or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The End of Blaming Bush

The End of Blaming Bush

post #1 of 67
American Spectator

Quote:
America faces a multitude of problems. It is safe to say that, in the public's mind, there are at least as many as when Bush left office -- many feel there are even more. In the public's opinion, the task now lies in solving these, regardless of when they occurred.

Even those problems, which the public attributed to Bush, they are no longer willing to absolve the Left from addressing. If you offer your policies as solutions, then the public expects you to shoulder the responsibility of doing the job -- not simply assigning the blame.

Just as when a plumber is called to fix a flooded basement, the homeowners quickly tire of explanations as to why the basement is flooded. They just want the water gone. And if it isn't, they call another plumber. America is making that call today.

America has now made it clear that its patience with excuses without results is over. The "blame Bush" ploy no longer works. Simply not being Bush is no longer sufficient qualification.

Conservatives should take this lesson to heart as well. The public has started the clock on them today. In accelerating succession, Democrats held the House for four decades, Republicans then held it for just over one, and Democrats now have held it for just two terms. There is no reason to believe the public will be any more generous to the Right with its patience, than it was to the Left.

Despite the Left's continued attempts to remake it into an intent-oriented society, America is still a results-oriented one. There is no better evidence than this that America remains at its core a conservative nation.

The Left is intent-oriented. For the Left, what motivates is what matters -- not what actually comes from it. What motivates an action is what determines their perception of it. For the Left, it is not simply enough to have accomplished a task, it must have been inspired by adherence to its principles.

The reason is simple: The Left's principles do not work in practice. So the last thing the Left is willing to do, is to have them measured by its results. Instead, it must be measured by intent.

The Right is just the opposite. It is results-oriented. The reason is equally simple: its principles do work in practice. So if an undertaking is measured by outcomes, the Right is confident that, if its principles were applied, the action will have been successful.

This fundamental difference between the Left and Right explains why blaming Bush has been so important to liberals. And so overused. Unable to succeed in practice, they inherently, and eternally, need an excuse.

After today, the Left will have to come up with a new excuse for its inability to solve problems. Even better yet, as America is making clear today, it will have to come up with solutions -- or make room for someone who has them.

Seems like I'm not the only person out there taking note of the intent game.

After today, America has a small chance in my opinion. The conservatives have helped reinvigorate the Republican party via the Tea Party and have taken and mostly reversed a thorough beating from 4 years ago.

What can be done going forward from here? Who knows? It depends upon how quickly other branches can either be captured or influenced from the gains that happen today. I suspect Democrats will control the Senate by a seat or so. The Fed will still be under the control of super Keynesian Bernarke who was nominated by Bush and renominated by Obama. The Boomers will still be out there just as selfish as ever.

As for the Democrats themselves, they don't appear ready to learn anything from this election. Everyone who votes for someone else is a no-nothing, an enemy, they are stupid and scared. They appear ready to go both barrels in with a whole array of -ists and -isms to explain their troubles along with the new and increasingly virulent form of misogyny that labels all Republican women of any form as either nuts, or sluts or both.

Will we see more awakening and movement after this? Can we hope to get the budget deficit down to the horrible and deplorable levels of ONLY $250-300 BILLION a year that we saw during the Bush years instead of the trillion+ we are seeing now? Can someone please end some damn wars and bring the troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Japan, etc.? Can we agree to fair trade as a policy rather than engaging in games of chicken via multiple countries devaluing their currency in an every escalating currency war that is a proxy for the trade war out there?

The problems are looming ever larger. The longer the delay the higher the cost of action. Today isn't a good start because ideally Republicans would have never lost their way in the first place but that didn't happen.

Will it happen this time or is this the last hurrah before the huge decline? The Boomers never thought the rules would apply to them. The professional pundit class thinks that snarky jokes and a march of standing for nothing but mocking everything will somehow show us the way.

Either way, after today, a change has been made and it will hopefully be the beginning of us clawing our way back from the abyss rather than just falling in.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 67
I blame Bush not for Iraq, not for the economy, not for the racism and Islamophobia that stalks America....

