or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The American Left Slides Into Psychosis
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The American Left Slides Into Psychosis - Page 11

post #401 of 824
There is no evidence that Democrats are discussing eugenics.

It doesn't exist.

You don't care if it exists or not.

You just want to "convince lurkers."

But you are a liar. If you convince anyone, it's at the cost of your dignity, and at the cost of your nation having a grown up conversation about politics.

There is no evidence. You have posted no evidence. You've just posted some out-of-context quotes that have nothing to do with eugenics.

When you're called on it, you resort to ad hominem attacks.

Because it's all a game to you, and you don't care.

You don't deserve a scrap of respect. You're just a little boy.
post #402 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

[Buzzing back and forth between trumptman and jazzguru on private messages right now:

Lets just ignore him.

Yeah. lol

Well just carry on like we do with the other threads, posting quotes without comment and ignoring responses from now on?! lol tee hee

Tee hee.

Yeah, tee hee, lol. Its great being a right wing extremist.

Yeah. If those pussies would stoop to our level

THEY NEVER WILL! They still treat us with respect, they still argue with us like theres a TINY chance well stop being fucking cynical liars! They'll KEEP on having attacks of trying to argue reasonably and and and well just carry on writing any old shit. XD

trumptman, dont use language like that. Im a Christian. \

Oh fuck it, they deserve it, though, dont they? Liberals are all such CUNTS.

trumptman, Im asking you nicely. I agree that all liberals everywhere are suffering from psychosis, and deserve contempt, but that kind of language...]

MJ--go to the sand box now!!!!----tm's favorite place---how many of us ended up there?
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #403 of 824
NEW PAGE, QUESTIONS FROM THE PREVIOUS PAGE CAN BE FORGOTTEN AND NOT ANSWERED---

tm & jg "whew survived another page"

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #404 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

NEW PAGE, QUESTIONS FROM THE PREVIOUS PAGE CAN BE FORGOTTEN AND NOT ANSWERED---

tm & jg "whew survived another page"
if[/IMG]

They don't care. They don't give a fuck.

Politics is like football to them.
post #405 of 824

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #406 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post


無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #407 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

They don't care. They don't give a fuck.

Politics is like football to them.

Perhaps you haven't read my "denial" thread article. Look at what your side has to say about treating politics as a "team sport." WTF.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #408 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Perhaps you haven't read my "denial" thread article. Look at what your side has to say about treating politics as a "team sport." WTF.

I've read your denial thread and I can see where you get your introspectively based insight.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #409 of 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

"JG.... you weren't sharing the toys in the sandbox.
What do you have to say for yourself young man?"

Please note that trumptman and jazzguru are confined to the "sandbox" because their overuse of the term.



Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Oh noes. Someone is getting upset because they think the public sand box belongs to them....Are you going to same I'm a poopy head until I give you back your public sandbox Sego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here lets play a game you guys play
Yes, yes I know! Here at the fantasyland sandbox only SDW and trumptman are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Man, you really are stuck in the partisan sandbox. How sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

So in other words...
Sandbox!
Same old stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

But you'd have to actually look outside the partisan sandbox to understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It appears you're playing in your oft-mentioned sandbox with the rest of us. Just an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Please make sure to play in the shallow sandbox.
It is understood that you need to hire funnier writers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Here's your sand pail and shovel. I'm sure the other kids in the sandbox will have reasoning on a similarly high level as no...no...no.Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Let me save jimmac the trouble. Sandbox!
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #410 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Perhaps you haven't read my "denial" thread article. Look at what your side has to say about treating politics as a "team sport." WTF.

Get back to me when I start a thread seriously suggesting that every single right wing American is suffering from mental health issues.

Get back to me when I try and maintain that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics.

WTF indeed. There are people on this board who come here and tell lies knowing that they're lies to "convince lurkers", and post absurd things that make serious debate impossible, and actually defend violence (as Jazzguru did when that Rand Paul supporter stomped on that girl's head, posting a link about her politics) and you don't say a god damned thing.

Because it's "your side."

So get off your high horse. You're as bad as them. I'm not much better, probably. But the moral high ground is emphatically not yours.
post #411 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post




Please note that trumptman and jazzguru are confined to the "sandbox" because their overuse of the term.


