or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iq. - Page 4

post #121 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

.... brain farts as I call them.

Here's a list of twelve of them to start.

This one in particular is exactly the same as Palin's but worse because instead of the topic being allies, the topic was himself.

* “What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith…”
–Barack Obama interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, who corrected him: “Christian faith.”


People perceive things the way they want to perceive them. To a racist or sexist, I'm sure whatever group they hold that grudge against manages to magically fit their predetermined and prejudiced mental profile.

The same is true of leftists practicing their form of ignorance. When they use slurs when referencing the person or group and attempt to make them sub-human, they are practicing eugenic thought and lead toward authoritarian and violent solutions.

You might want to think about this regarding Palin's "brain farts"-

"Not all flatus is released from the body via the anus. When the partial pressure of any gas component of the intestinal lumen is higher than its partial pressure in the blood, that component enters into the bloodstream of the intestinal wall by the process of diffusion. As the blood passes through the lungs, this gas can diffuse back out of the blood and be exhaled."
~ Wikipedia


The quote from Obama isn't actually that surprising giving that something like 60% of Republicans think he's a Muslim. Obama's probably had to deal with that his whole life.

Quote Trumptman-

"The same is true of leftists practicing their form of ignorance. When they use slurs when referencing the person or group and attempt to make them sub-human, they are practicing eugenic thought and lead toward authoritarian and violent solutions."


Really, "sub-human" is that what you think I'm saying too?! What particular "violent solutions" are you referring to regarding leftists plans for eugenics. Do you think leftists are like Hitler?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #122 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I'd have more respect if you just admitted the obvious.

I'd have more respect for you if you admitted the obvious which is that Palin's mis-statement about Korea is no different than Obama's mis-statement about the 57 states.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

it just means she babbles on without speaking good English all too often.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #123 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Ahhh. Well that's pretty meaningless. The public's "impression" of things doesn't really tell us anything useful.

It pretty much tells us who they'll vote for. And who they won't vote for of course.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #124 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Jimmac, when you are ready to actually engage and not try to get in a few zingers let me know. Until then, I await your answer.



While we cannot know what the actual IQ is, we can be sure that it is not what is being claimed. Just using simple observation. No matter what your PPD may say.

Just using simple observation one might conclude Bush wasn't so smart. It wouldn't tell you his IQ. was 91 but he really didn't seem to be on top of anything. I'm sorry if your Partisan Polarity Disorder won't let you see that but that's life!

As for the rest I've never claimed at any point in this thread that the idea that Bush's IQ. was 91 was certified. I've never said I believe that either. If I have please show me the quote. Otherwise do you have any other point to make?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #125 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It pretty much tells us who they'll vote for. And who they won't vote for of course.

Not really. With the attention span that society shows that one snapshot in time is fairly meaningless. Especially on a non-scientific site such as yahoo answers.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #126 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Just using simple observation one might conclude Bush wasn't so smart. It wouldn't tell you his IQ. was 91 but he really didn't seem to be on top of anything.

Oh my gosh...when you lob them up there like that it is soooo hard to resist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'm sorry if your Partisan Polarity Disorder won't let you see that but that's life!

Funny how everyone else suffers from this except you.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #127 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Just using simple observation one might conclude Bush wasn't so smart. It wouldn't tell you his IQ. was 91 but he really didn't seem to be on top of anything. I'm sorry if your Partisan Polarity Disorder won't let you see that but that's life!

As for the rest I've never claimed at any point in this thread that the idea that Bush's IQ. was 91 was certified. I've never said I believe that either. If I have please show me the quote. Otherwise do you have any other point to make?

Thank you for finally attempting an answer. However, I have no investment in Bush or any other public figures IQ. I will however post when someone makes a claim such as Hands did and then defends that claim such as you did.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #128 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Not really. With the attention span that society shows that one snapshot in time is fairly meaningless. Especially on a non-scientific site such as yahoo answers.

Funny how Bush seems to still be fresh in their minds isn't it?

http://original.antiwar.com/eland/20...in-us-history/


http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/h...2010_final.pdf

You really think they're are going to forget this? :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...o_n_94898.html


http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/07/n...worst-history/





Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #129 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Thank you for finally attempting an answer. However, I have no investment in Bush or any other public figures IQ. I will however post when someone makes a claim such as Hands did and then defends that claim such as you did.

Did I ever claim that? As far as Hands goes I defended a principle. Not a fact.

Gosh! Both MJ and trumpy are replying to this thread! Who'll get there first?????
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #130 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Did I ever claim that? As far as Hands goes I defended a principle. Not a fact.