I blame Bush for posts like this

I blame him for legitimizing morninicism

I blame him for so entrancing his sheep-like herd that they actually thought it was ok to be as stupid as he was.

I blame him for the continuing legacy of a lobotomized nation, lumbering like Frankenstein from mirage to chimera.... jumping at shadows of their own devising and yet oddly rejoicing in their own stupidity and ignorance while (literally) panicking headless without any leader, adrift and unable to even muster the intellectual capacity to realize they are woefully abnormal and are infecting the world with their contagion.

And for all this we have G W Bush to thank. Not blame - not in their kaleidoscope myopically bizzaro revisionism of the present - not blame, no, never that. THANKS.... thanks verging on the religious.

Thanks verging on the orgasmic.

Thanks for relieving them of the burden of thought.

Thanks for freeing them from the irritation of facts.

Thanks for the legitimization of their animal nature and debasement of almost all that is human.

No blame....just thanks....

And so we learn to love the whip......

Thank you Jesus.....thank you George.....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I blame Bush not for Iraq, not for the economy, not for the racism and Islamophobia that stalks America....

I blame him for so entrancing his sheep-like herd that they actually thought it was ok to be as stupid as he was.

I blame him for the continuing legacy of a lobotomized nation, lumbering like Frankenstein from mirage to chimera.... jumping at shadows of their own devising and yet oddly rejoicing in their own stupidity and ignorance while (literally) panicking headless without any leader, adrift and unable to even muster the intellectual capacity to realize they are woefully abnormal and are infecting the world with their contagion.

And for all this we have G W Bush to thank. Not blame - not in their kaleidoscope myopically bizzaro revisionism of the present - not blame, no, never that. THANKS.... thanks verging on the religious.

Thanks for the legitimization of their animal nature and debasement of almost all that is human.

I'm not trying to suggest that your other posts here aren't interesting, but this post of yours is simply the most biting, poetic and inspiring post I think I've ever read anywhere. Thankyou.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #4 of 67
Quote:

Who would those people be?

Quote:

What you call abnormal, I call American Exceptionalism

Quote:

Thank you Jesus.....thank you George.....[/QUOTE]

So there are 60 million stupid people who voted for him, then?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #5 of 67
Quote:

Let us know when you're going to snap and go on the murder spree against those who you clearly consider to be inferior and subhuman. These phrases denote eugenic thought and clearly are a clarion call for authoritarian and violent action. By your reasoning, who would bemoan herding up and killing a bunch of animals who clearly are debased and not human, who love the whip, who cannot think and who clearly lower the living standard of humans with their teeming masses.

Make sure to polish your boots before you go stomping with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I'm not trying to suggest that your other posts here aren't interesting, but this post of yours is simply the most biting, poetic and inspiring post I think I've ever read anywhere. Thankyou.

Yes if only people would be more willing to taek biting poetic (and violent) posts as forms of payment.

post #6 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Let us know when you're going to snap and go on the murder spree against those who you clearly consider to be inferior and subhuman.

Subhuman is one of your terms Trumpy.

Not every thing humans do is worthy of humanity. You'd improve a lot if you realized that...
post #7 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What you call abnormal, I call American Exceptionalism

What you call American Exceptionalism, I call blind nationalism that prevents us from moving forward. We slip in education rankings. We slip in manufacturing. We slip in access to healthcare. We slip in fighting poverty.

Yet, we don't address these issues because if a politician doesn't utter the phrase "well, of course America is the greatest nation on this Earth," he won't get elected. Newsflash: we may once have been the best, but we certainly are NOT now.

The faith in American Exceptionalism is what's wrong with his nation.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #8 of 67
It's not even close to the end trumpy. History will remember much more than we do now.

Count on it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #9 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

History will remember much more than we do now.

This from a guy for whom "history" doesn't appear to extend much past the year 2000.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #10 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

What you call American Exceptionalism, I call blind nationalism that prevents us from moving forward. We slip in education rankings. We slip in manufacturing. We slip in access to healthcare. We slip in fighting poverty.

Yet, we don't address these issues because if a politician doesn't utter the phrase "well, of course America is the greatest nation on this Earth," he won't get elected. Newsflash: we may once have been the best, but we certainly are NOT now.

