or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Democrats play the misogyny card

Democrats play the misogyny card

post #1 of 25
Democrats have a very, very large problem. They've lost the center and increasingly, the Republican Party or conservative folks running as Tea Party Republican party are capturing it.

The problem for the Democrats begins when the numbers of people of a specific group they are scorning, ridiculing and spreading hate about grows too large. Their little rationalizations to justify the hate move from being tolerable and possibly believable to their own partisans to simply being unbelievable and it becomes evident they will end up ejecting the entire group with their caricatured thinking which ultimately devolves down to us versus them and they label that group a them. We've already witnessed with first with most elements of religion. Many Protestant groups have left the Democratic Part and when Bush and Republicans were making historic gains in the early to mid 00's it was in part due to capturing the majority of Catholics for the first time due in part to the religious intolerance of the Democratic party, and outright scorn pushing them out.

Well the scorn is getting louder and prouder all the time for the Democrats for a group far too large to kick out and ever expect electoral success. This time it is women. Republicans are increasingly seeing ever larger groups of women running for office and they can't all be caricatured away as self-loathing slutbag dimwits. The rift was opened when Hillary Clinton was treated so badly in 2008. In fact I would say that these large number of candidates on the Republican side might have been directly related to that. Women are increasingly leaving the Democratic "plantation." They woke up after seeing what was done to Hillary and realized their conservative positions simply weren't going to be served within that party. The Democratic parties outright sexism towards candidate Clinton overrode the scare tactics that Republicans would put them back in the kitchen barefoot.

For now, Democrats are slitting their own throats with their media allies tossing out gems like this bit. Republican candidates are too numerous so now they are all those Mean Girls.

Quote:
We are in the era of Republican Mean Girls, grown-up versions of those teenage tormentors who would steal your boyfriend, spray-paint your locker and, just for good measure, spread rumors that you were pregnant.

These women Jan, Meg, Carly, Sharron, Linda, Michele, Queen Bee Sarah and sweet wannabe Christine have co-opted and ratcheted up the disgust with the status quo that originally buoyed Barack Obama.

The list and that nastiness of the claims on it is every growing. Democrats can't claim every person that disagrees with them is ignorant, hateful and self-loathing. At some point, they've got to engage or they can do for women what they did with Protestants and Catholics, lose them.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The list and that nastiness of the claims on it is every growing. Democrats can't claim every person that disagrees with them is ignorant, hateful and self-loathing. At some point, they've got to engage or they can do for women what they did with Protestants and Catholics, lose them.

Apparently they can. And predictably, they can also claim that Republicans will take seniors' social security away. The most recent one was put forth by Congressman Patrick Murphy (D-PA). He accuses his opponent, Mike Fitzpatrick, of supporting policies that would lead to a 50% reduction in SS payments. The ad features an elderly woman saying that voters should tell Mike Fitzpatrick that she "can't afford to live on 1/2 her social security."

Disgusting.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3 of 25
A world war was announced
Days ago
But they didn't know
The lazy sunbathers
The lazy sunbathers

The sun burns through
To the planet's core
And it isn't enough
They want more

Nothing appears
To be between the ears
of The lazy sunbathers
Too jaded to question stagnation

The sun burns through
To the planet's core
And it isn't enough
They want more

Religions fall
Children shelled
"...Children shelled ?
That's all very well,
but would you please keep the noise down low ?"
Because you're waking
The lazy sunbathers ...
Oh, the lazy sunbathers
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #4 of 25
Is this the female version of an "Uncle Tom" or "house negro"?
post #5 of 25
Quote:

(Women) woke up after seeing what was done to Hillary and realized their conservative positions simply weren't going to be served within that party. The Democratic parties outright sexism towards candidate Clinton overrode the scare tactics that Republicans would put them back in the kitchen barefoot.

^^^ Brilliant.

The Democrat party's problems began when it allowed itself to be hijacked by the lunatic fringe. If their core constituency no longer identifies with their radical agenda, where do you think they're going to turn?

Why Liberals Don't Get the Tea Party Movement

Quote:
Washington Post columnist E. J. Dionne criticized the tea party as unrepresentative in two ways. It "constitutes a sliver of opinion on the extreme end of politics receiving attention out of all proportion with its numbers," he asserted last month. This was a step back from his rash prediction five months before that since it "represents a relatively small minority of Americans on the right end of politics," the tea party movement "will not determine the outcome of the 2010 elections."

As if he needed to demonstrate the degree to which he remains out of touch, Joe Biden agrees.

Quote:
Those who doubt that the failings of higher education in America have political consequences need only reflect on the quality of progressive commentary on the tea party movement. Our universities have produced two generations of highly educated people who seem unable to recognize the spirited defense of fundamental American principles, even when it takes place for more than a year and a half right in front of their noses.

