or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Politically Correct Holiday Greeting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Politically Correct Holiday Greeting - Page 2

post #41 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, we don't. Improve your comprehension skills, and you will know that BR and I claim that this is all happening because some people, including some Christians, don't want to offend non-Christians.

Yup, and in a situation where I just want to be polite and don't have the time or desire to find out exactly which fairy tale the person subscribes to, the catch-all term "Happy Holidays" conveys all the good-natured positive feelings I sincerely do wish on the recipients. Only a touchy asshole would be offended by it. Only a touchy asshole would somehow now claim there's a war on Christmas.

As far as public displays of nativity scenes...well, if it's on private property--who gives a shit. Those who want public displays on private property torn down are being touchy assholes themselves. However, if the nativity scenes are on public property, there are two choices:

1. Allow every other religion to display whatever the fuck they want on whatever the fuck important holidays they have

OR

2. Don't display anything at all.

Again, not unreasonable unless you, yourself, are unreasonable.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #42 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Curious... Sego, do you personally believe in the immaculate conception?

No Tonton...that would be irrational

I don't believe in an interventionist God either - but if I did, I would still not believe in the IC but would perhaps believe it was possible for God to do it even though He didn't.

I don't even think that though the IC stated in the Qur'an it is necessary to accept it totally without question or reason.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #43 of 67
Maybe if Mary was symbolic of the Earth....
post #44 of 67
Hello Everyone

Happy Holidays, newbie here.
post #45 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

(Got this in an email from my dad. Not sure of the source.)

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends, but it is so difficult in todays world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my attorneys, and on their advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2011, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this message.

This is a sincere and thoughtful greeting that I wish I had when I was young.Nothing wrong with this at all.
post #46 of 67
I would like to wish Merry Christmas to old timer dmz, who we dont appear to have heard from from quite a while.

Perphaps he got raptured afterall.
post #47 of 67
Now atheists are upset they weren't invited to a prayer service. We have moved from the realm of irony to pure comedy.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #48 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Now atheists are upset they weren't invited to a prayer service. We have moved from the realm of irony to pure comedy.

This is a classic example of the irrationality of some atheists. It actually is a form of Political Correctness rather than any desire for 'facts' which it is often painted as.

I prefer Monty Python.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #49 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Now atheists are upset they weren't invited to a prayer service. We have moved from the realm of irony to pure comedy.

(personally, I think they're idiots too.....but as its you)


why should they be excluded from that ancient pagan ritual of putting your hands together to simulate the life giving powers of the vulva?


Athiests like vulvas too, except those freaks making out on dmz's lawn.
post #50 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

(personally, I think they're idiots too.....but as its you)


why should they be excluded from that ancient pagan ritual of putting your hands together to simulate the life giving powers of the vulva?


Athiests like vulvas too, except those freaks making out on dmz's lawn.

Great, another poster in the realm of Wormhole caliber it seems. All snark and bluster. \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #51 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Great, another poster in the realm of Wormhole caliber it seems. All snark and bluster. \

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #52 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Just tells me that some things never change. He was banned before for a reason and perhaps that reason still exists. If he is Wormhole it should be simple for those moderating to find out. I don't believe this is the case though.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #53 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Just tells me that some things never change. He was banned before for a reason and perhaps that reason still exists. If he is Wormhole it should be simple for those moderating to find out. I don't believe this is the case though.

Frightening if there were two such similar characters at large though.

Still..why not? It's certainly possible. Neither is very original or unique if you think about it. Hehe

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #54 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Great, another poster in the realm of Wormhole caliber it seems. All snark and bluster. \

yes, yes, I know....when you dont like/cant refute the message/cant bear the truth.... resort to intimidation and censorship.

Im quite happy to be banned, I recall I've been banned thus far for vigorously standing up for freedom of speech, and telling some of the far-right members to go fuck themselves

It's always worth it.

By all means.....investigate.

(And a preemptive Happy Ishtar to all my favourite pagan celebration stealing friends who cant stand the truth). It seems that my prediction of P(cognitive Dissonance)=1 was true and now the fundies are squirming....
post #55 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

yes, yes, I know....when you dont like/cant refute the message/cant bear the truth.... resort to intimidation and censorship.

Im quite happy to be banned, I recall I've been banned thus far for vigorously standing up for freedom of speech, and telling some of the far-right members to go fuck themselves

It's always worth it.

Apparently censorship now equals the ability to abuse other people. Words, they sort of have definitions.

The definition of standing up for freedom apparently is telling other people to go fuck themselves.

Or....something like that...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #56 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Apparently censorship now equals the ability to abuse other people. Words, they sort of have definitions.

The definition of standing up for freedom apparently is telling other people to go fuck themselves.

Or....something like that...

Oh look, an intentional and deliberate strawman...Probably just bait.

Remember though, that when nearly everyone wanted You banned for your continuing-Obama-induced-spaz-outburst, I was one of the few, if not the only one, who said it was best to demonstrate self-control and ignore your tantrums, rather than having you or anyone banninated. For which I got banned... and many other decent posters also got banned, while you played your little game...

Doesn't anyone want to address that putting your hands together in prayer is a pagan gesture of symbolizing the life giving powers of the vulva. What about that fundie right wing nutjob in denial wearing the far left social mask? Would you like to address that?

Oh I forgot, such knowledge is to be oppressed, because we're all uptight, upright, gun-toting, Americans here who cant bear to see a nipple....did someone say Vulva???

Better keep pushing for the ban....or atleast go for the mental-illness angle.
post #57 of 67
Actually, this has been beneficial....Just realised what the connection was between vulva, Ixoye and Khod!

Thanks!



Happy New Year

son of Khod!
post #58 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Apparently censorship now equals the ability to abuse other people. Words, they sort of have definitions.

The definition of standing up for freedom apparently is telling other people to go fuck themselves.

Or....something like that...

The people told to go fuck themselves have to be Muslims though - that's probably where you're getting confused.

And you have to do it with a juvenile abusive borderline-racist cartoon. Then it's free speech.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #59 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

Oh look, an intentional and deliberate strawman...Probably just bait.

Yes noting words have definitions and noting the reasoning of the statements is a strawman.

Quote:
Remember though, that when nearly everyone wanted You banned for your continuing-Obama-induced-spaz-outburst, I was one of the few, if not the only one, who said it was best to demonstrate self-control and ignore your tantrums, rather than having you or anyone banninated. For which I got banned... and many other decent posters also got banned, while you played your little game...

Isn't it weird how the view of yourself and a few others doesn't seem match up with the facts?

Quote:
Doesn't anyone want to address that putting your hands together in prayer is a pagan gesture of symbolizing the life giving powers of the vulva. What about that fundie right wing nutjob in denial wearing the far left social mask? Would you like to address that?

I think most people see the strawman and hidden attempt to ad-hom someone that it really is all about. I think that this is seen often which is why people who claim it really isn't about this end up throwing tantrums and getting banned.

Quote:
Oh I forgot, such knowledge is to be oppressed, because we're all uptight, upright, gun-toting, Americans here who cant bear to see a nipple....did someone say Vulva???

In what form has it been oppressed? Just because the knowledge isn't common doesn't mean it is oppressed. How many youths playing basketball understand the origins of it as an example?
Quote:
Better keep pushing for the ban....or atleast go for the mental-illness angle.

I'll send you a nice PM.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #60 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes noting words have definitions and noting the reasoning of the statements is a strawman.



Isn't it weird how the view of yourself and a few others doesn't seem match up with the facts?



I think most people see the strawman and hidden attempt to ad-hom someone that it really is all about. I think that this is seen often which is why people who claim it really isn't about this end up throwing tantrums and getting banned.



In what form has it been oppressed? Just because the knowledge isn't common doesn't mean it is oppressed. How many youths playing basketball understand the origins of it as an example?


I'll send you a nice PM.

Language comprehension == More bait.

Can't wait for the PM, perhaps i'll send it to Julian.
post #61 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

yes, yes, I know....when you dont like/cant refute the message/cant bear the truth.... resort to intimidation and censorship.

Im quite happy to be banned, I recall I've been banned thus far for vigorously standing up for freedom of speech, and telling some of the far-right members to go fuck themselves

It's always worth it.

By all means.....investigate.

(And a preemptive Happy Ishtar to all my favourite pagan celebration stealing friends who cant stand the truth). It seems that my prediction of P(cognitive Dissonance)=1 was true and now the fundies are squirming....

Squirming? All I have done is noted that you were similar in posting style to Wormhole and then noted that you were not Wormhole as you had a previous history here. Nor have i called for anyone's banning, just noted that if you were the same person it would not take much effort for a mod to figure it out and take appropriate action.

Perhaps the one with cognitive issues is not me. \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #62 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Squirming? All I have done is noted that you were similar in posting style to Wormhole and then noted that you were not Wormhole as you had a previous history here. Nor have i called for anyone's banning, just noted that if you were the same person it would not take much effort for a mod to figure it out and take appropriate action.

Which is what? Got to love the MO.

Quote:
Perhaps the one with cognitive issues is not me. \

Sneak them in there... Better keep the conversation about my history.....I see you're now choosing the mental-illness route...

At least it demonstrates that you cant refute that Christianity is a pagan religion that worships the divine vulva.

Nothing wrong with that! why not be honest about it though?
post #63 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

Which is what? Got to love the MO.



Sneak them in there... Better keep the conversation about my history.....I see you're now choosing the mental-illness route...

At least it demonstrates that you cant refute that Christianity is a pagan religion that worships the divine vulva.

Nothing wrong with that! why not be honest about it though?

Wave those hands.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #64 of 67
still cant refute?
post #65 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK View Post

still cant refute?

You assume that I care to.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #66 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

You assume that I care to.

and yet you cared enough to want to get involved in this conversation, unless of course your only interest was to throw thinly veiled insults and intimidation...

However, seeing as you cant, or wont, or perhaps.....you already knew that God is not some uber all powerful granddaddy, but is however, the ancient name of the vulva, which as a source of life, has been worshipped by humanity since the dawn of time, and that all of Christianity, however distorted and perverse it has become, was essentially the celebration of the continuation of life aka the fertility religion....why not tell the truth?

is it alright for Frank to feel smug that the athiests got locked out of prayer?....Im sure Frank doesn't want to play etymology or history any more. Perhaps he should have a think about why he is all to prepared to believe lies.
post #67 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK™ View Post

and yet you cared enough to want to get involved in this conversation, unless of course your only interest was to throw thinly veiled insults and intimidation...

However, seeing as you cant, or wont, or perhaps.....you already knew that God is not some uber all powerful granddaddy, but is however, the ancient name of the vulva, which as a source of life, has been worshipped by humanity since the dawn of time, and that all of Christianity, however distorted and perverse it has become, was essentially the celebration of the continuation of life aka the fertility religion....why not tell the truth?

is it alright for Frank to feel smug that the athiests got locked out of prayer?....Im sure Frank doesn't want to play etymology or history any more. Perhaps he should have a think about why he is all to prepared to believe lies.

Go back, read my reply to this thread and then see if your questions are even valid in my case. I already answered this.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Politically Correct Holiday Greeting