Quote:
Newsflash: we may once have been the best, but we certainly are NOT now

Maybe China could send George a thank you letter for getting us out of the way.
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

This from a guy for whom "history" doesn't appear to extend much past the year 2000.

They'll say " Now where did the slide into 3rd or 4th place start for america in the early 21rst century? ".

That'll go way past the the year 2000.
post #12 of 67
Quote:

Subhuman is one of your terms Trumpy.

Not every thing humans do is worthy of humanity. You'd improve a lot if you realized that...

Animal nature instead of human nature. Debasement of what is human. That means reduce, degrade or lower what is human. You are saying they are mongrelizing the human race you eugenicist sicko.

Quote:

It's not even close to the end trumpy. History will remember much more than we do now.

Count on it.

History will remember the greedy and weak boomers not answering the call. Perhaps this will be the start of them answering it though.

Quote:

We do have problems. Right now the Democratic hatred for white males makes their solution into an insane donut hole that solved everything but the actual problem. You look at whole isn't increasing life expectancy or educationally and it is males and specifically white males. We can't help them though because that isn't allowed by Democrats.

post #13 of 67
Quote:

Animal nature instead of human nature. Debasement of what is human. That means reduce, degrade or lower what is human. You are saying they are mongrelizing the human race you eugenicist sicko.

Please provide us your definition. And why are you into name calling?

無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #14 of 67
Quote:

You clearly don't understand what American Exceptionalism is.
post #15 of 67
Quote:

You clearly don't understand what American Exceptionalism.

Don't know about Exceptionalism (is it a Palin buzzword?) but I sure as hell don't understand the sentence above.
post #16 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Please provide us your definition. And why are you into name calling?

I've already provided it thanks. No need for proof of his thought as he has already clearly laid it out there for all to see. As for name calling, the man posts a thread that calls everyone with whom he disagrees every name in the book and you point a finger at me?

You are hilarious. I understand why you prefer to drop links and pictures without thoughts. When you post your own thoughts it is just embarrassing for you.

Quote:

Don't know about Exceptionalism (is it a Palin buzzword?) but I sure as hell don't understand the sentence above.

That isn't at all surprising. Unlike you, we won't justify violence or murder due to your lack of understanding. We won't declare your lack of understanding to be proof of an animal nature, a debasement of all that is human or proof that thought has been eradicated. This is why the tea party protests with signs and others protest with burning, looting, etc. Sorry that it is a foreign concept to you.

post #17 of 67
Quote:

Sorry. Edited. "...what American Exceptionalism is."
post #18 of 67
Quote:

we won't justify violence or murder due to your lack of understanding.

How will you justify it then? Wait...you'll just deny it....of course...works for a while....
post #19 of 67
Quote:

Sorry. Edited. "...what American Exceptionalism is."

What is it then?
post #20 of 67
Quote:

How will you justify it then? Wait...you'll just deny it....of course...works for a while....

There won't be violence by the right. That's what you fail to understand. People are being murdered and cars are burning daily in France, but it is the U.S. in your humble opinion that is gearing up for some sort of violent overthrow.

Those blinders you have on are quite strong.

post #21 of 67
Quote:

What is it then?

What is it with you lefties and your inability to type into Google?

You get down right grumpy when you yell jump and us subhumans won't answer "How high?"

I guess we should just know our proper roles better. Should we make sure to bow down to members of the master race like yourself seg?

post #22 of 67
Quote:

What is it with you lefties and your inability to type into Google?

You get down right grumpy when you yell jump and us subhumans won't answer "How high?"

I guess we should just know our proper roles better. Should we make sure to bow down to members of the master race like yourself seg?

I know what it is Trumpy...I had an edukashun.....

I was merely enquiring what SDW thinks it is....

I find it helps to clarify terms when talking with someone of the Right persuasion - when you're both talking about sugar it often turns out they mean vinegar or something.
post #23 of 67
Quote:

I've already provided it thanks. No need for proof of his thought as he has already clearly laid it out there for all to see. As for name calling, the man posts a thread that calls everyone with whom he disagrees every name in the book and you point a finger at me?

