or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Restore iPhoto Library from Apple TV?

Restore iPhoto Library from Apple TV?

post #1 of 2
First time poster so please forgive if this has been discussed previously.

First off, I screwed up my time machine drive after doing a clean install of Snow Leopard so I am unable to restore my iPhoto library. I do however have all of the photos synced to my Apple TV and have downloaded (using Fugu via ATV hack) the following folders and all files within them:

- mnt/media/photos
- mnt/media/photolibrary (text file)

These are currently located on my desktop. Can anyone provide some help to this novice on exactly how I might restore my iPhoto library (including events) using these files? I'm hopeful that I can avoid the need to reorganize all of these photos as there are 13000 or so.

Thanks in advance for your help.

post #2 of 2
Did you ever solve your problem? I'm having a similar issue I lost my iPhoto library (still a mystery) but was able to copy the files back on to my desktop from my 1st gen. Apple tv with some expert help. Now I'm trying to figure out how to recover as much organization as possible. Currently, when I drop the "photos" folder that I copied from Apple tv, I get 2 versions (_th.jpg and .jpg) of every picture and they are in no order whatsoever. Better than nothing, but...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Restore iPhoto Library from Apple TV?