or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iq. - Page 3

post #81 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well folks that speaks volumes and I'll go with my original assumption.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #82 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post



Wrong.

Again, I was setting aside your characterization of my statement. That statement could also have been written "whether it was self-serving or not..." or "regardless of if it was self-serving or not..."


But it wasn't. This is just back peddling.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #83 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


Too fast for your own good.

You sure view your profile a lot.

I have to go as I've got things in the real world to do.

However I think I've made my point.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #84 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Too fast for your own good.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You sure view your profile a lot.

How do you know?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

However I think I've made my point.

I don't doubt for a second that you think you have.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #85 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post






How do you know?




I don't doubt for a second that you think you have.

It sounds like for you it went where I thought it would.

Straight over your head. That was to be expected


Quote:
How do you know?


You know very well how.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #86 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Straight over your head. That was to be expected

I love irony.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You know very well how.

No, tell me.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #87 of 168
Now, back to politicians who have low IQs according to postings on Yahoo! Answers (and based on the degree to which we like their politics)...

Perhaps an even more important question is about the validity of IQ as a measure of effectiveness in any particular field or endeavor. Rumor has it that Jimmy Carter was one of the smartest presidents from an IQ perspective.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #88 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Now, back to politicians who have low IQs according to postings on Yahoo! Answers (and based on the degree to which we like their politics)...

Perhaps an even more important question is about the validity of IQ as a measure of effectiveness in any particular field or endeavor. Rumor has it that Jimmy Carter was one of the smartest presidents from an IQ perspective.

Well I think it more fun to ponder how if something is written in Yahoo Answers, then it must be true.

Here we are finding out if President Obama is the anti-christ. The answers appear mixed so I guess it is MAYBE.


Here's another question where it is asked if Bush has a higher IQ than Obama and the answer is yes.


I wonder what else I could find it kept digging that oh so valuable fount of knowledge, Yahoo Answers.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #89 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I love irony.




No, tell me.

You see it's not how you look at it. I knew you'd never get what you're doing wrong no matter what I said.

It's how you look to others here.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #90 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You see it's not how you look at it. I knew you'd never get what you're doing wrong no matter what I said.

It's how you look to others here.

I get it. You're deeply concerned about how my posts appear to others.

I'm okay with what I've posted. You're the one that posts the regular and recurring fallacies.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #91 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I get it. You're deeply concerned about how my posts appear to others.

I'm okay with what I've posted. You're the one that posts the regular and recurring fallacies.

Keep pushing. So far I've held off from following Mumbo's suggestion.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #92 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Well I think it more fun to ponder how if something is written in Yahoo Answers, then it must be true.

Here we are finding out if President Obama is the anti-christ. The answers appear mixed so I guess it is MAYBE.


Here's another question where it is asked if Bush has a higher IQ than Obama and the answer is yes.


I wonder what else I could find it kept digging that oh so valuable fount of knowledge, Yahoo Answers.

Agreed. I wonder if I asked what Obama likes to do in his free time on Yahoo! Answers and someone answered that he like to torture small animals then that would settle the discussion.

Personally I think this whole IQ debate is mostly BS anyway. In fact it's a red herring, a distraction. The real questions are what the person is doing or has done to positively contribute to the world.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #93 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Agreed. I wonder if I asked what Obama likes to do in his free time on Yahoo! Answers and someone answered that he like to torture small animals then that would settle the discussion.

Personally I think this whole IQ debate is mostly BS anyway. In fact it's a red herring, a distraction. The real questions are what the person is doing or has done to positively contribute to the world.

You sure you don't want to start the "New Jersians should be deprived of their rights because in electing someone as dumb as Bill Bradley, they clearly are retarded," thread?

I mean New Jersey's still got that nice minstrel show that no one seems to care about because instead of blackface, they've got spraytan face and it's only Italians, not a minority we seem to care about as "disadvantaged."

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #94 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It was a hoax. It's telling though that people aren't surprised when presented with 91. I dare says he'd score higher. As a matter of fact I've had numerous friends over the years say Bush is unintelligent or whatever and I've always argued the opposite. I think he doesn't care that much to be informed, much like Palin and that makes him appear stupid.

