or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K - Page 5

post #161 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomme View Post

There is not reason whatsoever that the good, productive members of this forum need be subjected to such behaviour!

Seriously , what the fuck is wrong with you?






@the other members.
Trust me, it's a troll. Not even trying to hide it.
post #162 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

ACTUALLY, when the ipad's first numbers came out, they in fact did contain the numbers sold to Best Buy, not just to the end user.

So ermmm... yeah....

I go by apples stated sales numbers - they are direct to end user - as they count activations through iTunes.

The first numbers I recalled hearing were apples preorder sales, no mention of best buy there.
post #163 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Hmmm?

I own enough Apple wares to fully understand both their attributes as well as their deficiencies.

Additionally: You might want to read the thread topic again, given that it is worded in a manner that directly compares its sales numbers against those of Samsung's Galaxy Tab (among other underlying things).


Are trying to play around with the grey area with the words "among other underlying things"?
post #164 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

this $99 Walgreens 7-inch Android Chinese knockoff that runs 1.6 is better than an Ipad also...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/revie...0#comments-bar

the reviewer actually said to burn it..

Google whores its OS to any dirty knockoff company? it eFF-ing looks exactly like an iPad except for the WHITE home button.. see, see what they did there. It's a white home button editon iPad. The blatant copyin has me throwin up in my mouth a lil..


$99.00 !!!! DaHarder can go buy one for everyone in his trailer park!
post #165 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

ACTUALLY, when the ipad's first numbers came out, they in fact did contain the numbers sold to Best Buy, not just to the end user.

So ermmm... yeah....

Do you have a citation for that comment?

In my experience with Apple, as a reseller, they do not count priming the channel as sales.

Apple, typically, tries to maintain a 2-3 week inventory in the channel.

About a week ago, the iPad in the Apple online store went from 24 hour shipment to 3 days -- it went back to 24 hours, a few days later.

This tells me that Apple is very closely monitoring both channel inventory and sell-through to end users.

Finally, Apple can monitor sell-through by activations (via iTunes) and required reporting by the resellers. I suspect Apple has a very precise procedure for reporting sales to enterprise.

.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #166 of 314
yet making me wonder why the arguments always have to resort to something along this line:
x is better and so y is shit.

both x and y can be good and x can do better than y in some aspects and the vise versa in others.

only insecure fanboys are busy with proving what they own is the shit, but have no time to actually enjoy.
post #167 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

1. - No it isn't.
2. - No it doesn't.
3 - then close it.

Seriously, you'll lose the multitasking debate... Don't even bother starting it.



Well I can say I'm NOT amazed that at least ONE idiot is posting senseless imbecilic statements like these

iOS multitasking works just fine for me. I don't need two windows running if I only have 9.7 inch of real estate display. I wouldn't need it more so on a puny 7 inch display
post #168 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Do you have a citation for that comment?

In my experience with Apple, as a reseller, they do not count priming the channel as sales.

Apple, typically, tries to maintain a 2-3 week inventory in the channel.

About a week ago, the iPad in the Apple online store went from 24 hour shipment to 3 days -- it went back to 24 hours, a few days later.

This tells me that Apple is very closely monitoring both channel inventory and sell-through to end users.

Finally, Apple can monitor sell-through by activations (via iTunes) and required reporting by the resellers. I suspect Apple has a very precise procedure for reporting sales to enterprise.

.

You'll be waiting on that citation - chronster's blowing smoke...
post #169 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fila97 View Post

iOS multitasking works just fine for me. I don't need two windows running if I only have 9.7 inch of real estate display. I wouldn't need it more so on a puny 7 inch display

Apple did something smart with iOS multitasking - they profiled why apps need to multitask - and developed the necessary services.

True iOS multitasking isn't as flashy as android, webos or rim's playbook, but neither is it as resource intensive.

That's why we get full multitasking on the iPad with just 256 Meg. of ram.

Impressive that I was streaming hd video to my apple tv from my ipad while playing a game at the same time.

Oh yeah, but the iPad can't multitask
post #170 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

You'll be waiting on that citation - chronster's blowing smoke...

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/24670/

Apple today announced that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US as of midnight Saturday, April 3. These sales included deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores.

channel partner - The name used to describe a company that partners with a manufacturer or producer to market and sell the manufacturer's products, services, or technologies- usually through a co-branding relationship. Channel partners may be distributors, vendors, retailers, consultants, systems integrators (SI), technology deployment consultancies, and value-added resellers (VARs) and other organizations.


How's that foot taste?

