or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Pelosi and Obama thread.

The Pelosi and Obama thread. - Page 2

post #41 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Race, gender, religion, sexual preference, etc. are irrelevant to me. If I feel you can get the job done the way I believe it should be done, I'll vote for you.

Supposing this was the first white president and whites had been in chains for centuries, what then?
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #42 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Supposing this was th first white president and whites had beej in chains for centuries, what then?

Quote:
Proclamation of Amnesty and Pardon Granted to
All Persons of European Descent

Whereas, Europeans kept my forebears in bondage some three centuries toiling without pay,

Whereas, Europeans ignored the human rights pledges of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution,

Whereas, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendments meant little more than empty words,

Therefore, Americans of European ancestry are guilty of great crimes against my ancestors and their progeny.

But, in the recognition Europeans themselves have been victims of various and sundry human rights violations to wit: the Norman Conquest, the Irish Potato Famine, Decline of the Hapsburg Dynasty, Napoleonic and Czarist adventurism, and gratuitous insults and speculations about the intelligence of Europeans of Polish descent,

I, Walter E. Williams, do declare full and general amnesty and pardon to all persons of European ancestry, for both their own grievances, and those of their forebears, against my people.

Therefore, from this day forward Americans of European ancestry can stand straight and proud knowing they are without guilt and thus obliged not to act like damn fools in their relationships with Americans of African ancestry.

Walter E. Williams, Gracious and Generous Grantor

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/gift.html

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #43 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

As an aside, though related, I tend to think the recent upsurge in the extreme-right and the outpouring of hate and bile from the US populace (I'm thinking of these Tea characters and the neo-Nazis at the mosque protests in NYC as well as the lies and disinfo attending them) are purely BECAUSE you have a black President and, to a lesser extent, (liberal) women in power.

There is nothing worse than women, blacks and gays in power to the right-wing if they are liberal. Right-wingers of those persuasions are ok because they are neutralized and will not agitate for rights or justice for the oppression towards those in such groups that the Right metes out.

In any event, Obama and Pelosi will not, of course, last long and that is the point: when they are removed you will see the hatred and outrage towards minorities (even Muslims) die down.

If you don't believe me just think of how much hate and racism there is today in US society. Even after 911 there was no such attacks and hatred towards Muslims.

Because Bush was in power.

The Right did not need to exercise their violent proclivities.

Yep, TeaBaggers came out in force to try and show who's boss. At least they got some exercise!

post #44 of 126
Quote:

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/gift.html

The problem is their still black and that's still got a target on it. As do poor whites, but whites are white so they're not in such a bad spot.

post #45 of 126
Funny thing:
Bachmann and Boehner voted 54% with Pelosi last year. Damm voting records why does congress insist on keeping track....
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #46 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Funny thing:
Bachmann and Boehner voted 54% with Pelosi last year. Damm voting records why does congress insist on keeping track....

I heard 52% for BonerBoy, firmly in the Democratic camp for 2010 so far. I wonder if he's progressing. I'd vote for him regardless!

post #47 of 126
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #48 of 126
post #49 of 126
Poll: Many Obama 2008 supporters defecting to GOP

"They're defecting because they're not thinking rationally! It has nothing to do with my policies!"

post #50 of 126
Quote:

It's all Bush's fault.
A is A
A is A
post #51 of 126
Quote:

Poll: Many Obama 2008 supporters defecting to GOP

"They're defecting because they're not thinking rationally! It has nothing to do with my policies!"

Here is an example of how YOU are not thinking rationally.

If the Left are 'Commies' and they are defecting because of Obama's policies then it follows that they are defecting because he is too Right.

Which means you should then agree with him.

If, oth, the Left are Right (could happen in Winger-world) then they are defecting because he is a Commie and you should agree with the Left.