I am happy to see you say that. For a moment I actually thought you believed the hoax.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #95 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You'd be right except for one tiny item ( Sunshine ). Someone stepped up to the plate not armed with facts to challenge it. That puts the burden on them. Someone makes a statement armed with what they assume is facts. So anyone challenging that should do the same and not just say " That's unsupported ". They have to show why not. Not just that they don't believe a website. That argument has been an easy reply ( even used by myself ) here for too long.

I suppose they could have said : " Do you have facts from another more recognized source " instead of immediately dismissing it. One's as bad as the other. Get it?

Why do you feel the need to perpetuate this hoax? most people who understand IQ would be able to look at the actions of a person and recognize that they are not borderline retarded without a second source telling them so. If they had claimed he had an IQ of 100 then this would not be an issue as that could not be proven or disproven without some real facts. Borderline retarded, that has to be proven true by the one who has stated it as anyone with any sense can dismiss it with a high level of assurance.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #96 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Why do you feel the need to perpetuate this hoax? most people who understand IQ would be able to look at the actions of a person and recognize that they are not borderline retarded without a second source telling them so. If they had claimed he had an IQ of 100 then this would not be an issue as that could not be proven or disproven without some real facts. Borderline retarded, that has to be proven true by the one who has stated it as anyone with any sense can dismiss it with a high level of assurance.

How Republican of you to see things that way.

I guess you didn't read the post earlier where I said I really don't have any idea what any of their IQ.'s are.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #97 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

How Republican of you to see things that way.

I guess you didn't read the post earlier where I said I really don't have any idea what any of their IQ.'s are.

How very inane of you to try to make this a political issue. I did read your post. The one where you said:

Quote:
Personally I don't know what the truth is about these individuals and their I.Q. However like I've said in Bush's case it would have helped if he hadn't acted like his I.Q. was only 91.

As close as you came to admitting that this is a stupid hoax. However when your follow on posts simply try to make the claim that the assertion has to be disproven, and now we are back to my post. Care to actually answer it instead of waving your hands and trying to turn the tables?

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to perpetuate this hoax? most people who understand IQ would be able to look at the actions of a person and recognize that they are not borderline retarded without a second source telling them so. If they had claimed he had an IQ of 100 then this would not be an issue as that could not be proven or disproven without some real facts. Borderline retarded, that has to be proven true by the one who has stated it as anyone with any sense can dismiss it with a high level of assurance.

I am patient, I can wait.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #98 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

How very inane of you to try to make this a political issue. I did read your post. The one where you said:



As close as you came to admitting that this is a stupid hoax. However when your follow on posts simply try to make the claim that the assertion has to be disproven, and now we are back to my post. Care to actually answer it instead of waving your hands and trying to turn the tables?



I am patient, I can wait.

Actually what I was saying is that no one here seems to know the truth.

Quote:
How very inane of you to try to make this a political issue.

Dismiss away if you want however the original post included two other individuals besides Bush. I don't really know what their IQ.s are. Do you? That's the real question. So I wasn't focusing on if Bush's was 91 or not. However most Republicans here are.

As far as Bush goes I guess you thought he acted like a genius?

Well sorry but that's not what most of the public thinks. Myself included.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #99 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Dismiss away if you want however the original post included two other individuals besides Bush. I don't really know what their IQ.s are. Do you? That's the real question. So I wasn't focusing on if Bush's was 91 or not. However most Republicans here are.

Considering that the three people included in the post were Bush, Palin and Obama allegedly clocking in with IQs in the 90s and 150 respectively all from unverifiable or biased sources how can one not assume this wasn't a partisan point from the get go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

As far as Bush goes I guess you thought he acted like a genius?

Well sorry but that's not what most of the public thinks. Myself included.

Since "what most of the public thinks" (yourself included) doesn't determine reality or facts then this is a meaningless point.

Most of the public right now doesn't think Obama is doing a very good job. Yourself included? Does this mean he is or isn't doing a good job or is this merely a reflection of aggregate opinion at a point in time?


Now back to those mentally retarded political leaders (who, apparently, only exist on one part of the political spectrum) and those borderline genius political leaders (who, apparently, only exist on another part of the political spectrum)...

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #100 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Well I think it more fun to ponder how if something is written in Yahoo Answers, then it must be true.

Here we are finding out if President Obama is the anti-christ. The answers appear mixed so I guess it is MAYBE.[/URL]

Here's another question where it is asked if Bush has a higher IQ than Obama and the answer is yes.


I wonder what else I could find it kept digging that oh so valuable fount of knowledge, Yahoo Answers.


