or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Police Brutality at Student Demo....

More Police Brutality at Student Demo....

post #1 of 51
Seems the Police are intent (yet again) on disrupting the peaceful student demonstrations about the disgraceful removal or rights to education.

Can definitely see some good coming of this though...one MInister already resigned. If this blossoms then it may even lead to the Government falling.

Do you support these legitimate protests and oppose the Police's trampling on free speech and unprovoked assaults on the public?

Link
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Seems the Police are intent (yet again) on disrupting the peaceful student demonstrations about the disgraceful removal or rights to education.

Can definitely see some good coming of this though...one MInister already resigned. If this blossoms then it may even lead to the Government falling.

Do you support these legitimate protests and oppose the Police's trampling on free speech and unprovoked assaults on the public?

Link

It probably has a little to do with peaceful speech not equaling looting and burning.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It probably has a little to do with peaceful speech not equaling looting and burning.

Don't think there's any looting or burning going on....

A few cracked heads from truncheons though.
post #4 of 51
Quote:

Don't think there's any looting or burning going on....

A few cracked heads from truncheons though.

Perhaps they should stop painting their heads to look like soccer balls.

post #5 of 51
Quote:

Link

Protests are free speech. Throwing:

Quote:
"flares, sticks, snooker balls and paint balls".

Is not, that is verging on rioting. Attacking police with Missiles is not freedom of speech.

The police are there to keep the protesters out of a certain area, whether or not this was a required stand has not been established by this one story. However, the crowds actions are not winning me to their side. Is there more to this?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #6 of 51
This is great!

Lets hope this grows exponentially into a general protest of every citizen against government, and the banks that caused this mess! If this doesn't now, it surely will when the unemployment lines start rising exponentially. This government is finished - infact may be the shortest serving government in history.

As usual, the usual wingers demonstrate that they cower to authority, regardless of however unfair and corrupt it is.

Lets hope they take the treasury, then take Parliament, and then take the banks.

Bring back the guillotine for politicians, police and bankers. Revolucion!
post #7 of 51
Protesters on the verge of breaking in to Treasury Building now...
post #8 of 51
It is pretty much universal that police side with the powers-that-be, whether in a bona fide "police state" or a police state masquerading as a democracy. It is amazing how the power of being in uniform can transform an otherwise decent human being into a mindless thug.

"We were only obeying orders and enforcing the law" is the usual weasel-out.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #9 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

It is pretty much universal that police side with the powers-that-be, whether in a bona fide "police state" or a police state masquerading as a democracy. It is amazing how the power of being in uniform can transform an otherwise decent human being into a mindless thug.

"We were only obeying orders and enforcing the law" is the usual weasel-out.

Isn't it interesting - the right - 'you will prize my gun from my cold dead hands' - 'I need it so I can overthrow a corrupt government' - when it comes to the crunch - ALL COWER to authority regardless of how corrupt and leave it to the left to sort out the mess with their bare hands.

When witnessing people standing up to this very corruption with their bare hands - SIDE with the corrupt.!

The Right is just a bunch of scared frightened losers waving their guns and mouths around trying to act hard. Their ruse is coming to an end.

As for the students - If we can afford as a nation to blow innocent civilians up half way across the globe in a futile attempt to steal their natural resources - We CAN afford to send people to university to get an education (however shambolic it might be).

One of those paths has a future as a nation. One DOES NOT.
post #10 of 51
The Protestors have attacked Prince Charles and that Camilla woman's car now....

Seems they are unharmed though.
post #11 of 51
Quote:

The Protestors have attacked Prince Charles and that Camilla woman's car now....

Seems they are unharmed though.

I wouldn't believe it though, seems like a PR assasination... Apparently they smashed the window of his car - like that would be possible to someone of his security profile.
post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK™ View Post

I wouldn't believe it though, seems like a PR assasination... Apparently they smashed the window of his car - like that would be possible to someone of his security profile.

Oh my god, they broke a window!

Er... now idea how this'll play out now. It's all kicking off in Regent Street and Piccadilly apparently. I just saw on my twitter stream they broke the window of Top Shop too. Jesus.
post #13 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Oh my god, they broke a window!

Er... now idea how this'll play out now. It's all kicking off in Regent Street and Piccadilly apparently. I just saw on my twitter stream they broke the window of Top Shop too. Jesus.

Ha! Apparently its true, you can see the pic of Camilla, open mouthed!

Anyway, it seems like the filth are having trouble keeping up with a 'mobile' youth! that cant be contained....Go Youth!

Just heard, there was a prior agreed route between the filth and the peaceful protestors. Early on, the filth blocked the agreed route - so understandably, the protestors broke away, being denied a legal right - Apparently this breakaway from the agreed route is 'proof' that the protestors came to commit violence.
post #14 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

Ha! Apparently its true, you can see the pic of Camilla, open mouthed!

