or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Verizon says iPhone announcement would come from Apple

Verizon says iPhone announcement would come from Apple - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

What's Apple's deal with telecoms in markets where there are multiple carriers? Do they subsidize and if so how much per phone?

Apple does not subsidize their products. It is the carrier's decision as to whether they will subsidize the product themselves or not.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Please get real. Why would Apple want to even consider any of Verizon's conditions when they can't produce enough product to meet demand and they have many foreign countries just waiting for Apple products.

What does "Apple having to consider any of Verizon's conditions" have to do with my comment.

I never said they did or they should.
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post

What does "Apple having to consider any of Verizon's conditions" have to do with my comment.

I never said they did or they should.

You said "If anything, Verizon has more leverage than ever." Leverage implies that Verizon has an advantage in settings the terms and conditions under which Verizon could or would get the product. If a product is severely constrained like the iPhone 4 is would also mean that Verizon currently has no leverage at all.

post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

You said "If anything, Verizon has more leverage than ever." Leverage implies that Verizon has an advantage in settings the terms and conditions under which Verizon could or would get the product. If a product is severely constrained like the iPhone 4 is would also mean that Verizon currently has no leverage at all.

Apple can always buy more capacity, it will just cost Apple more money.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

The WSJ is a rag, just like the NYT, just like every second of programming on every single news network.

Yet Steve Jobs sees fit to publicly highlight Walt Mossberg's reviews whenever he praises Apple products.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Verizon says iPhone announcement would come from Apple