or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Police Brutality at Student Demo....

More Police Brutality at Student Demo.... - Page 2

post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Err yeah...I think the dragging bit was enough of a sickening torrent don't you?

Even you have to admit that's not good no?

Or was this wheelchair bound protester somehow a clear and present danger? Perhaps he was preparing to run the officer's down with his chair?

Who knows what the guy was doing? Maybe he was throwing petrol bombs all over the place. Maybe he was throwing stuff at people. The point is I don't feel like I have enough information to make a judgement either way.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Who knows what the guy was doing? Maybe he was throwing petrol bombs all over the place. Maybe he was throwing stuff at people. The point is I don't feel like I have enough information to make a judgement either way.

Strange...I do....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #43 of 51
I support the students in this one. The tuition fee hike by 9K pounds is nasty. At the same time, you can see the members of parliament debate over increased spending for education, etc. in Zimbabwe. There has to be some limit to hypocrisy.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #44 of 51
Quote:

Don't think there's any looting or burning going on....

A few cracked heads from truncheons though.

No specific looting mentioned, but burning, yes. And a great deal of vandalism.

@@@@@@@@@@@@
Mounted police were used to control crowds, at one point charging a group of protesters, as thousands of demonstrators protested outside the Houses of Parliament.

Other reported actions taken by the protesters include:

Setting the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square alight
Smashing windows at shops in Oxford Street
Vandalising statues in Parliament Square, including that of Winston Churchill
A sit-in by about 150 students at the National Gallery
Superintendent Julia Pendry said officers had come under sustained attack and condemned "acts of wanton vandalism, wanton violence" by protesters.
@@@@@@@@@@@@
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #45 of 51

Not sure this was related...happens all the time in London anyway...

This was targeted action against one shop - topShop - because of the noxious activities of the scumbag who owns it. Fair enough.

Actually it was pissing on a statue of Winston Churchill - which is fair enough and a natural reaction in any case (he was after all a notorious racist and general anti-Semite) - but this only happened because the protesters had to piss somewhere after being corralled their for hours by the Police and not allowed to move.

Ah there you have me...there's no excuse for this, this is beyoned the pale.
Bastards!

Superintendent Julia Pendry said officers had come under sustained attack and condemned "acts of wanton vandalism, wanton violence" by protesters.

Imagine my shock.

I notice he doesn't mention any condemnation of disabled protesters being dragged out of their wheelchairs and the guy in hospital with a bashed in head courtesy of Her Majesty's Blueshirts.
post #46 of 51
There is definitely a double standard as regards crowd behavior, and the police; when the event is politically oriented, cops tend to get rougher than on non politically colored crowd occasions, such as large sporting events where an unruly element is present.

People who attend political rallies and protests for genuine reasons, sympathetic to their cause hope and pray for a peaceful event, knowing that wanton violence invariably trashes their cause amongst the mainstream majority. Naturally, the powers-that-be are fully aware of this, and on numerous occasions have instigated violence in order to influence public opinion; those attacked naturally react in self defense, and are thus arrested on serious charges, such as "resisting arrest", or "assaulting a police officer" or "causing bodily harm" etc. etc.

Police have also used such tactics as hiring and paying unsavory characters to show up and start fights, or vandalize property on cue, while corporate media TV cameras and reporters are present. The WTO Seattle event was a classic example of this, where multiple witnesses saw and videotaped black-clad, masked individuals being "mock arrested" in the downtown area after throwing rocks through storefront windows, being carted off alongside genuine protesters in police vehicles and then released. On one famous occasion, a phony "Black Bloc" member was filmed waving a wad of cash and laughing as he emerged from a rear exit at the main police station in the city. This tactic is another variant on the "false flag" theme, in which elements of an authority, or paid hacks in disguise, attack their own infrastructure or bystanders, in order to generate public support for that authority and its agendæ.

Since Seattle, I've seen this kind of stuff happen first-hand more times than many people have had hot dinners.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #47 of 51
British Police Harrass 12 Year old under terror laws

Quote:
British officials have reportedly moved against 12-year-old Nicky Wishart, henceforth known as the Notorious Nicky of Oxfordshire, threatening him with arrest for threatening the public peace.

Nickys crime was to complain on Facebook about an upcoming plan to close his local youth centre, because "its a fantastic place to go and there isnt much else for us to do round here," and a plan to protest in front of his local MPs office, which in this case is Prime Minister David Camerons office, sparked harsh police action.

Notorious Nicky was pulled from his class by police and warned that he was under investigation by the Anti-terrorist squad. He was repeatedly warned by the police that he ought not attend the protest and that police intended to hold him personally responsible for anything that happened at the protest. They also warned him that armed police would be on hand in case the protesters got out of hand. They also warned him that they would be monitoring his future Facebook postings.

Nickys mother was called by the school and told that police had "taken an interest in something Nickys posted on FB," but was not allowed to be present at the police interrogation of her child.
post #48 of 51
Quote:

Not sure this was related...happens all the time in London anyway...

This was targeted action against one shop - topShop - because of the noxious activities of the scumbag who owns it. Fair enough.

Actually it was pissing on a statue of Winston Churchill - which is fair enough and a natural reaction in any case (he was after all a notorious racist and general anti-Semite) - but this only happened because the protesters had to piss somewhere after being corralled their for hours by the Police and not allowed to move.

Ah there you have me...there's no excuse for this, this is beyoned the pale.
Bastards!

Imagine my shock.

I notice he doesn't mention any condemnation of disabled protesters being dragged out of their wheelchairs and the guy in hospital with a bashed in head courtesy of Her Majesty's Blueshirts.

The sit in was the only part of that I had no problem with. All the rest crossed many lines. This article was before the wheelchair incident. It was the first one you linked to. Just got around to giving it a more thorough reading. Unless, of course they changed what the link pointed to, which is possible I guess.

Otherwise, do you have a link to the information that backs up all your other claims? Or are you going off of intuition and ESP?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #49 of 51
Quote:

That is not ok. If that was the extent of what he posted the response was way out of touch with reality.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The sit in was the only part of that I had no problem with. All the rest crossed many lines. This article was before the wheelchair incident. It was the first one you linked to. Just got around to giving it a more thorough reading. Unless, of course they changed what the link pointed to, which is possible I guess.

Otherwise, do you have a link to the information that backs up all your other claims? Or are you going off of intuition and ESP?

Ok..

Top Shop General Protest

More Top Shop

Top Shop Again

Re Churchill...do you want confirmation of his racism or confirmation that the urination occurred as a result of confinement?
post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

That is not ok. If that was the extent of what he posted the response was way out of touch with reality.

You may not know this living in the US - but this sort of thing is commonplace, I could post a list (have here before I think - is under 'Asbos') of very similar things.

They have been going on for about 5 years or more and are equally as ridiculous as this but very similar.

This is one reason why people are getting the feeling that they need to revolt against this form of tyranny.

It's not isolated incidents - it's common and enshrined in law.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Police Brutality at Student Demo....