And what "principle" was that? The "principle" that anyone can just post any old shit from any old source containing so-called "facts" from anonymous and unverifiable sources and call it good and then try to push the burden-of-proof onto anyone who sees through the charade and calls "Bullshit!"??!!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #131 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

And what "principle" was that? The "principle" that anyone can just post any old shit from any old source containing so-called "facts" from anonymous and unverifiable sources and call it good and then try to push the burden-of-proof onto anyone who sees through the charade and calls "Bullshit!"??!!


Some were claiming it was untrue without evidence. That's just as bad as the other way : Claiming it was true with no evidence. Also some focused solely on Bush because they're of a Republican persuasion. There were others mentioned in the original post.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #132 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Some were claiming it was untrue without evidence. That's just as bad as the other way : Claiming it was true with no evidence.

Wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Also some focused solely on Bush because they're of a Republican persuasion. There were others mentioned in the original post.

Yes, there were. Three as I recall. Bush and Palin (both were claimed to have borderline mentally retarded IQs by a post from Yahoo! Answers ) and Obama who is claimed to have a borderline genius IQ from a website devoted to the worship of him.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #133 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

You might want to think about this regarding Palin's "brain farts"-

"Not all flatus is released from the body via the anus. When the partial pressure of any gas component of the intestinal lumen is higher than its partial pressure in the blood, that component enters into the bloodstream of the intestinal wall by the process of diffusion. As the blood passes through the lungs, this gas can diffuse back out of the blood and be exhaled."
~ Wikipedia

Awesome, maybe I'll be as lucky as Sarah and get word of the year!


Quote:
The quote from Obama isn't actually that surprising giving that something like 60% of Republicans think he's a Muslim. Obama's probably had to deal with that his whole life.

So Democratic gaffes are the fault of Republicans. Republicans are responsible for their own gaffes AND Democratic gaffes!
Quote:
Quote Trumptman-

"The same is true of leftists practicing their form of ignorance. When they use slurs when referencing the person or group and attempt to make them sub-human, they are practicing eugenic thought and lead toward authoritarian and violent solutions."


Really, "sub-human" is that what you think I'm saying too?! What particular "violent solutions" are you referring to regarding leftists plans for eugenics. Do you think leftists are like Hitler?

Democratic patterns of voter disenfranchisement follow common patterns. Discussions of intelligence and educational levels follow that pattern.

Leftists likewise have a history of practicing eugenics aka "scientific racism" as they preferred to call it and did not just consider African-Americans inferior, but also most southern European stocks as well.

Hitler didn't start by just throwing people into ovens on day one. He created a caste system before that whereby certain people were granted certain rights and others denied them based off their genetic superiority or inferiority using a pseudo-science method.

Thank goodness no one around here is doing that.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #134 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Hitler didn't start by just throwing people into ovens on day one. He created a caste system before that whereby certain people were granted certain rights and others denied them based off their genetic superiority or inferiority using a pseudo-science method.

What's also interesting to note is that if you don't appear to be overtly or obviously doing it based on racial or genetic characteristics but are still engaging in creating a caste system whereby certain people were granted certain rights and others denied them you get to pretend you're not really doing anything as bad as Hitler.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #135 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Wrong.




Yes, there were. Three as I recall. Bush and Palin (both were claimed to have borderline mentally retarded IQs by a post from Yahoo! Answers ) and Obama who is claimed to have a borderline genius IQ from a website devoted to the worship of him.

I said this :
Quote:
Some were claiming it was untrue without evidence. That's just as bad as the other way : Claiming it was true with no evidence.

To which you replied :

Quote:
Wrong.

From NoahJ earlier :

Quote:
But what anyone here should know is that the numbers mentioned are very low for the reality of how IQ works. So the truth is, those numbers are false,

You were saying?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #136 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You were saying?

That you are wrong to equate the two. But, go ahead, dig your heels in. You're wrong. Anyone with the ability to reason and think logically can see it.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #137 of 168
An example of what IQ Scores may actually mean...