Look at the votes each comment gets. There are about double the votes that give Obama the thumbs up on having a higher iq than Bush.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #101 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Look at the votes each comment gets. There are about double the votes that give Obama the thumbs up on having a higher iq than Bush.

So relative intelligence and IQ are determined by votes from anonymous posters on the internet?!

More seriously, do you think it is possible that people confuse eloquence with intelligence?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #102 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Look at the votes each comment gets. There are about double the votes that give Obama the thumbs up on having a higher iq than Bush.

It depends upon the time and place but that wasn't the case earlier. Either way are you suggestioning that IQ isn't an objective measure but a popularity contest?

I think anyone who would defend Yahoo Answers must have an IQ of about 41.

I'll take my own internal poll among my friends and see what the outcome happens to be. If they all say yes, it must be true!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #103 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It depends upon the time and place but that wasn't the case earlier. Either way are you suggestioning that IQ isn't an objective measure but a popularity contest?

I think anyone who would defend Yahoo Answers must have an IQ of about 41.

I'll take my own internal poll among my friends and see what the outcome happens to be. If they all say yes, it must be true!

What's especially funny is that I've seen people here dismiss Wikipedia as any kind of useful source and yet at least Wikipedia has mechanisms and processes in place that keep it in better check and trending toward accurate, objective unbiased information than something like Yahoo! Answers (which is nothing more than a specialized message board)

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #104 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Actually what I was saying is that no one here seems to know the truth.

Nobody here knows the exact number. But what anyone here should know is that the numbers mentioned are very low for the reality of how IQ works. So the truth is, those numbers are false, whether the person mentioned was Bush, Pelosi, or any other political leader of your choice.

Quote:
Dismiss away if you want however the original post included two other individuals besides Bush. I don't really know what their IQ.s are. Do you? That's the real question. So I wasn't focusing on if Bush's was 91 or not. However most Republicans here are.

As far as Bush goes I guess you thought he acted like a genius?

Well sorry but that's not what most of the public thinks. Myself included.

PPD at it's finest there. Since I do not think that someone is borderline retarded I must believe he was certified MENSA genius. Right.

I am still waiting for an answer. Beat around the bush some more if you like. (pun only partially intended)
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #105 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Look at the votes each comment gets. There are about double the votes that give Obama the thumbs up on having a higher iq than Bush.

If your point is do many people have a low estimation of how intelligent a person is, then i guess you can use this source as a possible datapoint. If you are trying to determine actual intelligence, it takes more than a glorified BBS.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #106 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Nobody here knows the exact number. But what anyone here should know is that the numbers mentioned are very low for the reality of how IQ works. So the truth is, those numbers are false, whether the person mentioned was Bush, Pelosi, or any other political leader of your choice.



PPD at it's finest there. Since I do not think that someone is borderline retarded I must believe he was certified MENSA genius. Right.

I am still waiting for an answer. Beat around the bush some more if you like. (pun only partially intended)

Quote:
Nobody here knows the exact number.

I've already said that. However it makes your next statement meaningless :
Quote:
But what anyone here should know is that the numbers mentioned are very low for the reality of how IQ works. So the truth is, those numbers are false, whether the person mentioned was Bush, Pelosi, or any other political leader of your choice.

Are they false? Probably but the fact is We don't know. Until someone comes up with a verifiable source that may not even exist publically.

Quote:
I am still waiting for an answer. Beat around the bush some more if you like. (pun only partially intended

Waiting for what? For me to repeat myself or to read you doing that?

Quote:
PPD

Yes I agree.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #107 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So relative intelligence and IQ are determined by votes from anonymous posters on the internet?!

More seriously, do you think it is possible that people confuse eloquence with intelligence?

No. What he's saying is that's the public's ( Voters ) impression of where their IQ.s are.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #108 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No. What he's saying is that's the public's ( Voters ) impression of where their IQ.s are.

Ahhh. Well that's pretty meaningless. The public's "impression" of things doesn't really tell us anything useful.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #109 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

If your point is do many people have a low estimation of how intelligent a person is, then i guess you can use this source as a possible datapoint. If you are trying to determine actual intelligence, it takes more than a glorified BBS.

Very well said. For once we're in total agreement.