You are hilarious. I understand why you prefer to drop links and pictures without thoughts. When you post your own thoughts it is just embarrassing for you.

Guess I hit a nerve.

post #24 of 67
Quote:

I find it helps to clarify terms when talking with someone of the Right persuasion - when you're both talking about sugar it often turns out they mean vinegar or something.

I can understand where you are coming from. There was a recent thread where this happened to me and I even went and got the definition. Afterwards though the other party didn't want to clarify the term and in fact intentionally avoided clarifying the term while spamming the thread with links and cartoons.

Quote:

Guess I hit a nerve.

post #25 of 67
Quote:

You don't know. At least, you said you didn't know. So, either you're truly ignorant concerning this idea, or you're being disingenuous. Which one is it?
post #26 of 67
Quote:

You don't know. At least, you said you didn't know. So, either you're truly ignorant concerning this idea, or you're being disingenuous. Which one is it?

I said this:
Don't know about Exceptionalism (is it a Palin buzzword?) but I sure as hell don't understand the sentence above. It is quite possible that your level of comprehension interprets this as "I don't know" but this is not actually inherent in the statement.

Firstly it is irony - and as such must set up a contra-distintion - ie a fatuous comparison. This is accomplished by the opening line:

Don't know about Exceptionalism....

followed by BUT

An example of this can be seen in Churchill's joke on first seeing a tank: "don't know about the enemy but it scares the hell out of me"

The Palin buzzword aside was a snipe...lame I know but how was I to know you wouldn't get it?

So what it boils down to is:

1) I never said I did not know
2) You seem to understand that from a statement not expressing that
3) You have no sense of irony
4) I would have to be a particular type of moron to have repeated exposure to the brand of American Wingnut infesting these boards and NOT know of this concept.

In fact, judging from my observations of the rabid Right on here I could deduce it's existence exactly and to the letter even if I was to dumb to use Google were I unaware of it.

You don't have to be Einstein just like you don't need to be Nostradamus to know what the Wingnuts on here are going to say about any given issue.

In fact, you'd have to be particularly dense NOT to predict 90% of it.
post #27 of 67
Quote:

I said this:
Don't know about Exceptionalism (is it a Palin buzzword?) but I sure as hell don't understand the sentence above. It is quite possible that your level of comprehension interprets this as "I don't know" but this is not actually inherent in the statement.

Firstly it is irony - and as such must set up a contra-distintion - ie a fatuous comparison. This is accomplished by the opening line:

Don't know about Exceptionalism....

followed by BUT

An example of this can be seen in Churchill's joke on first seeing a tank: "don't know about the enemy but it scares the hell out of me"

The Palin buzzword aside was a snipe...lame I know but how was I to know you wouldn't get it?

So what it boils down to is:

1) I never said I did not know
2) You seem to understand that from a statement not expressing that
3) You have no sense of irony
4) I would have to be a particular type of moron to have repeated exposure to the brand of American Wingnut infesting these boards and NOT know of this concept.

In fact, judging from my observations of the rabid Right on here I could deduce it's existence exactly and to the letter even if I was to dumb to use Google were I unaware of it.

You don't have to be Einstein just like you don't need to be Nostradamus to know what the Wingnuts on here are going to say about any given issue.

In fact, you'd have to be particularly dense NOT to predict 90% of it.

Yeah see SDW, being a dickhead's cool!

Dude, I totally got it.... you just didn't get the irony I was showing in my snipe there and it's your fault my joke is bad because you're so like....lame, sucky and stupid.

Pffhhhttt.... why do I even waste my time with you?

post #28 of 67
Quote:

We'll take your word for that.... whatever works for you!!!

Quote:
Dude, I totally got it.... you just didn't get the irony I was showing in my snipe there and it's your fault my joke is bad because you're so like....lame, sucky and stupid.

What was that Paul Gallico quote? "Americans don't get irony and if pressed can only resort to abuse as a substitute?"

Quote:

Because you're a loser and have nothing better to do?
post #29 of 67
Quote:

We'll take your word for that.... whatever works for you!!!

You mentioned the w word.... ugh.... yuck. Please don't.