In fact you disagree with both which might be confusing at first glance but since I've been enlightened by Guru Trumpington I know that "you are he and I is me and we are all together, left is right and black is white..."
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #52 of 126
By Rachel Rose Hartman

Quote:
Democratic strategist James Carville told ABC's George Stephanopoulos Monday that he could envision Pelosi losing her leadership position even if Democrats maintain a House majority.
Carville's comments follow pledges from several Democratic incumbents affirming that they will not support her continuation as Speaker of the House.

Georgia Democratic Rep. Jim Marshall is one of those lawmakers. Marshall told The Upshot that he has long desired a different candidate, having "always preferred somebody at the middle of spectrum as Speaker." And he's pledged publicly to support someone else when Pelosi's term ends in January.

Even so, Marshall voted for her in 2007 and 2009--as did many other moderate and conservative Dems who counted on Pelosi's aid in winning past elections. Marshall says now he was hamstrung because Pelosi had the votes locked up and there was no alternative presented in his party. "She was going to be the Speaker --period," Marshall said.

But after this year's elections, the congressman says things will be different: "I'm certain that there is an opportunity here to get more centrist leadership."

In addition to Marshall, Gene Taylor (Miss.) Bobby Bright (Ala.) and Walt Minnick (Idaho) have all recently indicated that after this year's elections, they will not support Pelosi for another term as Speaker, CQ-Roll Call reports. All are moderate Democrats in conservative districts.

Marshall, Bright and other Democrats around the country are all now running ads distancing themselves from Pelosi--something Marshall suggests he had to do in order to directly respond to Republican attempts to align him with the Speaker and cast him as a liberal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...r-nancy-pelosi
post #53 of 126
Quote:

If the Left are 'Commies' and they are defecting because of Obama's policies then it follows that they are defecting because he is too Right.

If, oth, the Left are Right (could happen in Winger-world) then they are defecting because he is a Commie and you should agree with the Left.

In fact you disagree with both which might be confusing at first glance but since I've been enlightened by Guru Trumpington I know that "you are he and I is me and we are all together, left is right and black is white..."

I'm not thinking rationally?

Please tell me how assuming that everyone who is "defecting" from Obama is from the "Left" and is defecting for the same reason is rational.

post #54 of 126

post #55 of 126
Quote:

The far left has defected for precisely the reason you mentioned. However, if that were his only problem, he'd be fine. The problem is that moderates are defecting, too...and conservatives were never with him to begin with. He's literally alienated the entire political spectrum, save a few groups: 1) Party die hards 2) Racial die hards and 3) The uneducated and ill-informed.

That's the thing sego, you've never understood where Americans are politically. It's a center-right country, particularly from an economic standpoint.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #56 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's the thing sego, you've never understood where Americans are politically. It's a center-right country, particularly from an economic standpoint.

True, I've never grasped that...I find it difficult.

In Europe it tends to be that a left-wing party would not have supporters from the whole spectrum; you'd get centre-left and far-left for example and the same equivalent for the right. More or less.

Seems odd....can't imaging being Left and even remotely supporting anything Right - or vice versa.

Maybe I'm an extremist....
post #57 of 126

post #58 of 126
Quote:

... He's literally alienated the entire political spectrum, save a few groups: ... 3) The uneducated and ill-informed.

That's what worries me.
A is A
A is A
post #59 of 126

post #60 of 126
TRENDING: Bad news for Dems: New low for Pelosi in Gallup poll

Quote:
According to the latest survey from Gallup, Pelosi's favorability stands at just 29 percent down 7 points from early summer and down 13 points from January, 2009 when President Obama was inaugurated.

Pelosi's unfavorable rating has soared meanwhile, reaching 56 percent in the new poll up 15 points from January, 2009.

No doubt this is all a result of either fearful and unclear thinking or...keeping with the premise of this thread...a bunch of people suddenly realized that Nancy Pelosi is a woman, and their unfavorable rating of her suddenly jumped.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #61 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

TRENDING: Bad news for Dems: New low for Pelosi in Gallup poll

No doubt this is all a result of either fearful and unclear thinking or...keeping with the premise of this thread...a bunch of people suddenly realized that Nancy Pelosi is a woman, and their unfavorable rating of her suddenly jumped.