It's a classic psychological defense mechanism at work. These guys need to get outside this nice little comfort zone and see their constituency for what it is.

Quote:

Democrats can't claim every person that disagrees with them is ignorant, hateful and self-loathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Apparently they can.

They can, they have, and they will. Why? It makes them feel good, thus fulfilling the prime directive of the radical liberal parasite happily embodied in Washington.

Nasty? This is nothing. Things are about to get much, much nastier in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Disgusting.

Quite.
A is A
A is A
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

^^^ Brilliant.

The Democrat party's problems began when it allowed itself to be hijacked by the lunatic fringe. If their core constituency no longer identifies with their radical agenda, where do you think they're going to turn?

Why Liberals Don't Get the Tea Party Movement

As if he needed to demonstrate the degree to which he remains out of touch, Joe Biden agrees.

It's a classic psychological defense mechanism at work. These guys need to get outside this nice little comfort zone and see their constituency for what it is.

They can, they have, and they will. Why? It makes them feel good, thus fulfilling the prime directive of the radical liberal parasite happily embodied in Washington.

Nasty? This is nothing. Things are about to get much, much nastier in a couple of weeks.

Quite.

Screw the republicans and the tea party with them.The GOP has nothing new to offer the people the same crap they had for 8 years and this disaster is the outcome now.
post #7 of 25
So who's John Galt then? Trumpy or SDW?

My money's on Trumpy....he's the only person on the board (RIght, Left or Martian) who would describe a Trumpy cookie-cutter post as 'brilliant'.
post #8 of 25

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

Screw the republicans and the tea party with them.The GOP has nothing new to offer the people the same crap they had for 8 years and this disaster is the outcome now.

Oh, do tell. Please explain how The GOP (and presumably Bush) caused "this disaster." I can't wait.
post #10 of 25
Two wars, massive tax cuts without reductions in spending, massive unfunded expansions to entitlements, huge expansion of government, completely ignoring the abusive and criminal practices of Wall Street...

Yeah, not Bush's fault at all.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Two wars, massive tax cuts without reductions in spending, massive unfunded expansions to entitlements, huge expansion of government, completely ignoring the abusive and criminal practices of Wall Street...

And Obama's answer for the above?

Continue the wars, spend us into oblivion, expand entitlements, expand government, bail out the institutions perpetuating the abusive and criminal practices of Wall Street...

Obama has certainly left his stamp of approval on "this disaster".

post #12 of 25
*Citations needed.

"Spend us into oblivion" is vague.

Expand entitlements? Are you referring to the budget neutral healthcare reform?

The bailouts that we got the vast majority of our money back from already and are expecting to get more back soon?

Perpetuating abusive practices on Wall Street by trying to pass financial reform (opposed by the Elephants, of course)?

Withdrawing troops from Iraq?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #13 of 25
Quote:

*Citations needed.

"Spend us into oblivion" is vague.

Do you think government spending has increased or decreased under Obama?

Quote:
Expand entitlements? Are you referring to the budget neutral healthcare reform?

Gov't: Spending to Rise Under Obama's Health Care Overhaul

I'm also thinking of repeated extensions of unemployment and welfare benefits.

Quote:
The bailouts that we got the vast majority of our money back from already and are expecting to get more back soon?

We bailed out corrupt, failing, greedy companies. You know, the kind you constantly rail against. I can't believe you support that.

Quote:
Perpetuating abusive practices on Wall Street by trying to pass financial reform (opposed by the Elephants, of course)?

That so-called "financial reform" did nothing to address the financial black holes that are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - who are at the very heart of the mortgage meltdown. It's just an expansion of regulatory power over lenders that had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Withdrawing troops from Iraq?

Already planned for under Bush. Obama took credit for it. We've got thousands of troops still over there in harm's way. Obama has escalated the war in Afghanistan with no end in sight.

post #14 of 25
So what you're really saying is that the Democrats haven't been Democrat enough and you therefore want Republicans in office. See, I can be obtuse, too!

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #15 of 25
Quote:

So what you're really saying is that the Democrats haven't been Democrat enough and you therefore want Republicans in office. See, I can be obtuse, too!

No. I'm saying that regardless of which party has been in power over the past several decades, the result has been the same: bigger, unconstitutional government. I want candidates in office that will work to reduce the size of government, regardless of political party.

post #16 of 25
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #17 of 25
NYT's Sam Tanenhaus Schools CBS's Lesley Stahl on Tea Party Women

Quote:
CBS reporter Lesley Stahl was very confused on Monday's "Morning Joe". She just couldn't figure out why there are so many women involved with the Tea Party.

