or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Pelosi and Obama thread.

The Pelosi and Obama thread. - Page 4

post #121 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

So now that the Senator will fly commercial....."Excuse me mam full body scan or grope?

Maybe not.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #122 of 126
Pelosi's "Green the Capitol" program looks like it's not working out quite the way it should...

Quote:
Walden did not specifically target Pelosi's "Green the Capitol" program for cuts, but he said its survival will depend on whether it makes fiscal sense. He hinted that the GOP would be satisfied enough with the pre-Pelosi policy of using blue recycling bins.

Pelosi has touted the program for decreasing the Capitol's "carbon footprint" and reducing paper waste while improving recycling. But her efforts have also been criticized as too costly. For instance, Republicans lambasted Pelosi for spending $90,000 on a controversial carbon offset program and $1 million on energy-efficient lighting for the Capitol dome, among other environmental initiatives.

The Daily Caller website in April reported that some janitors were taking the four-part recycling containers placed in each House office and dumping them into a common trash bin, prompting complaints from House staff.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #123 of 126
Ex speaker DeLay facing a minimum of seven years in a 4x9-

"AUSTIN, Texas The heavy-handed style that made Tom DeLay one of the nation's most powerful and feared members of Congress also proved to be his downfall Wednesday when a jury determined he went too far in trying to influence elections, convicting the former House majority leader on two felonies that could send him to prison for decades."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_788325.html
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #124 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

A woman speaker and a black president. This won't last forever.

Your thoughts?

As long as they care about the people in this country and the economy gets better who gives a shit what they are.This is your hangup! Screw the GOP they stink with their bullshit all the time and their policies that only the rich they consider their friends not the middle class or poor.
post #125 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

...This is your hangup!..

To a degree it is, but in the context of how little, especially blacks and especially prez, have been represented it marks two major turning points. I believe that's worth celebrating.

post #126 of 126
Oh look: Nancy Pelosi strives to make the Democrats the "Party of 'No'" this time around.. A small excerpt:

Quote:
A band of centrist Democrats who last week failed to oust Pelosi in favor of a fresh, more moderate face for the party is ready to side with Republicans on key issues next year. They say they're eager to work with Obama and the GOP on middle-of-the-road initiatives that are unlikely to be embraced by Pelosi or her liberal allies.

"I'd like to think there's an opportunity to do that," said Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, a leader of the conservative "Blue Dog" Democrats.

The coalition, comprised mostly of Southerners who were once known as "Yellow Dog" Democrats, was born after the Republican takeover of 1994, when it was said they felt "choked blue" by their colleagues on the left.

In those days, Matheson noted, they worked with then-President Bill Clinton on welfare reform and balancing the budget things that enraged liberals and led to angry accusations that the president was betraying his own party. Welfare is "an example of being honest brokers, working together to get things done, and that's what Blue Dogs want to do."

It's not what Pelosi or many other Democrats have in mind.

Rep. Brian Higgins, D-N.Y., said Democrats learned from the last two years and their shellacking at the polls that "we need to be more aggressive with the White House. They were looking for what was acceptable and then moving toward that, instead of what was important, and moving toward that," Higgins said. "We need to be true to our principles."

That last line is the real howler. Partly because I doubt seriously that they realize their "principles" are not shared by a vast majority of Americans and so their being "more aggressive with the White House" reeks of a) being out of touch with the reality of why they got "shellacked" and, b) not really giving a shit and simply wanting to shove their view of America down the throats of Americans. Liberal indeed.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Pelosi and Obama thread.