or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Macbook requires same repair 3 times

Macbook requires same repair 3 times

post #1 of 5
Hi,

Just over a year ago I made the decision to switch from PC to Mac. I was convinced that what I was paying for was quality and service. While I have been happy with the Service Apple gives offering repairs free in my first year I have had the exact same repair 3 times in one year. Now my year is up I am frustrated as the problem has arisen once again.

The cover that lays on top of the keyboard continually chips off on exactly the same spot at the edge despite me being extremely careful with the machine knowing this problem happened before.

I would love to be able to upgrade to a Macbook Pro to avoid this problem altogether but is there anything I can do? Do I have any hope at all now that my year has gone?

Rameez
post #2 of 5
It's plastic. It's gonna chip if you don't take care of it, and likely if you do. Talk to AppleCare. They manage out-of-warranty repairs on a case by case basis.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #3 of 5
Thats just plastic pal it will be broke if you dont use it carefully.
If you really want to upgrade to macbook pro go ahead you can do that with just less than a $1oo budget. Add some memory then upgrade to a larger, higher rpm drive.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu11724 View Post

Hi,

Just over a year ago I made the decision to switch from PC to Mac. I was convinced that what I was paying for was quality and service. While I have been happy with the Service Apple gives offering repairs free in my first year I have had the exact same repair 3 times in one year. Now my year is up I am frustrated as the problem has arisen once again.

The cover that lays on top of the keyboard continually chips off on exactly the same spot at the edge despite me being extremely careful with the machine knowing this problem happened before.

I would love to be able to upgrade to a Macbook Pro to avoid this problem altogether but is there anything I can do? Do I have any hope at all now that my year has gone?

Rameez

Had the same problem sold mine and bought a MBP 13inch and was best move ever I made
post #5 of 5
The plastic chipping is going to be covered for at least 3 years from the date of manufacture regardless of warranty status.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Macbook requires same repair 3 times