I think I taw a kitty kat.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #412 of 824
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Get back to me when I start a thread seriously suggesting that every single right wing American is suffering from mental health issues.

Get back to me when I try and maintain that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics.

WTF indeed. There are people on this board who come here and tell lies knowing that they're lies to "convince lurkers", and post absurd things that make serious debate impossible, and actually defend violence (as Jazzguru did when that Rand Paul supporter stomped on that girl's head, posting a link about her politics) and you don't say a god damned thing.

Because it's "your side."

So get off your high horse. You're as bad as them. I'm not much better, probably. But the moral high ground is emphatically not yours.

Maybe we could just get back to you when you.... actually start a thread.

See a true psychotic would spend a few hundred replies complaining that someone won't give them the information they want, or won't post the way they want or that their thread titles are wrong, or the intent of the post is a a bad one, etc. instead of you know... actually just starting a thread where they can post and say whatever they want about whoever they want.

Of course the problem is that the left doesn't stand for anything. They simply buy their votes and engage in theft. That isn't much of a principle to defend and so folks like yourself don't defend it. Likewise turning everyone you want to vote into into a victim by some historical grievance isn't much fun to defend either. It's much easier to go into other threads and just scream that everyone is a hatemonger, an -ist practicing an -ism, and that they want to destroy the planet than it is to start a thread trying to attempt to explain those points. It's also easier to nitpick at people dismissing and yelling prove it, prove it instead of you know... discussing something.

You seem to hate the writing and thoughts of all these "team" posters you complain about. Here's a thought, go start some posts and discuss your own thoughts your own way. Then we can piss and moan at you for a while.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #413 of 824

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #414 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You have to be a little crazy to assume that anyone who doesn't support you or your policies is stupid and/or misinformed.



"We lost the House because Americans are too stupid to understand that everything we are doing is for their own good. We need to dumb down our message even more so its easier for those idiots to understand. Then they'll vote for us."





The arrogance of Obama and the American Left - the assumption that anyone opposed to their policies is an idiot - is the real reason for their failure.

Their psychosis is on full display.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #415 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post





The arrogance of Obama and the American Left - the assumption that anyone opposed to their policies is an idiot - is the real reason for their failure.

Their psychosis is on full display.

PSYCHOSIS IS A WORD WITH A MEANING.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

You could describe this as arrogance. Your interpretation of events is inaccurate, in my opinion, but you could just stop at "arrogant."

But no, you have to go to "psychosis." They have mental health issues. They are insane. They aren't like us sane people. They need treatment. A vast swathe of the American electorate. "Psychotic."

Psychotic people are damaged to the point of being dangerous; they usually need to be treated in secure hospitals. And you could stop at arrogant, but no, you have to demonise nearly half of your countrymen.

You are telling a lie, saying that they're psychotic. And you don't really care, do you.
post #416 of 824

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #417 of 824
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #418 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemur

Now we have both posted irrelevant Wikipedia entries.

Democrats are not "psychotic."

That is an offensive, childish accusation that will only make real conversation more difficult.

You're making your country shitter doing this. Take some frigging responsibility and grow up.
post #419 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Of course the problem is that the left doesn't stand for anything. They simply buy their votes and engage in theft.:

The left doesn't stand for anything.

Although sometimes they are communists, and fascists, and socialists, and fuck knows what else. But, no, they don't stand for anything. Their only purpose is to ... steal votes. So they can impose their ruinous policies, which are simultaneously communist-fascist and stand for nothing.

You are incapable of a discussion based on facts. This is demonstrably true. Democrats are not talking about eugenics. Half of the American electorate is not in need of treatment for psychosis.

If you were interested in a discussion based on facts, you wouldn't resort to this hysterical, pants-pissing nonsense, which you KNOW are lies.

You make statements. I demand evidence. You resort to ad hominem attacks, like "psychotic."
post #420 of 824
Quote:

Wow..great. Revolution is often necessary unfortunately. I alway thought the US sheep were too tame for it but this gives me hope.

A1 right-on.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #421 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

The left doesn't stand for anything.

Although sometimes they are communists, and fascists, and socialists, and fuck knows what else. But, no, they don't stand for anything. Their only purpose is to ... steal votes. So they can impose their ruinous policies, which are simultaneously communist-fascist and stand for nothing.