Latest polls for some of Pelosi's fellow Dems in California"

Poll: Boxer Getting Support From Unlikely Source
10News Poll Shows Supporters Of Prop. 19 More Likely To Vote For Boxer

Quote:
SAN DIEGO -- Incumbent U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer could be re-elected thanks in part to the supporters of Proposition 19, a state measure she opposes, according to data from a 10News poll.
The 10News poll shows Boxer could keep her seat by getting votes from what experts call "uniquely motivated voters."

http://www.10news.com/news/25446959/detail.html

Election 2010: California Governor
California Governor: Brown (D) Edges Further Ahead
Friday, October 15, 2010
Quote:
Coming off a bare-knuckles debate this week, Democrat Jerry Brown hits his highest level of support to date in his race against Republican Meg Whitman to be the next governor of California.
The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the state finds Brown with 50% of the vote to Whitmans 44%. Two percent (2%) like some other candidate in the race, and four percent (4%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ornia_governor

OR

Fiorina, Whitman leading in California?
POSTED AT 8:45 AM ON OCTOBER 20, 2010 BY ED MORRISSEY

Quote:
Carly Fiorina currently leads by three points against Barbara Boxer in the race for United States Senate from California.

U.S. Senate Ballot
Total Fiorina\t46%
Total Boxer\t43%
Total Other Candidates\t5%
Undecided\t6%

Meg Whitman leads by one point in the race for Governor of California.

Governors Ballot
Total Whitman\t45%
Total Brown\t44%
Total Other Candidates\t4%
Undecided\t7%

Conclusions
Republicans currently hold narrow leads in Californias top two statewide races this fall, though both remain very competitive.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/2...in-california/
post #62 of 126

post #63 of 126
Opposition to Obama and Pelosi couldn't possibly have to do with things like this:

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, ‘No New Deficit Spending’

Could it?

post #64 of 126
Quote:

Opposition to Obama and Pelosi couldn't possibly have to do with things like this:

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, No New Deficit Spending

Could it?

Definition of insanity--voting for Pelosi year after year
October 25th, 2010 1:27 am ET

Quote:
It has been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, while expecting a different result each time.

For those living in the San Francisco Congressional district, that definition needs modification. The definition of insanity is voting for Nancy Pelosi year after year.

Examples abound of Pelosi's nonsensical pronouncements that leave sane people scratching their heads. Regarding healthcare reform legislation, for example, she said we have to 'pass the bill before we can find out what's in it.' She referred to Patriotic Americans in the Tea Party as dangerous extremists who have a penchant for violence and who may have connections with homegrown terrorists. She invoked religion to justify ObamaCare, claiming that Jesus taught it and that citizens should encourage their ministers to preach sermons supporting it. No matter that Jesus said absolutely nothing about creating government programs that do what individual people of faith should already be doing by their own free choice.

The latest example of unintelligible Pelosi-speak, however, is one gigantic whopper.

Pelosi paid a visit to Microsoft recently during which she made her oft-repeated claim that 'more priviate sector jobs have been created in first 8 months of Obama than during the entire 8 years of Bush.'

A report on the Pelosi visit at TechFlash says the following::

"During a Q&A with reporters, Pelosi noted that Republicans have 'poverty of ideas' and have little direction for the future of the country.

"'We are not going back to the failed economic agenda of George Bush, which the Republicans have said is there agenda should they win, she said.

"'Tell your friends this, in the first eight months of 2010, more jobs have been created in the private sector than in the eight years of the Bush administration,' she added."

Leftwing partisans are quick to jump on this claim as 'proof' that the economy has vastly improved under Barack Obama and the Democrats. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Florida, also chirped off these 'statistics' on Fox News. The problem is none of it is true.