Quote:
What was that Paul Gallico quote? "Americans don't get irony and if pressed can only resort to abuse as a substitute?"

I could quote him, but then I'd be quoting such a mainstream sell out. Come on lame boy!

Quote:
Because you're a loser and have nothing better to do?

Yes but I'm lording it over you and you just fail to see the irony.

post #30 of 67
Quote:

Why not just answer the question instead? Who cares if he's being disingenuous (if he even is)? Isn't that beside the point? You can answer the question and he pops in with "well, duh, I already knew that" and he looks like an ass. You can answer the question and he thanks you for explaining the term and he learns something.

The only thing you accomplish with this kind of response is making yourself look like an ass.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #31 of 67
Quote:

Why not just answer the question instead? Who cares if he's being disingenuous (if he even is)? Isn't that beside the point? You can answer the question and he pops in with "well, duh, I already knew that" and he looks like an ass. You can answer the question and he thanks you for explaining the term and he learns something.

The only thing you accomplish with this kind of response is making yourself look like an ass.

Um I posted a link to Wikipedia. As for looking like an ass, the opposite has occurred already so your prediction is completely false. Instead he blamed SDW for his unwillingness to deal with the snipe and declared he should acknowledge the irony of the situation.

You are 100% wrong.

post #32 of 67
You see this is the problem with some posters here - it's not about dialogue.

But it's worse than that ...it's actually about not having dialogue.

Because dialogue means sharing, dialogue means at least some degree of humility (and yes, humanity) and dialogue means giving some ground.

I can be as rude, arrogant, opinionated and stupid as any of the wingers here but one thing: if there's a chance for dialogue and sharing then I'll try to take it.

It doesn't happen often but there are some people here that it could NEVER happen with. They just don't want that. God knows what they want actually but for sure it does not involve any form of expansion of horizons.

Maybe they just want to be Right. In all meanings of the word.
post #33 of 67
Quote:

Because dialogue means sharing, dialogue means at least some degree of humility (and yes, humanity) and dialogue means giving some ground.

I can be as rude, arrogant, opinionated and stupid as any of the wingers here but one thing: if there's a chance for dialogue and sharing then I'll try to take it.

It doesn't happen often but there are some people here that it could NEVER happen with. They just don't want that. God knows what they want actually but for sure it does not involve any form of expansion of horizons.

You seem to think this is a problem limited to one part of the political spectrum. Am I interpreting you correctly?

post #34 of 67
Quote:

So when you call people tea baggers and declare they have been freed from thought, deal in animal natures, debate humanity, etc exactly what form of humility is that?

Here's a hint. The second you use the word wingers, you've failed to model that which you claim to desire. Given the fact that you consider yourself superior, you should rise above the limitations of those you consider beneath you and at least model the proper behavior.

post #35 of 67
Quote:

Got it, thanks! At least now I realize that it's better to discuss comprehension, semantics and your opponent's intelligence rather than issues. What was I thinking?
post #36 of 67
Quote:

I can understand where you are coming from. There was a recent thread where this happened to me and I even went and got the definition. Afterwards though the other party didn't want to clarify the term and in fact intentionally avoided clarifying the term while spamming the thread with links and cartoons.]

What thread was this? If you got the definition, what did you need to clarify if it was acceptable that you use your definition to answer the question?

Would it be this thread--could it be? But you really didn't answer the question by providing the links that proves Democrats were talking about eugenics---did you?

Quote:

Nice try tm, but remember who was supposed to answer the question---your definition was operative----the Cliff Notes of the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

So says the guy who wrote that if the Democrats werent successful in the November elections they would begin to talk about eugenics.

Quote:

They already are talking about eugenics. The American people are now too stupid and thus are incapable of self-government.

Quote:

When you say that senior members of the Democratic Party have been talking about eugenics? That is a lie.

Quote:

It is the truth. The examples have been noted and are easy to find in media accounts. Your screaming denials don't change that.

Quote:

Eugenics.
WHATEVER the definition. Senior figures in the Democratic party are not talking about eugenics.

You wrote this.

You wrote a lie.

You have provided no evidence.