Quote:
IQ 92 - 108
This is the average person, able to function at the level of skilled blue-collar, clerical, sales or police work. Learning varies from explicit coaching with hands on experience to study guides and textbook work with some practical experience. They should be able to deal with a high school curriculum and graduate but quite a few, even with hard work, won't do well enough to enter university. Their reasoning is proficient but pretty concrete at the level of non-essential surface details, and their reading level is, at best, news stories (not editorials), popular magazines and novels. Morality is conventional, a matter of serving the social order and tradition or doing your duty as defined by some authority like the church, a teacher, a parent or the state. This large group is the glue of society but given the wrong authority it (and the two groups below it) may do horrible things in the name of morality.
back to top


IQ 76 - 92
Life is tough at this level. Anything other than unskilled labor is a trial, though simple semi-skilled work is possible. Learning is slow, simple and needs to be supervised closely to be effective. With application they may graduate from primary school but will nevertheless flounder quite badly in high school. Their reasoning is very superficial and concrete and they cannot see the essential form inherent in many examples of similar things. Most will never be functionally literate and the rest will not understand anything more complex than a popular magazine. It has been estimated that people in this category commit about 75% of all petty and violent crimes. Morality is very much of a primitive conventional sort, i.e. the good is whatever pleases himself or significant others and the bad is anything that displeases them. The vast majority of serious social problems are associated with people in this category because there are so many of them statistically.
back to top
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #138 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

That you are wrong to equate the two. But, go ahead, dig your heels in. You're wrong. Anyone with the ability to reason and think logically can see it.

Oh? So now you're not even accountable for what you say even when presented with an example to the contrary?


You knew the way the conversation was leaniing with people who didn't like this idea. Also the fact that they just focused on Bush speaks volumes.


Anyone can see it alright.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #139 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

An example of what IQ Scores may actually mean...

And where did this come from? Not that I'm trying to claim Bush's IQ. is 91 or these " Facts " are wrong but you should have a reference. I'm just defending a principle so that no one here tries to immediately dismiss something just because they don't like it. They need a real reason.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #140 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh? So now you're not even accountable for what you say even when presented with an example to the contrary?

Yes, that's exactly what I said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You knew...

These conversations go better when you don't claim to know what I know or know what I mean or know how I feel or know what my motivations are.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #141 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Yes, that's exactly what I said.




These conversations go better when you don't claim to know what I know or know what I mean or know how I feel or know what my motivations are.

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Yes! That's exactly what you did ( no matter how you say it ).

Quote:
These conversations go better when you don't claim to know what I know or know what I mean or know how I feel or know what my motivations are. :rolleyes

You say what you say. It's here in black and white for all to see the same as me or anyone else.

Also that would leave you open to saying you meant anything as long as it fit the current conversation. And funny about the first part! I was going to say the same for you!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #142 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh? So now you're not even accountable for what you say even when presented with an example to the contrary?


You knew the way the conversation was leaniing with people who didn't like this idea. Also the fact that they just focused on Bush speaks volumes.


Anyone can see it alright.

The original poster of the thread set the tone and the went on to make it about Bush with this post. He was the first to bring it up and to specify Bush. If you don't like it talk to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

We don't need another Bush thanks.

Not that you picked that up.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #143 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The original poster of the thread set the tone and the went on to make it about Bush with this post. He was the first to bring it up and to specify Bush. If you don't like it talk to him.



Not that you picked that up.

Here's his first 3 posts :

Quote:
Iq.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do people here make of this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=ufzI1dnd0Uw


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Politicians sell fear and offer government as the protection from that fear."~ BP


Hands Sandon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Hands Sandon
Find More Posts by Hands Sandon


11-20-2010, 01:23 PM #2
Hands Sandon
Registered User


Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Planet Earth!!
Posts: 2,365 Did anyone watch these?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Politicians sell fear and offer government as the protection from that fear."~ BP


Hands Sandon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Hands Sandon
Find More Posts by Hands Sandon


11-23-2010, 11:45 AM #3
Hands Sandon
Registered User


Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Planet Earth!!
Posts: 2,365 Some interesting facts-


Sarah's IQ- 83
Bush's IQ- 80-86
Obama's IQ- 150-165

- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9162415AAuy6NL
- http://www.obamainspires.me/barack-obama's-iq.html


Now how did he make all about Bush?

Now I'll grant you someone did do that it just wasn't Hands.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #144 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here's his first 3 posts :



Now how did he make all about Bush?

Now I'll grant you someone did do that it just wasn't Hands.

Go a little further. Who is the first one to make it about Bush? Keep reading. The next responses cover all the parties involved in the original post. None focus on any one person and simply dismiss the entire study as a whole. Then one person makes it about Bush specifically when you get there come back and enjoy your crow. A hint, I quoted the post already now go read and put the information together.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #145 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Go a little further. Who is the first one to make it about Bush? Keep reading. The next responses cover all the parties involved in the original post. None focus on any one person and simply dismiss the entire study as a whole. Then one person makes it about Bush specifically when you get there come back and enjoy your crow. A hint, I quoted the post already now go read and put the information together.

Instead of playing this stupid game why don't you give an example?

However here's the first real post that makes it about Bush and not just mentioning Bush :

Quote:
You do understand what a fact is right? It has a basis in actual known information. Not speculation.

