or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Vivek Kundra - political visionary

Vivek Kundra - political visionary

post #1 of 15
In a recent interview Mr. Kundra shows his grasp on the future of government. Obama's data dude is a genius. His comparison of gov with apple and youtube are right on.

I can see government as a platform like ai. The government creates the platform the people contribute the content. this will make elections obsolete and government can become for the people by the people. FFFFing brilliant!!

Conservatives please let us know how the Obama admin effort to consolidate all gov data is bad.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2 of 15
If you want consolidation of government power, move to the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea. They've made elections obsolete, too.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

If you want consolidation of government power, move to the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea. They've made elections obsolete, too.

And yet, and yet..... there are probably less sheep there and the ones that they have are more free.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #4 of 15
Free to use candles at night for light and warmth because of a perpetual energy shortage.

But I'm sure "progressives" laud their efforts to "save the planet" by not consuming a lot of evil fossil fuels.

And their universal healthcare system is top notch.

post #5 of 15
Quote:

Free to use candles at night for light and warmth because of a perpetual energy shortage.

But I'm sure "progressives" laud their efforts to "save the planet" by not consuming a lot of evil fossil fuels.

And their universal healthcare system is top notch.

We have energy shortages here where I am. Every summer the plant gets overloaded and we're in the dark for a week.

You know what...I DO feel freer....people actually talk to each other and visit...no TV dripping into your mind. Interacting with neighbours.

It's a glimpse of what could be - and then we're all connected back up to our plug-in drugs.

I guess it depends how much you learn to love the whip though no?
post #6 of 15
Quote:

Fearless leader to be wishes to thank you and wants to point out a very serious problem with South Korea:

Quote:
Kimchi Crisis Leaves South Koreans In A Pickle
by NPR STAFF AND WIRESOctober 6, 2010

It's kimchi season in South Korea, but a shortage of napa cabbage the key ingredient in the spicy, fermented dish has created a mini crisis in a country where kimchi is served at almost every meal.
An unusually long stretch of bad weather nearly halved the latest cabbage crop, causing prices to soar. At markets in Seoul, shoppers were up before dawn fighting to buy heads of napa cabbage that once cost about $4 but now go for as much as $14.

In NK we do not have this problem---our people are adapted to starving.

\t\t

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #7 of 15
Quote:

data = power?
we must shut down the internet immediately.
Reading is not your strong point.
Again:
The white house wants to establish a site where every citizen can find anything the government is doing. It is exactly the opposite of North Korea.
You are the guru.
I know you were the worst in your band practice and your teacher called you jazzguru as an insult. The name stuck.
If you would be a jazzguru your name should at least be Herbie Hancock or Jon Hendricks or Michael Brecker or Dave Brubeck something like that.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

data = power?
we must shut down the internet immediately.
Reading is not your strong point.
Again:
The white house wants to establish a site where every citizen can find anything the government is doing. It is exactly the opposite of North Korea.

You honestly believe Obama is doing this to promote government transparency?!

Oh man, I needed a good laugh.

Your obsession with my nickname is noted.

Michael Brecker is my favorite jazz tenor player of all time, btw. I was sad when he passed on.

post #9 of 15
Quote:

You honestly believe Obama is doing this to promote government transparency?!

Oh man, I needed a good laugh.

Your obsession with my nickname is noted.

Michael Brecker is my favorite jazz tenor player of all time, btw. I was sad when he passed on.

You have no idea at all what Vivek is talking about. Why don't you read the interview in the latest sciam edition and then come back and post in this thread. Right now you just confirm your utter ignorance.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #10 of 15
Oh I'm pretty familiar with "Government 2.0". I just don't see anything "visionary" about it.

post #11 of 15
It's time for a new version of government

Quote:
Government 2.0 is a citizen-centric philosophy and strategy that believes the best results are usually driven by partnerships between citizens and government, at all levels.

So what major part did the government play in Apple's resounding success?

This initiative is no more than a push to use technology as a means of continuing to expand the government beyond its constitutional bounds and exert more control over our lives.

Sorry, I prefer Government 1.0. The one limited in scope, power, and influence by the enumerated powers outlined in the Constitution.

post #12 of 15
Quote:

It's time for a new version of government

So what major part did the government play in Apple's resounding success?

This initiative is no more than a push to use technology as a means of continuing to expand the government beyond its constitutional bounds and exert more control over our lives.

Sorry, I prefer Government 1.0. The one limited in scope, power, and influence by the enumerated powers outlined in the Constitution.

Wow this is not at all what this thread is about, you are completely off topic. Stop posting when you don't have a clue, please. threadguru.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #13 of 15
Are you going to stay on topic, or are you going to keep talking about how I am completely off topic?

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Wow this is not at all what this thread is about, you are completely off topic. Stop posting when you don't have a clue, please. threadguru.

Any old argument for jazzy in the storm eh?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Any old argument for jazzy in the storm eh?

Is that a quip?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Vivek Kundra - political visionary