or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Can 13" MBP drive a 30" monitor with the adapter

Can 13" MBP drive a 30" monitor with the adapter

post #1 of 4
I have an end-user who is wanting to get a 13" MBP (against my wishes) but currently has the 30" monitor. I wasn't sure if the mini display port to dvi adapter will work with the combo. I know it is for sale on the site with the laptop, but I have run into issues in the past like this and just would like to verify.

Thanks
post #2 of 4
http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphics and Video Support

Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #3 of 4
I'm curious how wanting to get something against your wishes works.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'm curious how wanting to get something against your wishes works.

He's in charge of what his company buys and he doesn't want to get this guy a Macbook?

It will work, though. But you have to use Apple's expensive powered adapter, third-party adapters seem to have compatibility problems and the passive (unpowered) adapters are only single-link DVI.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Can 13" MBP drive a 30" monitor with the adapter