or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K

Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K - Page 3

post #81 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by grking View Post

This may be news to many here, but quite a few reviewers said that the Palm OS was better than iOS at the time, and many reviewers have also said the Zune software interface is better than the iTunes interface.

Name them. I've seen reviews that singled out this or that feature or UI bit being noteworthy, without flatly declaring the thing "better."

DaHarder, on the other hand, waxes positively rhapsodic over the obvious and nearly unlimited advantages of each and every Apple competitor that comes on the market. He consigns each piece of Apple kit to the dustbin of history, having been obviously outclassed and obsoleted by whatever.

The larger question, however, is that, given these awesome and clearly preferable user experience of these various devices, to what end do people such as DaHarder (or you, much of the time) waste your time posting here?

What kind of fucked up mental illness is it, exactly that drives the need to constantly refute "fan boys", instead of seeking out the company of people using the equipment you prefer and talking about that?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #82 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

As far as I know, being all that, is still not a violation of the forum policies.

Never said it was.
post #83 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

That's really part of the beauty of Android... That there's so much flexibility/and customization available, as opposed to being relegated to an endless barrage of poorly-spaced icons.

Ummm...just what does all that customization give you the ability to DO? I want a computer/tablet/device to help me do productive things...
post #84 of 314
Quote:

All-App Multi-Tasking means just that - The OS allows any/all apps (including 3rd party) to multi-task just as the native apps do.

My iDevices only allow Apple's native apps, and some select 3rd party ones, to run in the background... All others are simply suspended.

You DO realize this is to help preserve battery life, right? To me, if an app is doing nothing for me while I'm not using it, i don't want it to drain my battery/CPU. But that's just me being logical.
post #85 of 314
Quote:

Any claims I've ever made have all been 100% factual, and proven on numerous occasions, so take your Hate/Vitriol/Lies Elsewhere...

EDIT: BTW... I Challenge You To Prove Any of Your Lies.

OH God People! Please stop feeding the troll. I don't want to scroll hundreds of attempts to beat this guy. Give it a break, please!
post #86 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Never said it was.

I guess I misunderstood when you countered that my statement was entirely untrue when I replied to another poster as to why the moderators have not kicked him off the site.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #87 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordwise View Post

Ummm...just what does all that customization give you the ability to DO? I want a computer/tablet/device to help me do productive things...

For me, it affords the use of a quick glance at a single screen to see my appointments, Twitter feed, Facebook updates, contacts, et al without having to wade through page-after-page of look-alike icons, or open single stand-alone app.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #88 of 314
Anyway we are all just AI's pawns when it comes to these click bait articles. They do it on purpose. They know how it will turn out. Makes you wonder who the actual trolls are here.

post #89 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by storneo View Post

You DO realize this is to help preserve battery life, right? To me, if an app is doing nothing for me while I'm not using it, i don't want it to drain my battery/CPU. But that's just me being logical.

Given that the vast majority of these devices have large enough batteries to power them in excess of 7 to 8 hours (in the galaxy Tab's case based on my usage), and many of us charge them nightly, these are no longer legitimate concerns.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #90 of 314
I wonder what that 600K sold means. It might just be units sold to resellers in preparation for the holiday season. If that's the case, 600K might be "all she wrote" for the rest of the year.
post #91 of 314
with no other real Android competition, pent-up fanDroid demand, and the holidays Samsung should certainly be able to sell 1 million Galaxy tabs a month worldwide through the end of the year. but then it will drop like a rock as newer Android models and other tabs come to market ... and the iPad 2 freeze-the-market wait begins.

so Samsung achieved its strategic goal by being the first OEM with something credible. how much that matters next year we'll see

of course iPad holiday demand will be huge. Apple must be selling 2-3 million per month right now. now that the important 4.2 update is out, expect a massive Apple marketing blitz with lots of new ads. and Apple does that better than anyone ...
post #92 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by res08hao View Post

Seriously, other than shirtless trailer park types
Who would buy this?

There will always be a gauche product available for those who have poor taste.
post #93 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Yeah you notice how the non Apple related articles get the most posts. This thread has been here for what an hour and is already about to have 100 posts.

... and DaHarder is the creater of at least 50% of those!
post #94 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

How many iPad users here on AI feel an overhwleming desire to join Android rumor sites and post continually to extoll the superiority of your iPad over Android devices?

Any ideas why posters like DaHarder do it? It sure sounds like an inferiority complex to me. I mean. come on, over a thousand posts in just over a year, all negative, derisive. and demeaning to all things Apple. And why do the moderators allow this to go on and on, day after day when the intent is obvious?

