or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Black Friday Macs: Save up to $130 on MacBook Airs, $150 on MacBooks, $270 on MacBook Pros, $180 on iMacs, $100 on Mac minis and $400 on Mac Pros

Black Friday Macs: Save up to $130 on MacBook Airs, $150 on MacBooks, $270 on MacBook Pros, $180... - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Exclusivity = cool??? I thought Apple's coolness was an intrinsic value of the products themselves, not an external attribute attached to the brand as a result of its rarity. In the late 1990s when Apple was struggling, the Mac was far less popular and more expensive than it is today and yet I don't recall feeling that this made it more "cool". I'm not worried about Apple's products being mainstream or even ubiquitous. The company has been in that position before in different markets (Apple ][, iPod, now iPad). The thing I value is that no matter how popular (or unpopular) Apple gets, they never stop making a better product for their customers. When I pick up a new Apple thing and it works better than any competing device, when it oozes quality and design out of every seam, when it's clear they thoroughly thought-through the user experience, that's what makes it cool.

Now this was a well thought out and dead on post; I got a warm fuzzy just reading it. Although you almost lost me at ubiquitous ... my vocabulary is limited.

Seriously though, you make very valid points, especially when you wrote "...works better than any competing device, when it oozes quality and design out of every seam, when it's clear they thoroughly thought-through the user experience, that's what makes it cool". As long as they continue to the quality, we will continue to have a winner.
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by joogabah View Post

Once you click "Customize/Check Out" they remove the AppleInsider discount.

What a crock.

This is not true. Yes, it appears the discount disappears but once you get to the final check out page, its reapplied. Try it.

Kasper
EIC- AppleInsider.com
Questions and comments to : kasper@appleinsider.com
EIC- AppleInsider.com
Questions and comments to : kasper@appleinsider.com
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Black Friday Macs: Save up to $130 on MacBook Airs, $150 on MacBooks, $270 on MacBook Pros, $180 on iMacs, $100 on Mac minis and $400 on Mac Pros