You are incapable of a discussion based on facts. This is demonstrably true. Democrats are not talking about eugenics. Half of the American electorate is not in need of treatment for psychosis.

If you were interested in a discussion based on facts, you wouldn't resort to this hysterical, pants-pissing nonsense, which you KNOW are lies.

You make statements. I demand evidence. You resort to ad hominem attacks, like "psychotic."

When Trumpy describes any group - Left or Right - he only ever means in the context of America.

He's half-right sometimes. the US 'left' is not really Left at all in terms of the real - ie wider - world.

The American Left are really a schismatic Right-wing splinter group in relation to the real world. As such, being vaguely centre-right they may well be capable of anything.

Don't make the mistake of thinking Trumpy has a wider vision than he has.

Even a stopped clock with it's cogs missing is correct twice a day.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #422 of 824
Quote:

A Republican SENATORIAL CANDIDATE hints at violent revolution.

If I were to stoop to your level I'd say that Republicans were psychotic.
post #423 of 824
I laugh in the face of any PO "progressive" making the assertion that they would never say the American Right is psychotic.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...6&postcount=29

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I'm not so sure...there is a huge amount of evidence linking mental instability and right-wing tendencies.

The type of 'ranting' Dictator for example - Hitler say as opposed to Stalin who was more placid - is exclusively right-wing. To be a Dictator does not by definition make you crazy and there have been many sane ones...none from the political right though.

Additionally consider this: obsession with God and a morbid frigidity and/or fear of sex (particularly fear - manifested as antagonism - of homosexuality) are well documented by Freud, Adler and Lacan as being key elements in psychological disintegration and emblematic of the neurotic personality which is prone to lapse into psychotic episodes.

Now these factors are the exclusive provenance of the Christian-Right. There is no 'Christian Left' and if there was it would have none of those characteristics.

So I think the link between right-wing ideology and insanity is quite undeniable.

You are kind of right though - insanity doesn't distinguish between political views as such but it is clear Right-wing views are a manifestation of neurosis and a strong sign that something is going wrong....right-wing tendencies are a manifestation of underlying psychological problems...a symptom if you will.

Using your own "logic" against you, if you have not come out and publicly condemned cego's above assertion, you are in support of it.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #424 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I laugh in the face of any PO "progressive" making the assertion that they would never say the American Right is psychotic.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...6&postcount=29

Using your own "logic" against you, if you have not come out and publicly condemned cego's above assertion, you are in support of it.

Whether he agrees with it or not at least he probably understands what it means.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #425 of 824


Damned "PSYCHOTIC" Pinko Communistic Democrats practicing "EUGENICS".
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #426 of 824
Thread Starter 
Well it's time to get back to the topic rather than sweating those who exemplify the thread. As was noted by JG, the hose hinted at violence but only because his guest, leftist cartoonish (and talk about fitting the caricature yourself there Mr. Rall) Ted Rall was calling for outright violence and revolution.

He was being intereviewed on his new book and I've got a nice excerpt of it here.

Also in the interest of demands, and our many leftist friends who make them, I've got a few as well. I'll probably throw in some colorful profanity to just to be down with the cool kids.

First, if you don't condemn both the host and and the author/cartoonist/guy who clearly would have his ass kicked in a fight, then you are uncredible team player and a hack sell out who has no business posting here or anywhere else since you are just a hack who will justify anything and lie to allow your team to win.

Second, since this exists, even if it is an example, it has harmed certain groups and those groups need to be made to feel included. Likewise if you can not prove that your coalition of people with your beliefs has inclusive numbers of said labeled and lambasted people as part of it, then while this man has explicitly excluded them, it is clear that the left is implicitly excluding them.

If you don't have a call or plan or demand to include these groups, then you are just as much a part of the problem as Mr. Rall.

If you don't jump through all my hoops then you can't be seriously considered part of the discussion.

Also you must condemn MSNBC for even giving airtime to such a clear extremist and admit they are clearly a biased pseudo-news organization with a violent and extremist agenda of their own.

Oh, kiss my ring and lick my toes.

