or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Step by step "How to" installation videos thread

Step by step "How to" installation videos thread - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Added Lost Horizon
post #42 of 86
Added: Secret Files: Tunguska
post #43 of 86
Added Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordison
post #44 of 86
FIFA11 wrapper Fix is made. This solves the exiting problem. Have now the complete fun as you have it on windows.
post #45 of 86
Nancy Drew 2 Stay Tuned for Danger added
post #46 of 86
Runaway a Road adventure for the Mac
post #47 of 86
Added nancy Drew the Phantom of Venice
post #48 of 86
RHEM 4 Added
post #49 of 86
Tony hawk Pro skater 3 added
post #50 of 86
VOLVO the game for the Mac
post #51 of 86
Cossacks back to War added
post #52 of 86
Oddworld abes exodus added
post #53 of 86
Empire Earth 2 Added
post #54 of 86
Added Empire Earth 3
post #55 of 86
Desperados 2 added
post #56 of 86
Stronghold + Crusader Extreme
post #57 of 86
added helldorado
post #58 of 86
Nikopol added
post #59 of 86
Velvet Assassin ported
post #60 of 86
Over 70 games. That's commitment for ya. You mentioned you'd played some of the games. Are you playing all of these right through or just getting most up and running?

If the games are playing ok, it might be worth contacting some of the publishers to see if they want their ported games put onto Steam. I would bet a large amount of them won't be receptive to it but the point-and-click adventure game developers would probably love the idea as these games are old and they really don't have much to lose.

It's a shame that some of these classic games won't ever be available to Mac users. At least with the wrapper ports, they are as native as they will ever get and in many cases indistinguishable from running on Windows natively.
post #61 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Over 70 games. That's commitment for ya. You mentioned you'd played some of the games. Are you playing all of these right through or just getting most up and running?

If the games are playing ok, it might be worth contacting some of the publishers to see if they want their ported games put onto Steam. I would bet a large amount of them won't be receptive to it but the point-and-click adventure game developers would probably love the idea as these games are old and they really don't have much to lose.

It's a shame that some of these classic games won't ever be available to Mac users. At least with the wrapper ports, they are as native as they will ever get and in many cases indistinguishable from running on Windows natively.

Well i got some games on my wishlist like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Navyfield, but yeah, many games work in the end :P Some of them take quite some work to figure out where the problems are and fix it. So not all games what i want to port works. And yeah i agree about those adventures, most of them works out of the box, no problems at all. Mostly all new ones too And cool thing is about those old games, which wont run on windows anymore just works on the Mac :P And yeah i contact some publishers, but the they wont react on my mail.... Would really love if Konami would answer my mail about Metal gear solid 1 (golden oldie) which i ported, but hey no reaction yet (after a month). But anyway, may publishers will see this, and perhaps think, hey thats interesting hadnt i had a email from that guy a while ago? :P

Thanks for you reaction Marvin!
post #62 of 86
Ported prince of Persia Forgotten Sands to the Mac! Merry Christmas!
post #63 of 86
Added:

Free game SuddenStrike 2
Free game Offroad Racers
post #64 of 86
Added:
Free game S.W.I.N.E
Free game Pharaoh
post #65 of 86
added:
Free game Pirate battles
Free game Motoracer
post #66 of 86
Added PES 2011
post #67 of 86
Free mini golf
Free Quad racer
post #68 of 86
Added next games:
Free Game Tiberian Sun
Free Golden Solitaire
Free Real Poker
post #69 of 86
Free RED ALERT!!!!!

I am proud to announce you Red Alert! No CD's required! run it just by dubbleclicking the game. Download this great game on my website!
post #70 of 86
Added Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
post #71 of 86
Added Far cry 2
post #72 of 86
Added Stronghold 2
post #73 of 86
Sid Meier's Railroads added
post #74 of 86
Take Command 2nd Manasse added
post #75 of 86
Tombraider Universary added
post #76 of 86
Civcity Rome added
post #77 of 86
Call of Duty Modern Warfare added
post #78 of 86
Thief Deadly Shadows added + Wings of Honor: Battles of the Red Baron
post #79 of 86
Death to all spies: Moment of truth added
post #80 of 86
Neverwinter Nights 2 added
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Step by step "How to" installation videos thread