A quick scan of the actual figures--from the Bureau of Labor Statistics--reveals that although 1.1 million news jobs were created under Bush, the private sector lost 673,000 jobs. But under Obama 3.3 MILLION jobs HAVE BEEN LOST, 2.9 million of which are PRIVATE SECTOR jobs. Under Obama, 2.9 million private sector jobs were lost in less than 18 months. Under Bush, 673,000 private sector jobs were lost over a period of 8 years.

These facts beg the question as to why voters in the districts of Nancy Pelosi, Debbie Wasserman Shultz, and other members of the Leftwing ruling class keep sending these integrity-challenged hacks back to Washington, year after year.

Perhaps another look at the definition of insanity is in order.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative...ear-after-year

post #65 of 126

post #66 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

"'Tell your friends this, in the first eight months of 2010, more jobs have been created in the private sector than in the eight years of the Bush administration,' she added."

Sweet, sweet Nancy. Tell your friends this:

Quote:
Man ging dabei von dem sehr richtigen Grundsatze aus, daß in der Größe der Lüge immer ein gewisser Faktor des Geglaubtwerdens liegt, da die breite Masse eines Volkes im tiefsten Grunde ihres Herzens leichter verdorben als bewußt und absichtlich schlecht sein wird, mithin bei der primitiven Einfalt ihres Gemütes einer großen Lüge leichter zum Opfer fällt als einer kleinen, da sie selber ja wohl manchmal im kleinen lügt, jedoch vor zu großen Lügen sich doch zu sehr schämen würde. Eine solche Unwahrheit wird ihr gar nicht in den Kopf kommen, und sie wird an die Möglichkeit einer so ungeheuren Frechheit der infamsten Verdrehung auch bei anderen nicht glauben können, ja selbst bei Aufklärung darüber noch lange zweifeln und schwanken und wenigstens irgendeine Ursache doch noch als wahr annehmen; daher denn auch von der frechsten Lüge immer noch etwas übrig und hängen bleiben wird - eine Tatsache, die alle großen Lügenkünstler und Lügen-vereine dieser Welt nur zu genau kennen und deshalb auch niederträchtig zur Anwendung bringen.
A is A
A is A
post #67 of 126

She's right. If they truly had gotten credit then they'd be turning over the Senate, coughing up another 50 seats in the House and Obama would have already declared his intention not to seek reelection.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #68 of 126

post #69 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Sweet, sweet Nancy. Tell your friends this:

Quote:
Man ging dabei von dem sehr richtigen Grundsatze aus, daß in der Größe der Lüge immer ein gewisser Faktor des Geglaubtwerdens liegt, da die breite Masse eines Volkes im tiefsten Grunde ihres Herzens leichter verdorben als bewußt und absichtlich schlecht sein wird, mithin bei der primitiven Einfalt ihres Gemütes einer großen Lüge leichter zum Opfer fällt als einer kleinen, da sie selber ja wohl manchmal im kleinen lügt, jedoch vor zu großen Lügen sich doch zu sehr schämen würde. Eine solche Unwahrheit wird ihr gar nicht in den Kopf kommen, und sie wird an die Möglichkeit einer so ungeheuren Frechheit der infamsten Verdrehung auch bei anderen nicht glauben können, ja selbst bei Aufklärung darüber noch lange zweifeln und schwanken und wenigstens irgendeine Ursache doch noch als wahr annehmen; daher denn auch von der frechsten Lüge immer noch etwas übrig und hängen bleiben wird - eine Tatsache, die alle großen Lügenkünstler und Lügen-vereine dieser Welt nur zu genau kennen und deshalb auch niederträchtig zur Anwendung bringen.

Translated to mean:

Supported by:

post #70 of 126

post #71 of 126
Charles M. Shultz_Peanuts

Jim Henson_Muppets

post #72 of 126

Quote:
WASHINGTONConceding almost certain Republican gains in next month's crucial midterm elections, Democratic lawmakers vowed Tuesday not to give up without making one final push to ensure their party runs away from every major legislative victory of the past two years.