Quote:
We are here because the U.S. is going to end soon. Theres going to be an intense, violent, probably haphazard struggle for control. Its going to come down to us versus them. The question is: What are you going to do about it?

Christian fundamentalists, the millennial end-of-theworlders obsessed with the Left Behind series about the End Times, neo-Nazi racists, rural black-helicopter Michigan Militia types cut from the same inbred cloth as Timothy McVeigh, allied with mainstream gun nuts and right-wing Republicans, have been planning, preparing, and praying for the destruction of the Godless, secular United States for decades. In the past, they formed groups like the John Birch Society and the Aryan Nations. Now the hard Right has a postmodern, decentralized non-organization organization called the Tea Party.

Nick Note - This is the enemies list. These are the people who must, per Rall, die since it is us versus them.

Quote:
Right-wing organizational names change, but they amount to the same thing: the reactionary sociopolitical forcethe sole forcepoised to fill the vacuum when collapse occurs. The scenario outlined by Margaret Atwoods prescient novel The Handmaids Talerednecks in the trenches, hard military men running things, minorities and liberals taken away and massacred, setting the stage for an even more extreme form of laissez-faire corporate capitalism than were suffering under todayis a fair guess of how a post-U.S. scenario will play out unless we prepare to turn it in another direction

I know it's true because a piece of science fiction from 1985 told me so.

Quote:
A war is coming. At stake: our lives, the planet, freedom, living. The government, the corporations, and the extreme right are prepared to coalesce into an Axis of Evil. Are you going to fight back? Will you do whatever it takes, including taking up arms?

Call me crazy but I'm not sensing much wiggle room there. I'm guessing he isn't inclined to split the difference and only form an Axis of Semi-Evil.

Quote:
The millions of partisans who follow Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and right-wing televangelists happen to be the best-armed people around, and they despise just about everyone who doesnt think and pray like them. They will see collapse as affirmation of their beliefs that secular liberalism is destructive. They will also see it as an opportunity to create a new, ordered world atop the ashes. They will act to stop teenage sluts from getting abortions, teach niggers a lesson, and slaughter those spics, dots, and everyone else who doesnt fit into their vision of what and who is right

Wow that is quite the enemies list. Anyone who watches Fox News, listens to Rush Limbaugh (and likely talk radio in general) or watches any tv church pastor is the enemy. I always find it interesting when leftists adopt hate speech not just against their enemies but in portraying their enemies speaking of others. It sort of becomes like a "get out of racial tolerance" free card.

Quote:
I want to kick people in the ass. To get them thinking. To get you thinking. I want you to understand the situationyour situation. I want you to see that revolt is a good idea, and that it has never been more necessary. I also want you to size up the opposition (both the government and 28 The Anti-American Manifesto the extreme right): They will never get weaker.We have as good a chance at taking them on as ever.

The time is short and MSNBC is losing more viewers by the day. Start shooting your enemies now before them become too strong and overwhelm you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #427 of 824
Speaking of psychosis...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...&postcount=281

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

I think the best way to handle this is just make everyone aware that this Mumbo Jumbo guy has the same IP address as Hassan i Sabbah, who was banned.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #428 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Speaking of psychosis...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...&postcount=281

I'm curious in what way that strikes you as "psychosis." People reregister on forums under new names all the time.
You can't stop it.
Reply
You can't stop it.
Reply
post #429 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I've read your denial thread and I can see where you get your introspectively based insight.

While some here have accused me of being unable to comprehend in the past, I must admit: I honestly have no idea what the hell your statement means. None. You clearly don't know what the word "instrospectively" means, nor do you realize that its tense does not agree with the rest of the phrase.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Get back to me when I start a thread seriously suggesting that every single right wing American is suffering from mental health issues.

Just...stop. That is not at all what he was stating or implying. And you know it.

Quote:

Get back to me when I try and maintain that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics.

Why not, they favor abortion on demand, oppose a partial birth abortion ban, support stem cell research even when the embryos are destroyed, and so much more. Is it that much of a stretch?

Quote:

WTF indeed. There are people on this board who come here and tell lies knowing that they're lies to "convince lurkers", and post absurd things that make serious debate impossible, and actually defend violence (as Jazzguru did when that Rand Paul supporter stomped on that girl's head, posting a link about her politics) and you don't say a god damned thing.