Deliveries to channel partners are what those retailers ordered to sell in their stores. So if a best buy in Iowa ordered 30 ipads for the release day, 30 ipads were added to the number regardless of whether or not someone bought all 30 at that best buy...
post #171 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fila97 View Post

iOS multitasking works just fine for me. I don't need two windows running if I only have 9.7 inch of real estate display. I wouldn't need it more so on a puny 7 inch display

Yeah, it works fine for iOS apps. I'm not knocking it at all. Actually, Microsoft was praised for coming up with the method for WP7 that Apple is using in iOS now.

I don't even know if you could find it, but I told people on these forums years ago that I envisioned Apple taking a snap shot of each app, storing it's state in a property bag, then bringing it back up the way the user left it, all as a means of explaining how multitasking might work in iOS. I called it lol
post #172 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

1. - No it isn't.
2. - No it doesn't.
3 - then close it.

Seriously, you'll lose the multitasking debate... Don't even bother starting it.



Well I can say I'm NOT amazed that at least ONE idiot is posting senseless imbecilic statements like these

read the article dimwit. and i wouldn't be surprised if you weren't one of the supposed 600k? loser.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...ablets--715550
post #173 of 314
Numbers are good for Samsung. They may be overblown, they will certainly contain pent-up demand. Time will tell.

Apple sold over 4M iPads last quarter so is heading was heading into 1.5M a month, probably more given we're heading into the buying season.

If I were an Android user, (I'm not, I'm a long time Mac/iPhone user) then I'd probably want an Android tablet rather than an iPad - consistency across the computing devices I use. So I'm not that surprised that they are selling in reasonable numbers - and the Galaxy Tab is the only choice.

What this says to me is that it looks like many people are OK with a 7" form factor.

I hope Apple take note, and that Steve Jobs' remarks were just marketing-speak.
post #174 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

You obviously can't read - I did start the debate - for 90% of the users out there iOS multitasking paradigm works perfectly.

To answer your statements:

1. Yes it is.
2. Yes it does.
3. No need to - it's not multitasking - no wasted resources - lol!

I'M the one who can't read? I just said "Seriously, you'll lose the multitasking debate... Don't even bother starting it." and you come in saying I can't read, that you DID start the debate

Anyways, prove it. Prove multitasking that windows mobile has used for ages, and that Android now uses does exactly as you say.

I'm not talking about finding a phone with 75% battery instead of 80% at the end of a day of multitasking, I'm talking about this extreme battery draining performance hit that Steve Jobs has convinced you of.

See, the thing is, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I got into this when I had a TP2. Did testing for people on the forums and everything, still people believed Jobs over me. Now I have a fascinate, and I can assure you that running apps in the background has no impact on my performance or battery.

Granted, there are exceptions: If you have an app using the radio, you WILL see a noticeable hit. This is present in iOS as well, however.
post #175 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

read the article dimwit. and i wouldn't be surprised if you weren't one of the supposed 600k? loser.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...ablets--715550

WOW! So 2.2 isn't optimized for tablets, and yet the Galaxy Tab performs THAT WELL?

That Galaxy Tab sure is one hell of a device. Can't wait to see 3.0 on it.

Thanks for opening my eyes as to how awesome this tablet is. I'm jealous of those 600,000 NORMAL INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NO MORE OR LESS INTELLIGENT THAN ANYONE ELSE HERE.

Good God, dimwit.
post #176 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

Apple did something smart with iOS multitasking

Microsoft did, actually...

Don't believe me? Look it up. They showed how they would handle multitasking in WP7 long before Apple did, and it works exactly the same.
post #177 of 314
How do you like your omelets now, Denver?
post #178 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/24670/

Apple today announced that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US as of midnight Saturday, April 3. These sales included deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores.

channel partner - The name used to describe a company that partners with a manufacturer or producer to market and sell the manufacturer's products, services, or technologies- usually through a co-branding relationship. Channel partners may be distributors, vendors, retailers, consultants, systems integrators (SI), technology deployment consultancies, and value-added resellers (VARs) and other organizations.


How's that foot taste?

Deliveries to channel partners are what those retailers ordered to sell in their stores. So if a best buy in Iowa ordered 30 ipads for the release day, 30 ipads were added to the number regardless of whether or not someone bought all 30 at that best buy...

Since we were looking the first month of sales:

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/...ast-as-iphone/

No mention of channel partners

BTW, I can't taste my foot; it's still up your butt.
post #179 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

I'M the one who can't read? I just said "Seriously, you'll lose the multitasking debate... Don't even bother starting it." and you come in saying I can't read, that you DID start the debate

Anyways, prove it. Prove multitasking that windows mobile has used for ages, and that Android now uses does exactly as you say.

I'm not talking about finding a phone with 75% battery instead of 80% at the end of a day of multitasking, I'm talking about this extreme battery draining performance hit that Steve Jobs has convinced you of.