Perhaps IQ isn't a great measure here. Take Palin and Bush, clearly both come off as mentally inept at times, particularly Palin. Think Courick and her latest mind numbing fumbling on NK. Is she low IQ? Probably not, but she's perceived at times as verging on retarded because she gets, as Bush did, things so confused in her mind. Perhaps being in the spotlight and having to be in the know in so many areas takes a strain on some people. A bit like information overload. The program crashes, so to speak, and it's caught for all the public to see, often repeatedly. So they may actually be bright people, but they are mentally extending themselves to their limits to keep up. Someone like Obama however, has plenty in spare. He barely breaks a sweat when Bush or Palin would be teetering on collapse, and that inspires confidence the world over.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #110 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Take Palin and Bush, clearly both come off as mentally inept at times, particularly Palin. Think Courick and her latest mind numbing fumbling on NK.

Is her "mind numbing fumbling on NK" in the same league as saying there are 57 states in the US?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Is she low IQ?

Is the person who said there were 57 states in the US?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Probably not, but she's perceived at times as verging on retarded

Only by people who are, perhaps, retarded themselves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

because she gets, as Bush did, things so confused in her mind.

And what of Barack Obama when he goes off teleprompter?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Perhaps being in the spotlight and having to be in the know in so many areas takes a strain on some people. A bit like information overload. The program crashes, so to speak, and it's caught for all the public to see, often repeatedly.

Ya think?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Someone like Obama however, has plenty in spare.

Plenty of what to spare? I've seen plenty of video of Obama fumbling and bumbling when things go off script to suggest that he's not much more than really good at giving (prepared) speeches. His policies certainly betray at least an ignorance of many things on many levels. Furthermore he evokes a clear smugness and arrogance that is highly distasteful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

He barely breaks a sweat when Bush or Palin would be teetering on collapse, and that inspires confidence the world over.



It's quite clear that this entire line of thought is 100% partisan.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #111 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Is her "mind numbing fumbling on NK" in the same league as saying there are 57 states in the US?




Is the person who said there were 57 states in the US?




Only by people who are, perhaps, retarded themselves.




And what of Barack Obama when he goes off teleprompter?




Ya think?




Plenty of what to spare? I've seen plenty of video of Obama fumbling and bumbling when things go off script to suggest that he's not much more than really good at giving (prepared) speeches. His policies certainly betray at least an ignorance of many things on many levels. Furthermore he evokes a clear smugness and arrogance that is highly distasteful.






It's quite clear that this entire line of thought is 100% partisan.

Obama said 57 instead of 47 having run a long and full campaign. What's the big deal? Trying to compare that to Palin or Bush is just absurd and highly partisan of you. He wasn't visiting Hawaii and Alaska and had one more to go, which is what he said, ie three less than 50, 47 not 57. If Palin or Bush had made this gaffe then the likely scenario would have been "13".

From what I've seen of Obama off the teleprompter he appears relaxed and highly articulate. Is that always the case? Probably not, but he's not unsettlingly confusing or ignorant, far from it.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #112 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Obama said 57 instead of 47 having run a long and full campaign. What's the big deal? Trying to compare that to Palin or Bush is just absurd and highly partisan of you.

The point is that he mis-spoke in the same way that Palin mis-spoke in the discussion of Korea. It was a mis-statement not statement from ignorance. Yet you are making very different judgement about both cases. One you claim is an indication of the person's mental weakness while the other is merely an innocent mis-statement. I'm saying both were innocent mis-statements neither borne from ignorance. It is you who are bing highly partisan in your analysis.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

From what I've seen of Obama off the teleprompter he appears relaxed and highly articulate. Is that always the case? Probably not, but he's not unsettlingly confusing or ignorant, far from it.

Then we've seen different things I guess.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #113 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Obama said 57 instead of 47 having run a long and full campaign. What's the big deal? Trying to compare that to Palin or Bush is just absurd and highly partisan of you. He wasn't visiting Hawaii and Alaska and had one more to go, which is what he said, ie three less than 50, 47 not 57. If Palin or Bush had made this gaffe then the likely scenario would have been "13".

From what I've seen of Obama off the teleprompter he appears relaxed and highly articulate. Is that always the case? Probably not, but he's not unsettlingly confusing or ignorant, far from it.

It's dishonest and absurd to claim that Palin actually believed North Korea was our ally when she made that gaffe, especially in light of all she had said on the subject before then.

It is also dishonest and absurd to claim that Obama actually believed there were 57 states when he made his gaffe.

