or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Time of Year for Scary Horror...

The Time of Year for Scary Horror...

post #1 of 12
It's that time again - when fantasy fear and fake horror is traditionally employed to scare the populace.

Yep...it's fake black-op scare the sheep O'ween.

This time however, it's Obama who's wheeling out bin Laden who traditionally worked for the Repubs. Looks like he's swapped sides. Or not - if you catch my drift.

Anyway, just as with Bush, it's time to wheel out 'fake terror' to save Obama in timely fashion from the upcoming poll-booth disaster and remind the sheep where their interests lie.

How do we know this is yet another black-op?

Well...the Saudi 'tip off' sets alarm bells ringing in the first case.

Then there is the fact that packages were addressed to Jewish synagogues (I'm not making this up!!!) which is a bit overkill I think...someone got carried away there....

And of course we have our old friend logic:

If the 'terrorists' can get so many bombs on planes then why address them to synagogues (making it virtually impossible they would not be checked) ?

If they successfully got bombs on planes then why not just detonate them in the air?

HOW did they get bombs on planes? And from YEMEN!!!!!! Is it possible? I'd say no.

Why did they need to? Do 'al Qaeda' have no sleepers in the US? Could they not target the synagogues more successfully and with hundreds of times less risk?

And why no suicide mission? Why packages?

Overall a lame attempt.

It will scare the sheep for sure but it remains the fact that virtually all terror plots and bin Laden messages (yes, he weighed in a few days ago right on time) are actually originating from some Government department responsible for lying to the public.

And the sheep lap it up. They may even let Obama off the hook in the polling booth because of it.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 12
Yemen security forces detain parcel suspect
SANAA | Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:25pm EDT

Quote:
(Reuters) - Yemeni security forces arrested on Saturday a woman thought to be involved in sending explosive packages headed to the United States after surrounding a house where she was hiding in the capital Sanaa, a security official said.

Yemen's President Ali Abdullah Saleh said earlier that security forces had surrounded a house at an undisclosed location where a woman believed to be involved in the apparent plan to attack targets in the United States was taking refuge.

(Reporting by Mohamed Sudam; Writing by Erika Solomon)

Seems to be a developing story. Will wait to see what develops over the next 48 hours.

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #3 of 12
Cargo bombs plot: US hunts Saudi extremist
Chris McGreal in Washington and Vikram Dodd
guardian.co.uk,\t Sunday 31 October 2010 20.59 GMT
Article history

An undated handout photo of Ibrahim Hassan al-Asiri. Photograph: Yemeni Interior Ministry / Handout/EPA

Quote:
The international hunt for those behind the failed attempt to ship bombs on US cargo planes was focused tonight on a Saudi-born extremist linked to al-Qaida in Yemen who is also accused of constructing the Christmas Day bomb.

Security officials believe the bombmaker was Ibrahim Hassan al-Asiri, who is considered to be one of the organisation's most radical adherents after sending his own brother on a failed suicide mission with a bomb in his body cavity.

As it emerged today that one of the bombs had travelled on two Qatar Airways passenger flights before being detected in Dubai, British counter-terrorism officials warned that al-Qaida had exposed a serious vulnerability in aviation security by constructing sophisticated devices that were extremely difficult to detect.

John Brennan, the Obama administration's counter-terrorism adviser, said the explosives "bear all of the hallmarks" of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, which was responsible for the failed attempt to blow up an airliner over Detroit on Christmas Day using explosives hidden in a Nigerian suicide-bomber's underwear.

Quote:
Brennan added that he agreed with British officials that the bombs were intended to bring down planes in flight, even though they were addressed to synagogues in Chicago.

American officials are quietly conceding that although the bombs were tracked down after a tipoff from Saudi intelligence, the fact that a loss of life was averted was down to a certain amount of luck.

Qatar Airways said the bomb discovered in Dubai on its way to Chicago with FedEx had been put on a passenger flight from the Yemeni capital, Sana'a, to Doha in Qatar before being transferred to another plane to Dubai.

Quote:
Meanwhile Yemeni authorities released Hanan al-Samawi, the student suspected of delivering the parcels to FedEx and United Parcel Service (UPS) offices. A family member and a government official told Reuters that the woman, believed to be in her 20s, had been released. "Another woman had used her name and ID. Authorities are looking for that woman," the government official said.

Quote:
The latest devices, like Asiri's previous attempts, contained the explosive, PETN. Intelligence officials say that the bombs were carefully wired so they would look like genuine printer cartridges on a scan.

Saudi Arabia's intelligence chief, Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, tipped off the Americans about the attempted attack.

American suspicion has also focused on a radical American-born cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki, the only US citizen known to be on the CIA's assassination list.

Awlaki is believed to have provided the working knowledge used to assist several attempted attacks in the US as well as "spiritual" guidance and support to would-be bombers.