See, the thing is, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I got into this when I had a TP2. Did testing for people on the forums and everything, still people believed Jobs over me. Now I have a fascinate, and I can assure you that running apps in the background has no impact on my performance or battery.

Granted, there are exceptions: If you have an app using the radio, you WILL see a noticeable hit. This is present in iOS as well, however.


yes, steve jobs hates multitasking. that is why he went with a unix system for os x....
wake up you jarhead.
post #180 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Microsoft did, actually...

Don't believe me? Look it up. They showed how they would handle multitasking in WP7 long before Apple did, and it works exactly the same.


Talk about grasping at straws - long before?? 6 months?

Wp7 is three years late and a buggy mess.
post #181 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Given that the vast majority of these devices have large enough batteries to power them in excess of 7 to 8 hours (in the galaxy Tab's case based on my usage), and many of us charge them nightly, these are no longer legitimate concerns.

Battery life ISN'T a legitimate concern?! My suspicions are verified. You have no clue. Are you friends with "Blackintosh" by any chance? Same person possibly? No life? You love your Android device so much yet you hang out on Apple forums? Searching for a Russian bride in between your posts? Hmmmm....
post #182 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

Since we were looking the first month of sales:

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/...ast-as-iphone/

No mention of channel partners

BTW, I can't taste my foot; it's still up your butt.

How does that disprove anything?
post #183 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

Talk about grasping at straws - long before?? 6 months?

Wp7 is three years late and a buggy mess.

Yes, 6 months prior to Apple. When Steve Jobs was telling everyone that multitasking would never come to iOS. When he was convincing you of all the nonsense you're parroting here.

Suddenly Apple did it BETTER than everyone else lol (except for Microsoft apparently.)
post #184 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

yes, steve jobs hates multitasking. that is why he went with a unix system for os x....
wake up you jarhead.

jarhead? You do realize that's not a general insult you throw around, but rather a nickname given to those who served in the marines?

ANYWAYS, what is your point here? Did I say something you didn't like? Honestly? Get over it.
post #185 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Yeah, it works fine for iOS apps. I'm not knocking it at all. Actually, Microsoft was praised for coming up with the method for WP7 that Apple is using in iOS now.

I don't even know if you could find it, but I told people on these forums years ago that I envisioned Apple taking a snap shot of each app, storing it's state in a property bag, then bringing it back up the way the user left it, all as a means of explaining how multitasking might work in iOS. I called it lol

Call it whatever you want. I'll stick with multitasking.
post #186 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

I'M the one who can't read? I just said "Seriously, you'll lose the multitasking debate... Don't even bother starting it." and you come in saying I can't read, that you DID start the debate

Anyways, prove it. Prove multitasking that windows mobile has used for ages, and that Android now uses does exactly as you say.

I'm not talking about finding a phone with 75% battery instead of 80% at the end of a day of multitasking, I'm talking about this extreme battery draining performance hit that Steve Jobs has convinced you of.

See, the thing is, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I got into this when I had a TP2. Did testing for people on the forums and everything, still people believed Jobs over me. Now I have a fascinate, and I can assure you that running apps in the background has no impact on my performance or battery.

Granted, there are exceptions: If you have an app using the radio, you WILL see a noticeable hit. This is present in iOS as well, however.

A simple answer that you can understand:

If windows mobiles multitasking was so great, why did Microsoft drop it with wp7 and adopt a framework similar to iOS? Because wp7 and androids multitasking paradigm works great on a desktop with (virtually) unlimited resources.

On a mobile device - with limited resources - not that good. iOS solution is demonstrably better.
post #187 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fila97 View Post

Call it whatever you want. I'll stick with multitasking.

I'm sticking with multitasking too

In fact, back when this was a big topic and everyone was busy convincing themselves why multitasking wasn't needed on the iphone or ipod touch, I was explaining why it would be a good thing, and how it could be done, and why people should be irritated with Apple rather than praising them for not even making an effort to bring it in.

Anyways, they did it, it works well, and people enjoy it. Awesome!
post #188 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

A simple answer that you can understand:

If windows mobiles multitasking was so great, why did Microsoft drop it with wp7 and adopt a framework similar to iOS? Because wp7 and androids multitasking paradigm works great on a desktop with (virtually) unlimited resources.

On a mobile device - with limited resources - not that good. iOS solution is demonstrably better.

They DIDN'T adopt anything similar to iOS. Stop making stuff up. They came up with a NEW method that used less memory, and avoided the whole argument you're trying to bring up now. Suspiciously, Apple later announced a system very similar.