Show me on either of those links any form of fact. Even the Obama inspires me link you gave is all speculation and extrapolation. The only "facts" being those of averages of the class he was in school with. Not one fact there otherwise that I can see.

Some people who actually put some effort into looking into previous Bush IQ claims, or at least to establish the validity of said claims.http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.asp
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #146 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Instead of playing this stupid game why don't you give an example?

However here's the first real post that makes it about Bush and not just mentioning Bush :

Already did when HS said we don't need another Bush. he did not mention him, he personified his post with that statement. He set the tone. You are playing stupid games. I am working with what is actually there. I am done with your spitting match.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #147 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Already did when HS said we don't need another Bush. he did not mention him, he personified his post with that statement. He set the tone. You are playing stupid games. I am working with what is actually there. I am done with your spitting match.

Quote:
Already did when HS said we don't need another Bush. he did not mention him, he personified his post with that statement. He set the tone.

BBBBBZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! Wrong! It was your comment that set the tone digging into the idea that it was a hoax. But that only addressed Bush not the other two. All he was saying was " We don't need another Bush " and we don't. It draw any conclusions about true or false with the listed IQ figure. It was just saying he was a dumb fuck of a president. And he was.

Quote:
I am working with what is actually there.

And I'm not? Was my quote inaccurate?

You set the tone NoahJ.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #148 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

BBBBBZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! Wrong! It was your comment that set the tone digging into the idea that it was a hoax. But that only addressed Bush not the other two. All he was saying was " We don't need another Bush " and we don't. It draw any conclusions about true or false with the listed IQ figure. It was just saying he was a dumb fuck of a president. And he was.



And I'm not? Was my quote inaccurate?

You set the tone NoahJ.

Thank you for playing but you are incorrect yet again. I even linked to the post for you an everything.

Your linked post to my response to his assertion is #24 in this lame thread. The post I linked to where he made it all about Bush was post #13. 11 posts before I even took them time to insert any facts.

I am sorry if facts are so disturbing to you.l
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #149 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Thank you for playing but you are incorrect yet again. I even linked to the post for you an everything.

Your linked post to my response to his assertion is #24 in this lame thread. The post I linked to where he made it all about Bush was post #13. 11 posts before I even took them time to insert any facts.

Quote:
I am done with your spitting match.

Just like when you put me on ignore!

Quote:
Your linked post to my response to his assertion is #24 in this lame thread. The post I linked to where he made it all about Bush was post #13. 11 posts before I even took them time to insert any facts

So? Numerically one comes before the other. That doesn't say anything about intent or meaning. We've been over this.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #150 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Just like when you put me on ignore!

Check your facts there bud. When you are on ignore, you get nothing from me, ever. You raised a possibly valid response, I responded. Amazing how that works. You give me a crap nonsense answer, nothing comes back in return.

Quote:
So? Numerically one comes before the other. That doesn't say anything about intent or meaning. We've been over this.

It says who set the Bush overtone. I cannot retroactively set the tone now can I? I took his article and ran it through a few websites (google for example). Looked at what came up and found parts of it nearly verbatim on Snopes. Also other Urban Legends sites, but Snopes is fairly well respected even if the site is not all pretty like you wish it would be. It was the closest to a factual assessment of what was posted. What have you linked to or posted? What FACTS have you presented. Remember, opinions are not facts. I will wait for your real answer, not your biting sarcastic reply.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #151 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Check your facts there bud. When you are on ignore, you get nothing from me, ever. You raised a possibly valid response, I responded. Amazing how that works. You give me a crap nonsense answer, nothing comes back in return.



It says who set the Bush overtone. I cannot retroactively set the tone now can I? I took his article and ran it through a few websites (google for example). Looked at what came up and found parts of it nearly verbatim on Snopes. Also other Urban Legends sites, but Snopes is fairly well respected even if the site is not all pretty like you wish it would be. It was the closest to a factual assessment of what was posted. What have you linked to or posted? What FACTS have you presented. Remember, opinions are not facts. I will wait for your real answer, not your biting sarcastic reply.

Quote:
When you are on ignore, you get nothing from me, ever.

Funny my memory seems to recall something different. Oh! That's right after a few comments you felt compelled to take me off of it.

Quote:
Remember, opinions are not facts.

Yes! What Hands was posting was opinion. Bush was a ineffective jerk!

You're the one who brought up the Bush hoax and focused on the quesytion of truthfulness and Bush and not the whole.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #152 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Funny my memory seems to recall something different. Oh! That's right after a few comments you felt compelled to tke me off of it.

Change "a few comments" to 'a few months" and you have it right.