Tell me the ones to join and i will back you up. It seems Fandroids have nothing better to do with their time then post on Apple Forums.
post #95 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

I wonder what that 600K sold means. It might just be units sold to resellers in preparation for the holiday season. If that's the case, 600K might be "all she wrote" for the rest of the year.

I call bullshit on the 600,000 "sold"... maybe 600,000 shipped with only 150,000 actually sold.

Get ready for deep discounts just before December 25th... and then DaHarder really can own 9 units.

(I still can't figure out why he leaves the house with 2 different devices... the iPhone does everything I need it to do when on the go and when I get home I can use any number of other Apple hardware to accomplish other tasks.)
Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #96 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I call bullshit on the 600,000 "sold"... maybe 600,000 shipped with only 150,000 actually sold.

Get ready for deep discounts just before December 25th... and then DaHarder really can own 9 units.

(I still can't figure out why he leaves the house with 2 different devices... the iPhone does everything I need it to do when on the go and when I get home I can use any number of other Apple hardware to accomplish other tasks.)

Firstly: I never said anything about having 9 units, there are currently 3 each Galaxy Tab's in my house, but only one is mine, same situation with the iPad.

Secondly: No one asked (or cares) if you can or can't 'figure out' what others do with their resources/gadgets.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #97 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

You have the option to arrange it to whatever you feel like it (messy, clean, static, dynamic, hot color, dark color)

You DONT have that option AT ALL in iOS.

The iPad your friend has is almost the same as yours, sans background display.

Wow you can spend lots of time rearranging the 10 useful apps, 9 of which were made by Google. It really does look like a nice device if you want to read email and surf the web on a lightly bigger screen than a cell phone. Not much else is ever going to happen with it though.
post #98 of 314
Quote:

One click in Spare Parts and a reboot, and all 224 apps I have installed run beautifully at full screen with no pixelation to be seen (love that nice/tight pixel density).

It is a well known fact that Android apps are vastly inferior to their iOS brethren.
post #99 of 314
Quote:

Firstly: I never said anything about having 9 units, there are currently 3 each Galaxy Tab's in my house, but only one is mine, same situation with the iPad.

Secondly: No one asked (or cares) if you can 'figure out' what others do with their resources/gadgets.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #100 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomme View Post

It is a well known fact that Android apps are vastly inferior to their iOS brethren.

Sure... If that's what you choose to believe.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #101 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarriault View Post

iOS might be fragmented too

iOS is not fragmented. There is only one version and it works precisely the same on all current iOS devices.
post #102 of 314
Quote:

iOS is not fragmented. There is only one version and it works precisely the same on all current iOS devices.

Wrong... Depending on what your definition of 'current' is.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #103 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

DaHarder bought 300,000 of those.

lmmfao!

Seriously, those 600,000 are just what was dumped into the channel - samsung is trying to get some free press by throwing a number out there.
post #104 of 314
Quote:

Most of the Galaxy Tabs are bought with a 2 year contract on a network. There are no discounts to be had. I am sorry this news upsets you so much. Get use to it the Android tablets are going to do well just like the Android phones.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #105 of 314
Quote:

Sure... If that's what you choose to believe.

I'll take what Steve Wozniak says...
post #106 of 314
Quote:

Wrong... Depending on what your definition of 'current' is.

daharder - ios fragmentation isn't anywhere near as bad - or as extreme - as android fragmentation.

most android apps are watered down for the lowest common denominator.
post #107 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

daharder - ios fragmentation isn't anywhere near as bad - or as extreme - as android fragmentation.

most android apps are watered down for the lowest common denominator.

Disagree... though I do find that iOS is indeed 'watered down for the lowest common denominator'.

To Each Their Own.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #108 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Samsung has revealed that it sold 600,000 units of its Galaxy Tab touchscreen tablet worldwide in the first month, compared to more than a million iPads sold in the U.S. alone in less than a month earlier this year.

The numbers, detailed by The Korea Herald, show that Samsung's tablet has had a healthy start, but the device still lags behind the iPad. For comparison, Apple's Wi-Fi-only tablet sold more than a million units when it launched in the U.S. alone earlier this year, and before the 3G model launched.

The Galaxy Tab saw a much quicker international rollout than the iPad, debuting in Italy in mid-October. The 7-inch touchscreen tablet recently launched in the U.S. on Nov. 11, and is available through all four major wireless carriers.

The iPad debuted in the U.S. in early April with the Wi-Fi-only model, and the 3G version launched stateside a month later. International sales of the iPad were delayed as Apple struggled to meet demand, and the product launched on May 28 in Germany, the U.K., Australia, Switzerland, Spain, Italy and France.