And you're right, on a mobile device with limited resources, Microsoft's solution was better. On a device with sufficient RAM, however, it's not as much of an issue. Most people won't run every app they own in the background.

BTW, I'm finding it so hilarious that you keep attacking my reading comprehension skills when I've shown over and over why my position isn't illogical or wrong. What's with the rudeness?

BTW again, since we're on the topic of ipads, I thought this was cool and you might too: http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/22/d...more-enticing/
post #189 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Yes, 6 months prior to Apple. When Steve Jobs was telling everyone that multitasking would never come to iOS. When he was convincing you of all the nonsense you're parroting here.

Suddenly Apple did it BETTER than everyone else lol (except for Microsoft apparently.)

No one convinced me multitasking wasn't necessary - apple does it better than everyone - including Microsoft - where better is defined as:

Minimizing excessive use of a mobile device's limited resources.
post #190 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Yeah, it works fine for iOS apps. I'm not knocking it at all. Actually, Microsoft was praised for coming up with the method for WP7 that Apple is using in iOS now.

I don't even know if you could find it, but I told people on these forums years ago that I envisioned Apple taking a snap shot of each app, storing it's state in a property bag, then bringing it back up the way the user left it, all as a means of explaining how multitasking might work in iOS. I called it lol

That's not the way iOS multitasking does work!
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #191 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

jarhead? You do realize that's not a general insult you throw around, but rather a nickname given to those who served in the marines?

ANYWAYS, what is your point here? Did I say something you didn't like? Honestly? Get over it.

yes, shape of your skull i imagine.

if you can't figure out the point about multitasking....
post #192 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

How does that disprove anything?

It Doesn't... In The Least.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #193 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Microsoft did, actually...

Don't believe me? Look it up. They showed how they would handle multitasking in WP7 long before Apple did, and it works exactly the same.

If you want to make a statement you're liable to show evidence instead making it out if thin air and ask people to "look it up" themselves. It's still up to your butt
post #194 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

No one convinced me multitasking wasn't necessary - apple does it better than everyone - including Microsoft - where better is defined as:

Minimizing excessive use of a mobile device's limited resources.

Really? My guess is you aren't in a position to comment on Microsoft's methods, especially given the fact that you are blatantly and willfully convincing yourself of a lie about who introduced it first...
post #195 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

That's not the way iOS multitasking does work!

Oops, maybe I over simplified it.
post #196 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

They DIDN'T adopt anything similar to iOS. Stop making stuff up. They came up with a NEW method that used less memory, and avoided the whole argument you're trying to bring up now. Suspiciously, Apple later announced a system very similar.

And you're right, on a mobile device with limited resources, Microsoft's solution was better. On a device with sufficient RAM, however, it's not as much of an issue. Most people won't run every app they own in the background.

BTW, I'm finding it so hilarious that you keep attacking my reading comprehension skills when I've shown over and over why my position isn't illogical or wrong. What's with the rudeness?

Microsoft announced how they were going to tackle multitasking with wp7 - except wp7 doesn't support 3rd party app multitasking - yet.

Just because apple didnt hold a press conference about it two years ago doesn't mean squat. iOS 4 has been in development for quite a bit long then ms's pipe dreams for wp7.

Btw, apple didn't announce a similar solution, they released a similar solution which indicates they were further along than ms was.
post #197 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fila97 View Post

If you want to make a statement you're liable to show evidence instead making it out if thin air and ask people to "look it up" themselves. It's still up to your butt

You're right. I should have, but I was being lazy. Incidentally, he DID look it up, and confirmed what I said. Still he sticks to his false reality, however.
post #198 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

Microsoft announced how they were going to tackle multitasking with wp7 - except wp7 doesn't support 3rd party app multitasking - yet.

Just because apple didnt hold a press conference about it two years ago doesn't mean squat. iOS 4 has been in development for quite a bit long then ms's pipe dreams for wp7.

Btw, apple didn't announce a similar solution, they released a similar solution which indicates they were further along than ms was.

You think WP7 was put together overnight?
post #199 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

yes, shape of your skull i imagine.

if you can't figure out the point about multitasking....

Actually the shape of my skull is more akin to that of the cheese helmets Green Bay Packers fans wear to games.

You may call me Cheese-head if you wish... It's a deformity, and extremely tumorous, but absolutely hilarious looking.
post #200 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Really? My guess is you aren't in a position to comment on Microsoft's methods, especially given the fact that you are blatantly and willfully convincing yourself of a lie about who introduced it first...

sure as sh*t wasn't MS. multitasking existed long before Windows had it. you think apple were like 'oh gee, we can't figure out this multitasking its just too dang hard'? the iphone could and did multitask from day one. its just that apple only allowed certain programs to do so.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K