Party leaders told reporters that regardless of the ultimate outcome, they would do everything in their power from now until the polls closed to distance themselves from their hard-won passage of a historic health care overhaul, the toughest financial regulations since the 1930s, and a stimulus package most economists now credit with preventing a second Great Depression.

Quote:
"There's a great deal on the line, and we know it isn't going to be easy for us," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), speaking from the steps of the Capitol. "But if we suffer defeat, we will do so knowing we cowered away from absolutely anything we produced that was even remotely progressive or valuable in any way."

"And we will keep cowering right up until Election Day," Reid continued. "From Maine to Hawaii, in big cities and small towns, we will collapse into a fetal position and refuse to take credit for our successes anywhere voters could conceivably be swayed by learning what we have achieved on their behalf."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) acknowledged the task would be difficult, but said Democrats would remain steadfast in permitting their opponents to deride the accomplishments of the $787 billion Recovery Act, even as the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office reports that the 2009 measure has created millions of jobs.

Quote:
"While the stimulus isn't a cure-all, we owe it to the voters to scatter like pigeons whenever the Republicans grossly mischaracterize it as a wasteful giveaway," Pelosi said. "Their sleazy, cynical distortions may win them votes in the end, but we will not let that happen without doing whatever it takes to sit idly by and let them get away with it."

According to party leaders, the Democrats are putting their sweeping new health care law at the top of the list of accomplishments to back away from, mainly by allowing its most popular provisionsfederal subsidies to make health care more affordable; allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26; and rules that prevent sick people from being denied coverageto be summarily dismissed as "Obamacare."

Quote:
"Thanks to our efforts, a lot of people don't even realize they may already be benefiting from these reforms," Rep. Melissa Bean (D-IL) said. "They certainly don't realize they might be one of the 30 million currently uninsured people who will be provided coverage by the time the law is fully enacted."

"You can be certain we'll keep that information a deep, dark secret until we're thrown out of power," Bean added.

Political consultant James Carville praised the strategy, saying it was gratifying to see the party dissociate itself from what he described as some of the most useful and principled laws passed in nearly half a century.

Quote:
"It's the ninth inning now, and Democrats are finally getting serious about hiding in the weeds at the slightest mention of last year's credit-card legislation, which put an end to predatory lending schemes that are universally considered repugnant," Carville said. "Now that's smart politics, right there. The chips may be down, but they're still finding a way to curl up like a bunch of pathetic little hedgehogs and piss all over themselves the moment any sort of challenge is mounted."

When reached for comment, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) told reporters he wasn't surprised his opponents were disowning policies he described as "disastrous for the economy, disastrous for families, and disastrous for America's future."

Quote:
"And, what the heck, put down that it's disastrous for our men and women in uniform," McConnell said. "Might as well."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dem...running,18333/

THE ONION

post #73 of 126
post #74 of 126
Requiem for the Pelosi Democrats: Veteran Democratic Rep. Brian Baird says that job creation should have been priority "number one, two and three."

There will be many Democrats wondering what went wrong this Wednesday. This guy is the first - a stunning amount of candor from someone who's already thrown in the towel:

Quote:
Mr. Baird recalls that he was "very excited" when his party took control of Congress in 2006, but he saw ominous signs early on. Before the 2006 election, he says, Mrs. Pelosi had 30 members working on a rules package to make the House more ethical and deliberative. "We abandoned all that work after the election, and leaders told us we should trust them to clean things up. I don't know a single member of the Democratic caucus who saw the final rules package before they voted on it."

Democrats also watered down efforts to practice fiscal responsibility. "We initially had numbers a bit more honest than the Republicans - we at least included war costs in the budget," he says. "Now we're authorizing programs for three years instead of five in an attempt to pretend we're saving money."

Bush wrecked this country

Quote:
For some of the shortcomings of financial regulatory reform, Mr. Baird blames the disillusioning battle over ObamaCare. "When the House had to pass the Senate version of health care unchanged, some members asked why should they invest the mental effort in mastering the details" of financial reform. Mr. Baird found parts of the bill mind-numbing.

