or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › How to trim a movie with QT X ?

How to trim a movie with QT X ?

post #1 of 7
I need to erase the soundtrack from a movie, using the QT X player in Snow Leopard. Can this be done, without using the QT 7 player ?

Also, how can I remove a video part in the middle of a movie, using the QT X player ? Is this possible ? Apparently, I can only remove the start and end parts, using the trim option (command-T).

Mac mini 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, NVidia's 9400M.
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, NVidia's 320M.
OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #2 of 7
Remove the audio? Nope.

Cut out a portion? Nope.

QuickTime 10 is the iMovie '08 of QuickTime releases.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #3 of 7
Just use QT7 ... It's not a "pretty", but it's way more functional and the back-end stuff is the same (codecs, encoding processes, etc)... so you get the same end result that you would if QT10 were able to do it.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #4 of 7
Thanks for the reply. You're confirming what I was finding with QT X. But why in hell Apple have "trimed" the QT player itself like that ? Basic editing options should be available to any and all users. This is very disappointing !

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post

Basic editing options should be available to any and all users.

They are. It's called trim. Users don't need any more than that, because they have iMovie to do anything more. You want more, you're a professional. Pay for QuickTime 7 Pro.

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They are. It's called trim. Users don't need any more than that, because they have iMovie to do anything more. You want more, you're a professional. Pay for QuickTime 7 Pro.

I'm certainly NOT a professional ! What I just want to do is to remove the soundtrack of the small movies I'm doing with my camera (full of noise garbages), and to remove some parts in the video, not just the start and end parts. This is just about basics. No visual or sound special effects. And I'm not even talking about adding a soundtrack !

Sheesh, come on Apple !

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #7 of 7
QuickTime 11 (or 10.1) should bring back the crap we lost. They'll have to add it back if they ever want to get away from QuickTime 7.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › How to trim a movie with QT X ?