Quote:
Yes! What Hands was posting was opinion. Bush was a ineffective jerk!

You're the one who brought up the Bush hoax and focused on the quesytion of truthfulness and Bush and not the whole.

You are not addressing my question. I have provided links to asserted facts that are intended to disprove the OP, you have provided nothing but obfuscation and opinion. What FACTS have you provided? Once again, I patiently await your concise reply.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #153 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Change "a few comments" to 'a few months" and you have it right.



You are not addressing my question. I have provided links to asserted facts that are intended to disprove the OP, you have provided nothing but obfuscation and opinion. What FACTS have you provided? Once again, I patiently await your concise reply.

I showed you what Hands was saying was his opinion about Bush. You're the one that started the question of truthfulness and brought up the Bush hoax that turned the focus to him solely without addressing the others. That set the tone. That made it all about Bush ( Obama and Palin were in the list also remember? ). This has become tit for tat but theirs no way you can win because the black and white facts don't support that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #154 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I showed you what Hands was saying was his opinion about Bush. You're the one that started the question of truthfulness and brought up the Bush hoax that turned the focus to him solely without addressing the others. That set the tone. That made it all about Bush ( Obama and Palin were in the list also remember? ). This has become tit for tat but theirs no way you can win because the black and white facts don't support that.

The snopes article dealt specifically with the Bush question (which was nearly identical to what was posted by HS), therefore his links inclusion of the same faulty data then brought into question its entire assertion.

Facts, not opinions. Links, not obfuscation. I have brought in third party facts that directly address his points. You have defended his points and are obfuscating even now.

So, what facts about the actual topic and not about your opinion of my posts have you provided?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #155 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The snopes article dealt specifically with the Bush question (which was nearly identical to what was posted by HS), therefore his links inclusion of the same faulty data then brought into question its entire assertion.

Facts, not opinions. Links, not obfuscation. I have brought in third party facts that directly address his points. You have defended his points and are obfuscating even now.

So, what facts about the actual topic and not about your opinion of my posts have you provided?

Quote:
The snopes article dealt specifically with the Bush question (which was nearly identical to what was posted by HS), therefore his links inclusion of the same faulty data then brought into question its entire assertion.

Wrong again as his link included all 3 where yours was just about Bush.

Quote:
So, what facts about the actual topic and not about your opinion of my posts have you provided

None. I've said I don't think any of us knows the truth so no facts needed there unless someone has them. Do you know what their real IQs are? Are they even a public matter?

Quote:
You have defended his points and are obfuscating even now.

Not so. All I've said is that the conservative element here made this original question all about Bush ignoring the other two. You stated that someone made this political. I've just said they made it all about Bush. Now I've showed you how.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #156 of 168
Thread Starter 
At least not all American's are retards-

"The new poll, conducted by CBS News, found that 53% of adults surveyed prefer the cuts to be extended only for those making less than $250,000, while 26% believe they should be extended for everyone and only 14% want all of the cuts to expire. Extending the cuts only for those making less than $250,000 was the most popular option for Democrats (70%) and independents (47%), while Republicans were more likely to support continuing cuts for all Americans, but by only a 46% to 41% margin over allowing them to expire for those earning more than $250,000. The CBS News poll was conducted Nov. 29-Dec. 1 among 808 adults, and had a margin of error of four percentage points."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_791658.html
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #157 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

At least not all American's are retards-

"The new poll, conducted by CBS News, found that 53% of adults surveyed prefer the cuts to be extended only for those making less than $250,000, while 26% believe they should be extended for everyone and only 14% want all of the cuts to expire. Extending the cuts only for those making less than $250,000 was the most popular option for Democrats (70%) and independents (47%), while Republicans were more likely to support continuing cuts for all Americans, but by only a 46% to 41% margin over allowing them to expire for those earning more than $250,000. The CBS News poll was conducted Nov. 29-Dec. 1 among 808 adults, and had a margin of error of four percentage points."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_791658.html

I think this is very telling as Republicans seem to think their " Big Win " in November also means the voters favor extending the tax cuts for the wealthy which just isn't the case.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #158 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I think this is very telling as Republicans seem to think their " Big Win " in November also means the voters favor extending the tax cuts for the wealthy which just isn't the case.

How do you know?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #159 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

How do you know?

That's what the polls reflect.

Here's another : http://www.gallup.com/poll/142940/Am...hy-Expire.aspx
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #160 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I think this is very telling as Republicans seem to think their " Big Win " in November also means the voters favor extending the tax cuts for the wealthy which just isn't the case.

Yeah, they don't seem to have much support on this at all. The numbers tally well with the TeaBagger contingent and not much more.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider