, Time blames Republicans - a minority party that could do nothing to stop Obamacare from being jammed through Congress, yet they're somehow obstructing the myth known as "job creation":

As usual, Time gets it completely wrong. "Compromise" does not mean succumbing to harebrained demands from the extreme left wing fringe. Republicans proposed many alternatives - they were completely shot down by Pelosi's rules. There can be no compromise when you're locked out of debate.

The Rs most recent proposal, extending the existing tax cuts for all Americans, appears to be destined for success. This would not be the case if it were not for dozens of Democrats who just happen to agree with them. The only difference between this proposal and the many offered as alternatives to Obamacare is that we're closer to an election that will end many a Democrat's career.

Obama is losing the political war because his vision for the future is one Americans want no part of. His leadership ability consists of one sole trait: fixing blame. His economic policy is modeled on flawed Keynesean theory. He insisted he would not raise taxes on middle class America, then signed the biggest tax increase of all time - Obamacare. He refuses to call the individual insurance mandate a tax, while his own justice department defends it under Congress's Constitutional ability to tax. He appears aloof, arrogant, and out of touch.

I can't wait for president Palin. She'll fix it all.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #89 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

I can't wait for president Palin. She'll fix it all.

Obama's related to Palin

By JOCELYN NOVECK, AP National Writer Wed Oct 13, 12:56 am ET
Quote:
NEW YORK President Barack Obama has family ties to none other than Sarah Palin, according to the genealogists at Ancestry.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101013/...bama_and_palin
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #90 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Yea, Time buys into the talking point that Republicans refuse to compromise and completely ignore the fact that many Democrats would not go along with the Obama-Pelosi demands.
post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

There you go calling people names again.

Let me guess. Everyone you don't agree with is a troll or something you can put a negative label on?

You guessed wrong. He's a troll because he's, you know...TROLLING. He's actually criticizing Bush for not getting involved in the election. I can only imagine what he would be posting if Bush was involved.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #92 of 97
Quote:

Yea, Time buys into the talking point that Republicans refuse to compromise and completely ignore the fact that many Democrats would not go along with the Obama-Pelosi demands.

McCain promised exactly that after the Obamacare debacle:

Quote:
"There will be no cooperation for the rest of the year," McCain said during an interview Monday on an Arizona radio affiliate. "They have poisoned the well in what they've done and how they've done it."

"In my opinion, the institution of the Congress has been fundamentally harmed," said Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.), pointing to the process Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) used to craft the final health bill.

Pelosi and Reid's utter disregard for debate and compromise inflicted damage upon the institution of Congress that will have far-reaching effects. Thanks to their abuse of parliamentary procedure, shredding the Constitution they swore to uphold, and ignoring the people they represent, party divisiveness is more prevalent now than at any time in my long memory.

Republicans are now positioned to take majority control, but don't mistake this for gloating. This isn't about winners and losers. It will take years to repair the damage Congress's Democrats have inflicted upon the institution. You and I will be stuck with the bill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...t-of-this-year
A is A
A is A
post #93 of 97
Chile flag confused for Texas flag on Texan ballot

This is the Texan flag:

This is the Chilean flag:

Quote:
Texas has been using the Chilean flag on its absentee voter ballot. The Atascosa County ballot had been in use for several years before a Texan student in Japan noticed the mistake.

"Apparently the insert has been used for some time without anyone (voters and staff) noticing," Troy Knudson told the Statesman.(http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-...ot-966779.html) "I guess it's funny in some way, but my initial reaction was more disbelief that no one had noticed."

They are strikingly similar, but still, several years?
post #94 of 97
Bush speaks in Chicago, plugs new book

Quote:
Former President George W. Bush reflected on his presidency, his life out of the spotlight, poked fun at himself and plugged his upcoming book today while speaking in Chicago at a conference for a finance trade association.

Bush, wearing a black suit and purple tie with stripes, told a crowd of hundreds of conference attendees of taking his Scottish terrier, Barney, for a walk around their Texas neighborhood for the first time since leaving office.

"I was out of the presidency for two weeks and I had a plastic bag on my hand," which drew laughter and applause from the crowd attending the Commercial Finance Association convention. "In the old days there'd be a guy with a plastic bag on his hand, following."

Bush, whose memoir "Decision Points," is set for release Nov. 9, joked, "I have written a book. This will come as quite a shock to some. They didn't think I could read, much less write."

He said the book is the only reason he'll be back in the spotlight soon.

"I have zero desire, just so you know, to be in the limelight," Bush said. "I don't think it's good for the country to have a former president criticize his successor. You're not going to see me giving my opinions in the public arena, until I start selling my book. I'm going to emerge then submerge."

When a member of the audience asked why he had signed off on the bailout of major financial institutions, Bush said he took that action after his economic advisors, Henry Paulson, the former treasury secretary, and Ben Bernanke, the current head of the Federal Reserve, urged him to do so.

"I did not want to be a president overseeing a depression greater than the Great Depression," Bush said.

Bush said he believed the upcoming elections will mean a loss of congressional support for President Barack Obama.

"The odds are, from a historical perspective, that the president is going to lose [congressional] seats. The question is how many."

Of his legacy, he said he knows he won't be remembered as Shakespeare, but he hopes he's remembered for his beliefs.

"I would like to be remembered as a guy who had a set of priorities, and was willing to live by those priorities" he said. "In terms of accomplishments, my biggest accomplishment is that I kept the country safe amidst a real danger."

The former president said his greatest failure in office was not passing Social Security reform.

post #95 of 97
post #96 of 97
Its hardly surprising Bush has been absent from the political scene. He wants to be a free man, and lead as normal a life as is possible, under the (godawful) circumstances. Who can blame him?

Both presidents (as they all have since JFK) have been 100% owned while in office. Bush, on the one hand, is a somewhat down-to-earth and upfront guy... and hence not very skilled in the art of lying and deception; while in office has he often said things that were not scripted which undoubtedly infuriated his handlers/owners... as such, he still remains a liability and has probably been "firmly requested" to keep a low profile.

Obama, however, is infinitely more skilled in the art of misleading and deception (just like Clinton), and will probably be permitted to retain a more visible political presence after he leaves office (just like Clinton). He is less of a "problem" in that respect than Bush, re. the PTB.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #97 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Its hardly surprising Bush has been absent from the political scene. He wants to be a free man, and lead as normal a life as is possible, under the (godawful) circumstances. Who can blame him?

Both presidents (as they all have since JFK) have been 100% owned while in office. Bush, on the one hand, is a somewhat down-to-earth and upfront guy... and hence not very skilled in the art of lying and deception; while in office has he often said things that were not scripted which undoubtedly infuriated his handlers/owners... as such, he still remains a liability and has probably been "firmly requested" to keep a low profile.

Obama, however, is infinitely more skilled in the art of misleading and deception (just like Clinton), and will probably be permitted to retain a more visible political presence after he leaves office (just like Clinton). He is less of a "problem" in that respect than Bush, re. the PTB.

Man, what is it with you? Who has "owned" all the Presidents since JFK? Who is/was telling them what to do after leaving office. It's yet another conspiracy theory.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where is Bush?