Stahl received a basic civics lesson from two unlikely personalities: columnist Mike Barnicle, and Sam Tanenhaus, editor of the New York Times Book Review and author of "The Death of Conservatism".

Tanenhaus noted that economic issues are of particular importance to women, and therefore that women are going to be more active when their economic livelihood is threatened. Barnicle suggested that since women generally handle household finances, the illogic of deficit spending is especially clear to them.

Quote:
STAHL: I wanted to ask all the gurus here, why so many of the Tea Partiers are women. I find that just intriguing and don't quite understand why that has happened?

BARNICLE: I have no idea.

BRZEZINSKI: Sarah Palin? I don't know.

STAHL: I don't know either. But it's a phenomenon, and it's a real, and there are enough that it's a critical mass.

TANENHAUS: Can I propose my suggestion, see what you think of it Leslie [inaudible]? You've been talking about the economy. Who runs the household economy in America? I mean, the classic Greek word for economics means "home economy". Who's paying the bills? Who's worried about the kids and college loans? They are the ones that run the country.

BARNICLE: It could be that women, as we all know, are smarter than men.

TANENHAUS: It's not saying much, but it's true.

BARNICLE: And they have better instincts than men, and they know off what you just said, that the government or their household - you have a checkbook. You can't start writing things for checks that you can't pay for. The checks bounce. We've been bouncing checks as a government for 20 years.

STAHL: But the Tea Partiers are not necessarily saying we have to pay our bills, they're saying no taxes, and that doesn't mean we are going to pay your bills. I'm not sure that's the message. And it is the first answer.

TANENHAUS: Can I throw out a second one?

STAHL: Yeah.

TANENHAUS: The politics of those that have not been engaged in the process before. Very early on in the Tea Party, it was women coming forward saying 'I've never paid attention, now I can organize, now I can get involved.' The greatest contribution conservatism has made to American politics in the last 40 years is that the protest is channelled through organized politics. Conservatives don't take to the streets, they don't burn cities down, they don't riot. They get involved in parties, campaigns, they'll do the work of licking envelopes, right, putting stamps on them. That's women's work, too - you actually do the work, not just talk about it like people like me.

STAHL: It's ultimate anti-establishment.

BRZEZINSKI: Yeah, something about finding a voice, too, happening there. Sam Tanenhaus, thank you very much. And Lesley Stahl, thank you as well.

Leave aside Tanenhaus's comment that licking stamps is "women's work" - imagine the howling if Sean Hannity had said it. For an author not particularly friendly to conservatism generally, Tanenhaus gave a pretty apt description of women's interest in the Tea Party. The movement is an empowering force for a group who have traditionally remained homemakers, outside the realm of political activism.

Rebecca Wales of the conservative women's group Smart Girl Politics agrees. She told the Daily Caller:

Quote:
Women are primarily responsible for the finances in their household, own small businesses, take care of their children and their aging parents… And when those things are threatened, women fight back. This movement empowered them. They found the means to become politically active, found a voice, where they never had before.

Tanenhaus is a liberal, male, New York Times editor. It doesn't get much further from a "mama grizzly" than that. And yet Stahl is apparently so removed from the mainstream of American political thought that she had to take instruction on the issue from the likes of Tanenhaus.

post #18 of 25
Stahl is basically really stupid and clueless and does little more than regurgitate "consensus" about a group she did no original reading on. Why does have that job?
post #19 of 25
Quote:

The wars did not cause the economic meltdown. The tax cuts resulted in more, not less revenue. The unfunded entitlements have not yet kicked in fully. Government expansion is bad, but it didn't cause the problem. Bush did not ignore the Wall Street/Mortgage problem at all. His administration pushed Congress to look at Fannie and Freddie, for example.

It's quite difficult to pin ANY of the economic problems we face on Bush. There are some exceptions. The deficit would probably be a little lower now (less than 25% lower) if they had controlled spending. And while the war in Afghanistan didn't cause the problem, it does cost money.

That's really about all you've got on Bush's end. The economy was strong during the majority of his term. In 2005, Alan Greenspan said that the US Economy was the best he had ever seen it. The Great Recession is a combination of many things, some of which have been going on for 30 years:

--Continually rising house values caused people to treat their houses like ATMs.
--Continually dropping lending standards
--The abuse of financial tools like credit default swaps, overrating sum-prime mortgages.
--The housing bubble bursting, then development of which was aided by lowering lending standards.
--The natural business cycle slowing

And now? The economy is suffering, and the government is making it worse. We printed a trillion dollars to absolutely no avail. What we need to do is cut spending and taxes dramatically. But it seems Obama isn't interested in helping the economy. He's interesting "remaking America." And that he is doing. Had he been interested in the former, Congress would have given a payroll tax holiday for 3-6 months. The economy would have exploded.
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Great find!

