or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 10.1 with support for iOS 4.2, AirPlay

Apple releases iTunes 10.1 with support for iOS 4.2, AirPlay - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat4change View Post

iTunes now constantly crashes, cannot connect from new Apple TV. Proceed with caution on this one.

Nope. Stop spreading FUD.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

I think we need to start a pool.....when is Apple going to replace iTunes with something new....call it iSync or something. iPhones and iPads need iTunes for syncing, and if we're now going to have print-sharing features....it's grown way beyond Tunes and needs to be a dedicated server/sync'er program. Of which iTunes would be a part.

And with the "Mac App Store" coming, iTunes may become a whole lot more for a whole lot more people who only use it to sync an iPod or catalog their music.
post #43 of 52
Not for me. Working fine.
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

You can now set iTunes to "Always Show Artwork" when you are in album view whereas it used to be 3+ tracks (if artwork size set to small) from a same album to see an artwork

Always show artwork was also in 10.0 and 10.0.1.
post #45 of 52
[QUOTE=AppleInsider;1751258]Apple on Friday released iTunes 10.1, the latest version of its media playing software, which users will need to install the forthcoming iOS 4.2 update for the iPhone and iPad.

iTunes 10.1 is available for both Mac and Windows via software update or direct from Apple. It weighs in at 90.63 MB for Mac, 78.10 MB for 32-bit Windows, and 78.98 MB for 64-bit Windows.

====
can not installed on G4 OS X 10.4.11. need minimum 10.5 (learned hard way... full download but can not be installed). Any one knows a work around? thanks.
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post

can not installed on G4 OS X 10.4.11. need minimum 10.5 (learned hard way... full download but can not be installed). Any one knows a work around? thanks.

There is no work around. You need 10.5 or 10.6.
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Am I the only one who would like to have the ability to suppress Ping and Genius so they disappear and do not eat up valuable screen real estate?

Maybe it would be a good idea for you to check out a program's options/preferences BEFORE you post comments or questions.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

There is no work around. You need 10.5 or 10.6.

Thanks. too bad. unless buy a new computer, no way out... got old G4 750 MHz non-intel (die hard old iMAC- nothing come close after that design... not willing to give up as yet). Can't return, can't use, Any suggestion beside head to eBay for sell new half price? or buy a new MAC I do not want?
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Am I the only one who would like to have the ability to suppress Ping and Genius so they disappear and do not eat up valuable screen real estate?

I think what you want to do is not what people are telling you to do (turn it off in the preferences), but just to hide the sidebar, which is a one-click process.

post #50 of 52
i just got the ipad today is there a way to get itunes for 64bit xp dont want to change my OS thak you in advance!!!
post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcaine134 View Post

i just got the ipad today is there a way to get itunes for 64bit xp dont want to change my OS thak you in advance!!!

I take it downloading 64-bit iTunes doesn't work.

post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I take it downloading 64-bit iTunes doesn't work.

no it wont even install seen some help on other sites bu cant get it to work
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes 10.1 with support for iOS 4.2, AirPlay