Because it's "your side."

The irony of this statement is astounding. You are proving my point with each passing statement.

Quote:

So get off your high horse. You're as bad as them. I'm not much better, probably. But the moral high ground is emphatically not yours.

I'm not on any high horse. I was merely pointing out that there are plenty of folks whom you agree with that are treating our government as nothing more than "team sport."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

PSYCHOSIS IS A WORD WITH A MEANING.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

You could describe this as arrogance. Your interpretation of events is inaccurate, in my opinion, but you could just stop at "arrogant."

But no, you have to go to "psychosis." They have mental health issues. They are insane. They aren't like us sane people. They need treatment. A vast swathe of the American electorate. "Psychotic."

Psychotic people are damaged to the point of being dangerous; they usually need to be treated in secure hospitals. And you could stop at arrogant, but no, you have to demonise nearly half of your countrymen.

You are telling a lie, saying that they're psychotic. And you don't really care, do you.


He didn't write "psychotic." He wrote "psychosis." Now, is it a bit of hyperbole? Of course. But he has a point. The American Left has become positively unhinged, particularly after this election. By "American Left", I mean the vocal representatives who are in the media, not just people with liberal views. I can't speak to what the latter group feels, but I do think that true secular progressives (of the Obama variety) must be really depressed and pissed. They just got their electoral asses handed to them, and wokeup with a major hangover thinking "Shit, I guess the country really IS center-right."

Now, some haven't gotten there yet. Some are in denial, as I point out in the other, aforementioned thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

The left doesn't stand for anything.

I can't speak for trumpy, but I doubt he's made that point. On the contrary, I think they stand for a lot of things.

Quote:

Although sometimes they are communists, and fascists, and socialists, and fuck knows what else.

True

Quote:
But, no, they don't stand for anything. Their only purpose is to ... steal votes.

Well, they are pretty good at that.

Quote:
So they can impose their ruinous policies, which are simultaneously communist-fascist and stand for nothing

They are not communist, nor fascist, nor purely socialist. However, the policies proposed are much more "progressive" than those proposed throughout our history. They are not socialist in the sense that Castro and Chavez are socialist, but they have some similar components. It's all incrementalism and nuance, just like Obama. He believes in the "Free Market," but also supports addressing "income inequality" through redistributive tax policies (and through the courts--he's said so). He supports business, but has no problem with taxes rising.

The basic principle here is that Obama does not like the country as presently constituted. When he ran on "remaking America," what most people failed to realize was that he was serious. He believes that while America has many good points, our system and society is basically unfair. He sees it as his job to correct it and make it more "fair."

Quote:


You are incapable of a discussion based on facts. This is demonstrably true. Democrats are not talking about eugenics. Half of the American electorate is not in need of treatment for psychosis.

1. He's been here a long time and makes some of the most fact-based arguments I've seen. I've been here since January of 2000, btw. I only bring that up to demonstrate I've seen a LOT of discussion.

Quote:

If you were interested in a discussion based on facts, you wouldn't resort to this hysterical, pants-pissing nonsense, which you KNOW are lies.

And if you calmed down, maybe had a glass of wine or something, you'd realize that he wasn't attempting to paint "a swath of the electorate" (or you) as psychotic." You are the one who sounds utterly hysterical. Truly.

Quote:

You make statements. I demand evidence. You resort to ad hominem attacks, like "psychotic."

Here again, while I've seen trumpy jab people and poke fun, I've never once seen him engage in an ad hominem attack. If anything, he rails against that kind of tactic. I'm sorry, but I don't see how a reasonable person (clearly not you, as you've demonstrated) could conclude that this thread constitutes an "ad hominem attack."
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #430 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

While some here have accused me of being unable to comprehend in the past, I must admit: I honestly have no idea what the hell your statement means. None. You clearly don't know what the word "instrospectively" means, nor do you realize that its tense does not agree with the rest of the

Snip

tack."

Dear SDW2001.

Words have meanings. What do we call someone who is suffering psychosis?

Psychotic. That is what the word means

If you'd read the post that started this thread, you would see that the VERY FIRST LINE is "The left's psychosis, like those of many individuals, involves violence."

