No suprise here and honestly it doesn't even matter. I can't think of the last time I purposely listened to a Beatles song. Big annoucement for many... for the rest no one cares.
Now back to waiting for AirPrint.
UPDATE: Based on the reactions of many here, which seem to reiterate their malcontent for anything that Apple offers, and as evidenced by their initial reactions to the iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, et., I would suggest my sales projections, i.e., of 10 million songs, are pessimistic.
Quote:Over 500 Million Albums...
- Search for "Best Selling Artists" or "The Beatles" at Wikipedia.com, theres the proof there.
- During the period 1964 - 1985 the answer is 75 million (74,786,835 million to be exact).
- During the period 1991 - 2008 the answer is 57 million (source: SoundScan results quoted in Randy Lewis, "Beatles' catalog will be reissued Sept. 9 in remastered versions," Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2009).
- My informed estimate is that during the period 1986 - 1990 they sold approximately 1.5 million albums per year, for a total of approximately 7.5 million.
- Thus the answer to the question is approximately 139.5 million albums since 1964.
- 1.1 billion +