Thinking hurts! It's too hard!

Pathetic.

Quote:
Regarding health care, his specialty, Mr. Baird gave House Democrats real heartburn. He voted against the first version of ObamaCare in November 2009, because the Congressional Budget Office and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services hadn't yet analyzed the bill's impact on insurance premiums and medical costs.

"What the hell were we doing voting on this? I had labor groups come to me and insist the bill was so important we couldn't wait to know what was in it," he recalls. "I asked them if they were handed a new union contract and told it was so important they had to agree to it without reading it, would they go along?" ...

The frightening thing is that they probably would.

Quote:
... he acknowledges that the bill carried within it the seeds of its unpopularity. These include the nightmare mandate that all companies report to the IRS all of their business-to-business transactions over $600, so the government can capture unreported business income. At a recent forum with small business owners in his district, Mr. Baird was stunned at the complexity of the rules they now must follow.

Businesses and individuals who intend to comply with the law are required to understand it. Congressmen who write it... don't? What's wrong with this picture?

Quote:
Democrats, he says, will also have to recognize why they lost touch with voters. "Back in September, we had pollsters and strategists from my party tell members that the mass of people didn't care about the deficit. The mind-boggling lack of reality coming from some of the people who give us so-called advice is stunning."

It's your job, Mr. Congressmen, to listen to this "so-called advice," evaluate it on its merits, form your own conclusions, then debate, build a consensus, and draft legislation that captures the intent of the people you have sworn to represent. Is that so much to ask?

If the people wanted to cede control of our government to lobbyists, then we'd amend the Constitution, dissolve Congress, and appoint Lady Gaga as Dictator. Until then you're expected to represent your constituents.

Quote:
"A lot of rethinking is needed" after Democrats take their drubbing, Mr. Baird says, especially since he anticipates "a huge number of retirements" from Democrats unwilling to serve in the minority.

Close, Mr. future former Congressman. A lot of thinking was needed. There was none, and now it's too late. Don't say you weren't warned.
A is A
A is A
post #75 of 126
What do these three Presidents have in common???
Even If House Is Lost, Obama Finds Hope In History

Harry S Truman was only in office a year before his Democrats stumbled in midterm elections. He had the last laugh, though, when he, and Congressional Democrats, won big in 1948.

Dwight D. Eisenhower was one of three 20th century presidents to lose control of Congress in the first midterm after he took office but then win re-election.

Bill Clinton's Democrats lost the House in 1994, but he went on to a rousing re-election in 1996.

Will history repeat itself?

What is it that the other three Presidents have in Common, and Obama can hope to make it a fourpeat?

Quote:
Three times in the past century, a sitting president's party has lost its majority in at least one house of Congress. And all three times, the president went on to win re-election Harry Truman in 1948, Dwight Eisenhower in 1956 and Bill Clinton in 1996.

So if, as expected, the GOP takes the House this Election Day, the news isn't all bad for President Obama's re-election hopes.
post #76 of 126

post #77 of 126

post #78 of 126
Quote:

True, I've never grasped that...I find it difficult.

In Europe it tends to be that a left-wing party would not have supporters from the whole spectrum; you'd get centre-left and far-left for example and the same equivalent for the right. More or less.

Seems odd....can't imaging being Left and even remotely supporting anything Right - or vice versa.

Maybe I'm an extremist....

Just a different culture here, that's all. Different history, different traditions.
post #79 of 126
Quote:

Just a different culture here, that's all. Different history, different traditions.

Actually, no, he's just a violent extremist who declares those who are in disagreement with him to be subhuman and excuses all forms of violence perpetrated by those who hold his political philosophy.

post #80 of 126

O'Donnell may have been teased about riding a broom, but it turns out that both Harry and Pelosi might be riding one in various ways. Harry might ride it right out of office, and Pelosi will be riding it right out of the speaker position.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Pelosi and Obama thread.