Anyway, it seems like the filth are having trouble keeping up with a 'mobile' youth! that cant be contained....Go Youth!

Just heard, there was a prior agreed route between the filth and the peaceful protestors. Early on, the filth blocked the agreed route - so understandably, the protestors broke away, being denied a legal right - Apparently this breakaway from the agreed route is 'proof' that the protestors came to commit violence.

I never thought the Lib Dems would bring the end of the monarchy.

post #15 of 51
Quote:

I never thought the Lib Dems would bring the end of the monarchy.

Lib dems are finished save Cleggy calling off the coallition and causing an election. Eds labour returned to power. Probably the lesser of all evils.
post #16 of 51
Quote:

Lib dems are finished save Cleggy calling off the coallition and causing an election. Eds labour returned to power. Probably the lesser of all evils.

The Lib Dems are TOAST.

Will the Tories run candidates against their coalition partners? No. They can't. They can't contest seats against cabinet ministers. That would bring about the end of the coalition.

So will there be a straight race between Lib Dem and Labour candidates in those boroughs? Yes, and the Labour party will win, because the Lib Dems have approval in the low twenties.

I mean... the Tories will have to calculate for this, so I have no idea what'll happen. But it's really clear that the Lib Dems are fucked either way now.
post #17 of 51
What exactly are the protesting over? Increased fees? Wow! You'ld think they were in a Chinese prison denied free travel to pick up a peace prize or something?

What a pack of spoiled brats.
post #18 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

What exactly are the protesting over? Increased fees? Wow! You'ld think they were in a Chinese prison denied free travel to pick up a peace prize or something?

I see, so when you protest against Obama saddling your children and grandchildren with debts, fucking up their lives before they've even started , you are calling your children spoiled brats....

Got it...its just an Obama thing, and rank hypocrisy from the right..

As usual
post #19 of 51
Quote:

In our country, education is considered a right.
post #20 of 51
oh well, seems like the right have run away.

Well it was fun tonight, but alas I am a student as well, and I'm paying for it all out of my own pocket, whilst holding down a full time job too. Guess i'm not a spoiled brat

So alas, as fun as it is, I must go back to hardcore studying for my degree for a while...by New Year, I will have finished my entire 1st Year, having started in mid September!, and am moving onto the second year in February.

Kicking ass so far, Math and Physics, latest result 95% in precalc. Calculus done and dusted, - I can now 'integrate'! - though maybe not in all contexts
post #21 of 51
Quote:

I wish it were in mine. I wish healthcare were considered a right, too.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #22 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Perhaps they should stop painting their heads to look like soccer balls.

Okay, that's funny. Probably inappropriate, but funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Attacking police with Missiles is not freedom of speech.

True.

Quote:

Lets hope this grows exponentially into a general protest of every citizen against government, and the banks that caused this mess! If this doesn't now, it surely will when the unemployment lines start rising exponentially. This government is finished - infact may be the shortest serving government in history.

Yes, violence rocks. As long as the lefties get their way, it doesn't matter to them whose kids get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

True.

Quote:

Everybody wants that kid to be king anyway.

Quote:

I see, so when you protest against Obama saddling your children and grandchildren with debts...

The Tea Party held vocal protests and nobody got hurt. Lefties should try that sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I wish it were in mine. I wish healthcare were considered a right, too.

It is. What you want is the right to force your neighbour to pay for your health care and education.

And that's not a right. In many cases, it's outright wrong.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #23 of 51
Or maybe I want to pay for theirs. Don't be such an ass. Maybe I think we're all in this together on this pale blue dot and a smarter, healthier society benefits EVERYONE. Well, maybe not those who want to make a buck off ignorance or sickness. But to all decent human beings, it's a fucking benefit--and never, EVER an outright wrong.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #24 of 51
How about we hold every state that votes Republican to not receive any more in taxes from the federal government than they put in. The right wing loves to bitch and cry about not wanting to pay for their neighbors...but RED STATES ARE THE ONES FEED AT THE NANNY STATE TROUGH!

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #25 of 51
Quote:

Well, I'd say that those who consider it that way are wrong.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #26 of 51
Quote:

Or maybe I want to pay for theirs.

No one is stopping you. Go for it.

post #27 of 51
Education, education, education.

I've copied this from over at HuffPo. Read it and weep money lovers-

""Giving education to the labouring classes of the poor would teach them to despise their lot in life, instead of making them good servants in agricultur e and other laborious employment s to which their rank in society has destined them; instead of teaching them the virtue of subordinat ion, it would render them factious and refactory. It would enable them to read seditious pamphlets, vicious books and publicatio ns against Christiani ty."