Both gaffes have been exploited by their opponents. Both gaffes are irrelevant and meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #114 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It's dishonest and absurd to claim that Palin actually believed North Korea was our ally when she made that gaffe, especially in light of all she had said on the subject before then.

It is also dishonest and absurd to claim that Obama actually believed there were 57 states when he made his gaffe.

Both gaffes have been exploited by their opponents. Both gaffes are irrelevant and meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

No, no, no. You don't get it. Palin's gaffes are evidence of her mental weakness while Obama's gaffes are evidence that he was simply tired or merely human and prone to make occasional mistakes.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #115 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

No, no, no. You don't get it. Palin's gaffes are evidence of her mental weakness while Obama's gaffes are evidence that he was simply tired or merely human and prone to make occasional mistakes.

Indeed. Since the Palin bashers consider her to be sub-human they apply a different set of criteria to her.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #116 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Indeed. Since the Palin bashers consider her to be sub-human they apply a different set of criteria to her.

Frankly the left's obsession with Palin is worthy of a good (government-funded of course) psychology study.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #117 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Very well said. For once we're in total agreement.

Perhaps IQ isn't a great measure here. Take Palin and Bush, clearly both come off as mentally inept at times, particularly Palin. Think Courick and her latest mind numbing fumbling on NK. Is she low IQ? Probably not, but she's perceived at times as verging on retarded because she gets, as Bush did, things so confused in her mind. Perhaps being in the spotlight and having to be in the know in so many areas takes a strain on some people. A bit like information overload. The program crashes, so to speak, and it's caught for all the public to see, often repeatedly. So they may actually be bright people, but they are mentally extending themselves to their limits to keep up. Someone like Obama however, has plenty in spare. He barely breaks a sweat when Bush or Palin would be teetering on collapse, and that inspires confidence the world over.

You make it sound like Obama has only ever had one verbal gaffe. He's had dozens of well known ones and I'm sure even more because he is a human being and no matter how bright we all happen to be, we all have brain farts as I call them.

Here's a list of twelve of them to start.

This one in particular is exactly the same as Palin's but worse because instead of the topic being allies, the topic was himself.

* What I was suggesting youre absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith
Barack Obama interview with ABCs George Stephanopoulos, who corrected him: Christian faith.


People perceive things the way they want to perceive them. To a racist or sexist, I'm sure whatever group they hold that grudge against manages to magically fit their predetermined and prejudiced mental profile.

The same is true of leftists practicing their form of ignorance. When they use slurs when referencing the person or group and attempt to make them sub-human, they are practicing eugenic thought and lead toward authoritarian and violent solutions.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #118 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Frankly the left's obsession with Palin is worthy of a good (government-funded of course) psychology study.

Their obsession borders on psychosis. (h/t to trumptman )

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #119 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I've already said that. However it makes your next statement meaningless :

Are they false? Probably but the fact is We don't know. Until someone comes up with a verifiable source that may not even exist publically.



Waiting for what? For me to repeat myself or to read you doing that?



Yes I agree.

Jimmac, when you are ready to actually engage and not try to get in a few zingers let me know. Until then, I await your answer.

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to perpetuate this hoax? most people who understand IQ would be able to look at the actions of a person and recognize that they are not borderline retarded without a second source telling them so. If they had claimed he had an IQ of 100 then this would not be an issue as that could not be proven or disproven without some real facts. Borderline retarded, that has to be proven true by the one who has stated it as anyone with any sense can dismiss it with a high level of assurance.

While we cannot know what the actual IQ is, we can be sure that it is not what is being claimed. Just using simple observation. No matter what your PPD may say.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #120 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

The point is that he mis-spoke in the same way that Palin mis-spoke in the discussion of Korea. It was a mis-statement not statement from ignorance. Yet you are making very different judgement about both cases. One you claim is an indication of the person's mental weakness while the other is merely an innocent mis-statement. I'm saying both were innocent mis-statements neither borne from ignorance. It is you who are bing highly partisan in your analysis.




Then we've seen different things I guess.

MJ listen you can watch Palin routinely ramble on in ways that barely if at all make sense. Christ, she makes Bush look articulate and that's saying something. I'd have more respect if you just admitted the obvious. Being articulate is not one of her strengths. Now that doesn't mean she's stupid, it doesn't mean that her positions aren't valid, it just means she babbles on without speaking good English all too often.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider