or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Official 2011 prediction thread!

The Official 2011 prediction thread!

post #1 of 24
We know that some are predicting revolution. So I didn't want to leave that out, but the thought occurred to me, what are some of the things you think are going to happen in 2011?

People should treat this as a pure speculation thread. You can inform your guesses if you choose, but please don't try to dismiss someone due to lack of proof about the future.

So what should we dread or look forward to in 2011 per your prognostication skills?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 24
jg will come to the realization that he is a denier and will start posting the truth in CLIMATEGATE.

PEACE TO ALL AND MAY THE COMING YEAR BE BETTER THAN THIS ONE
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #3 of 24
I predict that some folks will continue use labels pejoratively (e.g., "denier" or "Tea Bagger", etc.) as a way to avoid engaging in real discussion.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #4 of 24
I think certain members of this board will somehow become even more nauseating.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #5 of 24
Continued economic stagnation.

Unemployment won't change much. Might even increase.

Deficits in the US will continue to add even more debt at unprecedented rates.

The Fed will continue printing money (for those lacking a Fed-translator...they call this "quantitative easing") leading to a currency crisis (i.e., serious inflation) in the US.

Things only get worse after that.

post #6 of 24
Wales will win the rugby world cup.

Cardiff City will be promoted to the Premiership and the faithful will Do The Ayatollah live on TV.

Real Madrid will win the Champions League and La Liga.

Haruki Murakami will win the Nobel Prize for Literature.

UK Government will collapse.

Riots will continue in Europe and race-riots will hit the UK in the summer. Unrest will also occur in the US on the streets.

Two-tier Euro system will be introduced with Spain, Portugal, Ireland et all relegated to second level possibly even returning to their previous currencies.

The rapture will not occur and Jesus Christ will not return to earth.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #7 of 24
Whatever is predicted in this thread will either happen or not happen with varying degrees of success by the predictors.

People will grow older, pay taxes, have new families, lose family members and die.

The government will be blamed by many for every form of problem.

The Rich will be blamed for not caring enough for the poor.

The poor will be blamed for not trying hard enough or for giving up and going on the dole.

The middle class will be blamed for not engaging in debate and process like they should.

Christians will be blamed for not living up to the higher ideals they supposedly follow.

Atheists will be blamed for hypocrisy.

People everywhere will be blamed for global warming and an inability to stop the destruction of the planet.

Those blaming the people for global warming will be blamed for falsifying data or junk science.

Very few will actually take full responsibility for their own part in the problem and not cast blame needlessly.

Lather, rinse repeat. \

I am sure I missed something, and misspoke other things. I blame a lack of sleep.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #8 of 24
Coming to a police station near you-

"A pilot scheme assuring "swift justice" by allowing defendants to be dealt with via a secure video link from a police station has begun in London.
Under the "virtual courts" scheme, defendants make their first appearance from a room at a police station equipped with a camera.
The scheme aims to cut delays caused by missing paperwork and defendants failing to turn up.

The current pilot links Charing Cross Police Station with Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court, in south London.
A further 14 police stations in London will join the pilot over the summer.
It has already seen one defendant jailed without ever entering a court building.
The man, who admitted drink driving, was also fined and banned from driving last week only hours after he was arrested."
~ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8070279.stm
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Continued economic stagnation.

Unemployment won't change much. Might even increase.

Deficits in the US will continue to add even more debt at unprecedented rates.

The Fed will continue printing money (for those lacking a Fed-translator...they call this "quantitative easing") leading to a currency crisis (i.e., serious inflation) in the US.

Things only get worse after that.

OTOH, Ron Paul will soon be kicking Ben Bernanke's behind. Linky-dink.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Whatever is predicted in this thread will either happen or not happen with varying degrees of success by the predictors.

People will grow older, pay taxes, have new families, lose family members and die.

Is a fatuous use of the thread...disingenuous at best...especially as posters have suggested specifics.

Quote:
The government will be blamed by many for every form of problem.

The Rich will be blamed for not caring enough for the poor.

The poor will be blamed for not trying hard enough or for giving up and going on the dole.

The middle class will be blamed for not engaging in debate and process like they should.

Merely the inverse of the people who say:

The Right-wing will continue to make ridiculous statements.

Right-wing Racists will beat up an ethnic minority.

It's easy, it's superficial and it's lame.

Quote:
Christians will be blamed for not living up to the higher ideals they supposedly follow.

Do they live up to them?

If they don't should they not be blamed?

How about:

Murderers will be accused of a crime and blamed for taking a life...

Quote:
Atheists will be blamed for hypocrisy.

I am down on some varieties of atheist but hypocrisy isn't really something I readily associate with them.

Quote:
I am sure I missed something, and misspoke other things. I blame a lack of sleep.