Great find #2!

They can keep being clueless all out of office as far as I am concerned. We've gone from hero worship to wondering why Americans are so scared with nothing but Democratic control and this wondering is stupidly being done by Obama himself.

post #21 of 25
Why Tea Party women lead the charge

Quote:
We are 13 days out from 2 November, a date all observers (with the quaint exception of the White House) admit will be a midterm election political "tsunami", and we are seeing a genuine meltdown of both the media and political elite, two groups not happy at all with the new American revolution called the Tea Party. Especially irritating to American Nobility is the fact that women are in front of this storm, leading the way and calling out the political establishment for disdain and punishment on election day.

On Monday, after over a year and a half of the Tea Party emerging as a political force, a cable television roundtable of "experts" in media wondered why the heck so many women were involved in the Tea Party. CBS's Lesley Stahl baffled her panel constructed of a New York Times reporter, someone from Newsweek and other Anointed Ones, when she asked, "I wanted to ask all the gurus here, why so many of the Tea Partiers are women. I find that just intriguing and don't quite understand why that has happened," Stahl said. Their first answer: "Sarah Palin?"

Actually, the answer is: taxed enough already. Women control the household accounts and we know when spending is unsustainable, threatening the very fabric of our families, or our country as the case may be. As one Tea Party rally sign aimed at big government succinctly put it, "My kid isn't your ATM."

The Tea Party represents stakeholders in the American system; people who were never involved in politics or thought they had to be, yet realised that political corruption and incompetence threatened not only their families, but the future of the nation itself. Economic collapse, the shocking spending by an Obama administration that most analysts agree is in over its head, combined with remarkable contempt shown citizens during the debacle of the healthcare debate and legislation, have mobilised those stakeholders – including women and their families – to take action.

While the Tea Party has no leaders, per se, it is clear to most that (former) Governor Sarah Palin embodies the nature and intent of the movement. An American woman hailing from Alaska (the epitome of the Wild West), Palin accomplished the feminist ideal – leading a life that best suited her, combining work and family while not hesitating to reach for political power and influence as well. Her biggest crime, as seen by both political machines and the American left? She does it as a Reagan Republican and as a woman of faith.

Following Palin's tactical lead and encouragement, Tea Party-supported candidates, many of them women, won their primaries and will likely be victorious in November. While CBS's Stahl was simply confused by the presence of women, others in media have reacted differently. In one of her more bizarre pieces, Maureen Dowd of the New York Times complains about the "Republican Mean Girls", all the while being, well, mean to women who are Republicans. I suppose a little projection is the least we should expect from the narcissists-in-charge. Referring to Palin and a host of Republican women candidates, Dowd writes:

Quote:
We are in the era of Republican Mean Girls, grown-up versions of those teenage tormentors who would steal your boyfriend, spray-paint your locker and, just for good measure, spread rumours that you were pregnant.

Is it just me or did we just find out what Dowd's high school experience was like?

Ultimately, attacks on Tea Party candidates and activists are par for the course, but there has been a tactic used against conservative women candidates – they are cast as either sex maniacs or simply crazy and, yes, mean. Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley, Sharron Angle, Jan Brewer, Christine O'Donnell and others have weathered the so-called liberal and feminist strategy of trying to destroy women using the same misogynist tactics they've decried over the years. Americans have seen through those assaults, and grow even more committed to taking this nation back from an arrogant elite who have driven it to the edge.

The liberal feminist movement never imagined that women would take seriously the encouragement to become our own heroes and claim life for ourselves, on our terms, no matter who we are. Pro-choice and pro-life, Christian and not, poor and rich, black, white, gay and straight. It is a dream we all hold dear, and it's called the Tea Party.

post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The liberal feminist movement never imagined that women would take seriously the encouragement to become our own heroes and claim life for ourselves, on our terms, no matter who we are. Pro-choice and pro-life, Christian and not, poor and rich, black, white, gay and straight. It is a dream we all hold dear, and it's called the Tea Party.

Every liberal feminist I know imagines exactly the result when most women gain power.

They kow-tow to male-created agendas and become more 'male' than any hardcase wingnut - ref one Thatcher from whose demonic devastation whole communities are still recovering.
post #23 of 25

post #24 of 25
Mama Grizzlies!! Hahaha!!!

It's pathetic really....
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Every liberal feminist I know imagines exactly the result when most women gain power.

They kow-tow to male-created agendas and become more 'male' than any hardcase wingnut - ref one Thatcher from whose demonic devastation whole communities are still recovering.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Democrats play the misogyny card