Trumptman is saying that left wing Americans are psychotic. THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR.

You don't like that? I understand. You can be brave and condemn trumptman for it. But that is what this thread is FOR. Do me a favour? Go and read the first post in this thread.

Trumptman is saying that left wing Americans are suffering from psychosis. That is a lie, and it is hysterical, and childish. He is also arguing that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics. That is a lie, and it is hysterical, and childish.

You can be brave, and admit this. You can be principled, and reject it.

Or you can carry on defending it, because he's on your team.

I already know what you're going to do.
post #431 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Speaking of psychosis...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...&postcount=281

And trumptman was banned from applenova for making a racist joke in a thread about Hewlett Packard face recognition before rejoining under the name MumboJumbo.

Is he psychotic too?

Calm down, change your underpants, and disagree with people like a grown up instead of calling them names.
post #432 of 824
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

When Trumpy describes any group - Left or Right - he only ever means in the context of America.

Well I certainly do mean the American version when it is in the thread title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Dear SDW2001.

Words have meanings. What do we call someone who is suffering psychosis?

Psychotic. That is what the word means

If you'd read the post that started this thread, you would see that the VERY FIRST LINE is "The left's psychosis, like those of many individuals, involves violence."

Trumptman is saying that left wing Americans are psychotic. THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR.

You don't like that? I understand. You can be brave and condemn trumptman for it. But that is what this thread is FOR. Do me a favour? Go and read the first post in this thread.

Trumptman is saying that left wing Americans are suffering from psychosis. That is a lie, and it is hysterical, and childish. He is also arguing that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics. That is a lie, and it is hysterical, and childish.

You can be brave, and admit this. You can be principled, and reject it.

Or you can carry on defending it, because he's on your team.

I already know what you're going to do.

Now I believe there was a rather long thread whereby you clearly demanded that "conservatives celebrated" required everyone else understand that this DIDN'T mean all people of that persuasion, but meant merely plural. You're trying to have it both ways. You've got to admit you are wrong on one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And trumptman was banned from applenova for making a racist joke in a thread about Hewlett Packard face recognition before rejoining under the name MumboJumbo.

Is he psychotic too?

Calm down, change your underpants, and disagree with people like a grown up instead of calling them names.

Actually what makes you psychotic in this instance is JG linked to the board moderator revealing this information about you. I'm sure if I wanted to, I could go dig into the PM's of mine where I asked Lundy about it and requested you not be permabanned and he told me no go because of the re-registration to circumvent the ban bit. In otherwords we have the board operators stating who you are and the rationale for you being banned.

You have no proof, only allegations and insinuations. You've also not shown what someone not letting you play with the toys in their sandbox means with regard to an allegation. This makes you indeed psychotic.

Also remember, you can't ride in the passenger seat of my car because you make racist statements. You can't stay at my house or log on to my wifi network or drink my tea all because you make racist statements.

I own something and deny you use of it. That means all statements I make about you must be true per your reasoning.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #433 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post


A post I can't understand.

Well. That's all lovely, trumptman.

But the fact is, that when you say that The American Left is Sliding into Psychosis, that is a lie, and you are being hysterical or childish, because there is no evidence of that, at all.

And when you say that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics, that is also a lie, and again you are being hysterical or childish, because there is no evidence of that, at all.

And when you call me "psychotic", that is an ad hominem attack, and you are a hypocrite, and a child, and instead of debating facts you resort to name calling.

Grow up. Come back to reality.

Debate the facts and make a civilised contribution to your nation's political conversation instead of demonising your opponents with aspersions on their mental health, which is offensive and adolescent.
post #434 of 824
Thread Starter 
It's cute when you ignore all the stuff that proves you wronga and repeat yourself.

It's ironic when you demand people address facts and be civilized while doing while ignoring facts and civilized discussion while hurling all manner of names and accusations.

Please sober up.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #435 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It's cute when you ignore all the stuff that proves you wronga and repeat yourself.

It's ironic when you demand people address facts and be civilized while doing while ignoring facts and civilized discussion while hurling all manner of names and accusations.

Please sober up.

You have said that the American left is sliding into psychosis.

This is a lie.

You have said that senior democrats are discussing eugenics.

This is also a lie.