Muslims blamed for not integrating perhaps as well as blamed for trying to open community centres ?
post #11 of 24
Expect an extension of the same agenda that was enabled by the 9/11 attacks:

Weasel politicians on both sides of the aisle will be pushing their tongues as far as they can go up the rear end of the military/industrial/security/prison complex, all to maintain the climate of fear and the public's clamoring to be protected from a non existent enemy, all in the name of "security",, more dope trafficking by the mainstream corporate media, as part of the push to make lots of $$ for those who profit from war, killing and human misery, decimate the middle class, and exert greater control and surveillance on we-the-less-and-less-unrepresented. More erosion of hard won rights. More phony "terror" attempts in places that "genuine" terrorists don't attack, ie airports. Etc. etc. etc.......

An old road, much traveled, which always ends in the same ugly place. Germany 1930s, US 2010s. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #12 of 24
Maybe the bulldozers will finally be called in-

"--$2tn debt crisis threatens to bring down 100 US cities--

Overdrawn American cities could face financial collapse in 2011, defaulting on hundreds of billions of dollars of borrowings and derailing the US economic recovery. Nor are European cities safe Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Venice: all are in trouble.

US cities tend to default more than European municipalities as they usually rely on bonds issued to investors, which enter into a default if the creditor misses payments. European towns, by contrast, traditionally depend on bank loans and government bailouts."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...tens-us-cities

post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Is a fatuous use of the thread...disingenuous at best...especially as posters have suggested specifics.

Do they live up to them?

How about:

I am down on some varieties of atheist but hypocrisy isn't really something I readily associate with them.

Muslims blamed for not integrating perhaps as well as blamed for trying to open community centres ?

Don't know what will happen as the future is a moving target. Each thing I posted, I guarantee will happen at some point. And the other side of the coin will do what they do too. I am not much of a prognosticator otherwise. No use trying to guess what will happen as the world does not work the way we wish it would.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #14 of 24
Quote:

Do they live up to them?
How about:

Ummmm......

Riots will continue in Europe and race-riots will hit the UK in the summer. Unrest will also occur in the US on the streets.

A few of yours were pretty specific but these are certainly no better than what you complained about.

post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Ummmm......

A few of yours were pretty specific but these are certainly no better than what you complained about.

Not so.

These have a high chance of NOT happening....the US one in particular is particularly unlikely.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

as the world does not work the way we wish it would.

Insightful view on religion there.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Insightful view on religion there.

Does the world work the way you wish it would?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We know that some are predicting revolution. So I didn't want to leave that out, but the thought occurred to me, what are some of the things you think are going to happen in 2011?

People should treat this as a pure speculation thread. You can inform your guesses if you choose, but please don't try to dismiss someone due to lack of proof about the future.

So what should we dread or look forward to in 2011 per your prognostication skills?

I have a feeling Obama will be shot by some white fanatical group in the middle of 2012 I sincerely hope I am wrong in this.South Korea and North Korea might engage in a war again.
post #19 of 24
Quote:

Self-forecasting usually the easiest.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Coming to a police station near you-

"A pilot scheme assuring "swift justice" by allowing defendants to be dealt with via a secure video link from a police station has begun in London.
Under the "virtual courts" scheme, defendants make their first appearance from a room at a police station equipped with a camera.
The scheme aims to cut delays caused by missing paperwork and defendants failing to turn up.

The current pilot links Charing Cross Police Station with Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court, in south London.
A further 14 police stations in London will join the pilot over the summer.
It has already seen one defendant jailed without ever entering a court building.
The man, who admitted drink driving, was also fined and banned from driving last week only hours after he was arrested."
~ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8070279.stm

We already have this in the US.
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Expect an extension of the same agenda that was enabled by the 9/11 attacks:

Weasel politicians on both sides of the aisle will be pushing their tongues as far as they can go up the rear end of the military/industrial/security/prison complex, all to maintain the climate of fear and the public's clamoring to be protected from a non existent enemy, all in the name of "security",, more dope trafficking by the mainstream corporate media, as part of the push to make lots of $$ for those who profit from war, killing and human misery, decimate the middle class, and exert greater control and surveillance on we-the-less-and-less-unrepresented. More erosion of hard won rights. More phony "terror" attempts in places that "genuine" terrorists don't attack, ie airports. Etc. etc. etc.......

An old road, much traveled, which always ends in the same ugly place. Germany 1930s, US 2010s. "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

Wow. I get the point of view, but I think that's over the top. Not that I'm surprised.
post #22 of 24
Quote:

That's just ridiculous.....how is that possible?
post #23 of 24
Interesing article here at the BBC about Future Predictions.

It's about a book published in 1972 that seemed to get many things right...

For example, he claimed that people would be wearing jumpsuits and attached a picture...

Looks like he correctly predicted US extremism and abuses in Gitmo..
post #24 of 24
Quote:

Cardiff City will be promoted to the Premiership and the faithful will Do The Ayatollah live on TV.

Real Madrid will win the Champions League and La Liga.

I'm thinking Barcelona will do Champions League + La Liga and UNFORTUNATELY Man United will top the Premiership.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Official 2011 prediction thread!