Quote:

I'm trying to see where you are coming from. I'm not sure what case you are presenting with regard to the Beck link.

Eugenics is broadly defined as promoting the use of practices that you believe will improve the genetic composition of a population.

Quote:

Ok, lets roll with your definition then. Now you have no reason not to provide the information that I and mj asked for, do you----let's not concern ourselves what mj's definition of eugenics are, I'm sure mj won't object about the semantics.

Quote:

Guess I hit a nerve.

Quote:

One of your better answers to date---at least you answered it.

I like this better than your "pretty picture".

Andy Warhol 's Campbell's Soup Can
post #37 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You seem to think this is a problem limited to one part of the political spectrum. Am I interpreting you correctly?

No....I think I'm on record as saying that when dialogue occurs it is - strangely - with certain posters on the Right. You and Fellows would be good examples.

I suppose this depends a lot on one's position politically, there's less to debate with people who share your view so one tends to engage people on the 'opposition' anyway. I'm talking more about attitude.

I can't think of many on the Left who have the belligerent attitude and refusal to find common ground or many on the Right here.

Or it may be the main culprits are just very loud and ubiquitous and drown out the more rational voices on their side.

Quote:

So when you call people tea baggers and declare they have been freed from thought, deal in animal natures, debate humanity, etc exactly what form of humility is that?

Have never used the term tea-baggers. I've told you this before so this now can be escalated to a lie rather than the usual carelessness.

Quote:
Here's a hint. The second you use the word wingers, you've failed to model that which you claim to desire.

Not sure I understand this. It's purely descriptive.

We have to call the lunatic fringe something and in a way it's a compliment to those on the Right who are rational. It means they are not included in that.

I do the same thing with the word 'fundies' - it's a good thing. It means Christians like Fellows for example can be separated out from those I consider different and not genuine. It avoids tarring them all with the same brush - like you do to everyone on the Left for example.

Of course it is arrogant but it is arrogant in the way I am saying it is my choice and my distinction to make these judgements.

But I have never claimed they were 'the truth'.

All I claim is that it is my opinion.

Others here go further and claim or imply an absolutism in their opinions. That's more worrying.

Quote:
Given the fact that you consider yourself superior, you should rise above the limitations of those you consider beneath you and at least model the proper behavior.

Fact? Hmmm...probably best to pass on that.

But in your round about way I do consider some human attitudes superior and yes, I do aspire to them. Whether I succeed is doubtful and is not for me to say in any case. But it's true:

I consider the peace-maker superior to the war-maker

I consider the discusser superior to the reactor

I consider the thinker superior to the non-thinker

I consider the compassionate superior to the selfish and greedy

And on.....
post #38 of 67
Quote:

I consider the compassionate superior to the selfish and greedy.

I think the right wing dropped the "compassionate conservative" moniker because it was pretty easy to see through the bullshit that such a combination in the political arena is an oxymoron.

And anyway, you sadly get more voters when you tell a person who to hate rather than telling that person you care about him or her.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #39 of 67
Quote:

History will remember the greedy and weak boomers not answering the call. Perhaps this will be the start of them answering it though.

We do have problems. Right now the Democratic hatred for white males makes their solution into an insane donut hole that solved everything but the actual problem. You look at whole isn't increasing life expectancy or educationally and it is males and specifically white males. We can't help them though because that isn't allowed by Democrats.

Quote:

History will remember the greedy alright. They will remember the greedy rich that were supported by Republicans. They'll also remember the nut cases that make up the Tea party and their Republican supporters.

Quote:
the Democratic hatred for white males

Jesus! I'm not even going to comment on something so dumb.
post #40 of 67
Quote:

History will remember the greedy alright. They will remember the greedy rich that were supported by Republicans. They'll also remember the nut cases that make up the Tea party and their Republican supporters.

Jesus! I'm not even going to comment on something so dumb.

Nice and how typical of the Democrats. We've moved from "we don't have to address this because we won a wave election with a historic figure and thus will be in power for a generation" to "we don't have to address that because it is dumb."

See how many more seats Democrats lose next election with that attitude Jimmac.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The End of Blaming Bush