(Tory MP Davies Giddy on the Parochial Schools Bill,1807 )
(Hansard, Vol 9, 13 July 1807)

You have to give it to the Tories - they are consistent ."
~ Woot.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #28 of 51
Quote:

Isn't it interesting - the right - 'you will prize my gun from my cold dead hands' - 'I need it so I can overthrow a corrupt government' - when it comes to the crunch - ALL COWER to authority regardless of how corrupt and leave it to the left to sort out the mess with their bare hands.

When witnessing people standing up to this very corruption with their bare hands - SIDE with the corrupt.!

The Right is just a bunch of scared frightened losers waving their guns and mouths around trying to act hard. Their ruse is coming to an end.

As for the students - If we can afford as a nation to blow innocent civilians up half way across the globe in a futile attempt to steal their natural resources - We CAN afford to send people to university to get an education (however shambolic it might be).

One of those paths has a future as a nation. One DOES NOT.

What is interesting is that when the right protests they are a danger to society and need to be stopped and when stuff like this happens the protesters are to be applauded.

I agree that education is needed. A right? You do not have a right to have your education provided all they way through university. But you do have a right to go to university. Whatever, i am sure that my words will be twisted in some way to say something I do not mean.

Reading this thread it is almost frightening to listen to. "bring back the guillotines".
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Education, education, education.

I've copied this from over at HuffPo. Read it and weep money lovers-

""Giving education to the labouring classes of the poor would teach them to despise their lot in life, instead of making them good servants in agricultur e and other laborious employment s to which their rank in society has destined them; instead of teaching them the virtue of subordinat ion, it would render them factious and refactory. It would enable them to read seditious pamphlets, vicious books and publicatio ns against Christiani ty."

(Tory MP Davies Giddy on the Parochial Schools Bill,1807 )
(Hansard, Vol 9, 13 July 1807)

You have to give it to the Tories - they are consistent ."
~ Woot.

That only sounds plausible if you are thoroughly ignorant of the role Christianity has played in the development of the primary, secondary and post-secondary education systems of the Western world.
post #30 of 51
Latest count: 40+ students hospitalized and needing emergency treatment.
post #31 of 51
Quote:

Link

Are you for real! what peaceful demonstration throwing things at the police,breaking Prince Charles windows while he travels through London with his wife.What respect is this? I guess you are a provoker like these students.There is a right way to protest without violence being involved.
post #32 of 51
Quote:

How about we hold every state that votes Republican to not receive any more in taxes from the federal government than they put in. The right wing loves to bitch and cry about not wanting to pay for their neighbors...but RED STATES ARE THE ONES FEED AT THE NANNY STATE TROUGH!

How about they not put in taxes too?
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

Are you for real! what peaceful demonstration throwing things at the police,breaking Prince Charles windows while he travels through London with his wife.What respect is this? I guess you are a provoker like these students.There is a right way to protest without violence being involved.

The protest started peacefully and then the Police ramped it up...one guy nearly dead in hospital with bleeding on the brain btw.

Try to keep up.
post #34 of 51
Quote:

I see, so when you protest against Obama saddling your children and grandchildren with debts, fucking up their lives before they've even started , you are calling your children spoiled brats....

Got it...its just an Obama thing, and rank hypocrisy from the right..

As usual

Yea I don't remember any tea party riots. In fact I do remember a tea party person being attacked and dismembered by a union thug.
post #35 of 51
Quote:

The protest started peacefully and then the Police ramped it up...one guy nearly dead in hospital with bleeding on the brain btw.

Try to keep up.

Please back up your assertions with actual information. Not just your jaded interpretation of the facts. \
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

what like we did when a million of us took to the streets to protest a war - that we can now see was more morally reprehensible than thought at the time and has financially ruined the UK - and were completely ignored.

Clearly, the reason the TSA can touch your junk, and molest your children is because no-one is prepared to stand up to them and fight back, despite being the most armed populace on Earth.
post #37 of 51
Quote:

How about they not put in taxes too?

I don't think that will go over so well. Your red states wouldn't function without the infusion of cash from the blue states.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #38 of 51
Video has emerged of the Police dragging a disabled protester out of his wheelchair and subjecting him to a sickening torrent of brutality.
post #39 of 51
Quote:

Video has emerged of the Police dragging a disabled protester out of his wheelchair and subjecting him to a sickening torrent of brutality.

I saw them dragging the guy, but I didn't see a "sickening torrent of brutality". Did I miss something?

I'd like to see more than a brief, grainy clip to understand the context.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I saw them dragging the guy, but I didn't see a "sickening torrent of brutality". Did I miss something?

I'd like to see more than a brief, grainy clip to understand the context.

Err yeah...I think the dragging bit was enough of a sickening torrent don't you?

Even you have to admit that's not good no?

Or was this wheelchair bound protester somehow a clear and present danger? Perhaps he was preparing to run the officer's down with his chair?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Police Brutality at Student Demo....