When I have attempted to engage you on this by asking you to provide facts, you have called me "psychotic."

That is an ad hominem attack.

Do you want to debate the facts and make a civilised contribution to your nation's political conversation or do you want to demonise your opponents by casting aspersions on their mental health?

The former is worthy of respect. The latter, which you've been doing for all the eleven pages of this thread, is offensive and adolescent.
post #436 of 824
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

You have said that the American left is sliding into psychosis.

You have said that no quantifiers need be attached and it is the fault of the reader if they read two as everyone.

This is the truth.

Quote:
You have said that senior democrats are discussing eugenics.

This is also a lie.

This is the truth. See how much fun it is to stridently repeat oneself.

Quote:
When I have attempted to engage you on this by asking you to provide facts, you have called me "psychotic."

That is an ad hominem attack.

No I've called you psychotic for lapsing in to tantrums of name calling profanity and accusations in no form related to the discussion or even this forum. The term describes your actions and isn't an attack upon your character.

Quote:
Do you want to debate the facts and make a civilised contribution to your nation's political conversation or do you want to demonise your opponents by casting aspersions on their mental health?

You are not capable of a fact based discussion. You are here to troll and play games. This would be clear to anyone who notes you have been repeatedly banned and once spent an entire thread arguing that "conservatives celebrated" only meant two and not the entire conservative movement. Now when having your own logic applied to you, you lose your mind trying to defend your own hypocrisy.
Quote:
The former is worthy of respect. The latter, which you've been doing for all the eleven pages of this thread, is offensive and adolescent.

I'd call someone who continues to subject themselves to an influence that they consider to be offensive and adolescent (along with several other colorful names and profane terms you've aimed at the participants) and then complains bitterly about it to be psychotic. Please stop punching yourself in the face and then complaining that it hurts. No one is forcing you to participate. Why have a discussion with parties you consider so beneath yourself and that you in fact claim are harmful to political discourse and the country as well?

Of course in a bit of irony, we'd have to note that people that demonize disagreement such as you have are the very definition of eugenic and psychotic. Disagreement with you isn't just a disagreement. It is harmful to the entire country and perhaps even the world. That you assign yourself and your views such grandiosity and claim that discussion on an internet forum can harm anyone or effect pretty much anything shows exactly how deluded and yes, psychotic your mental state happens to be.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #437 of 824
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The battle is long lost but mummy's little soldiers fight on ensuring dignity goes with it....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #438 of 824
No, trumptman.

As long as you maintain that "the Left" (by any definition of number you please—really, you choose, it's your thread, I don't care) is "sliding into psychosis", you are demonising your opponents by casting aspersions on their mental health rather than engaging in a grown up conversation.

As long as you maintain that senior democrats are discussing eugenics, which is a lie, with no evidence, it is very clear to all that you are incapable of a discussion on facts.

Instead of discussing the topic, you have chosen to make ad hominem statements about me (or rather, "my behaviour") as being "psychotic."

You are being extremely childish. An utter adolescent. And I'm not criticising you, but, rather, your behaviour. So don't start whining.

You have provided no evidence of any kind, despite my repeated requests, to back up your statement that Democrats are discussing eugenics.

None. So I keep asking. And you keep attacking me in response.

You shouldn't have started this thread if you didn't want to discuss the topic.
post #439 of 824
Thread Starter 
The Blaze

What is the deal with lefties and being unable to seperate fiction from reality?!?

They know who Glenn Beck is because of a 1957 movie. Ted Rall knows the future because of a 1985 novel. The blue states and bluest voters are near the countries media centers.

That and they love to get their news from fake newsanchors played by comedians.

The leftists in this country appear to be weakminded fools who watch their television and are incapable of telling the fact from the fiction.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #440 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post


The leftists in this country appear to be weakminded fools who watch their television and are incapable of telling the fact from the fiction.

You have been claiming that senior Democrats are discussing eugenics. This is nonsense.

You have absolutely no right to whine about others being unable to distinguish between fact and fiction.

I keep on asking you for evidence. In reply, you made an ad hominem attack on me, calling me "psychotic."

You are trying to demonise people you disagree with by casting aspersions on their mental health.

Will you grow up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The American Left Slides Into Psychosis