American officials say he is highly motivated to attack the US on its own soil or readily identifiable American targets, such as airlines. UPS and FedEx are both American companies.

Obama approved Awlaki's name being added to the CIA's assassination list in April after US officials confirmed his links to early bombing attempts.

Quote:
Brennan said that the authorities "can't presume that we have identified all of the packages that are out there".

"We don't know whether or not that's the extent of it, so we're going to continue to pursue all possible leads in the event that there are some other devices that are out there," he said. "It would be very imprudent for me and for others within the counter-terrorism community here and abroad to presume that there are no others out there. That said, we are working with the intelligence that we have. We feel as though we've stopped all of the packages that have come into the United States that were originating in Yemen."

Brennan indicated that the handling of cargo will be overhauled. Officials are likely to examine whether packages should be allowed on to passenger planes and to impose considerably tighter screening of air cargo which has long been thought by security experts to be a weak link compared to the tight controls on individuals flying.

UPS and FedEx have halted business in Yemen.

The home secretary, Theresa May, said Britain has already curtailed cargo deliveries. "What we have done is taken action in relation to future unaccompanied freight from the Yemen, which would either be coming into the UK or through the UK, and banned that freight," she said.
post #4 of 12
I have to give you credit, sego. I was going to start this thread thinking that no one outside of the conservatives on the board would do so. I still think one can ask, however: Where's the outrage? Where are the throngs of AI members saying this terror alert/foiled attack was politically motivated?

For my part, I don't know if it was. I have my suspicions, but we'll never know.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I have to give you credit, sego. I was going to start this thread thinking that no one outside of the conservatives on the board would do so. I still think one can ask, however: Where's the outrage? Where are the throngs of AI members saying this terror alert/foiled attack was politically motivated?

For my part, I don't know if it was. I have my suspicions, but we'll never know.

You have to say it was really - so I'm saying it!

Take this example - which I contend is proof:

Initially we were told the packages were destined for the Jewish centre. Ie not to be detonated while plane was in flight.

NOW it has changed and the claim is they WERE intended to be detonated in flight.

But these cancel each other out.....why address them to the Jewish Centre if they were intended to be detonated in flight? Why send from Yemen?

Oth, why not detonate them if they were intended for that? It seems unlikely multiple devices would fail once on board or that there would be any reason to wait to detonate for a specific location.

All these things make it VERY LIKELY that the plot would be discovered. Surely you would just send to a bland non-suspicious address (no jewish Centres) and not from Yemen.

Also it seems that the woman who placed the packages left her name, address and phone number 9as you have to with these packages) and has been arrested and released.

In short: if this WAS a serious/genuine attempt - nothing could have stopped it.
post #6 of 12
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Bombs tip-off 'came from former al-Qaeda member'

WHO IS THIS MAN?

Looks like we've got a new Boogeyman to replace OBL!

Expect to hear a lot more about this guy!!
post #8 of 12
This thread seemed like the best fit to post this: David Broder suggests a little US saber rattling with Iran to help get Obama re-elected.

It seems that so-called "October surprises" and war actions are not just the tools of the Republicans.

<sigh>

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #9 of 12
Odds of terrorist activity in any given month: decent and constantly increasing.
Odds people will claim conspiracy theory if it happens in the month prior to an election: 100%
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafflation View Post

Odds of terrorist activity in any given month: decent and constantly increasing.
Odds people will claim conspiracy theory if it happens in the month prior to an election: 100%

Odds that sheep will accept anything fed to them without question....wait....one min...my calculator imploded....
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafflation View Post

That's the interesting thing though. When Bush was president it seemed to be taken as a matter of basic faith among Democrats and "liberals" that it was a conspiracy by the Republicans to scare voters. It might well have been. It's likely we'll never know.

However, the timing of this particular terrorist threat hasn't raised much skepticism among the left at all. I applaud segovius for raising the questions in this thread, but the left seems conspicuously silent on and doubts they have about this latest thing and to whether it might be a scare tactic by those currently in power.

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

That's the interesting thing though. When Bush was president it seemed to be taken as a matter of basic faith among Democrats and "liberals" that it was a conspiracy by the Republicans to scare voters. It might well have been. It's likely we'll never know.

However, the timing of this particular terrorist threat hasn't raised much skepticism among the left at all. I applaud segovius for raising the questions in this thread, but the left seems conspicuously silent on and doubts they have about this latest thing and to whether it might be a scare tactic by those currently in power.

A whole host of things change when the left comes to power.

Deficit spending is now justified.
Wars are never wrong.
The world now always "respects" us.
Permanent unemployment is now great.
Staycations are just a nice way of spending your almost two years of unemployment benefits.
Ridiculously high gas and energy prices are not awesome!
Disasters in the gulf states totally rule.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Time of Year for Scary Horror...