The Galaxy Tab is noteworthy because it is the first major touchscreen tablet based on the Google Android mobile operating system. While Samsung modified Android to work on the larger tablet screen, Google is expected to introduce tablet-specific features in the next update to Android, codenamed "Gingerbread."

Another hopeful iPad rival, the HP Slate, sold just 9,000 units, it was revealed earlier this month. The Windows 7-based touchscreen device was given a hyped debut early this year before the iPad was introduced, in an attempt to steal some of Apple's thunder.

Have they sold 600,00 to customers or resellers?
post #109 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

with no other real Android competition, pent-up fanDroid demand, and the holidays Samsung should certainly be able to sell 1 million Galaxy tabs a month worldwide through the end of the year. but then it will drop like a rock as newer Android models and other tabs come to market ... and the iPad 2 freeze-the-market wait begins.

so Samsung achieved its strategic goal by being the first OEM with something credible. how much that matters next year we'll see

of course iPad holiday demand will be huge. Apple must be selling 2-3 million per month right now. now that the important 4.2 update is out, expect a massive Apple marketing blitz with lots of new ads. and Apple does that better than anyone ...

apple will gain even greater word of mouth for the ipad with ios 4.2

ads this season will smoke the competition - just played around with streaming video to my apple tv from the ipad - phenomenal!

printing works great, multitasking works extremely well - this is a solid release that elevates the platform and puts a major hurt on android devices.
post #110 of 314
Quote:

Not sure what is so funny other then you being an idiot.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #111 of 314
Quote:

For me, it affords the use of a quick glance at a single screen to see my appointments, Twitter feed, Facebook updates, contacts, et al without having to wade through page-after-page of look-alike icons, or open single stand-alone app.

that's the only advantage you get with android, but you lose all of the ios advantages.

apple will get around to adding that functionality to ios. if they do it in any way similar to the way multitasking was added to the ipad, it'll definitely trounce android.
post #112 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by grking View Post

I think a lot of people here are bothered by him, or see him as negative, because he is NOT all Apple all the time and is willing to buy non-Apple products, and he is willing to defend non-Apple products as worth buying.

There is not reason whatsoever that the good, productive members of this forum need be subjected to such behaviour!
post #113 of 314
Quote:

All-App Multi-Tasking means just that - The OS allows any/all apps (including 3rd party) to multi-task just as the native apps do.

My iDevices only allow Apple's native apps, and some select 3rd party ones, to run in the background... All others are simply suspended.

What you call "All-App Multi-Tasking" is idiotic to put into a mobile device, for the following reasons:

1. Drain on resources - battery, CPU, and memory.

2. Poor (overall) performance - see #1

3. Due to the UI on mobile devices, not all apps need to be multitasking.

For those apps which need to be multitasking, ios allows those apps access to multitasking services to handle background processing, streaming, etc. Between ios multitasking services, and notifications, battery, CPU, and memory usage are minimized.

That's why IOS devices get excellent battery life and android devices don't.
post #114 of 314
Quote:

There is not reason whatsoever that the good, productive members of this forum need be subjected to such behaviour!

Dramatic Much?

You just happen to disagree with some of my posts, and appear to lack the tact/maturity to deal with it respectfully and rationally.

My Mantra: Post and Let Post Alike.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #115 of 314
Quote:

One click in Spare Parts and a reboot, and all 224 apps I have installed run beautifully at full screen with no pixelation to be seen (love that nice/tight pixel density).

They have 224 apps for Android!?!?!?!
post #116 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

It might not even be 600K shipped--just orders for 600K--with far fewer actually in end-users' hands.
post #117 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

They have 224 apps for Android!?!?!?!

No, no, no ,no... 224 versions of the same app...
Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #118 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

DaHarder bought 300,000 of those.

Well, the man does have a lot of pockets!

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

post #119 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomoo View Post

To be more accurate, Samsung sold 600K to its (tens of) carriers. How many end users bought it or the number in their stock or supplier chain is still unknown. Anyway the 600K looks not that bad.

Bingo! Is this "shipped to retailer", or "sold to consumer"? Classic accounting distinction that means everything. Which is it?
post #120 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

How many iPad users here on AI feel an overhwleming desire to join Android rumor sites and post continually to extoll the superiority of your iPad over Android devices?

Any ideas why posters like DaHarder do it? It sure sounds like an inferiority complex to me. I mean. come on, over a thousand posts in just over a year, all negative, derisive. and demeaning to all things Apple. And why do the moderators allow this to go on and on, day after day when the intent is obvious?

Not me. I love my iPad. And so do millions of other people. We got nothing to prove. And that's good enough for me.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K