or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The American Left Slides Into Psychosis

The American Left Slides Into Psychosis - Page 5

post #161 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Here's more tolerance and acceptance from the American Left:

Union Fires Stage Hand for Wearing Bush Hat and Shirt

One should never tolerate or accept some things. Who said you should?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #162 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

One should never tolerate or accept some things.

What things are those and does this (seriously) fit into that list?

Quote:

Who said you should?

Well, to be fair, the left has been the driving force in promulgating the tolerate all things mantra. At least they say they do. We all know the truth though.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #163 of 824
Quote:

Here's more tolerance and acceptance from the American Left:

Union Fires Stage Hand for Wearing Bush Hat and Shirt

Clearly seems that the stage hands civil rights of freedom of speech was violated. Does not appear that he was required to wear a uniform or that the clothing was a safety issue.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #164 of 824

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #165 of 824

It's so true. The Democrats only have one button left. It has -ists and -isms on it and all they do is keep hitting it stronger and more often in hopes of getting a response.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #166 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It's so true. The Democrats only have one button left. It has -ists and -isms on it and all they do is keep hitting it stronger and more often in hopes of getting a response.

It's amazing really - the Wingers are on the verge of a massive win (partly because Obama went full-speed ahead to the Right and partly because of the rising deluge of racism, xenophobia and hate -traditional Right-wing values - stalking America and finding echo amongst the less, ahem, cultured of the populace) and they STILL are just wanking on about the Dems.

God knows what they'd be like if they were on the verge of annihilation.

Unfortunately that won't happen quite yet... No doubt we will evolve but it could take a few centuries yet.
post #167 of 824

post #168 of 824

post #169 of 824

Another link without comment....suppose it beats a cartoon without comment though.

I guess it's all very modern...no need to expend any effort whatsoever. Can't help wondering what you think though.....or if you think...

Maybe an opinion once in a while?

Never mind - I'll give one: can't see any problem with this. She clearly is a bitch and would go to hell if hell existed - so to be fair that bits wrong. No hell.

Makes you kind of wish there was though...sick to think of all history's bigots, perverts, weirdos and bitches all getting away with it. Still......
post #170 of 824
Since when are you interested in my opinion?

post #171 of 824
Quote:

Since when are you interested in my opinion?

I'm not of course, but I am interested in the declining standards of why people no longer feel they SHOULD have one.

Not just are incapable of having one (which was a previous stage) or are not allowed to have one which was a stage before that in some countries but don't seem to question that they can't formulate one.

It's like they've completed delegated all their functions to someone or something else.

Odd.
post #172 of 824

post #173 of 824
Quote:

Lefty Crackpot Theory: Chinese Dictators Funneling Cash into GOP Campaigns to Export Jobs

I now state my opinion:

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Good. Now we can move on to Lesson #2 - it's called "Structuring an Argument".

I'll give you an example then you can try with the Liberalism is a mental disorder assertion.

I happen to believe that Right-Wing ideology in its extreme form is a degenerative disease of which Conservatism is an early symptom. In fact it is non-human - perhaps literally if there is such a being as Satan though we need not stray into theology here. It is enough to say it is anti-human.

I would use examples to prove my point:

1) In extreme cases (and not so extreme) Right-WIng ideologies centre around 'dehumanizing' others.

The Nazis treatment of Jews would be one example though today there are similar dehumanisings happening with Muslims.

This is Right-wing.

Another example: even on not so extreme levels there is no compassion in Right-wing thought for the fellow man. In fact it is mocked;

People who do not like killing and war are 'peaceniks' or 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys'.

People who want to save our natural habitat are 'tree huggers' or some other more offensive epithet.

No compassion...a sign of non-humanity.

And it IS Right-wing. No leftie on here does it..they are the ones derided for taking the opposite positions.

Can you show me a current left-wing group spewing race hate and Islamophobia? No. They are all Right.

Can you show me a current Right-wing opposition group against racism and hate? No. they are all Left.

No compassion.

Another example: one of our main human characteristics is the ability to create art and literature. The creative act. It is what makes us human but also it is closely linked to appreciation of our fellow man and heritage of common humanity.

But there is hardly any Right-wing art or literature worthy of the name.

If pressed a winger would inevitably say 'Ayn Rand' (they always do if asked sufficient questions - a dog would say 'bone' a lot if it could talk) but Ayn Rand is not literature. It is not great. It is a blemish on the human condition - a stain if you will. A rancid and festering blot on the pure azure of human endeavour.

In fact the writing is so ball-curdlingly bad that one often suspects it is a joke - perhaps a kind of barometer - a CIA experiment that was designed to identify wingnuts. Something so excruciatingly embarrassing both inn terms of cod-philosophy and amateur writing that only wingnuts would appreciate it and so signal to each other or to the authorities...a kind of Masonic handshake of the truly lame.

But I digress.... there are virtually no Right-wing cultural contributions... this is because they do not VALUE culture. Just as they do not value OTHER CULTURES. Just as they do not value the place where they live. Or the planet. Or anything much at all.

And that is inhuman.

See what I did there? Now your turn.....equivalents on the Left. Back up your argument with rational debate.
post #174 of 824
Quote:

Back up your argument with rational debate.

You first. Your post does more to prove my point than I ever could.

post #175 of 824
Quote:

You first. Your post does more to prove my point than I ever could.

Another example - I was going to predict it but I thought it superfluous and overkill.

It's obvious that debate is also one of the key things that makes us human.... an interaction between individuals. Exchanging opinions with respect and clarity.

That is why one of the key things on any non-human agenda would be to avoid it (as in your case), possibly by posting cartoons, quoting other people and venturing no opinion or - if the Right-wing disease has progressed beyond treatment - actually banning it as in the Weimar Republic or the current Right-winger who want to ban Qur'ans or other expresions of human belief.
post #176 of 824
Quote:

Another example - I was going to predict it but I thought it superfluous and overkill.

It's obvious that debate is also one of the key things that makes us human.... an interaction between individuals. Exchanging opinions with respect and clarity.

That is why one of the key things on any non-human agenda would be to avoid it (as in your case), possibly by posting cartoons, quoting other people and venturing no opinion or - if the Right-wing disease has progressed beyond treatment - actually banning it as in the Weimar Republic or the current Right-winger who want to ban Qur'ans or other expresions of human belief.

So, because I refuse to "debate" you, I am pursuing a "non-human" agenda.

And I'm sure Anthropogenic Global Warming zealots asking when they can start jailing or executing skeptics are Right-wingers, too.

post #177 of 824
Quote:

So, because I refuse to "debate" you, I am pursuing a "non-human" agenda.

I would rather think you are out of touch with your humanity so you refuse to debate anyone.

Instead you attempt to give the impression of interaction through posting but it is not true interaction.

It is just throwing stuff out there.
post #178 of 824
Let me make sure I understand you, seg.

I post links to information supporting the topic of the OP, but because I "refuse" to offer commentary on every link and back it up with more links, I am "out of touch with my humanity" and "trying to give the impression of interaction".

Is that it, in a nutshell?

post #179 of 824
Rightwingers like to express their feelings about those with differing political opinions by stomping on their heads.

eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #180 of 824
Quote:

Let me make sure I understand you, seg.

I post links to information supporting the topic of the OP, but because I "refuse" to offer commentary on every link and back it up with more links, I am "out of touch with my humanity" and "trying to give the impression of interaction".

Is that it, in a nutshell?

It's ball park but as usual Wingers have things back to front....the 'bizarro' effect where 'freedom = slavery' etc.

You are not out of touch because you refuse - you refuse because you are out of touch.

Let's interact now...why do you follow Right-wing ideals?

You could describe what drew you to it, what you feel about it...why in short...

That leads to understanding....all the rest is just polemic no? I say this because I think there is hope (not hope for you to become enlightened or see things my way) but hope for deeper understanding....you should cherish that...look at the other Right-wingers on here. Not a hope of dialogue and they are, in effect, a list of the sole extremists on here....Do you want to end up like that?
post #181 of 824
Quote:

Lefty Crackpot Theory: Chinese Dictators Funneling Cash into GOP Campaigns to Export Jobs

I now state my opinion:

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

So says the guy who wrote that if the Democrats werent successful in the November elections they would begin to talk about eugenics.
post #182 of 824
Quote:

It's ball park but as usual Wingers have things back to front....the 'bizarro' effect where 'freedom = slavery' etc.

You are not out of touch because you refuse - you refuse because you are out of touch.

Let's interact now...why do you follow Right-wing ideals?

You could describe what drew you to it, what you feel about it...why in short...

That leads to understanding....all the rest is just polemic no? I say this because I think there is hope (not hope for you to become enlightened or see things my way) but hope for deeper understanding....you should cherish that...look at the other Right-wingers on here. Not a hope of dialogue and they are, in effect, a list of the sole extremists on here....Do you want to end up like that?

If you were truly interested in interacting, you would ask me what ideals I follow and why.

Instead, you tell me I'm out of touch with my humanity and that I am pursuing a "non-human agenda". You are telling me what I believe, then asking me why I follow what you consider to be "Right-wing" ideals.

It sounds to me like you've already made up your mind about me, so trying to interact with you at this point would be an exercise in futility.

Interestingly enough, this entire exchange we've had is a microcosm of what the American Left is doing right now, and an excellent illustration of trumpt's OP.

post #183 of 824
Quote:

If you were truly interested in interacting, you would ask me what ideals I follow and why.

Umm...I did....

That's why it went the way it did....you refused.

Quote:
Instead, you tell me I'm out of touch with my humanity and that I am pursuing a "non-human agenda". You are telling me what I believe, then asking me why I follow what you consider to be "Right-wing" ideals.

See above.

All this started with your opinion about Lefties...fair enough. Where it falls down is you refuse to argue your point.

Quote:
It sounds to me like you've already made up your mind about me, so trying to interact with you at this point would be an exercise in futility.

Hmmm

Quote:
Interestingly enough, this entire exchange we've had is a microcosm of what the American Left is doing right now, and an excellent illustration of trumpt's OP.

There is a saying in the Middle East:

Saying 'sugar' does not make your mouth taste sweet.

You could take it as meaning that people who cannot back up their assertions merely parrot them a lot and hope that makes them true.

it doesn't.
post #184 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Rightwingers like to express their feelings about those with differing political opinions by stomping on their heads.

CNN Highlights Assault on MoveOn Worker, Omits Assault on Paul Supporter

Disclaimer: I do not condone the assault on the MoveOn protester

post #185 of 824
Quote:

CNN Highlights Assault on MoveOn Worker, Omits Assault on Paul Supporter

Disclaimer: I do not condone the assault on the MoveOn protester

Just as well.

It's a shame there are no Left-Wing equivalents for you to condemn but I guess you'll be busy 'not condoning' practically 24/7 as these types of Right-wing attacks escalate.
post #186 of 824
Quote:

Just as well.

It's a shame there are no Left-Wing equivalents for you to condemn but I guess you'll be busy 'not condoning' practically 24/7 as these types of Right-wing attacks escalate.

Keep ratcheting up the rhetoric, seg.

post #187 of 824
Quote:

Keep ratcheting up the rhetoric, seg.

Well...I'll stop soon when the violence becomes an everyday occurrence. Would be distasteful.

That will sort the sheep from the goats...or the sheep from the sheep I mean. Be interesting to see which wingers openly admit they support it and who condemns.

Probably stay as it is actually (ie no condemnation and tacit support) as there is pretty much constant Right-wing violence in Europe on an ongoing basis.

I know Europe doesn't count and the victims are mostly Muslims so it's not really real but it will hit the US soon no doubt.
post #188 of 824

post #189 of 824
Quote:

Reverting to type.....

Still, history will record that some small effort was made on one lone occasion.

In reality it's probably more than we have a right to expect, considerably more than we dreamed possible and infinitely more than we can probably handle.
post #190 of 824
Sorry to disappoint you, cego.

Let me know when you're interested in having a real discussion. Then we'll talk.

post #191 of 824
Quote:

Sorry to disappoint you, cego.

Let me know when you're interested in having a real discussion. Then we'll talk.

What about though?

And will you respect me in the morning?
post #192 of 824
Quote:

What ideals do you follow and why do you follow or believe them?
post #193 of 824
Quote:

Reverting to type.....

Still, history will record that some small effort was made on one lone occasion.

In reality it's probably more than we have a right to expect, considerably more than we dreamed possible and infinitely more than we can probably handle.

Hey guys...LOL...sego thinks that Obama and the Dems are too popular just because they support liberal policies.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #194 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

What ideals do you follow and why do you follow or believe them?

That's a broad question. Can you be more specific and ask me what my thoughts are on a particular issue or topic?

Actually, I'm not sure this is the proper venue, as it would further hijack the thread.

post #195 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Hey guys...LOL...sego thinks that Obama and the Dems are too popular just because they support liberal policies.

Uh oh...
post #196 of 824

post #197 of 824
Quote:

And the slide continues...

Maher Mocks American Electorate: 'Theyre Like a Dog,' 'Too Stupid'

Maybe he's right. After all they did elect Barack Obama.

post #198 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Maybe he's right. After all they did elect Barack Obama.

Touché.

post #199 of 824
More Behar on Sharron Angle: I can’t believe this [female dog] sent me flowers

Quote:
In response to Joy Behar’s vicious remarks on The View, the Angle campaign sent a lovely flower arrangement with a note enclosed.

“Joy, Raised $150,000 online yesterday. Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Sharron Angle”

Hilarious!

post #200 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

The tragic state of American politics. The attack from a different perspective:

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The American Left Slides Into Psychosis