or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Web Designers beware: IE9 is the IE6 of CSS3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Web Designers beware: IE9 is the IE6 of CSS3

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
http://www.madshrimps.be/news/item/7...+News+RSS+Feed)

the link above says it all. Check the pictures for hilarious examples. IE8 steals the show, but IE9 is busted too.

Oh, Microsoft.
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

Oh, Microsoft.

At least we're all used to it by now. I just wish a major website would force users to upgrade to IE 9 by putting an annoying popup on it telling them to upgrade. Amazon, Youtube, eBay, Google, all of them just put on a giant popup saying their browser is not suitable for use and they need to upgrade to FF, IE9, Safari, Chrome, Opera or Firefox.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

http://www.madshrimps.be/news/item/7...+News+RSS+Feed)

the link above says it all. Check the pictures for hilarious examples. IE8 steals the show, but IE9 is busted too.

Oh, Microsoft.

It's not IE 9 fault. The guy uses webkit specific (-webkit-) properties for CSS3. Chrome and Safri works properly, but only because they're based on webkit. Firefox and IE9 don't render it properly, because those browsers don't use the webkit specific properties. Microsoft took a stance on CSS3 and decided not to use engine specific extensions.

It's like running an OS X application on Windows; you can't. Same thing here.

You can read the discussion here: http://www.osnews.com/comments/23935
Source code: http://css3wizardry.com/2010/07/13/css3-page-flips/
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinN206 View Post

It's not IE 9 fault. The guy uses webkit specific (-webkit-) properties for CSS3. Chrome and Safri works properly, but only because they're based on webkit. Firefox and IE9 don't render it properly, because those browsers don't use the webkit specific properties. Microsoft took a stance on CSS3 and decided not to use engine specific extensions.

It's like running an OS X application on Windows; you can't. Same thing here.

You can read the discussion here: http://www.osnews.com/comments/23935
Source code: http://css3wizardry.com/2010/07/13/css3-page-flips/

They're only engine-specific because they haven't been fully adopted yet.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Its the only browser that passes all the tests they made up.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Web Designers beware: IE9 is the IE6 of CSS3